Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

Harsh and not needed.

With so many playable leagues (116 out of the box) in the game, there are literally trillions of game set ups available within Football Manager. It is simply not possible to pre test them all. Hence the bug reporting system.

Exactly, bugs are to be expected with this type of game, particularly when you have so many leagues as well as the possibility of edited databases. The only major concern I have is when there's issues with basic game functions which are independent of game set, particularly if that problem were to be persistent for over half the lifetime of the product to that point, and were rebroken after initially being fixed.

I was not accusing Lucas or yourself from withholding information. My posts go deeper than that - you should dig into the underlying issue here and you should be able to find out that we were only recently told why SI implemented certain changes to the Editor, having had to wait an extremely long time for a reply.

I expected some communication in the first place. But we have reached nowhere, and so we should stop taking pot shots at each other, forget any comments that are out of order and tackle the issue. The issue being SI need to be more open with the editing community as we provide so much to the community through the content that we create. The reasons we have given should be justified enough for that.

Reposting what you've written and ignoring the kinds of information we've asked for isn't going to get any more response than we've already given. We asked for you to be constructive, to give us reasons as to why you want something in the game/editor for a future version. I haven't seen that. Complaining we are not listening and keeping up this tirade isn't helping at all.

communication need to be from 2 sides if you want this to continue. you cant expect from us to rapport bugs all over again and to get nothing in return- no information or any help from your side. just messages from "copy/paste" folder (reviewed and similar messages). if you want to have contact with community you need to be more open for our suggestions- not to close every thread we start about problems. why should i help you and waste my time on your job?

why should i help you and waste my time on your job?

It isn't surprising that there's a lack (according to you) of communication. As Lucas told you, this attitude isn't going to help your cause. Who knows if SI would find you useful? With attitudes this bad, you'll never find out.

Now seriously, by all means have a constructive discussion, but cut out the attitude and take Lucas's advice on board.

Please, please, please sort the corners out, conceded over 5o in 3 league seasons, never been like this on previous FM's. And before anyone says about tactics from corners, yes maybe they could be better, but that doesn't mean I should be conceding over 15 a season when I'm one of the best teams in the league, it doesn't happen to any team

Please, please, please sort the corners out, conceded over 5o in 3 league seasons, never been like this on previous FM's. And before anyone says about tactics from corners, yes maybe they could be better, but that doesn't mean I should be conceding over 15 a season when I'm one of the best teams in the league, it doesn't happen to any team

What steps have you taken to reduce the frequency of goals conceded from corners?

It crops up in the Tactics forum from time to time, but it's extremely easy to make minor tweaks to improve the way you defend corners.

What steps have you taken to reduce the frequency of goals conceded from corners?

It crops up in the Tactics forum from time to time, but it's extremely easy to make minor tweaks to improve the way you defend corners.

I have my players man marking, I expect to concede a few, as every team does as set pieces are crucial but it's a ridiculous amount I'm conceding, especially when I don't score more than 5 a season. It's starting to just take the fun out of the game

Very disappointed about the editor issues stated above by respected members of the editing community.

As a software developer I find SI's attitude strange and illogical to say the least.

I think that free content creators should be cherished instead of ignored.

I have my players man marking, I expect to concede a few, as every team does as set pieces are crucial but it's a ridiculous amount I'm conceding, especially when I don't score more than 5 a season. It's starting to just take the fun out of the game

Zonal marking is what you need instead. One or two players doing that and goals conceded from corners will plummet.

I hope that I'm reasonable with this post.

Reposting what you've written and ignoring the kinds of information we've asked for isn't going to get any more response than we've already given. We asked for you to be constructive, to give us reasons as to why you want something in the game/editor for a future version. I haven't seen that. Complaining we are not listening and keeping up this tirade isn't helping at all.

I understand you don't want to speculation the rule over the thread that kingrobbo has posted. But closing the thread ends all future potential communication and further the discussion about the issue the thread was about. Editing XML files of editable databases. I understand that you made impossible to edit these files as means of intellectual property security measure. But of Whom? Yours? The integrity of the game itself? The people that edits the databases? What? Closing the thread made me impossible to participate and ask those questions to clear why such drastic measures were taken.

Also who were those people that suggested this lockout to protect that integrity property? I don't want names, but I haven't seen such a discussion being discussed here at the forums. If there was can someone give me the link of such thread?

I understand your frustration, really I do, and you often put your points a lot better than some. But honestly, they really don't need to do that. From their perspective, that is opening a door to a nightmare. It would help you if they said that bug x would be fixed by y date, but then what about when that slips? Which it would, as best laid plans always go awry. You'd probably accept it, as you're reasonable, but do you think everyone would do that with every bug? Plus the plain fact is that they don't know a timescale. Often they won't know how long it'll take to fix until it's actually fixed. We give estimates on all the tickets we work on in my role - sometimes those estimates are way to conservative, and it's done in a fraction of it, but then sometimes it grows legs, and you're spending weeks on something that was set to take a day. There is just no way to communicate that to the general public without opening yourself up.

And, unfortunately for you and many others, I just don't think they're putting that much importance on the editor. It's a shame, because I've recently found a lot of enjoyment in it (although not as many of the serious issues as reported), but I can completely see why they haven't allocated that many resources to it. If they haven't. There are bigger fish to fry.

People don't want to be told a prevision like that, but a few written words, like. "This bug inflicts a lot of work from our part and thus is likely to be corrected in the next version of FM, if the debugging process works in our favour. If it doesn't, i don't think it will be fixed on next version of the game." It takes what five minutes to write this? It isn't that hard to do. if it is too time consuming for devs to do, then hire a social media employ to do it.

There's something oddly fatalistic about complaining bitterly about bugs that were already missed by the team themselves (and not necessarily ever would have been), and then refusing to actually report anything anymore. Sticking your fingers in your ears won't get things fixed quicker, no matter how frustrated you are.

krlenjushka is one of most active members of editor sub-forum and if you have doubts about the editor he is one of most there to help people out. Reading his words I saw a lot of frustration, a frustration that he works he butt off to help fellow users without a earning a peny and reporting bugs of the editor he finds. When he sees such reports get no reply or that is being looked at, but seeing patch after patch, after patch being released and the bug still remains adds to the frustration. Being locked out of editing XML files of edit databases, was the drop that overflow the glass.

Very disappointed about the editor issues stated above by respected members of the editing community.

As a software developer I find SI's attitude strange and illogical to say the least.

The bolded part may suggest why it's slightly less important than the product that people, you know, actually pay for. Not really sure what "attitude" you're referring to either to be honest. Ranking bugs and work items in terms of priority and working on the most important first? How very dare they...

People don't want to be told a prevision like that, but a few written words, like. "This bug inflicts a lot of work from our part and thus is likely to be seen in the next version of FM, if the debugging process works in our favour. If it doesn't, i don't think it will be fixed then." It takes what five minutes to write this? It isn't that hard to do. if it is too time consuming for devs to do, then hire a social media employ to do it.

So, what you're wanting is them to say "It might get fixed in the next update, then again it might not". Exactly why do you need to be told this, given it's glaringly obvious common-sense anyway?

krlenjushka is one of most active members of editor sub-forum and if you have doubts about the editor he is one of most there to help people out. Reading his words I saw a lot of frustration, a frustration that he works he butt off to help fellow users without a earning a peny and reporting bugs of the editor he finds. When he sees such reports get no reply or that is being looked at, but seeing patch after patch, after patch being released and the bug still remains adds to the frustration. Being locked out of editing XML files of edit databases, was the drop that overflow the glass.

I know all that, and he does great work. So he's frustrated, and has every right to be, but I stand by what I said unequivocally. People might not like it, but SI do need help for particular bugs. If everyone just had the attitude of not reporting anything, then less would get fixed. Simple fact. I just find that attitude wrong, even if they've reported plenty in the past - which he has - especially since it's often aligned to some sort of thinking that SI just sit back and ignore everything. They don't, but then there are only twenty-four hours in a day and far less in a work day. There are only so many resources, so certain things are possibly not going to get worked on over others. I'm not really sure what people want them to do about that.

I understand you don't want to speculation the rule over the thread that kingrobbo has posted. But closing the thread ends all future potential communication and further the discussion about the issue the thread was about. Editing XML files of editable databases. I understand that you made impossible to edit these files as means of intellectual property security measure. But of Whom? Yours? The integrity of the game itself? The people that edits the databases? What? Closing the thread made me impossible to participate and ask those questions to clear why such drastic measures were taken.

Also who were those people that suggested this lockout to protect that integrity property? I don't want names, but I haven't seen such a discussion being discussed here at the forums. If there was can someone give me the link of such thread?

People don't want to be told a prevision like that, but a few written words, like. "This bug inflicts a lot of work from our part and thus is likely to be seen in the next version of FM, if the debugging process works in our favour. If it doesn't, i don't think it will be fixed then." It takes what five minutes to write this? It isn't that hard to do. if it is too time consuming for devs to do, then hire a social media employ to do it.

None of that still answers Lucas's request though. Now we can go round in endless circles about this. Or one can follow Lucas's request. The choice is there. You have a dev on the page right now asking you. Use the opportunity wisely.

Have you not even read anything I've said? That's a complete fabrication. Keep this on topic please with constructive comments and feedback. Thanks.

As stated in the Editor forum itself, concerns about the Resource Archiver have been passed on to be looked at. In terms of Feature Requests or ideas for how things can be improved for you, the thread to post in is this one; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/409595-*Official*-Editor-Feature-Requests which is regularly read, and acknowledged, and ideas logged for consideration.

Keep it civil, keep it polite and keep putting ideas in there because it's always being read. It is the best place to put ideas and it will be seen and considered. Please, enough of the sniping and abrasive tone though.

Zonal marking is what you need instead. One or two players doing that and goals conceded from corners will plummet.

Cheers, I'll give it a go

If you read what I wrote in that thread I gave very helpful advice where best to place comments so that they don't feel ignored.

Content creators were getting in touch that their content was being passed off as their own, and their feedback was taken on board. Now, if you have some feedback and suggestions you can post in a constructive manner, we can take them on board as well.

People don't want to be told a prevision like that, but a few written words, like. "This bug inflicts a lot of work from our part and thus is likely to be corrected in the next version of FM, if the debugging process works in our favour. If it doesn't, i don't think it will be fixed on next version of the game." It takes what five minutes to write this? It isn't that hard to do. if it is too time consuming for devs to do, then hire a social media employ to do it.

When the bug is passed on to the coding team we give you an immediate response that it isn't possible any further information to give at that stage.

I still haven't been told by krlenjushka what he can't do in the editor that the XML allows him to do. This would be helpful and constructive feedback, not complaints

Cheers, I'll give it a go

Also when you concede, have a look at how you concede from the corner. And if there is an aspect that you feel is buggy, certainly raise it. It might not be a bug, but you can get clarification either way :thup:

i still can't finish my first season with Inter..im second in the league(season's target is 5th) and just before my match against tottenham in the europe league's semi final all my team start complaining cause i sold mbaye or cause i didn't accepted some non-exixtent offers for kovacic,nagatomo...so my team's morale drop and everyone want to leave and the board ready to sack me at the first wrong step(they renewed my contract 1 month before that). Still waiting for a patch to be able to continue..

i still can't finish my first season with Inter..im second in the league(season's target is 5th) and just before my match against tottenham in the europe league's semi final all my team start complaining cause i sold mbaye or cause i didn't accepted some non-exixtent offers for kovacic,nagatomo...so my team's morale drop and everyone want to leave and the board ready to sack me at the first wrong step(they renewed my contract 1 month before that). Still waiting for a patch to be able to continue..

If an event has happened which upsets morale, then the morale is already affected. No update will retrospectively make everyone happy.

If an event has happened which upsets morale, then the morale is already affected. No update will retrospectively make everyone happy.

Luckily i have a save that starts 2 weeks before this event. :)

Luckily i have a save that starts 2 weeks before this event. :)

It would be worth uploading that save to the Bugs Forum, if you haven't already, so SI can see just why the team gets so upset about events that haven't happened.

I'm so sick of not being allowed to sell crap youth players just because SI have programmed the game that way, it's stupid that a left winger of 2 and a half stars current ability is felt so strongly about when he'll never make it.

I'm so sick of not being allowed to sell crap youth players just because SI have programmed the game that way, it's stupid that a left winger of 2 and a half stars current ability is felt so strongly about when he'll never make it.

Bit limiting. I've probably sold, released or loaned upwards of 200 players from my squad and haven't had any complaints. To say you're not allowed to sell them because it's been programmed that way is a bit harsh.

Yeh I sell a lot of youth players with a 20% of next fee clause.

Loan out lots too. And release a lot.

Bit limiting. I've probably sold, released or loaned upwards of 200 players from my squad and haven't had any complaints. To say you're not allowed to sell them because it's been programmed that way is a bit harsh.

I've sold a few players which this didn't happen too but most of the time it does and causes me to reload from a few weeks earlier because of the players turning into really scary weirdos "I'll make your job really uncomfortable if you don't do X or Y" It's like they're going to be watching my every move, sending letters through my door with reminders.

Regardless of this it's apparently a bug and whether it gets fixed or not is up to them but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

None of that still answers Lucas's request though. Now we can go round in endless circles about this. Or one can follow Lucas's request. The choice is there. You have a dev on the page right now asking you. Use the opportunity wisely.

I have nothing further to add to the debate or to request or to give feedback to. I add here in these forums plenty of feedback in the past and was set aside or probably ignored, just because I have a the perspective of the game needs to be more fun instead of seeing as a job. Nor will I bother anyone here with the same message over and over again. If my feedback wasn't locked or discussed or was it locked, discussed and debated in their offices and came to conclusion not to act on my feedback, that is entirely the Devs decision to do so. Its their game, so my job is to acceapt their decisions and it is my decision to support their decisions by buying the game or not.

I only now simply request features that will add more enjoyment to me, and if there is other people that agree, then the more the merrier.

With that said, I placed my request on the appropriate thread and even try to help the devs at SI using a simple method to show why such a feature is important, not only to me and the rest of the community.

If those people complaining about the editor, wish to give proper feedback and request that such a limitation imposed on the editor is harmful to the community it is their job to do so. I hope they do so. I have done mine. If that wasn't enough, I'm sorry but I want waste time any further. My time is valuable as it is the devs.

With that, I end my participation of this subject, I'm back to my old self requesting features that I think will add valuable and fun to the game. Cheers!

PS: I gave my request of new features to editor a few days ago, I wish the devs have fun exploring them and discussing such ideas internally.

A lot of this is on reputation. As I get deeper in the save, I get less of this. At the beginning, I get it loads.

Has anyone had any success at all with a more direct, pump ball into the box type of game when chasing a goal? I find that the AI just seems to play the same way even when one up with 10 minutes to go so I never seem to get the opportunity to do the old bombard them type of game late on.

Has anyone had any success at all with a more direct, pump ball into the box type of game when chasing a goal? I find that the AI just seems to play the same way even when one up with 10 minutes to go so I never seem to get the opportunity to do the old bombard them type of game late on.

A bit, but I seem more likely to get caught on the counter if I try it (which is fair enough I suppose) I find dropping the D line a lot deeper and drawing them out for me to counter works more often (if my forwards are quick and have some legs left).

Tbh I usually do nothing much as damage limitation :)

I understand your frustration, really I do, and you often put your points a lot better than some. But honestly, they really don't need to do that. From their perspective, that is opening a door to a nightmare. It would help you if they said that bug x would be fixed by y date, but then what about when that slips? Which it would, as best laid plans always go awry. You'd probably accept it, as you're reasonable, but do you think everyone would do that with every bug? Plus the plain fact is that they don't know a timescale. Often they won't know how long it'll take to fix until it's actually fixed. We give estimates on all the tickets we work on in my role - sometimes those estimates are way to conservative, and it's done in a fraction of it, but then sometimes it grows legs, and you're spending weeks on something that was set to take a day. There is just no way to communicate that to the general public without opening yourself up.

And, unfortunately for you and many others, I just don't think they're putting that much importance on the editor. It's a shame, because I've recently found a lot of enjoyment in it (although not as many of the serious issues as reported), but I can completely see why they haven't allocated that many resources to it. If they haven't. There are bigger fish to fry.

I am afraid what you have said more or less sums it up I have always wanted to get dialogue with SI regarding the editor as it perceived in the editors forum exactly what I have underlined . Its such a shame as the product is almost there and with the right input I think the issues could be resolved. There are so many knowledgeable users who would assist with this but the plain facts as things stand are there are a mountain of bugs reported with limited staff/resources to address them.

as regards Lucas has asked for some input on the xml situation, for us regular editors that system worked very well we have being editing like that for many years and from experience it proves very stable, infact more so than files currently generated in the fm15 editor

the complaints regarding some people who are passing off others work (I sympathise with this its happened to me)will not be stopped by being unable to extract files, people can still download a file adapt it in editor and pass it off the way to resolve it would be to perhaps password protect a file

the change to saving files to a fmf format is very frustrating if that could be returned to as it always was .xml that would be fantastic

Right, I'm calling time on this discussion in this thread, please revert to the Editors Hideway for anything further on this subject.

Obviously I can't make any promises on response to issues raised there but it is the place for it and this isn't.

Thanks muchly.

I am afraid what you have said more or less sums it up I have always wanted to get dialogue with SI regarding the editor as it perceived in the editors forum exactly what I have underlined . Its such a shame as the product is almost there and with the right input I think the issues could be resolved. There are so many knowledgeable users who would assist with this but the plain facts as things stand are there are a mountain of bugs reported with limited staff/resources to address them.

as regards Lucas has asked for some input on the xml situation, for us regular editors that system worked very well we have being editing like that for many years and from experience it proves very stable, infact more so than files currently generated in the fm15 editor

the complaints regarding some people who are passing off others work (I sympathise with this its happened to me)will not be stopped by being unable to extract files, people can still download a file adapt it in editor and pass it off the way to resolve it would be to perhaps password protect a file

the change to saving files to a fmf format is very frustrating if that could be returned to as it always was .xml that would be fantastic

They need exact examples though. What's quicker in an .xml rather than doing it in the GUI, what's not possible in the GUI that is in the .xml's etc? Otherwise we just get into a circle of "it's broken", "what's broken?", "it's just broken, fix it" which does nobody any good.

Raise them in the bugs forum or wishlist please.

They need exact examples though. What's quicker in an .xml rather than doing it in the GUI, what's not possible in the GUI that is in the .xml's etc? Otherwise we just get into a circle of "it's broken", "what's broken?", "it's just broken, fix it" which does nobody any good.

Raise them in the bugs forum or wishlist please.

to answer you they have been raised in the bugs forum, editing the xml file is better than the editor as the editor isn't saving changes to files so is in effect unstable/broken/unusable this isn't effecting everyone but is for many, you cannot use it to edit when it doesn't save the changes, when you have spent several hours on a project to find the changes do not save/ or you open a previously saved file to find you cannot add to it or changes are missing is pointless, so the biggest thing editing directly to a .xml file is it works, not being facetious here just stating the facts, and now SI have removed that option....therefore we are unable to edit and therefore unable to play the game we purchased the product to include the editor without it I for one wouldn't have bought it

Right, I'm calling time on this discussion in this thread, please revert to the Editors Hideway for anything further on this subject.

Obviously I can't make any promises on response to issues raised there but it is the place for it and this isn't.

Thanks muchly.

we have posted here as Lucas stated in a reply that feedback should go in the feedback thread I have just provided feedback on what is wrong with the editor/ and things like a guide is required surely that is acceptable, and then just answered questions that have been raised in a civil way

cheers

It seems that player interaction is still a bit too opaque with FM15. It's great and all to have "realistic player interaction", but not so when people have no warning that any issues are brewing and no negotiation with the players. If a player asks for more first team football and you suggest more cup and bench appearances, the response shouldn't be "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!", but rather, at least in most cases, some kind of negotiation on that. i.e. "I don't think that's be enough, would you be able to give me a run of 2 or so games?". At the moment the game is far too adversarial in terms of player interaction, which I think may be the case of the displeasure it causes for many players.

So wait, the editors are told to move the discussion here, then told to move it back out of here?

What exactly is this feedback thread for exactly?

Thanks muchly.

To be fair Kriss, a dev told them to raise it here.

It seems that player interaction is still a bit too opaque with FM15. It's great and all to have "realistic player interaction", but not so when people have no warning that any issues are brewing and no negotiation with the players. If a player asks for more first team football and you suggest more cup and bench appearances, the response shouldn't be "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!", but rather, at least in most cases, some kind of negotiation on that. i.e. "I don't think that's be enough, would you be able to give me a run of 2 or so games?". At the moment the game is far too adversarial in terms of player interaction, which I think may be the case of the displeasure it causes for many players.

I agree. I often get the "I can make life very uncomfortable for you" or whatever they say at which point I immediately demote them to the stiffs to rot as this is a clear threat, all because someone is playing better than them or I sold a two star 17 year old who will never make the bench, never mind the team.

If any action has been taken against a forum user, then it is between them and the Moderation team. The user will have been advised why action was taken, so any uncertainty on their behalf would appear unfounded.

Additional feedback will be provided to them in due course, and so I'm sure that the affected user will be back in contact with his cohorts in due course, so they see fit to do so.

we have posted here as Lucas stated in a reply that feedback should go in the feedback thread I have just provided feedback on what is wrong with the editor/ and things like a guide is required surely that is acceptable, and then just answered questions that have been raised in a civil way

cheers

Yes indeed, Lucas is to blame actually :) but now let's get back to normal which means this thread is for feedback about the game and editor feedback belongs either in the Editors Hideaway or at very least in its own thread in here if it's about procedures etc.

Thanks.

Also the queries and comments in your last post should be directed to the "contact us" button which goes to SI staff, this thread has been hijacked enough.

Have you not even read anything I've said? That's a complete fabrication. Keep this on topic please with constructive comments and feedback. Thanks.

can you explain that "constructive" part? i can give you 1 constructive example where bug is rapported and guy wrote what is wrong-editor doesnt write 1 line. i can add that line manually because i know how to do it- i can add that option to editor because i know how to do it. problem is when average user try to set that and he cant but he doesnt know what is problem. that bug is still here even if this is rapported on 14.1 or 14.2 version. of course its "reviewed" what ever that means

I still haven't been told by krlenjushka what he can't do in the editor that the XML allows him to do. This would be helpful and constructive feedback, not complaints

-i will give you 1 small example. i have some files and i cant verify them because verification is still broken in some scenarios. files are tested in game for several times and for 10-15 seasons without any issues. also files are released and many people played that files without problems. however i need to add verification so only way is to manually add that lines in xml.

-only way to undelete some deleted records is to delete that lines from xml.

only problem here is this: we dont have communication from both sides. if we dont work out this together everybody will loose - SI will loose customers and we will have game with more and more bugs. if you guys are satisfied with this situation- then is ok by me also. i dont wanna be rude or disrespectful but we cant do anything to make things better. you can :thup:

sorry kriss my last post here about this :)

Start another thread, here or in the Editors forum, and I know it's Lucas to blame so I'll give him a slap:D but I don't want to see "Editor" mentioned in this thread again.

can you explain that "constructive" part? i can give you 1 constructive example where bug is rapported and guy wrote what is wrong-editor doesnt write 1 line. i can add that line manually because i know how to do it- i can add that option to editor because i know how to do it. problem is when average user try to set that and he cant but he doesnt know what is problem. that bug is still here even if this is rapported on 14.1 or 14.2 version. of course its "reviewed" what ever that means

-i will give you 1 small example. i have some files and i cant verify them because verification is still broken in some scenarios. files are tested in game for several times and for 10-15 seasons without any issues. also files are released and many people played that files without problems. however i need to add verification so only way is to manually add that lines in xml.

-only way to undelete some deleted records is to delete that lines from xml.

only problem here is this: we dont have communication from both sides. if we dont work out this together everybody will loose - SI will loose customers and we will have game with more and more bugs. if you guys are satisfied with this situation- then is ok by me also. i dont wanna be rude or disrespectful but we cant do anything to make things better. you can :thup:

Thank you for posting some examples, that's what we are looking for here without going off topic and getting into heated debate. Will feed these back.

Start another thread, here or in the Editors forum, and I know it's Lucas to blame so I'll give him a slap:D but I don't want to see "Editor" mentioned in this thread again.

Yes, unfortunately I had just wanted people to post their suggestions for feedback, but unfortunately this led to frustrations were aired instead which wasn't helpful and has lead to this situation. Let's hope the discussion is more positive from now on :)

Just got back and caught up with the threads and all the other goings on behind the scenes and I have to say: What an utter, utter waste. People had a chance to constructively engage TWO devs all afternoon, but insisted in pointless complaints and abuse at them that saw two users get banned. It wasn't everyone and perhaps a shame that those who might have had something useful to say didnt get the chance, but if people want to know why SI don't always post as much as they might then today is a good example of why. Incredibly disappointing :thdn:

i was at work... didnt know about this and about devs... :(

same different time zone, so missed devs ...but doesnt explain why several of my posts have been deleted even though they were feedback and answering questions

good luck krlenjushka SI should get you on board now

It is programmed this way, but in a condition dependent way, probably tied strictly to manager reputation, man management attribute or whatever. The result is that in the current point in time in my save I'm not allowed to sell youth players. Not one of them. Actually, to be more precise, I can sell them but that means losing a random first team player into the bargain because they will complain, not accept any explanation (of which there are none that actually describe the situation in a fully accurate way) and threaten to cause a fuss, which means removing them from the first team and transfer listing.

The problem with the above is that there's no context sensitivity with any of this. It's just a rigid feature which kicks in when you accept a transfer for a youth player (never had it with a senior player, even someone as influential as a club captain), then picks a random first team player to complain about it. If I save before clicking confirm on the player sale and then reload, the complaining player will be someone different. Nothing whatsoever to do with player relationships, the quality or squad status of the youth player or first team experience. It also only recognizes transfers. If I release the very same youth player on a free no one will be bothered.

So basically, I appreciate the idea, but the way this feature is done is simply stupid.

is there a known issue with crash dumps this patch? cos im getting them quite often now. never had an issue with them before

Read the forum headers and open a thread in the Crashes sub forum of the FM 15 Bugs forum for help

I think the regen creation in general is pretty great (and stronger than it's ever been), but seeing one dimensional target men and defensive midfielders with like a 2 for bravery and aggression is a little offputting. There's no one in the original database like that. If you're a player whose only skill is either heading or tackling, you will probably be "brave" as the game defines it.

More curious how something like this can eve happen.

It's impressive none the less, I mean the man got a manager of the year award with only 1 game won.