Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

A couple of things that could be toned down, after a season with the latest update:

1. The amount of back passes going to out for a corner.

There are still a lot of them. At least it is in the lower leagues.

2. Goalie catching the ball but taking it over the goal line

resulting in a corner.

The 2nd point was a bit of a struggle in FM14 as well.

Since the update my taker has 4/4 scored so that is your game and not an issue

Haha that was a bit of a rage post from missing 2 penalties in 2 consecutive games that would have been winners. It may just be my game but I'm seeing a lot more penalty misses from my own team and AI post patch.

Also on the subject of penalties an issue I've had in 14 and 15 is players taking a penalty to complete a hattrick, I don't mind them automatically taking them over selected penalty takers but the percentage of those scored is bizarrely low. Or is this a pressure situation that's actually really hard to convert in real life?

There are entirely too many tackles where a defender puts a boot in, the player on the ball falls over, somehow it's not a foul, and the defender runs off with the ball.

Attackers don't get wiped out and be unable to chase back nearly so often irl.

Only downsides to the patch so far have been bugs;

1. League table widget in-match is no longer scrollable.

2. Unable to fine players for bad performances

3. Can no longer edit most player contract options in the IGE

All these have bug reports so I'm presuming a hotfix is in development :)

There are entirely too many tackles where a defender puts a boot in, the player on the ball falls over, somehow it's not a foul, and the defender runs off with the ball.

Attackers don't get wiped out and be unable to chase back nearly so often irl.

I must admit, I have been thinking this myself, although it's not new with this update. The referees certainly seem a bit more lenient in FM15 than they have previously, with challenges that look like they should be free kicks just not resulting in anything.

I must admit, I have been thinking this myself, although it's not new with this update. The referees certainly seem a bit more lenient in FM15 than they have previously, with challenges that look like they should be free kicks just not resulting in anything.
Not saying you're wrong or anything but I think it just depends. In my game I have been fined twice by the FA for receiving 8 yellow cards in a match. My approach isn't even aggressive and I've not adjusted any tackling instructions so I think it just depends on the referee :D

I suspect it may have something to do with some of the new animations, making challenges look more physical and heavy-hitting than they actually are. I haven't compared stats between the two games, and it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't actually any difference, but the feel of it from watching clips is that players get away with more physical confrontation. And I say this as someone who has "Get Stuck In" and "Close Down More" as default Instructions :D

Anyway, I think I can summarize the following:

FM15 update 15.2 didn't result in less goals in lower level/competition matches as I hoped.

Maybe even more, but surely not less goals in fully viewed matches.

Don't know if that is so in higher level/division competitions too, or if it happens only by "full match" views, but definitely still unrealistically too many goals per match.

I am just about to start with my lowest level league matches, (english Conference South), I wonder if there will be this many goals in other, AI played matches too?

I suspect it may have something to do with some of the new animations, making challenges look more physical and heavy-hitting than they actually are. I haven't compared stats between the two games, and it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't actually any difference, but the feel of it from watching clips is that players get away with more physical confrontation. And I say this as someone who has "Get Stuck In" and "Close Down More" as default Instructions :D

It's not just an animation issue when the tackled player ends up 20 yards ahead of the ball before he starts to interact with the game again. the tackles don't just look harder, their fallout is massive.

kit 3D don't work since 15.2 i hope it's going to fix for the next patch... and when a african player leave my club for play the african nation cup, he can always play to my club during the african nation cup.And when i lend a player to another team she can send it and keep the money!!!i hope we have a fix shortly!!! thank you!!!

I'm playing this patch 15.2 and consider the best ME of all time!

I see many positive points, the defenders are disarming more, the game is more dynamic, the less the goalkeepers failing and the goals are varied.

But there are many points that can be enhanced to match the engine to be perfect!

- The pass could be more varied (with foot side with the instep, inside or outside of the foot)

- The dribbling are still too robotic (there could be short dribbling, dribbling in effect, elastic, dribbling playing on one side and catching the other, as well as cycling and dribbling as does Cristiano Ronaldo)

- Players should be expelled when they are angry and go complain to the judge (more animation, gestures of dolls)

- The game could have more ball disputes with more realistic body movements, with advocates and a half defensive field stealing the ball in various ways

- The game also features robotic animations, players should have softer and dynamic movements like real football

- Bicycle Goals, dodging the match, volley, coverage should happen more often

- Goalkeepers defend many balls standing, I believe that the movements of these players should be improved. Goalkeeper's defenses causing various ways.

- The throw-in is very strange, the movement should be smooth, the players seem robots

- The free kicks near the corner ever since has barrier of the championship manager of times, I find it a very serious error is an error that should be set

- Free kicks have always cause in fully kicks out of the goal, I believe this should be better enhanced because in football happen many free-kicks and pricipalmente players hit the goal kick when

- Since the patch 15.2 are happening many goals in the first post, it is certain that anyone crossing this space field, the goal happen, this could be done in moderation

- The stadiums are always full, even when the public is less than half the stadium, this should be improved (bug that only happens on FM 15, in all the other was perfect!)

- An error that happens always in FM are the kicks that go directly into the goal (which would be a cross), it happens infrequently in reality

- Many balls on the beam per game, has starting taking place 3-4 balls, totally unreal!

- The cons goals are poorly made, when an attacker kick and the ball hits the defender and into the goal of the attacker is not against the defender goal! (error that ever happened in fm)

- In fm 15 a fact that everyone has claimed is the large amount of kicks to goal per game. Had a game that kicked 51 times, this is totally unrealistic! The games of the Brazilian state championships happens very much, times of little reputation simply do not attack and suffer more than 30 kicks. I believe that every game is so because I see people complaining that happen many kicks to the goal in all the world championships.

- Many heavy defeats has happened in 15 fm, totally unrealistic results, which occur very rarely in real life: 9x0, 8x1, 14x0, 11x0 ... It has to be adjusted !!

- The injury has occurred in high frequency in FM 15, I believe it has been based on the last season, which was totally atypical, please reduce the amount of injury in the game!

Whilst I may not have been the only one to suggest it, an idea I put forward in the wish-list for this version has been implemented. I remember saying it would be useful to have a column on the staff screen that would show what licenses each member has, so that we didn't have to click on each member individually.

I only just noticed it before, but I am happy to see it there.

It's good to know that SI staff actually do notice and listen/read to what the customers suggest. Solid work!

A couple of things that could be toned down, after a season with the latest update:

1. The amount of back passes going to out for a corner.

Just saw three of these in the same game.

honestly all these best "match engine of all time" must have a different game to me, all I see is SI have neutered crosses and finishing to keep the scores down off the last patch which were too high scoring. I see now that you may as well not play with a center forward as champions league level strikers now score maybe once every five or six games if they are lucky - in fact a AI messi in my game has one in 15! hows that for realism. This patch is nothing more than a band aid for over powered crosses in the same way that FM2014 had issues with corners so they stuck a patch that every team did zonal marking for corners to prevent that. forwards miss time and time again and not by a inch or two but lash shots towards the corner flag it just isn't in the realm of realism and surely thats what the game is aiming for. I could carry on about the sunday league center backs that lash balls out of play at the first hint of pressure or smash it away from goal as far as possible without a hint of composure but whats the point, if people think this is anywhere near a representation of top level football then fine, but for me apart from some of the passing phases of play its non league at best and Sunday league at worst as far as forward play and defending is concerned.

It's not a big enough sample size to say categorically there's something wrong, see if it changes over a few weeks.

You'll not get a lot of sympathy with the unnecessary sarcasm or are you just looking for a bite?

I'm being serious, that is almost like a long running joke on here. When it comes to ai games too it can't just be tactics.

The game is great bar the odd issue. It's just frustrating.

Players just fall over more often.

More realistically, you might say.

Nobody else seeing greatly increased scoring after the patch? The patch came while I was in pre-season, and I'm now scoring almost 5 goals per game in the Bundesliga.

There is still a lack of goal in this game? I can not do from the first patch after the release ... And it seems that this patch 15.2 really the goals out more wings, rarely see a long shot goal!

Some people on here says too many goals while others say too few goals. What is the truth I am confused???:confused:

The truth is that they lose 6-0 = too many goals, then they win 1-0 = not enough goals.

It's all knee jerk and jumping on bandwagons that other people start, PROPER analysis will show that goal totals are in line with real life, but there'll always be anomalies because it's a game and far from being real life.

Also you have the biggest anomaly of all, which is input from people who know a lot less about football and software than they care to admit :)

hi guys, greetings from Indonesia.

well, i have found something interesting and odd at same time when i play my LLM save this morning. There are a significant amount of goal scored in my leagues comparing to the other leagues at the same level (english level 9 in this case). what i mean is the top scorers at my league scored 11 to 16 goals currently, but somehow on the other league at this level (level 9) the goals from league top scorers ranging from 5 to 8 goals average. i'm not moaning about the numbers of goals anymore because i know it's how the lower division works on real life, but it's just weird to see some of the leagues at that level don't seem to simulate like the league i play. i'm not expecting the entire level 9 division simulates the exact situation like i've experienced, but at least a little bit closer to that. i also checking the league up top and found that my leagues are the only leagues with crazy numbers of goals from the top scorers.

here's the image from my division

2014_12_13_00001.jpg

and here from the other leagues

2014_12_13_00002.jpg

2014_12_13_00003.jpg

2014_12_13_00004.jpg

2014_12_13_00005.jpg

2014_12_13_00006.jpg

2014_12_13_00007.jpg

that's all, and sorry for may bad english.

Getting real sick of my free kick taker smashing either over the bar or closer to the corner flag than the goal when within 25 yards.

HgArU9T.jpg

This kind of thing happens too often. That's 60 minutes of Santi Cazorla. One of those shots, the one inside the box aimed directly away from the goal (?), was from open play. Granted, one match, small sample, screenshots aren't that useful, I get all that. And I don't think it's a bug or anything. I've heard that from the soak tests goals are being scored at close-ish to realistic rates. I just want some damned variety. Hit the wall a time or two. Make the goalkeeper make a save. STOP SHOOTING WHEN YOU'VE BEEN INSTRUCTED NOT TO. Give me something, anything, other than a guy with 18 FK hitting the ball into row Z.

Same thing with long shots. I'm not complaining about the frequency that they go in; I just don't understand why Grant Dingwall, my semi-pro midfielder with 8 finishing and 6 long shots, scored eight in a season and Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla et al have yet to score one between them. I want to feel like Long Shots is a useful stat, that it's something that has an effect. Right now it feels like a lower number is better.

The truth is that they lose 6-0 = too many goals, then they win 1-0 = not enough goals.

It's all knee jerk and jumping on bandwagons that other people start, PROPER analysis will show that goal totals are in line with real life, but there'll always be anomalies because it's a game and far from being real life.

Also you have the biggest anomaly of all, which is input from people who know a lot less about football and software than they care to admit :)

I would say there are too many clear chances created from static/non-responsive defending. Hence the right amount of goals, but too many clear chances missed/saved to get there, and every now and then there will be a high percentage of clear chances converted, leading to high scores.

I would say there are too many clear chances created from static/non-responsive defending. Hence the right amount of goals, but too many clear chances missed/saved to get there, and every now and then there will be a high percentage of clear chances converted, leading to high scores.

I jump on this bandwagon :) It is the number of shots and CCC created that is too high.

The patch has definitely fixed many of the problems with the old ME - good work SI.

However, Im considering going back til the previous ME (if possible) simply because my team has transformed from a strong team playing good football, to a amateur team that plays horrible. Some of my best players have become my worst. I also thought that counter attacking could not get any worse, but it has.

I've got the demo, just updated itself. I'm Maribor and Marcos Tavares agent asks me for a new contract. I accept, yet there's no appearance fee, goal bonus, etc etc, now is this something that is just within Maribor or Slovenian football, or has that option been removed completely for some reason?

I've kept the same tactic throughout the last 3 versions, and it has remainder consistency successful throughout. However, the way in which I win has changed quite a bit between each update:

Two versions ago:

- My wide attacking midfielders were responsible for the majority of goals and assists.

- striker (on Attack duty) didn't score a large number of goals but created space for the wide players.

- Crossing was fantastically varied, from both wingers and full backs. It was clearly too effective but the way in which crosses were made was the best i've seen in any FM to date. Lots of first touch crosses, variation in depth, along the ground, floated and fizzed. There was a bit of everything.

Previous version:

- Significant drop in crossing attempts made by wide players but wide players were still just as effective in other ways.

Current version:

- Crossing is all but dead. It's less effective but more annoyingly it's the fact that wide players always slow down when approaching crossing positions. They then revert back to FM14 style and pass back or inside. Wide players seem far less effective at going past their man.

- Some nice through balls are happening to wide players cutting inside but the resulting one on ones appear to have an extremely high proportion of saved clear cut chances. At certain angles approaching wide players seem to make little attempt to strike the ball into the far corner and instead target the center.

- There also appears to be a section around about the penalty spot that results in the most incredible saves by the goal keeper. Not only are these saves consistently incredible but they almost appear to occur too quickly for the animation to keep up.

- Goalkeepers carrying the ball over their goal line.

-i'm starting to see goals from direct free kicks, which never happened before for me.

- Higher portion of penalties taken during normal time miss.

I'd imagine i could potentially make some tactical adjustments to solve some of the crossing issues but i'm still winning so don't want to change a winning formula.

All in all i think FM15 has probably been the strongest match engine to date. And i appreciate the new and varied animations.

That said, i would like to see some of the exciting crossing return, i miss it :(

I just had the same sequence of events - campbell dribbles, van anholt sticks out a leg, catches campbell, penalty - display three times in a row on Only Commentary, all before the penalty was taken.

I've kept the same tactic throughout the last 3 versions, and it has remainder consistency successful throughout. However, the way in which I win has changed quite a bit between each update:

Two versions ago:

- My wide attacking midfielders were responsible for the majority of goals and assists.

- striker (on Attack duty) didn't score a large number of goals but created space for the wide players.

- Crossing was fantastically varied, from both wingers and full backs. It was clearly too effective but the way in which crosses were made was the best i've seen in any FM to date. Lots of first touch crosses, variation in depth, along the ground, floated and fizzed. There was a bit of everything.

Previous version:

- Significant drop in crossing attempts made by wide players but wide players were still just as effective in other ways.

Current version:

- Crossing is all but dead. It's less effective but more annoyingly it's the fact that wide players always slow down when approaching crossing positions. They then revert back to FM14 style and pass back or inside. Wide players seem far less effective at going past their man.

- Some nice through balls are happening to wide players cutting inside but the resulting one on ones appear to have an extremely high proportion of saved clear cut chances. At certain angles approaching wide players seem to make little attempt to strike the ball into the far corner and instead target the center.

- There also appears to be a section around about the penalty spot that results in the most incredible saves by the goal keeper. Not only are these saves consistently incredible but they almost appear to occur too quickly for the animation to keep up.

- Goalkeepers carrying the ball over their goal line.

-i'm starting to see goals from direct free kicks, which never happened before for me.

- Higher portion of penalties taken during normal time miss.

I'd imagine i could potentially make some tactical adjustments to solve some of the crossing issues but i'm still winning so don't want to change a winning formula.

All in all i think FM15 has probably been the strongest match engine to date. And i appreciate the new and varied animations.

That said, i would like to see some of the exciting crossing return, i miss it :(

Wholly agree. Goals from crosses were a delight in the previous update but not as some said overpowered. I wasn't conceding too many via crosses where some said every goal they conceded was a cross, and I was scoring some lovely ones now as you say it is rare to see.

I jump on this bandwagon :) It is the number of shots and CCC created that is too high.

Okay :) now list all the things that could be done to right this imbalance, then list all the other things that would need to be adjusted to ensure your fixes don't create other imbalances while still keeping all stats realistic.

Easy ain't it? :D

Wholly agree. Goals from crosses were a delight in the previous update but not as some said overpowered. I wasn't conceding too many via crosses where some said every goal they conceded was a cross, and I was scoring some lovely ones now as you say it is rare to see.

And therein lies the problem, were they over powered or not? remember people were going ballistic complaining that they were.

What's a dev supposed to do?

Defenders still don't follow free kicks in. If it hits the post or crossbar and comes back it's a more certain goal than an effort on target.

There is an obvious problem in relation to score lines. The score lines aren't consistent and the goal records aren't in line with real life. FM14 had it perfect with the score results and only having your odd game with 4+ goals. Something has gone wrong ln this version and hopefully yet another update will come out.

People come on here to give their feedback - not to be told they are wrong constantly. When you have hundreds of people of complaining about something it's best to listen to them. Hence why non of the OFFICIAL SI staff are replying telling people they are wrong and it might be their tactics etc.

In terms of what they have put into the game this version it is great but there are many many bugs that need fixing and pretending they aren't there isn't going to help.

And therein lies the problem, were they over powered or not? remember people were going ballistic complaining that they were.

What's a dev supposed to do?

I seem to remember when I used to concede too many goals I was told to adjust my tactics!!!

Yep not easy I accept that but if not everyone experienced too many goals via crosses then maybe it wasn't actually a major issue. Now they have seem to have been nuked and the ME is getting one dimensional again. Like 2013, through balls were apparently over powered so in the last patch through balls were non existent! Personally I never experienced "too many goals" in FM15 and thought the balance was right, maybe defending could have been tweaked but certainly strikers finishing was good.

What I have noticed since the update is this. Prior update I was making about 12 to 15 chances in a home match probably around 6 of those good chances and was scoring around the 2 to 3 goals mark on a good day. Since the patch I am making at home around 20 chances with about 10 to 12 of those good chances and score around 1 to 2 if lucky but there has been a marked increase on the heat map of missed net or saved. Saved from chances in the 6 yard box has gone through the roof. So since update I seem to be creating more chances and more good chances but scoring less.

Way too many shots and good chances now. The amount of goals is okay, but just because they made finishing poorer. Its just way too much happening on the field. Shot or chance every minute. Thats not football. Defending and positioning needs to be improved so that there are less shots and chances without the need to make the striker miss everything. This might not be easy for SI but its their job.

Well I'm certainly dominating a lot more after the patch. Using the exact same players and tactic.

This was the season before the patch.

Untitled-1-48.jpg~original

This is the season after the patch.

Untitled-3-3.jpg~original

Well I'm certainly dominating a lot more after the patch. Using the exact same players and tactic.

That type of save would bore me to tears.

Not listen to anything on this thread would be a start.

Not true at all :herman: fortunately they know how to pick out which bits they need to be listening to, though they get pretty bored reading the other 99.9% ;)

I don't know if it's possible but two suggestions re feedback in the future.

1. The major issues in a feedback thread. Why not put them on a poll? Are you experiencing poor finishing yes/no, Are you experiencing too many goals yes/no, so on. This way at least SI can see the percentage of the community experiencing these issues.

2. Choice of update. In the old days you had to actually download the patch. Why not have a patch thread where everyone can download whichever update they prefer? For me it was the last one, but it could also become the next one. That way everyone can play whichever update they prefer. You can't please everyone with one update so a choice of rolling back or downloading your preferred update may be the way forward.

Some people on here says too many goals while others say too few goals. What is the truth I am confused???:confused:

Simulated 5 seasons, all on full detail.

There are less goals then in the previous versions, generally speaking more goals are scored the further down the league pyramid you go. Generally speaking this range is around 2.8 - 3 for the professional leagues, which is a touch high. The amount of stupid scorelines is noticeably lower, however without doing any research into it, I have noticed 4-4 is quite a common scoreline.

Way too many shots and good chances now. The amount of goals is okay, but just because they made finishing poorer. Its just way too much happening on the field. Shot or chance every minute. Thats not football. Defending and positioning needs to be improved so that there are less shots and chances without the need to make the striker miss everything. This might not be easy for SI but its their job.

Yes, this is the whole problem with what is going on with patches. The stats bunnies keep whinging about too many or too few goals compared to real life and SI keep reacting by altering the relative effectiveness of attackers or defenders - to the point now where there is zero anticipation in a striker getting through on goal - you know he'll miss every time. It has completely killed the flow of the game.

The real issue has been there for a number of versions and it is about the build up play and the number and quality of chances. SI need to ignore the stats bunnies for a while - allow realistic behaviour from strikers and concentrate on the build-up play rather than just constantly tweaking the chance taking probabilities of players in goalscoring positions.

Untitled-1-48.jpg~original

Untitled-3-3.jpg~original

who are you and what sort of tactic?

too many or too little goals...

too many goals = crossing crossing and more crossing

too few = playing a ball over the top.

seen world class players missing these or they get saved... one guy shot one out for a throw -_-

who are you and what sort of tactic?

Spurs.

Tactic:

Untitled-2-7.jpg~original

Fluid

Switching between Counter/Standard/Control during the game depending on opposition, circumstances.

Shorter Passing

Work Ball Into Box

Push Higher Up

Close Down More

Use Offside Trap

Lower Tempo

GK: Distribute to Full Backs

AMC: Roam From Position

Spurs.

Tactic:

Untitled-2-7.jpg~original

Fluid

Switching between Counter/Standard/Control during the game depending on opposition, circumstances.

Shorter Passing

Work Ball Into Box

Push Higher Up

Close Down More

Use Offside Trap

Lower Tempo

GK: Distribute to Full Backs

AMC: Roam From Position

Looks a solid setup, still that run is insane. I was having lots of success pre patch with my 352 but it's gone to pot now!