Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

Just had a player being furious about me not keeping my promise to him, which was offering him a new contract.

I offered him several contracts which he, or his agent, declined every single time.

Why is he upset with me? He had his chance several times and i did keep my promise by offering him a new contract.

No idea if it's working as intended or not but it sure doesn't seem right.

And why can't i say that in my conversation with him?

The alternatives offered aren't anywhere close to what i want to say to him;

like i did offer you a contract several times but you (or your agent) declined every single time.

Or something along those lines.

I think its fair to say despite different variations of the theme and a variety of interpretations of peoples experiences that the bottom line is tactics are are as good as they've been but representation/depiction of players attributes is not.

In terms of variety and improved sensitivity to making changes and actually seeing them feed through on the pitch its fantastic. There is a rich tactical framework there to allow your team to play the way you want them to with more variety in sequences/passages of play than ever before in this years version. Definitely silly tactical set ups should be punished and indeed do but perhaps its overpowered punishment at times but at same time tactical adjustments will help. Certain things could be improved/tweaked there in terms of deep defending perhaps not being as effective in theory as it should at times and high line attacking play being far too effective and doesn't get punished as it should but the latter is finishing nerfed. Broadly speaking though tactics are in a very good place and its tweaks to this rather than anything else required.

The representation of player attributes is what needs most work. Close control/dribbling/agility are all poor and restrictive to some very rich and enjoyable quality play happening. When I look at FM12 and see players dribbling/close control and technical skills they are vastly superior to what you see in current version which I find very disappointing and really holds back from watching match and going...wow...wow wow wow...everything else is more or less in place now but that. In FM12 the differences of playing technical skills were so obvious between eg and anchor man and a trequartista and also higher level leagues Vs lower level leagues.

In current engine it looks amateurish at times watching players turn and try and dribble laterally and at angles...dribbling looks ok going forward but then it seems to be driven/happen through spurts of pace rather than skill itself. Players first touch can be downright appalling to see and passing and guile of players is just not up to scratch compared to the rest of the engine. In terms of productivity stats of dribbles/passes etc yes the numbers are there but how they are represented is simply not good enough. Watch first touch/guile/agility/dribbling technique in FM12 and it light years ahead...watch all of those in current engine and they look poor. If all these in current engine were to level of FM12 then really you'd have to see rewrite has got quite close to its potential. The poor first touch/agility/guile/passing is not simply graphical representation either not being as good as they should be representative of statistical attributes translates to the ball getting turned over more than it should for certain players and also moves break down more than they should where players would have ability to hold onto ball and feed the ball through in tighter spots and use their technique to get out certain situationswhen being pressured etc.

I've seen the feeble and aptly transparent suggestion (lol) that players transparency helped with dribbling in FM12 and of course it did at times but really that's just a red herring as the first touch/agility/dribbling technique was so much better in FM12...period...without having to ghost past players as a last resort. Currently all that is so weak that even if players did ghost through other players now the first touch/agility/dribbling technique would remain poor in itself anyway.

Improvement in this is really the key to taking the engine to another level again and would be great if it could happen for next update.

That is a known issue, if you have a save before the promise end date there is a bug thread that you can add to.

Alright. I'll see what i can dig up :thup:

Lads,

if there is an update after the jan transfer window, will the players have been altered as well so that the in form players in leagues will be playing well? or is it just transfers that get done?

cheers

Hoping the next patch sorts out the defending and reduces the amount of goals. Far too easy to score at the moment and any manager will tell you its the hardest part of football. I also find my defenders get fairly low ratings compared to other players. Still a good game though.

Where the researcher feels it is justified they will change a player's attributes for the updated database.

Will publish 15.2.2 or won't?

Not enjoying this game because I honestly feel it is far too easy. If you play short passing, free flowing football (which a lot of people try to do) then you see to win everything. I started with Man United to get a feel for the new game, and even when playing the likes of McNair, Blackett and Wilson in the side, we're beating Premier League teams like Stoke 6-0 at home. Averaging about 25-35 shots a game and the opposition are having 3 or 4. Just feels like a waste of time.

I got disillusioned with it and have started a new save with Derby in the Championship - first pre season friendly saw us beat Rangers 3-0 with similar shot results. Hope it gets a bit tougher because there's absolutely no enjoyment winning every game without even putting much effort in

Not enjoying this game because I honestly feel it is far too easy. If you play short passing, free flowing football (which a lot of people try to do) then you see to win everything. I started with Man United to get a feel for the new game, and even when playing the likes of McNair, Blackett and Wilson in the side, we're beating Premier League teams like Stoke 6-0 at home. Averaging about 25-35 shots a game and the opposition are having 3 or 4. Just feels like a waste of time.

I got disillusioned with it and have started a new save with Derby in the Championship - first pre season friendly saw us beat Rangers 3-0 with similar shot results. Hope it gets a bit tougher because there's absolutely no enjoyment winning every game without even putting much effort in

Why don't you start in non-league or a different country where you don't have knowledge of the players and league system?

I agree FM15 feels easier than previous iterations but you've just played with Man United, and then picked probably the strongest team in the Championship.

I see there's still no fix for the fact that attacking tactics are ridiculously overpowered, leading to a billion created chances per game and having the average game contain 6 goals.

Yea, I could choose a different tactic. But where's the realism in that? I picked the tactic I saw fit for the team, unfortunately it seems a little "too fit".

So, should I set up a more defensive tactic to get poorer results for my team on purpose or do I wait until a patch that balances it?

I have results like 7-4, 6-5, even 8-4 in Spain very often. :D It's maybe a bug, but I like it. Prefer a 6-5 game much more than 2-0. So, please don't reduce the goals with the next update.

I have results like 7-4, 6-5, even 8-4 in Spain very often. :D It's maybe a bug, but I like it. Prefer a 6-5 game much more than 2-0. So, please don't reduce the goals with the next update.

Most of us are into realism. So yes, please do something to tweak attacking tactics as it's too easy and makes for ridiculous scorelines in user matches.

and change the name to Ice Hockey Manager ;), but not even that sport has those scores all the time.

Still no new patch after a few weeks?

With the exception of the minor problem with the save time, there is no need for a new patch.

I agree there is no urgence for a new patch. Considering all the issues involving player interactions, AI team building and its tendency to underrate minor clubs till they win the league, though, this game has been till now a step behind in the series, and it'd mean a lot if SI could reverse the trend before FM16

I agree there is no urgence for a new patch. Considering all the issues involving player interactions, AI team building and its tendency to underrate minor clubs till they win the league, though, this game has been till now a step behind in the series, and it'd mean a lot if SI could reverse the trend before FM16

Or it might that they are still busy working on it.

Or it might that they are still busy working on it.

I'm sure they're working on something, but after Miles's suggestion to take a harder challenge, I'm not sure they consider things like Crystal Palace winning the title in season 1, or Bradford the EC in season 2, issues. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm not sure they consider things like Crystal Palace winning the title in season 1, or Bradford the EC in season 2, issues. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Are these AI teams?

With the exception of the minor problem with the save time, there is no need for a new patch.

Depends how much you're into tactics. If you're the sort of player who is happy to stick with a 4-2-3-1, high line and high pressing and win game after game after creating dozens of chances per match then the tactics are great. If you are someone who likes to experiment with different playing styles and tactics then the game is not so great.

Most of us are into realism. So yes, please do something to tweak attacking tactics as it's too easy and makes for ridiculous scorelines in user matches.

Yep. The game at present is broken. But I'm not expecting it to be fixed. They'll try and paper over a few of the cracks in the next patch or two and then abandon it due to FM16 development where no doubt they'll introduce a load new features that means the game is flawed and the cycle continues etc. Would be nice if they actually just worked on the same game for a couple of years, charged for data updates and actually made it perfect. I've often thought in this day and age they should do a MMORG style and charge a monthly fee to pay the game and continually update the same game and only change the game engine every few years.

Are these AI teams?

Of course not. it can be achieved by human managers with not much effort, though, as shown by many posters on the forum. I think this should be achievable, but with incredibly good management, not just because the AI underrates clubs with minor reputation.

Why don't you start in non-league or a different country where you don't have knowledge of the players and league system?

I agree FM15 feels easier than previous iterations but you've just played with Man United, and then picked probably the strongest team in the Championship.

Fair point, but that's not really a solution to the problems the game has. You should be able to play with whatever team you want and still have a suitable challenge!

See this a fair bit, sold my top talent Joe Gomez to Arsenal, who were finishing around the Europa League spots, for £30m, he was their big Summer signing, they immediately loaned him out and rarely played him since:

kf605c.png

Depends how much you're into tactics. If you're the sort of player who is happy to stick with a 4-2-3-1, high line and high pressing and win game after game after creating dozens of chances per match then the tactics are great. If you are someone who likes to experiment with different playing styles and tactics then the game is not so great.

Disagree with this. As someone who plays with lots of tactical variations, the fidelity here is exceptionally strong.

Disagree with this. As someone who plays with lots of tactical variations, the fidelity here is exceptionally strong.

will you release 15.2.2 or won't?

Shame that exchange didn't go all Michael Howard vs Jeremy Paxman.

Wasn't quite the same, was it? :D

Wasn't quite the same, was it? :D

Missed opportunity there, sorry guys :D

Missed opportunity there, sorry guys :D

If we tot up the number of times the "When's the next update coming?" question has been asked, it might be comparable :)

For me Fm2015 has been my least favourite in the whole series so far, I cant put my finger on why exactly it feels like a lot of small things, the whole experience seems like a step backwards and although I only paid £17 for it I still feel I overpaid...did they hire new people to make this years edition or something?

Of course not.

Well yeah I knew they were human controlled, what about all the players that are not finding it easy though? I don't really know what SI can do , obviously they need to strike a balance for both.

I've taken quite a break from FM15. A month+. I don't really remember. Anyway, is everyone still getting pretty long save times?

Has anyone got any info on a patch, I think someone said it earlier and Im the same I can't believe they have just left the me as it is? The goalies are poor and defending is rubbish esp marking, defender dont seem to know how to do it !! A lot of players are saying the same thing, it's not a good philosphy to ignore your customers

Mate,

have you seen the zombies this season???

Derby would take about 6 off them irl.

:D

I think its fair to say despite different variations of the theme and a variety of interpretations of peoples experiences that the bottom line is tactics are are as good as they've been but representation/depiction of players attributes is not.

In terms of variety and improved sensitivity to making changes and actually seeing them feed through on the pitch its fantastic. There is a rich tactical framework there to allow your team to play the way you want them to with more variety in sequences/passages of play than ever before in this years version. Definitely silly tactical set ups should be punished and indeed do but perhaps its overpowered punishment at times but at same time tactical adjustments will help. Certain things could be improved/tweaked there in terms of deep defending perhaps not being as effective in theory as it should at times and high line attacking play being far too effective and doesn't get punished as it should but the latter is finishing nerfed. Broadly speaking though tactics are in a very good place and its tweaks to this rather than anything else required.

not sure if the above statement is entirely true. it's not just the techical attributes or as you say dribling/first touch/ techinique that need improvement. these are just easier to spot. I think all attributes need to be more representative in the ME. it seems that different Roles are the thing that make the difference in different player styles. what about mental attributes is there enough difference between players like Gattuso and Pirlo. play them in same role and there won't be enough of difference. I really don't see much of the difference between players with 20 in aggresion and bravery and 6. yes assistant says that the last player isn't suited to press that much or something in those lines but the real difference on the pitch isn't there. even some phisical attributes seem to be much more irrelevant now like Pace which wasn't a problem per se in previous FMs.

I agree that the current ME is an improvement and good starting point. indeed it can simulate real life football quite well. but only for human managers, I don't think the AI is quite there yet. but for a game like this that is really important. the tactical system now coupled and linked with training (as it should be) and there's every year something new, it's quite obvious that it's too much for the AI to cope with. that's surely the main reason why many of the experienced FM players find it really easy. simply said we've been given new tools which the AI doesn't seem to know how to use properly. for example does it know that simple TIs which will be used during different match situations need to be trained now to use them at their full stregth in the match. does it know how to utilize player roles. for example not to put a player on winger role if he's on the opposite side of his stronger foot. there are many more examples like this. the improvement of the AI is something people on these forums should demand the most maybe. the AI needs to be on the same playing field as human managers. with every new FM this difference seems to be bigger because of new tools being given to us which further complicate the situation for the AI.

the improvement of the AI could be achieved if the current tactical schemes were put together into programs following real life tactical aproaches which would greatly simplify things for the AI. also this way the current strategy system (which is basicly gradual moving of all sliders to the right) would much more resamble real life tactics.

Yep. The game at present is broken. But I'm not expecting it to be fixed. They'll try and paper over a few of the cracks in the next patch or two and then abandon it due to FM16 development where no doubt they'll introduce a load new features that means the game is flawed and the cycle continues etc. Would be nice if they actually just worked on the same game for a couple of years, charged for data updates and actually made it perfect. I've often thought in this day and age they should do a MMORG style and charge a monthly fee to pay the game and continually update the same game and only change the game engine every few years.

probably the best solution. unfortunatly doesn't seem to happen.

being a longterm fan of the series (since the beginning), never had any rants about updates, patches etc... Now it has come this far i'm abandoning it, and aint planning on coming back to it. The game keeps crashdumping. i followed all steps in the bug forum, still the same.

it hasnt to do anything with my computer, as it didnt crashdump with the patch before this one. its with this new one.

ah well, time to start a new chapter in life, one without FM.

If you are experiencing frequent crashes then please post about your problems in technical issues section, the team might not be able to get your game running on the current version but if you provide a copy of your save they can look to fix whatever is causing the crash for a future update.

What are we looking at there? :confused:

The fact that the side with ~70% Shots On Target, half of which were CCCs, won a game?

The fact that Espanyol kept taking shots from long distance and didn't win? The same side as had 33% of shots on target?

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

No we're watching the same ******** in every save I play. Same thing happened with my WBA save where I was 2nd the whole time and then suddenly in last 9 games i went 1-4-4 and finished 6th.

And when you're mentioning CCC's why did I lose a game where I had 12 ccc's and 20 shots on target against a team that had 2 shots and 1 ccc.l

Firstly, Please don't post anymore pics of my wife.:(

I have had many of them type of matches, at least you had a good run before that shocker.

Is it my PC or is FM15 very very slow compared to preview versions ?

I mean even changing a screen takes some time, each 'click' to change screen takes time... very annoying

I have a very high-end PC with SSD Core i7 and 8gb RAM so I really don't understand why it is so slow...

Is this a generally known fact ??

RvN#17. After all, you're third in La Liga behind two of the richest clubs in the world in the first season. You have every reason to feel aggrieved.

Is it my PC or is FM15 very very slow compared to preview versions ?

I mean even changing a screen takes some time, each 'click' to change screen takes time... very annoying

I have a very high-end PC with SSD Core i7 and 8gb RAM so I really don't understand why it is so slow...

Is this a generally known fact ??

what skin are you using?

RvN#17. After all, you're third in La Liga behind two of the richest clubs in the world in the first season. You have every reason to feel aggrieved.

My problem isn't being third, I know i cant touch Barca and Real but there is no reason for this to happen to me every save.

Like I had 5 losses the whole season, and then in the last 5 games I lose 4 and draw 1 against teams I've previously dominated (except Barca and Real).

1.jpg