Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

So, address it then. Because the issue is yours.

If the AI controlled teams are being more productive in front of goal, then you can do that too. They can't do anything you can't, so instead of ranting and raving to SI to 'fix it', have a think on how you can improve your own team's efficiency.

I do not agree....

But, as you look like a tactical genius ,you'll definitely find a solution.

Please upload your best tactic.

So i can fix the issue and improve my "team's efficiency".

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is gamebreaking for some

Well I canæt say I have read that. But maybe it is, each to their own, guess they will have to wait a little longer before they can load the game again. Shame, I will continue to play and create my own "gamebreaking" moments when I put my fist through my screen from losing in the Champions League semis for the third season in a ROW!!!!

You are massively missing the point.

1) It's called NEGOTIATING. You offer a number, they say give us x, you counter, they counter and so on and so forth.

2) What a player is sold for is relative to his value to the selling club. Clubs that really don't want to sell will put a high price on to scare suitors off

3) Buying a player in FM is more than just about making a bid and then handing him over. You can unsettle the player by 'declaring interest' If your actions make the player want to leave you have an increased chance of getting a better player.

4) And finally, you CANNOT compare RL deals such as the Reus deal, first because that was a release clause in his contract and most importantly because the minute you press continue on your first day the game ceases to be RL and veers into a game.

I am not saying that AI clubs should accept whatever i offer i`m just saying that the amount they are asking for is very unrealistic and i can understand that there are certain clubs that can afford to ask a little fortune for hot prospects but negotiating at ~10M for an average young player seems a bit too much considering his current club financial status.

I am not saying that AI clubs should accept whatever i offer i`m just saying that the amount they are asking for is very unrealistic and i can understand that there are certain clubs that can afford to ask a little fortune for hot prospects but negotiating at ~10M for an average young player seems a bit too much considering his current club financial status.

Before you make a bid make an enquiry, if the player isn't for sale at any price you'll be told so, if you're not that's the time to decide your strategy for getting him at the lowest price you can.

Straight bidding won't get you a good deal you need to use every trick available.

I do not agree....

Try Zero Seas Tactic (Tactic Thread). Try it for a little and you may change your outlook. I have tweaked it myself, but it should still work once fluid (the original).

No. It affects 3rd party add ons. Which makes people's sense of entitlement over it even more ludicrous.

Well that is wrong because it affects all 3D Kits not just third party add ons! And if you give some importance to graphics like i do and enjoy, you would see there are more problems with graphics after the last patch pitch condition display is also affected.

Worse than people complaining constantly like little kids about things that are already having attention from SI, are the "non-mod forum sheriffs" trying to give smart lessons without having any information themselves about the problems people are complaining about!

I do not agree....

Uploading my tactic is pointless, as it may be completely unsuitable for your players. Besides, I have three tactics that I tweak depending on opposition, and further tweak depending on what happens in-game.

Watch the matches that you're losing again, study the match analysis tools, re-evaluate which players aren't performing in the big games, and don't be afraid to drop them.

If you can be bothered that is, sounds more like you just want an 'instant win' button.

One bit of interaction tweaking that should happen is conversations with players going out on loan, specifically players who need work permits. Ain't no point in you staying with my team if you can't play, Mr. Zapata. Dunno if it can be added, but it'd be nice to have the option to tell a player he's going out on loan because he's not qualified for a work permit.

What you are saying is not happening with every average young player though. It happens with the ones that the AI club does not want to sell, and if that's the case, what is more logical than them demanding unrealistic amount of money? You would do the same. I (willingly) sell my hot prospects only if the offer is too good to turn down and if the club could use some money. But sometimes the player just wants to leave, in which case I get what I can and move on. There is nothing to question here, really. Just try to enjoy the challenge, and unsettle the player with the tools provided in the game.

Ok

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Read the tactics forum but 1st read all the sticky posts at the beginning to understand what a tactic is, the combinations of players etc, then go and try a few tactics till you get one that works, remembering that after some updates you'll need to tweak the tactics a lttle to keep it working.

If you're just going to rely on a downloaded tactic, you'll never figure out where you're going wrong. But it's your game, so good luck.

On the other hand, sometimes one learns more starting from a tactic that has a solid base and then tweaking it from there. I know I have.

Well that is wrong because it affects all 3D Kits not just third party add ons! And if you give some importance to graphics like i do and enjoy, you would see there are more problems with graphics after the last patch pitch condition display is also affected.

Worse than people complaining constantly like little kids about things that are already having attention from SI, are the "non-mod forum sheriffs" trying to give smart lessons without having any information themselves about the problems people are complaining about!

Try not to be such a *****.

The bug report I read that's been acknowledged by SI said it was about 3rd party add ons.

is it a new feature when you don't get told of shortlisted players being offered new contracts? i only ever seem to find out if the agent tells me or i see they've accepted or rejected the new deal, wasn't there a way on previous FM's where you would get a news item about a contract being offered?

unless im wrong which is possible since i haven't played FM since 2012

I wonder if the playing time complaints are linked to squad status. After the first game of the second season in my Arsenal save, I downgraded Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Frank Lampard from First Team to Rotation. Lampard didn't feature in the first game; the Ox was a sub around 70 minutes. Within the next two days, both players complained about a lack of first-team football. After the second game, Calum Chambers, also a Rotation player, also complained.

I didn't have many complaints last year, when both Giroud and maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain would have expected to play more. The only player who complained was Walcott, who was injured all season and featured in ~6 games (and I think was downgraded from Key Player to First Team, but I can't remember). Are the complaints about squad status still in the game, or are playing time complaints used as a proxy?

Many shots on goal per game, is something amazing and the worst 20 kicks to score a goal since his opponent kicks a maximum of 5 times and is a goal :)

The free kicks here in my FM never result in goal, I do not understand why, because training set pieces and my players have good attributes. The kicks are always going out, gets to be annoying!

The wrong setbacks are not happening, but the goal is going to go very slowly behind the rearmost ball by defender and suffer the goal, as well as the many rebound goals coming from defenses in free kicks, I believe this should be reviewed as soon as possible !

The movement of players can be softer and more particularly varied, players with better technique, which have high attributes should better express this in the game, for example a Cristiano Ronaldo (the doll it should dribble in many ways, kick with proper motion) and the main make a difference in a football game!

I think they should increase the tendency of overseas signings as they did in this patch 15.2 with Western Europe, Football Manager grace is to be a mainly simulator of football transfers.

The Arab countries that actually hire world-renowned players (Drogba, Raul, Anelka) and good players like Lucas Barrios, Conca, Forlan ... FM simply do nothing! This could be reviewed.

I usually play in Brazil and this leads to many transfers between clubs, jogadres exchanges and princiapalmente the big clubs hiring highlights of smaller clubs. Just as I think the newgens should be "born" after a 3 seasons, as from the third season no longer see grace, the game seems to only have newgens!

Can we still await news this week or only on 23?

I'll return with a fact or two of my own.

FACT: The ME cannot and does not distinguish between human and AI teams. Finishing, then, is the same for human and AI. If the AI teams have better ratios, you can improve somewhere. That could be tactical, motivational or both.

FACT: You won't win every game you "dominate". This quote is a year old, but still true:

First Fact: i find this very hard to believe based on my season and previous experience

Second Fact : I can show easily that this is not a question of "not winning every game you dominite" I played 50 games not won 17 and from this 17 only 2 i draw or loose fairly

First Fact: i find this very hard to believe based on my season and previous experience

Second Fact : I can show easily that this is not a question of "not winning every game you dominite" I played 50 games not won 17 and from this 17 only 2 i draw or loose fairly

Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. His point still holds true. What you do with that information is entirely upto you.

Many shots on goal per game, is something amazing and the worst 20 kicks to score a goal since his opponent kicks a maximum of 5 times and is a goal :)

The free kicks here in my FM never result in goal, I do not understand why, because training set pieces and my players have good attributes. The kicks are always going out, gets to be annoying!

The wrong setbacks are not happening, but the goal is going to go very slowly behind the rearmost ball by defender and suffer the goal, as well as the many rebound goals coming from defenses in free kicks, I believe this should be reviewed as soon as possible !

The movement of players can be softer and more particularly varied, players with better technique, which have high attributes should better express this in the game, for example a Cristiano Ronaldo (the doll it should dribble in many ways, kick with proper motion) and the main make a difference in a football game!

I think they should increase the tendency of overseas signings as they did in this patch 15.2 with Western Europe, Football Manager grace is to be a mainly simulator of football transfers.

The Arab countries that actually hire world-renowned players (Drogba, Raul, Anelka) and good players like Lucas Barrios, Conca, Forlan ... FM simply do nothing! This could be reviewed.

I usually play in Brazil and this leads to many transfers between clubs, jogadres exchanges and princiapalmente the big clubs hiring highlights of smaller clubs. Just as I think the newgens should be "born" after a 3 seasons, as from the third season no longer see grace, the game seems to only have newgens!

Can we still await news this week or only on 23?

Try putting a player with decent free kicks but a better finishing stat on them and you may have some more luck. As I said in an earlier post I had a player with 17 for free kicks just belting them over the bar. I noticed that he had 7 for finishing. I then put a player with a lower free kick stat but a higher finishing attribute on free kicks and he at least gets them on target and has scored one. The other player takes good free kicks from wider areas but as said you can't allocate that it's just a case of free kick taker. Something for SI to ponder I think.

Sorry wasn't paying attention. What earth shattering point does this one game make?

Nothing has fundamentally changed with regards to how the ME is constructed since this mammoth thread discussing the bias or perceived bias of AI finishing.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303143-Why-is-the-AI-so-much-better-at-finishing

Take from it your own conclusions.

I don't have my laptop with FM installed on it with me, but I did recently check my conversion ratio against all the AI teams in the division and it was hugely weighted in my favour. From memory, I was converting 21% of my shots, whereas the best AI team was at about 12%.

1 in 5 is almost unheard of in reality. AI teams were between 1 in 9 and 1 in 20, which is actually seriously off in the other direction. In my opinion, such variance in stats illustrates the relative lack of sophistication in AI tactics (unfortunate but true) and how a well designed user tactic can still completely outperform the best the AI can come up with.

Fantastic thread, and this is the key bit, the revelation, the "I am your father" moment: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303143-Why-is-the-AI-so-much-better-at-finishing?p=7739390&viewfull=1#post7739390 As it highlights the fundamental flaw in many observations: Selective memory, overly selective set of games, and no attention to what's going on elsewhere to boot (as one of the key experiences in CM/FM has always been you not being the centre piece of the world, but a manager just like everybody else, it's not only human teams that get dominated "statisticall" and lose, after all). The game makes zero difference between you and the AI managers, they engage in everything you do (talking to their players, the press, setting up tactics, etc.). Only that the human player by nature will be always a tad more creative, and that naturally can lend itself to both over as well as underperforming based on the average performance of your average AI manager.

Fantastic thread, and this is the key bit, the revelation, the "I am your father" moment: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303143-Why-is-the-AI-so-much-better-at-finishing?p=7739390&viewfull=1#post7739390 As it highlights the fundamental flaw in many observations: Selective memory, overly selective set of games, and no attention to what's going on elsewhere to boot (as one of the key experiences in CM/FM has always been you not being the centre piece of the world, but a manager just like everybody else, it's not only human teams that get dominated "statisticall" and lose, after all). The game makes zero difference between you and the AI managers, they engage in everything you do (talking to their players, the press, setting up tactics, etc.). Only that the human player by nature will be always a tad more creative, and that naturally can lend itself to both over as well as underperforming based on the average performance of your average AI manager.

I used to think that the game had a personal vendetta against me, lol.. And i usually complained, but not any more.. i went to the tactical forums and read a ton of material.. started setting up better tactics.. actually, MUCH better tactics and my!, i'm really enjoying the game albeit FM 2014.. I have a long term save that i'm doing and i really think i'd skip 15 this year.. i'm just so enjoying myself, the holidays are on.. and i'm spending most of the day on the game (yes, i watch full matches, lol)..

So to all those thinking that the game has something against them, it doesn't.. I just have one question though..

Do the AI really really learn from when they first play you? Suppose a new manager comes into R. Betis for instance, and we do battle and we win by 4-1 b/coz he played overly attacking, will he learn from that mistake and play a bit more cautiously in future??

For all the moaners out there who blame the ME and say it's anti human player, do this little experiment.

Replay the same game around 5-6 times, change team talk each game, keep the same players and tactics and just watch............................. I'd be surprised if the result isn't different each time, varying from winning/losing and drawing.

So just have a think each game, could I use team talks better, is my tactics right, are the players the correct ones or is the games just pure random like in real life, where you win some lose some.

So just have a think each game, could I use team talks better, is my tactics right, are the players the correct ones or is the games just pure random like in real life, where you win some lose some.

It's not random, but as a typically low scoring game with very fluid play compared to a number of other team sports (American Football, Baseball), it's a game of fine margins. Between roughly evenly matched sides anyways. Football is a game in which key moments within effectively 60 minutes of play make or break a match (most prominently, re-watch the World Cup final). As such, it's not the most ideal of a coach's game, regardless of the cult of the manager, which FM fuels also. It's made evident you can completely kill a game, employ a Catenaccio style of play (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374841-To-Catenaccio-and-BEYOND!?p=9239984&viewfull=1#post9239984) encourage the opposite and one day perhaps set a new record for goals scored and be successful in either approach. The style reflects in both the match action as well as the statistics (naturally, there's always an AI opponent influencing too). This right starts with transfers already (good luck trying to play with bonafide wingers who would never cut inside and expecting say freshly-bought Robben to always stick to that job description). However, you're "but" the manager, no more no less, and I think despite the limitations in AI opponents that will always exist FM gets that balance pretty decently done. On one run you score early and the goals keep coming. On another, a side parking the bus hangs on and on, the early goal doesn't come and depending on personality (see the body language feedback) may grow in confidence, robbing you of the victory you felt was deserved. Neither of the two is pre-determined, and that is key, as both are situations that happen dynamically, and you can notice and still try to turn things around (as can your opposition). It's something else altogether competing online, by the way, as there's lots more creativity and different tactics at play. Whatever issues and engine warts may arise along your ride, the AI will suffer from those all the same.

Naturally, its less creative set of tactics might not highlight this as well as a human one, see this great post by wwfan: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303143-Why-is-the-AI-so-much-better-at-finishing?p=7752916&viewfull=1#post7752916 A few versions back an unintentional split in positioning between both CBs allowed user tactics to create tons of chances via through balls bang through the centre. Focusing solely on statistics, all you ever saw was the shot stat being bumped each time a shot had commenced. Looking at the actual play you would notice that the single forward being fed by through balls often had to turn around and rush the shot from no distance to the keeper, and similar disadvantages. The AI never focused on a single type of assist or put up such a tactics that relied on a single goal threat. Contrary to the such a human player, it may have encouraged at least a full back to move up and cross, a midfield player to get into the box from deep just as well and perhaps encourage a player on the wing to act an inside forward who would dribble, open space and place shots also. As all the human did was encouraging through balls from deep midfield to a single forward, it became one-dimensional and could break down much more easily. And presto, there you had your human players suffering a lesser conversion ratio.

Talking about statistics, whilst it appears more reliable overall, I still wouldn't trust the CCC stat either.

LtGgTTa.jpg

Unless the goal and the six yard box is a completely vacant spot (it wasn't): How can finishes from such impossible angles be classed as CCCs (green dots of player 18 and 14)? Looking through various shots and goal scoring chances (see the match analysis tab), it often appears as if just about any shot is counted as such that sees the finisher halfway free of markers and semi-decently clear en route to goal. It's a tricky thing anyways, as classifying chances is a subjective thing in real-life football analysis, where human eyes and common sense do the job. Hard to break that down into a simple algorithm that will always boil down to but a few parameter checks. (In FM, as in real-football, there is visibly a multitude of different finishing situations). Naturally, this isn't only CCCs, but FM also classes shots as half chances and more. In terms of purely shots, a high ratio in shots/shots on target arguably remains a much more telling stat in terms of quality if you still insist on sticking to statistics only.

Try not to be such a *****.

The bug report I read that's been acknowledged by SI said it was about 3rd party add ons.

Still wrong it isn`t just about 3rd party add ons because the official kits doesn`t work. Do you have the game?

Then load it up and look for yourself, we`re discussing something that you can see live and in color.

It's not random, but as a typically low scoring game with very fluid play compared to a number of other team sports (American Football, Baseball), it's a game of fine margins. Between roughly evenly matched sides anyways. Football is a game in which key moments within effectively 60 minutes of play make or break a match (most prominently, re-watch the World Cup final). As such, it's not the most ideal of a coach's game, regardless of the cult of the manager, which FM fuels also. It's made evident you can completely kill a game, employ a Catenaccio style of play (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374841-To-Catenaccio-and-BEYOND!?p=9239984&viewfull=1#post9239984) encourage the opposite and one day perhaps set a new record for goals scored and be successful in either approach. The style reflects in both the match action as well as the statistics (naturally, there's always an AI opponent influencing too). This right starts with transfers already (good luck trying to play with bonafide wingers who would never cut inside and expecting say freshly-bought Robben to always stick to that job description). However, you're "but" the manager, no more no less, and I think despite the limitations in AI opponents that will always exist FM gets that balance pretty decently done. On one run you score early and the goals keep coming. On another, a side parking the bus hangs on and on, the early goal doesn't come and depending on personality (see the body language feedback) may grow in confidence, robbing you of the victory you felt was deserved. Neither of the two is pre-determined, and that is key, as both are situations that happen dynamically, and you can notice and still try to turn things around (as can your opposition). It's something else altogether competing online, by the way, as there's lots more creativity and different tactics at play. Whatever issues and engine warts may arise along your ride, the AI will suffer from those all the same.

Naturally, its less creative set of tactics might not highlight this as well as a human one, see this great post by wwfan: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303143-Why-is-the-AI-so-much-better-at-finishing?p=7752916&viewfull=1#post7752916 A few versions back an unintentional split in positioning between both CBs allowed user tactics to create tons of chances via through balls bang through the centre. Focusing solely on statistics, all you ever saw was the shot stat being bumped each time a shot had commenced. Looking at the actual play you would notice that the single forward being fed by through balls often had to turn around and rush the shot from no distance to the keeper, and similar disadvantages. The AI never focused on a single type of assist or put up such a tactics that relied on a single goal threat. Contrary to the such a human player, it may have encouraged at least a full back to move up and cross, a midfield player to get into the box from deep just as well and perhaps encourage a player on the wing to act an inside forward who would dribble, open space and place shots also. As all the human did was encouraging through balls from deep midfield to a single forward, it became one-dimensional and could break down much more easily. And presto, there you had your human players suffering a lesser conversion ratio.

Talking about statistics, whilst it appears more reliable overall, I still wouldn't trust the CCC stat either.

LtGgTTa.jpg

Unless the goal and the six yard box is a completely vacant spot (it wasn't): How can finishes from such impossible angles be classed as CCCs (green dots of player 18 and 14)? Looking through various shots and goal scoring chances (see the match analysis tab), it often appears as if just about any shot is counted as such that sees the finisher halfway free of markers and semi-decently clear en route to goal. It's a tricky thing anyways, as classifying chances is a subjective thing in real-life football analysis, where human eyes and common sense do the job. Hard to break that down into a simple algorithm that will always boil down to but a few parameter checks. (In FM, as in real-football, there is visibly a multitude of different finishing situations). Naturally, this isn't only CCCs, but FM also classes shots as half chances and more. In terms of purely shots, a high ratio in shots/shots on target arguably remains a much more telling stat in terms of quality if you still insist on sticking to statistics only.

I think the word random was not the best but the fact being there are many contributing factors within the game which can and will make things happen which isn't always to the liking of a lot of people. There are many on here who think once they've got a decent tactic it's just plug and play like FM12 where the 4-3-3 set up exposed some flaws in the ME to guarantee wins. SI have made the last 3 years a lot harder to cheat with a tactic, so you now have to start thinking of ways to win by actually being a manager, whether it's by tactics or team talks or even both, they're all vitally important.

Who would have thought that Moyes would've been such a disaster at Man U, yes it wasn't the best of squads gathered but it was the squad that won the EPL, something was seriously wrong at the club, they struggled to get the basics right and finished nigh on mid table, I bet you a grand auld Alex would have had them top 4 at least, management of players, tactics etc all decisive in how a team does, as in FM 15.

is it a new feature when you don't get told of shortlisted players being offered new contracts? i only ever seem to find out if the agent tells me or i see they've accepted or rejected the new deal, wasn't there a way on previous FM's where you would get a news item about a contract being offered?

unless im wrong which is possible since i haven't played FM since 2012

anyone able to say if it's just me experiencing this?

Why can't I relay my pitch again? I did it 1 year ago, but its condition is already terrible. I think that it got terrible too soon, I played only about 25 games on the new pitch. My finances are ok (got 3m in balance, not bad for a L2 club).

So no answer on this one?

I know that I will have to play whole another season on terrible pitch, cause they surely won't be relaying it during the season. But I think it is to much to pitch deteriorate that much in such small time.

So no answer on this one?

I know that I will have to play whole another season on terrible pitch, cause they surely won't be relaying it during the season. But I think it is to much to pitch deteriorate that much in such small time.

Thanks Firehouse, can you report this issue here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Still wrong it isn`t just about 3rd party add ons because the official kits doesn`t work. Do you have the game?

Then load it up and look for yourself, we`re discussing something that you can see live and in color.

To confirm that the issue is with all 3D Match Engine kits, both 3rd party and licensed. We're continuing to look into it.

Thanks Firehouse, can you report this issue here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/386-Match-Engine-Issues

Would do it, but I can't. :D

Firehouse, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

EDIT: Now I checked again and it says my pitch condition is good. Looks like the grass grew by itself :D

The major problem (and probably the only major one left, now that crosses have been reduced to their real life efficiency IMO) of FM 15 is - still - the total amount of created chances and / or shots. This is since ever the source of the biggest FM-player unhappiness: An awful conversion rate, superkeepers and "I've had 50 shots, my opponent only 2, they won 0-3". I think everyone would agree. If the amount of goals is more or less the same as real life, you will necessarily have an awful conversion rate if the amount of shots exceed real life numbers (which, I think, are less than 10 per team on average). Simple math. So as long as there will be too many shots created, the game HAS to have noticeable divergencies with real life football, which in turn is of course the source of unhappiness with FM-players.

So the absolutely primary focus for the match engine developers should be improving the defence, without nerfing attacking play too much (otherwise it would be horrible football). I reckon this is hard work, because right now the preferred method is rather tweaking the conversion rate, which seems to be more easier (and more predictable). I think a general strategy of "LESS" would be the way to go for the match engine. Less tempo, less movement, less passes, less directness, less willingness to shoot, less offensive mentality. This sounds like an ugly match engine, I know. But tweaking just one variable has become impossible by now, which is kind of a misdevelopment in the match engine, if I may say.

Let's say they would tweak only willingness to shoot on goal: While there would be less shots in total (which in turn means, conversion rate could be upped again), the play would probably look surreal, with the teams passing the ball around like Barca without trying to actually score. That is because there's too much tempo in general in the game.

If they would, let's say, improve the defender positioning - which came to my mind at first -, we would have less shots, but also a game that consists only of intercepted passes and counter attacks.

What I am trying to say, is, that several improvements on the FM 14 match engine, which had its faults but was perfectly balanced as was the conversion rate IMO, have led to a general problem of the match engine of FM15. And trying to fix symptoms will therefore only lead to other problems, unless a general overhaul will be done.

That is, of course, only my impression, me being ignorant of the details of coding and such.

Archived