Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEY Just windering if there is a known issue with Champions League Final being played and South American Internationals occuring at thye same time meaning both my team and Barcelona have KEY PLAYERS missing for arguably the most important match in football, with the exception of the world cup final.

So for this final I have 8 players away on int duty (as well as 3 ineligble) and Barcelona have six players away on int duty with (with 3 players ineligble).

Anyway as crazy as this match is going to be was just wondering if you need me to post the save game and report it in the bugs forum or is this already a known issue

Thanx

Yes I have just had the same issue. Me as Liverpool v Barcelona in the champions league final, the fixture date was 02/06 (year 2017). Messi and Neymar were both off on the south American championship thing, ok I had Coutinho and Lucas there as well but still felt a little odd, I did win it 3-2 but still feel a little of the shine was gone from the game.

Are you continuing on from a save game created in the pre-release beta?

This should be fixed in new games from release onwards.

No, the match graphics and how the game looks has never been one of FM's selling points. Even today, a fair whack of the game still looks like a spreadsheet, and it's why it's an easy (but lazy and wildly inaccurate) accusation when people say that the look is all that changes from one version to the next. Hell, some of those very same Facebook games will undoubtedly have better graphics than FM. But what FM does far and away better than anyone else is what's under the hood. It's the "everything else"- including the ME itself. Its reputation and standing comes not at all from how the game looks, but how it works, and the sheer depth of it
Because people have different styles of play and different views of what is important. People have different performance levels on their PC's. Loads of different reasons. Your attitude towards anyone who doesn't do what you do is pretty sucky. I suspect you vote UKIP. If you're old enough to vote.
Really? You're really going after this? 2D does work better for viewing team shape, and some people don't particularly care about the 3D view. It's hardly a wonder of technical achievement graphics-wise, so no-ones really missing anything.

So because someone says graphics aren't important, they may as well go and play a Facebook game? I had a sore foot after football yesterday, but I didn't respond by chopping it off. Graphics in FM are an add-on. If you took them away, the vast majority of the game would still be there. Plus, I take issue with the "you can actually see your players playing the game". No, you see the players playing an approximation of the events the meat of the game (the ME by the way, not the graphics) have generated. It's not quite there yet. Believe it or not - and clearly you don't - there are people who play the game differently to you, and, gasp, enjoy it.

Nothing like a massively elitist post ridiculing people for how they choose to play the game, is there?

That is all very nice and true, but for realism's sake, you'd need a proper 3D match experience, not dots seen from bird's eye view. Graphics during the match, in this case, add to the realism, so yes, a realistic 3D is something SI Games should be striving for. That said, anyone is free to play their game any way they want :)

Surely the graphics are an important part of the experience, in that case why not just play the many silly little games on FB etc, where all you do is pick your teams and watch a highlights bar telling you if you win, lose or draw. The game has been advanced to a level where you can actually see your players playing the game, not dots moving around a green screen, each to their own I suppose.

I'm sorry I don't play the game like you. My apologies. I must go return my copy and get my money back at once.

when i click opposition formations from the screen i can see their individual player roles of the AI. is this a new feature? it just doesn't seem right.

KeMBlNQ.jpg

Are you using a custom skin? If yes, that could be the reason. I think they included some mod inside.

That is all very nice and true, but for realism's sake, you'd need a proper 3D match experience, not dots seen from bird's eye view. Graphics during the match, in this case, add to the realism, so yes, a realistic 3D is something SI Games should be striving for. That said, anyone is free to play their game any way they want :)

The realism is trotted out when it suits and withdrawn when it suits - by both sides I may add. They'll always strive to make the best possible visual representation that they can, but it's never going to be "realistic", at least not relative to other games. I imagine it's just not up there in terms of importance. Nor should it. You can have a "photo-realistic" game, that's great, but if what's behind it is utter dog-toss, then that would be a big disappointment (Hiya FIFA, hiya pal!). For me, realism is nothing to do with how the match is viewed. You could counter by saying that if you really want to be realistic, then you can only view the game from where the manager is standing, not using a director cam, or rail cam, or whatever.

I didn't mean to get peoples backs up with my 2D or 3D comments, you can all play the game whatever way you wish, I've been playing this game for many years and I'm delighted they've added 3D graphics to the game, which in my opinion makes it a tad more realistic. I still go in depth with the game looking at stats etc to help with the game play but for me with the cost of the game, I prefer 3D to give me the full experience. In FM12 I had to change to 2D due to my laptop spec and age, it struggled with the game the further into it I went, so I appreciate where some peeps come from, soz if you took exception to my post, was not intended that way.

I found a new way to get a funny and realistic second season with Shakhtar from Ukraine after winning the Uefa Champions League in the first one. i'm playing intentionally with wrong roles and duties in my formation, this is the only way to get a realistic season and improve game difficulty and not winning almost all matches! Are SI thinking to increase difficulty in the next patch? thanks

I found a new way to get a funny and realistic second season with Shakhtar from Ukraine after winning the Uefa Champions League in the first one. i'm playing intentionally with wrong roles and duties in my formation, this is the only way to get a realistic season and improve game difficulty and not winning almost all matches! Are SI thinking to increase difficulty in the next patch? thanks
That's exactly what i am doing right now.. Playing defensively with most players on defend and still having 25+ shots at goal. but at least i am scoring only 3 goals tops...

Go take over the worst team in the lowest league you have active in your save. Bonus points if it's financially crippled. If you then stroll to successive promotions, and the Champions League in as many seasons, then SI might look at "difficulty".

Maybe you're just very good at the game, maybe you're (unwittingly) exploiting holes in the ME, maybe your save has produced mutant regens that's making it easier...who knows. In the end, it's easier than FM14, but not everyone is finding it as easy as you seem to be. And given there is no difficulty level, it's unlikely to be anything that SI are going to pursue in terms of "increasing it".

That's my impression of the game too...way too easy. When its not a challenge anymore..theres just no point in playing the game. A lot of people are saying its the AI that isn't good enough in FM 2015. Ive read plenty of people say that when you play 4-2-3-1 tha AI has no answer at all to it. Its a shame because I feel the match engine is quite good. I found FM 2014 a lot harder..which is the reason I kept playing. I hope SI can do something to stop the game being so easy in the next patch. By the way this isn't me bragging what a fantastic manager I am because Im not...im probably average if that!! lol

Has anyone ever seen players give the ball back after the other team sportingly put it out of play because of an injury? The game is amazing in its portrayal of sportsmanship, many times I am left confused as to why they suddenly hoof it into the stands, it's almost as if they all have headsets and when someone goes down they receive instructions to immediately put the ball out. My concern however is the fact that the other team then takes the throw-in as normal, thus the sporting team has lost the advantage and possession. Personally I have never EVER seen the ball being given back so now I am wondering if that mechanic is even in the game?

I am an average manager lol , a friend of mine is better than me and won premier league in the first season with Crystal Palace with only 2 losses and more than 100 goals in 38 matches, his next objective is try to win World Cup with San Marino lool. i probably can't do this because i'm not good enough but i can win champions league with Shakhtar and Benfica in different saves in the first season! i believe it's possible to win after 4/5 seasons, not in the first one...i know this is a game but it should simulate real life! i rarely make small changes, 99% of time is plug and play. FM 14 is a much more challenging experience!! the unique thing i like in FM15 is ME, which is very good!!

Has anyone ever seen players give the ball back after the other team sportingly put it out of play because of an injury? The game is amazing in its portrayal of sportsmanship, many times I am left confused as to why they suddenly hoof it into the stands, it's almost as if they all have headsets and when someone goes down they receive instructions to immediately put the ball out. My concern however is the fact that the other team then takes the throw-in as normal, thus the sporting team has lost the advantage and possession. Personally I have never EVER seen the ball being given back so now I am wondering if that mechanic is even in the game?

I never seen it but i do not watch the entire match, and in highlights mode i never seen the throw-in after the ball out... Do you watch the entire matchs ?

I never seen it but i do not watch the entire match, and in highlights mode i never seen the throw-in after the ball out... Do you watch the entire matchs ?

Mostly comprehensive, but I am certain I was watching the same highlight, and that it did not "Jump" to the next highlight when taking the throw in. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people mention this, it must be very annoying to lose possession like that.

I didn't mean to get peoples backs up with my 2D or 3D comments, you can all play the game whatever way you wish, I've been playing this game for many years and I'm delighted they've added 3D graphics to the game, which in my opinion makes it a tad more realistic. I still go in depth with the game looking at stats etc to help with the game play but for me with the cost of the game, I prefer 3D to give me the full experience. In FM12 I had to change to 2D due to my laptop spec and age, it struggled with the game the further into it I went, so I appreciate where some peeps come from, soz if you took exception to my post, was not intended that way.

There are plenty of viewing options to choose from so people will play the game the way it suits them. I'm with you though as I prefer to play with the 3D graphics. I can manage my team just as good in 3D as I can in 2D so I don't feel the need to ever go back to 2D. There's still lots of work to be done on the 3D side of the game though. The animations are a lot better in FM2015 but not perfect and the pitches and players are far too dark on dull overcast winter days even with the floodlights on.

I wish SI would allow us to create graphics enhancements for the stadiums and backdrop scenery and not just for the interface. Just imagine what the stadiums could look like if we were able to make graphics improvements for them. Some parts of the stadiums look terrible especially at the smaller grounds where there are no corner stands and only a 2D brick wall with the same old burger vans at every ground. The Minecraft-like backdrop scenery also looks awful and way out of perspective at times.

Enough with the nonsense.

What needs to be adressed is the difficulty. Or rather, lack thereof.

People are winning the Champions League with Steaua in the first season, obliterating the premier league with Crystal Palace in the 1st season and scoring on the plus side of 100 goals every season.

My games have so many highlights that I simply opted to only view goals to cut down the time.

It kills immersion. No matter what anybody says it should never be possible to take a team that's bottom tier in the EPL to a win the first season and winning the Champions League the consequent year.

It's always been the issue with FM, 98% of players can take their team from the lower leagues and win the champions league in a completely unrealistic time-frame of a few years. This year it's just even worse.

If it's simply a result of making it easier for casuals, as to not have them lose faith very early on because of poor results..then I understand it from a business perspective. But at least give us difficulty sliders then.

If people weren't so flabbergasted and delighted just because they are winning, we would've had more people picking up on this and had it fixed earlier. But people are happy as long as they are winning all the time, despite slotting an unbelievable amount of goals and obliterating all teams 5-0 away from home. I for one play this game as an attempt at simulating real life football and implementing my own ideas, unfortunately my "ideas" seem a little too effective. And I don't work any fancy tactic set-ups whatsoever, just the apparently world beating 4-2-3-1 formation.

Another thing is the scouting of youth players and acquiring them...way too easy just like in all the other versions, but that issue can be saved for another day I guess.

I am awaiting a new patch, despite being really enjoying the game!

I think the transfer market would have to be more perfect, free agents are hired very easily by human players, I think the IA had to be smarter offering best proposals to compete with ours.

I see many people saying that the game is easy, I think in smaller clubs could be created difficulties for the human player has more challenges (players not accepting contratatos easily, press being more rigorous and judges benefiting the biggest teams, I totally realistic this).

Another point that await improvements and with regard to injury, I think deviriam be decreased as more players interact with the coaching staff, the game much fun going on this news over a save.

I hope that the ME has significant improvements in dribbling, movements of the players and especially submissions and defenses of the goalkeepers. The game is very good and I believe that after the next patch has everything to be the best FM whole story!

People are winning the Champions League with Steaua in the first season, obliterating the premier league with Crystal Palace in the 1st season and scoring on the plus side of 100 goals every season.

My games have so many highlights that I simply opted to only view goals to cut down the time.

It kills immersion. No matter what anybody says it should never be possible to take a team that's bottom tier in the EPL to a win the first season and winning the Champions League the consequent year.

It's always been the issue with FM, 98% of players can take their team from the lower leagues and win the champions league in a completely unrealistic time-frame of a few years. This year it's just even worse.

If it's simply a result of making it easier for casuals, as to not have them lose faith very early on because of poor results..then I understand it from a business perspective. But at least give us difficulty sliders then.

If people weren't so flabbergasted and delighted just because they are winning, we would've had more people picking up on this and had it fixed earlier. But people are happy as long as they are winning all the time, despite slotting an unbelievable amount of goals and obliterating all teams 5-0 away from home. I for one play this game as an attempt at simulating real life football and implementing my own ideas, unfortunately my "ideas" seem a little too effective. And I don't work any fancy tactic set-ups whatsoever, just the apparently world beating 4-2-3-1 formation.

Another thing is the scouting of youth players and acquiring them...way too easy just like in all the other versions, but that issue can be saved for another day I guess.

I think you've summed up what quite a few people are thinking about FM 2015. Im wondering if SI have stopped catering for the more experienced players..thats why so many people are finding it so easy. I remember last year people were complaining it was too difficult which it wasn't. This year is the opposite..nobody seems to be moaning its too hard. Like you say it seems like everybodys delighted that theyre winning!!

I agree completely with you Confused, i tried all but it seems too easy, i am playing with minimum manager attributes but it changes nothing about my results. I can accept to beat Barcelona with Benfica soaking the pressure and winning 1-0 or 2-1 in counter attack with some fast transitions with much lucky and happening 1/10 of times, but what normally happens is to beat top european teams 4-0, 5-1, 7-1, 3-0 with 20/30 shots against 4/5 shots and dominating possession around 60%. Maybe Real Madrid is the unique team i have difficulties to beat sometimes but they have a fantastic squad and i am playing with an average/good european club!

I agree completely with you Confused, i tried all but it seems too easy, i am playing with minimum manager attributes but it changes nothing about my results. I can accept to beat Barcelona with Benfica soaking the pressure and winning 1-0 or 2-1 in counter attack with some fast transitions with much lucky and happening 1/10 of times, but what normally happens is to beat top european teams 4-0, 5-1, 7-1, 3-0 with 20/30 shots against 4/5 shots and dominating possession around 60%. Maybe Real Madrid is the unique team i have difficulties to beat sometimes but they have a fantastic squad and i am playing with an average/good european club!

You seem all to be very good manager and tactician ! The game is not too easy as simply as you seem to believe... but maybe you found some tactical weakness in the game or some player attribute wich do some player become super player... in this case the best way to avoid this to happen again is to log it in the bug forum with pkm or save games to allow SI to build a game as you wish ;)

Nothing wrong u say :D This happens way to often and btw I don't know if you have noticed it but Vallejo shoots the ball in own goal. "Nothing wrong with that" Hahahaha

Apologies, on first view, I thought the striker had got there first. Still not that much wrong, I've seen worse OG's than that in real life. Vergini v Southampton?

SI don't need to address the difficulty because at the same time there are loads of people who keep getting poor results and sacked on occasion, despite actively participating in tactics and training thread.

The difficulty is just fine. FM 12 was too easy, but this is balanced enough.

SI don't need to address the difficulty because at the same time there are loads of people who keep getting poor results and sacked on occasion, despite actively participating in tactics and training thread.

The difficulty is just fine. FM 12 was too easy, but this is balanced enough.

Compared to FM 14 it's a walk in the park. I am just installing FM 14 to have a good enough challenge in the premier league.

please help me here, this is driving me insane. As Chelsea, my U21 manager was only picking u21 players ( only like 4/5 in the squad ) and filling out the rest of the squad with regens instead of u18 players. I then move the better players into the u21 squad and make them available for under 18 games, which then makes them not available for u21 games, also it seems that none of my players are available for european youth league games? What is going on?!!!

Of course SI need to improve difficulty. the objetive of this is to get the game more realistic, remember this is a simulation of football. the majority of people that can't have good results it's because don't know the principles and basics about tactics and football. they have loads of posts to read and learn here in this forum about how to build a solid tactic.

i played now the SuperCup trophy in the first season with Benfica to try a new tactic and won 9-0!! At minute 11 was 3-0 and half-time 6-0. It's not a normal and realistic score...

I've read several threads about there being too many goals and unrealistic scorelines. I even 'gave up' this afternoon after a five four defeat in the Northern Irish Stee and Sons Cup. But, I'm now thinking maybe I was too hasty. There have been no nil nil draws in NI Div 1 this season and only one in Div 2. There have been several eight goal games. In Steel and Sons Cup there have been two occasions when one team's notched eleven and one of the semi finals finished six one. So, maybe more realistic than I thought!

Never EVER call me English again.

I'm sure he meant no offence. But that facts are you come across as totally English. Your unremitting state of depression (as evidenced by 100% of your posts), your demonstrated lack of understanding of the English language, and your completely unjustified impression that people care about your opinion point squarely at you being English. If you are not English then I feel deeply, truly, sincerely sorry for you.

I'm sure he meant no offence. But that facts are you come across as totally English. Your unremitting state of depression (as evidenced by 100% of your posts), your demonstrated lack of understanding of the English language, and your completely unjustified impression that people care about your opinion point squarely at you being English. If you are not English then I feel deeply, truly, sincerely sorry for you.

Still, it's good to know you're not bothered about it or anything.

It happens with some frequency goalkeeper defend and go sliding to the bottom line giving corner to the other team, as well as the goalkeeper a free kick and the ball goes straight to the opponent in midfield kicking and makes "the goal that the pelé did not. "

Does the patch comes out tomorrow Christmas present? :D

If he's French he'll understand "touche" :D

It happens with some frequency goalkeeper defend and go sliding to the bottom line giving corner to the other team, as well as the goalkeeper a free kick and the ball goes straight to the opponent in midfield kicking and makes "the goal that the pelé did not. "

Does the patch comes out tomorrow Christmas present? :D

Bah humbug! :mad:

Game is not easy lol, but yeah there is no way really anybody should be winning leagues with low tier premier league clubs and then the champions league shorty after. However if you play the game by only signing recommended players and 'regens' then it becomes significantly easier, if you actually sign players that the clubs irl would sign then maybe the game would be more difficult. I never understand people's fascination with youths and regens in the game, I get bored after about 4 years when the clubs start to bear no resemblance to the real thing.

current engine has not good enough, poor decision on finishing, always blocked . Poor finishing , too many goals staright to the keeper. And Wing backs are not surging going forward anymore, big difference in movement compare to last engine . compelte wing backs are not as being involved in attacks as last engine, this is very frustrating.

current engine has not good enough, poor decision on finishing, always blocked . Poor finishing , too many goals staright to the keeper. And Wing backs are not surging going forward anymore, big difference in movement compare to last engine . compelte wing backs are not as being involved in attacks as last engine, this is very frustrating.

Very fair point this. Noticed it massively. Any full back, wing back, seems to play the same and doesn't get forward as much. I have had forwards holding onto it and the wing backs just hang back, even if you use overlap. Very frustrating. My biggest bugbear actually is that many roles and duties seem to play the same and yet it wasn't the case IMO in an earlier patch.

In 15 the first patch roles and duties stood out as did a broad variety in play, goals, moves etc. Yes there are were problems but bar some poor defending and goalkeeping generally I thought the ME was ok. I didn't see too many goals from crosses for instance. I was scoring a few lovely goals from them and conceding a few but not a great deal. The variety of goals was good as well and some lovely long raking passes were being played.

Now I see a very one dimensional ME in many ways with more crossing and shooting opportunities it seems but less conversion rates. The heat map is now overloaded with crossing and shooting but deeper crosses and far more shots from outside the area and as I say roles and duties don't seem as clear-cut in their difference and yet I am still getting some pretty abysmal defending and goalkeeping errors,.

It's the thing that I have noticed in recent FM's, as the "bugs" get ironed out the ME seems to get more one dimensional and the variety stops.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I know that the saving issue has raised it's head again in 15.2.1, but I just thought that i'd mention that I've watched the save file getting built in windows explorer and it seems to tick along quite nicely until it hits about 50Mb, at this point it hangs for ages and then ticks along until completion.

Never EVER call me English again.

Unwitting In the Loop reference Dave? Surely not rattled are you? :p

In every single edition there has been a way to pretty much sweep all aside. The vast majority either didn't find this way, or didn't want to use it. There is no difference here. If everyone was obliterating everything in front of them all of the time, then we have a problem, but you have just as many people disagreeing that it's too easy as saying that it is. They're never going to add tedious, arcadey difficulty sliders, as that would go completely against the ethos of the game and probably push it more towards the "casual gamers" you seem to hate so much.

Personally, if I was finding the game oh so easy, I'd go for the biggest challenge I could, rather than deliberately using the "world-beating 4-2-3-1" or move down the leagues. There's plenty of ways to make things more challenging.

Archived