Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

Some of this "feedback" is hoofing lads. Please take the time to consider what you are reporting as a bug or unbalanced issue. SI should have enough work without having to filter out all the noise. Give it a season At least.

Just like real life strikers can miss sitters, keepers have howlers, some passes go astray etc... you cant win every game 3-0.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Averaging 3.2 goals scored and 2.1 conceded. This is within 19 games. There has been 49 goals in my last 7 games (even though I've won them all I'm not enjoying them). This is in the Portuguese second division. You may say it's my tactics but I don't do anything special and there is also these instances with all the AI teams.

This update is slightly better but still needs a big change in the amount of goals scored.

Two losses after patch....not mad about that, 2-1 & 1-0, close nailbiters....but no option to discipline or fine players? Any official word on this? And yes, I'm Norwich and the players in question were not loanees and have professional contracts so was the option removed?

Haven't played enough matches to give a verdict but I have two bugs so far, which I'm not entirely sure are related to this patch:

1) A player who was supposed to join me 1/10/2018 will now join me on 1/1/1900???? Is there a way to fix this?

2) I can no longer give my players warnings or fines after a poor performance - tried it with 3 players, one got 6.3, one 6.2 and one got 5.9. The option wasn't there.

Some of this "feedback" is hoofing lads. Please take the time to consider what you are reporting as a bug or unbalanced issue. SI should have enough work without having to filter out all the noise. Give it a season At least.

Just like real life strikers can miss sitters, keepers have howlers, some passes go astray etc... you cant win every game 3-0.

Thanks for those words of wisdom but you do know they'll take no notice, tunnel vision is endemic here :(

• SI Staff
Haven't played enough matches to give a verdict but I have two bugs so far, which I'm not entirely sure are related to this patch:

1) A player who was supposed to join me 1/10/2018 will now join me on 1/1/1900???? Is there a way to fix this?

2) I can no longer give my players warnings or fines after a poor performance - tried it with 3 players, one got 6.3, one 6.2 and one got 5.9. The option wasn't there.

Issue 1 should have been resolved with this update. If the date of the transfer changed to 1/1/1900 when you had 15.2 could you please post in the below thread with further details.

- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412242-Joining-club-on-1.1.1900-REVIEWED

Issue 1 should have been resolved with this patch. If the date of the transfer changed to 1/1/1900 when you had 15.2 could you please post in the below thread with further details.

- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412242-Joining-club-on-1.1.1900-REVIEWED

I'm not really sure. I've signed him when he was a 16 year old, so I had to wait quite a bit. When I was monitoring my transfers it was all right in 15.1.4 (for over a year), and the last time I checked it AFTER 15.2 patch, it was changed to 1.1.1900. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it happened after the patch.

Hi,

didn't see if someone already mentionned that bug in 15.2 :

My game's date is january 2019, and my african players are all "tired", and it seems that the players are playing the African nation Cup, but remains in my club so that I can use them freely...

they are playing both CAN and ligue 1 !

Some general feedback.

I have said before that I like the scouting system. But a couple of tweaks would be nice. My scouts are usually wrong in terms of ability by 1/2 - 1 stars. This is fine. But they always over rate the player compared to my coaches (I have great scouts and great coaches, so it is not a stat issue with either). I have yet to have a single transfer go through where my scouts under rated the player. So I can always deduct 1/2 stars from my scout reports, and that is the players real ability according to my coaches. There are many many examples of this in real life where players are signed as backups or squad players but end up being key players, or at least making a much larger impact than expected. Of course it goes the other way more often, but some managers seem to buy players in terms of how they fit in their system, and get more of these types of signings. Would be nice for this to happen sometimes in FM too. Also, the whole player development thing is so linear that that it gets boring. Shake it up a little to allow rare instances of Gascoigne- like implosions, and Cantona-esque explosions. A 23 year old world class star who turns to drink and cocaine, retires from non-leaggue play at 28. A 26 year old player who finds the perfect club with the perfect relationships and the perfect role, who rises from good to great. I know it is tricky to make this happen only a very few times every ten yeas or so, but it would be amazing. Also, if a player has x potential as a left back, but he has the perfect attributes as a attacking midfielder, and you retrain him to that position, his potential should change, no? So many players are clearly in the wrong position, but there is no point in retraining them when you are a top club, because if they suck as a left back, they will suck as an attacking midfielder, because the star rating won't change. Or am I wrong? Would love it if I am wrong, and just haven't found my Henry or Bale yet.

Also, I don't understand the relationship between the star ratings for a position and the key stats for that position. I have a player who has the perfect stats for a deep lying playmaker, I mean 17-19 in virtually every key stat, and really great stats all around as well. But he has 1,5 stars, even though he has much better stats than a player with 3,5 stars. Does that mean that his hidden stats are basically all 1? And if so, why does he play so well? My point is this, if a player has great stats and plays well, how does the scouts and coaches know that he is not very good? It makes absolutely no sense. I see scout reports saying a player is not worth signing, but what I see is a player with great stats who played to a rating of 9.1 in the game he was scouted. So how the hell does my scout know he is really no good? Completely mystifies me. If the scout follows a player over a long time, he can say something about weaknesses, like inability to handle pressure, not enjoying big games, and other hidden attributes. But from a single game? And if a player has never ever buckled under pressure, is basically leading the PL average rating table, how can my coaches say that he is basically crap? I understand strikers can have periods where everything goes in, and goalkeepers can have runs where they make strings of amazing saves that does not reflect their true ability. But as a defender or a midfielder, you will get exposed. And if he is not exposed, how can my coaches tell that he is naked?

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The number of injuries are fine, but the effects of longer injuries 3+ months are all too predictable, and if you get a 7-8 month injury to a world class player, you need to sell him off the moment he is injury free, because he will never be the same. Every single player I have had over 24 years old who has been injured for more than 4 months have had their bright careers shot to pieces. Only young players can recover from injury. If this was the case in real life, nobody in their right mind would sign a player coming back of a longer injury. And yeah, lots of careers are ruined by injuries, but 100% of injured players are not reduced by 25% in terms of ability, which in my experience is the case in the current FM.

Secondly I would like to say something about the fees demanded by medium clubs for young players. In the past versions of FM, where the scouted ability was pretty much absolute, it was perfectly understandable that a club like Atalanta would hold out for an enormous sum for a 4,5 star potential youngster. Because they know he would be a star. But a 16 year old player with 3 yellow stars and 1,5 black stars is so far from a sure thing, that pretty much every club in their right mind would jump on a 10 million pound offer. Nottingham Forest saying "NO!" to an offer of 10 million pounds now and another 5 million after 30 games for a player like this is absolutely ridiculous. Look at Bale, Ox, Zaha, Walcott, Powell, etc. How many of them went for more than that? And were they not considered top tier talent? Championship clubs can't say no to these offers from the big dogs. It is just that simple. The top teams in Europe raid the smaller teams of their young talent all the time, and unless we're talking established first team stars at a very young age, they don't have to pay 20 million pounds or more for them. So instead of making the smaller teams demand ludicrous sums for untested youngsters, make the AI teams interested in promising youngsters and create some real competition for them.

Now for the ME.

Psychic goalkeepers. GK have gotten a lot of stick in this ME for good reasons. But I find that all of them are mind-reading psychics. How so? A shot is blocked 30 cm from the boot of the attacker. What is the goalkeeper doing? He is on the ground in a corner trying to save a shot he would have absolutely no way of knowing the trajectory of. This creates easy goals because the goalkeeper is crawling around in a corner of the net. But more importantly, I think this is part of the reason GK save so many shots from close range. Instant reaction times coupled with instant knowledge of where the shot will go. In real life, a finish at close range from a cross will basically be a goal if the attacker hits anywhere between the sticks, except where the goalkeeper is standing. In many cases, as save that involves moving the arm 30 cm is considered world class. In FM, the goalkeeper can dive into the corner and save a good hard finish from 2 meters. Only possible if you somehow know that that is where the shot will end up even before the attacker shoots. The ball covers the distance in an amount of time that is basically identical to normal reaction times, which means, unless the ball hits the goalie, he won't be saving the shot. Improve other parts of the defense to limit the number of goals please.

Straight legged sliding tackles from behind. You see players in real life getting red cards for this even when they get the ball. In FM, it is absolutely kosher as long as you get the ball. And the number of sliding tackles in the box is pretty ridiculous. There would be 5 penalties pretty much every single game if real players behaved like this. I know defenders can't mark, can't shield the ball, can't cover the shot, can't do anything except tackle, so it has to be this way. But it does look stupid, and it reduces the effectiveness of defending deep. Because there is no way of preventing the ball reaching players inside the box (no marking and no coverage of space), and when he gets the ball, you either make the tackle or concede a big chance. I play extremely possession oriented, even though I would much prefer to play a Diego Simeone style. Simply because it seems to me the only consistently working defensive strategy is to have the ball.

After playing a bit more, for me it really feels like the game is now heavily punishing wide play. I like to play wide formations with pacey wingers, that's how I enjoy to play the game and I'm really getting no enjoyment now because I can't seem to be able to tweak my tactics to get that style to work correctly. I'm having to force the tactics to actually keep the wide players wide (otherwise they're just sitting narrow) but what's happening now is that just creates gaps in central areas that are easily exploited by the AI. Coming up against narrow tactics is a nightmare because the only option I have now is to play ultra defensively, hope I don't concede and pray on my knees that if I do get a counter my forwards can beat the new Mr Fantastic style goalkeepers.

GK slow to react to rebound from post/crossbar is still a bit slow, but does seem vastly improved from previous versions. On the other hand, has anyone else noticed that the keepers especailly CPU seem to react BEFORE the shot is even in the air? It's almost like they preempt the shot, maybe the reaction time for shot stopping is slightly overboard ?

I noticed that too. It should be an animation issue. They dive too early (sometimes even before the shot like you said) if they have to save a shot that goes straight to the corner.

probably been mentioned, but is there any plans to sort out player happiness? the amount of unhappy players I have is heading into double figures as most of my fringe/ back up players are demanding first team football. ive found myself constantly putting out fires when dealing with players this version.

also the lack of goals scored from corners is annoying. I appreciate that it has been silly in previous version with different corner tricks, but I feel it has gone too far the other way now.

The thing with finishing is that there seems to be an increase in players hitting easy chances straight at the keeper and the ball just hitting the keeper rather than actually making a save. However I guess it's hardly conclusive. In this clip Oxlaide Chamberlain with finishing 11 and composure 11 slots one away neatly whilst immediately afterwards Podolski with finishing 20 and Composure 19 smacks the ball straight at the back of the keepers head which he wasn't doing pre patch. Mind you he later belts one in from 25 yards at quite an angle so I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

I also checked out some of the missed "shots" and a few of those are headers either tamely wide or over the bar but I guess if it is falling to a player with poor heading stats then that's acceptable as headed goals aren't overly common in comparison.

Interestingly I played Reading with an attacking strategy and couldn't find a way through, changed to standard and suddenly we finished our chances. Assume attacking may kick up the tempo and players may rush their chances is a possible reason behind missing CCC's?

Chances video here anyway : Not sure how to post it direct to this thread?

http://youtu.be/lBHAp3C-y2o

The Podolski chance happens a lot IRL too doesn't it? He volleyed the shot and didn't really have time to aim, and the keeper managed to block it.

On the other hand I've seen truly CCC's where the forward dribbles past the defender and is one on one with the keeper in the box, takes a shot, and the keeper starts diving before the shot even left the player's foot. Someone mentioned it could be just an animation issue which is possible, and I'll need to test further to see if it's an issue but I'd thought SI would be interested in the feedback.

The Podolski chance happens a lot IRL too doesn't it? He volleyed the shot and didn't really have time to aim, and the keeper managed to block it.

Twice? Unmarked? Inside the goal area?

btw, the way Gibbs loses possession inside his own area... If I was the manager, I'd kill him! :)

Humour was intentional.

Clearly this has done nothing of the sort. I'll use a 'sarcasm' tag next time.

You might have to. Sarcasm has to be pretty over the top to counter some of the actual comments about the game being unplayable. Like lack of 3D kits rendering the game unplayable. Its an annoyance, not a game-breaker.

On the other hand I've seen truly CCC's where the forward dribbles past the defender and is one on one with the keeper in the box, takes a shot, and the keeper starts diving before the shot even left the player's foot. Someone mentioned it could be just an animation issue which is possible, and I'll need to test further to see if it's an issue but I'd thought SI would be interested in the feedback.

Yeah guess so but it's the way it hits the keeper on the back of the head that probably makes it look such a bad miss.

To be fair there are some bizarre goals each side. Had another from Carroll when he just boots a poor free kick from their keeper into the net from the half way line with the keeper plodding back, (about the 5th or 6th I have seen) and just now through ball to Sakho, keeper comes out and kicks it straight at Sakho and it rebounds straight from his face into the back of the net. Nice celebration considering he must have been concussed!!! So swings and roundabouts.

Set pieces are extremely poor though. Has anyone actually scored from a corner? and every free kick being blasted over the bar is getting frustrating especially with a taker with 17 for free kicks.

My only problem is that every player I want to sign is apparently worth £81m to the team in question. I don't recall this being the quoted value of many players on the news and ****. Anyway, apart from that, really not a lot bothering me about the game.

Apart from, in 2029, I got about fifty agents sacked. Literally. I just have to snap my fingers and an agent gets sacked.

In the real World the lower down the football pyramid you go the more goals are scored per game. I've never seen FM replicate this.

Also some of the gripes people have is ludicrous. You'd think they were complaints from a rival, except there isn't one. ;)

It's good game but not perfect. In fact it's always going to be that way.

How weird, in one of my saves, no matter what skin I choose - including the official one - there is no sidebar at all. All the options are along the top, but yet if I load up another save, it's there again.

The save I tried is one I've not loaded since the beta, so it could be that I suppose, no idea how that's even possible though.

Something needs to be done about player happiness. Once again I have a 20 year old moaning about a short career and a lack of first team football. He has played 10 games. Then this issue that was in FM14 where it seems incredibly difficult to find a back up Goalkeeper. Clubs IRL have them, they can sit on the bench for years but in FM it is tough to find one.

Jussi retired so I got in Viktor Noring on loan. However 3 months later he wants to leave because of no football. I let him go and manage to persuade Arthur Boruc to join as back up, the only one I could find. Two players are up for sale so I will have the funds. Just prior to deadline day one transfer falls through as the other Club can't afford it and I can't give the other fella away. Thus meaning I cannot now afford the Boruc transfer and can't adjust my budget so I am left with two players I don't want and a youth team keeper as reserve.

Ok maybe I should have dealt with finances better but at the same time it's a squad game and yet no player seems happy to just be part of a squad. If they aren't playing well and you change squad status they have a hissy fit. Very difficult to keep players happy.

Something needs to be done about player happiness. Once again I have a 20 year old moaning about a short career and a lack of first team football. He has played 10 games. Then this issue that was in FM14 where it seems incredibly difficult to find a back up Goalkeeper. Clubs IRL have them, they can sit on the bench for years but in FM it is tough to find one.

Jussi retired so I got in Viktor Noring on loan. However 3 months later he wants to leave because of no football. I let him go and manage to persuade Arthur Boruc to join as back up, the only one I could find. Two players are up for sale so I will have the funds. Just prior to deadline day one transfer falls through as the other Club can't afford it and I can't give the other fella away. Thus meaning I cannot now afford the Boruc transfer and can't adjust my budget so I am left with two players I don't want and a youth team keeper as reserve.

Ok maybe I should have dealt with finances better but at the same time it's a squad game and yet no player seems happy to just be part of a squad. If they aren't playing well and you change squad status they have a hissy fit. Very difficult to keep players happy.

To me, player interaction and morale management in general is far from realistic and enjoyable. SI probably view it as fine since it's rarely mentioned in their fixes, but I just don't think it works very well.

I love this version of the game and think it's the best match engine so far. The patches were definitely an improvement. I do have two suggestions:

- goalkeepers went from terrible in the original game to superhuman in the new patch. They needed some love but I think SI went a little too far now. Strikers are missing ridiculously easy chances because goalkeepers seem prescient and with superhuman agility. I think that needs to be toned down a little bit.

- players complaining about lack of football. I think it happens way too often, even with players who shouldn't expect to get a lot of play as their status is backup or rotation. It's pretty much impossible to keep a backup goalkeeper happy. I get that players are ambitious and want to play but the frequency is a bit too high in my opinion. Also there should be more options for the player talk in this case. Like "I didn't play you because your match fitness was terrible and the last two times I played you anyway you got injured" or "I will kick you in the groins if you keep complaining because I didn't play you in the friendly against Met Police"

Still the silly issue of players moaning about wanting to leave when a club hasn't made a bid or any real interest. It's such a bad addition. My star striker who I do expect would want to play for a bigger club etc is moaning when West Ham who are the interested club in the Prem. But they've made no bid, no news item saying there manager is interested just "interested club - West Ham".

Still the silly issue of players moaning about wanting to leave when a club hasn't made a bid or any real interest. It's such a bad addition. My star striker who I do expect would want to play for a bigger club etc is moaning when West Ham who are the interested club in the Prem. But they've made no bid, no news item saying there manager is interested just "interested club - West Ham".

He is giving you an early warning he will want out if they come in for him. If you tell him you will accept IF they come in then he will be happy. If they don't bid then he usually comes back and says since they made no bid then he is happy to stay.

It's not complaining as such, It is him warning you so you don't reject a bid and get an unhappy player

I am really curious how come after playing more than 1.5 season, I have yet to deal with an unhappy player because either he wants to leave, or because I sold somebody, or because of lack of first team football. There must be something that I am doing that is preventing these from happening. So far, I did sell some players, I did manage to keep my star players by signing a new contract, when some upper division teams were interested in them. I also have a lot of players in my squad who got very limited playing time so far, but never complained.

This is with 2 different teams by the way. 1.5 season with one team, and half a season with another.

I am really curious how come after playing more than 1.5 season, I have yet to deal with an unhappy player because either he wants to leave, or because I sold somebody, or because of lack of first team football. There must be something that I am doing that is preventing these from happening. So far, I did sell some players, I did manage to keep my star players by signing a new contract, when some upper division teams were interested in them. I also have a lot of players in my squad who got very limited playing time so far, but never complained.

This is with 2 different teams by the way. 1.5 season with one team, and half a season with another.

It will be connected to their professionalism and loyalty stats plus temperament and ambition, at least that’s my guess. It seems to me that some work has gone into this area because while individuals may complain if handled well then it doesn’t seem to have massive knock on effect to the rest of the team. I had a meeting with three players earlier today who were complaining that I was being unfair to another player for not playing him. I just told them that if he played then somebody else (hint hint) would lose their place to make way for him, that lead to “oh we hadn’t thought of that”, conversation over, rebellion over.

Archived