Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

I've never read such hyperbole in ages :rolleyes:

To be factually correct, you should have written: "I haven't read this exact, same hyperbole, for one whole week".

Again, let's not wander down this damp smelling corridor of perpetual bickering again please. The position has been made explicitly clear on a number of occasions, and it simply does not need to be reinforced every single day.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As per usual from you, that is utter nonsense. Hyperbolic raving influenced by what's been posted on here rather than any tangible personal experience. At least you're consistent.

The users who are experiencing such big scores and ease of victory aren't achieving this simply by playing a certain formation with a certain mentality, there will a lot more to it than that, subtlety far beyond your comprehension (with perhaps an exploit of the engine itself somewhere, natch)

If I played a pressing, attacking 4-1-2-3 formation in my Hereford save in the league I'm in just now for example, I'd get destroyed, and rightly so.

That said, the game does tend to be easier than previous versions, although I've seen plenty people post about how they are struggling, and there's been some online streams by experienced users who aren't getting to grips with it. I guess the bottom line is there are still exploits prevelant in the game, and disappointingly more so than in FM14. Hopefully the final update goes some way to address this, although it's hardly gamebreaking for most users.

Yeah there's a bit more to it than playing an attacking formation but if you have half-decent attackers then a high pressing, attacking game with a False 9 and a Ramdauter pretty much guarantees you wins. I won the Premier League in my first season after being promoted with Norwich FFS. The game definitely feels a little bit too easy. I can get Memphis Depay to score a minimum of 25 league goals a season from out wide whilst he's still 20 years old. Josh Murphy got 26 in the Championship for me.

Oh and if you have a really good player, well then you can do this... (I took over RM after winning the league with Wolfsburg in my first season)

2n8ylmq.jpg

I won the Premier League in my first season after being promoted with Norwich FFS. The game definitely feels a little bit too easy. I can get Memphis Depay to score a minimum of 25 league goals a season from out wide whilst he's still 20 years old. Josh Murphy got 26 in the Championship for me.

Care to post your roles and duties? I don't know if this is interrelated, but to me it's obvious that neither the AI (nor many a human player due to lack of documentation and this sudden shift) can handle the way in which a pick in duties determines defensive behavior, namely whether advanced players track back alongside play or not. Within most setups, which go by 2 centre mids, 2 centre backs and no half back dropping in between the latter when going forward, the popular combo of having both an AMC on attack duty and a FWD on attack duty will cause soft goals (directly and indirectly), as those players will just stay forward whilst the rest of the team is defending, right in the hole in between defense and midfield, where they perfectly link when the clearance comes their way. You'd be forced to field three centre backs, keep the full backs at bay or possibly field a half back to adress this, a DM anchor type won't do. The AI on occasion fields such combinations too, one particularly horrific has it fielding a wide diamond midfield with the AMC and forwards on attack duty, with the DM forced to cover central space in front of goal as nobody centrally tracks back, whilst there's three players staying upfield in between the hole ready for the counter attack. And it doesn't react to it either. With that in mind, there's likely a reason for all these download tactics that have three forwards on attack duty. It's not logically sound and in real football would be simply addressed by a manager keeping more men back, but then the crazy arrow tactics of yesteryore weren't either and relied on the AI not being able to cope with the managers being able to cause wildly creative team shapes.

In terms of AI, I don't know if this ever happens, but a simple switch in duty during a match, such as it putting an AMC that used to be on a support duty on attack, can turn the opponent's defense into a minefield right there -- possible connections to reported miracle comebacks? For what it's worth, on my current save my team averages more than 40% clean sheets half way through the season, but I field a 4-1-4-1 DM setup with one full back encouraged to stay back most of the time (if I simply want to see out a lead, I frequently switch both Fbs to defend duty and in effect make them stay back). As it is, I'd encourage SI to either put common sense in player positioning, namely stopping the players from being "robots" in this case and noticing to sensible degrees when they're getting seriously undermanned, caught out of position or outnumbered and addressing it themselves, or to introduce at least an assistant who does that (otherwise the part of the player base who doesn't watch every match in full may always suffer a soft goal or two or three, and human vs. human matches may turn into microtweaking fests such as "who can let the right number of players stay upfront to just about unsettle the opposition at any given time whilst still remaining defensively halfway solid?"). Or reverting such behavior to where it used to be. It is evident in high scoring AI games that it has problems with that to, some teams less, some more, which is no surprise as the tactics utilized by any team relate to the AI manager in charge and its preferences in the database. If you insisted on playing rampaging full backs and all that against a team playing two forwards, that'd be something different and should be punished, though previously one of them used to track back when defending by default rather than staying forward as by your command. This is different.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Korea MMO should this iteration be the core of the match sim for that one too once the players notice that they in effect can determine who defends and who doesn't at any given minute. I'm anticipating a numbers game.

[video=youtube;0pAdkYyL_00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pAdkYyL_00

It's the easiest FM in history i think, i won with Barcelona in 4 years any trophy possible bar losing the UCL against Liverpool on penalties, while scoring incredible ammounts of goals inthe league, also having a 60 game undefeated streak, won every match against Real Madrid very easily, thrashing them with almost every occasion.

I stopped after my 4th season when i joined Bayern and the same thing was happening, because it felt like i was cheating, no fun, no anything, almost every match i scored around 4-5 goals, won even by 10-0, a complete joke. I'll post some screens:

LIGA_BBVA_Overview_Stages.png

LIGA_BBVA_Overview_Stages_2.png

LIGA_BBVA_Overview_Stages_4.png

1. Far too many injuries on my save, getting at least three players per game getting knocks or injuries requiring a sub. Unreal.

2. Defenders are non existent and play completely lost, do not pick up players despite instruction and will routinely watch a striker or a free ball in the box ad will not close down. Keeper also will stick to the center of the goal regardless. Any striker who tries a near post finish will score.

Maybe, just maybe, it would be harder if you didn't elect to manage two of the strongest teams in world football?

Did you miss the bit in my post about winning the league with Wolfsburg first season and the Premier league with Norwich straight after promotion?

Here's another couple examples from two consecutive matches how fielding the popular AMC/A FWD/A combo and similar alongside a flat midfield (such as in the 4-2-3-1 Denmark) is responsible for goals, both directly and indirectly. Schalke=human player, us, standard mentality, no further instructions. Rest of the teams, all AI managed. In one of those, the duty structuring of the AMC and FWD player was directly responsible for 2/3 of all goals scored. Naturally, as the AI cannot apply the duties correctly too on occasion, this translates to other formations too who are wrecked by the wrong combinations of duties (most apparently the 4-4-2 wide diamond which makes the AI on occasion put 3 players on attack duty who won't track back and just stay forward). These also show that on occasion you don't get to see it all on highlights, in particular the indirect implications of fielding sides in such a way.

The more obvious direct way, as seen above:

Clearance to the players who stay high up the pitch and who can perfectly link due to their positioning, through ball (the AMC you field tends to be one of the better players for that anyway), counter attack, goal.

[video=youtube;0Jtsm-aAR-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtsm-aAR-k

The indirect ways:

The same clearance scenario (does anybody sense a pattern yet?), this time not resulting direclty in a goal, but rest assured, the Hunter didn't bottle what followed next... Each of these common breaks can result in either a goal directly, a set piece, an early bath and sending off, and we're encouraging but two players to stay upfield (you can have up to six, and the AI occasionally has three, as argued).

[video=youtube;g4NYsAyCH0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4NYsAyCH0w

This is a little more sublte. Lahm takes a throw, the ball reaches Schweinsteiger in central midfield. As typical with such a set-up, the centre mids end up being overwhelmed, or risk such. Both the central midfielders start monitoring Schweinsteiger and close him down. As none of the two "attack players" has bothered to track back due to their duty, Gaudino who thus is not picked up by anyone, (16) is able to utilize the vast central space in front of his from deep, shoots, parried, corner...

l4xLBcn.jpg

[video=youtube;9mDb7lqWHi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDb7lqWHi8

This was the crucial early lead, and goals in FM carry multiple implications: 1) typlically the leading team takes it a bit more cautiously (the AI does anyway), 2) the side scored typically sees a motivation boost unless it's prone to become complacent depending on personality, and vice versa for the side that has just conceded. I'm not arguing these to be the sole cause for the occasional inflated scoreline (nor exploit tactics and difficulty perceived as being too lowly). Freak results happen in football so they should in the game. However after haven taken a look at what AI managers field on occasion, and ditto humans and their occasionally ridiculously high scoring campaigns (a 4-2-3-1 with the aforementioned players on attack duties can do the trick already), this needs to be seriously seriously looked at. At the very very least, the attacking side needs to actually monitor the players who stay high, rather granting them space, like the most defensive midfielder monitoring both rather than pushing up ahead of them.

Did you miss the bit in my post about winning the league with Wolfsburg first season and the Premier league with Norwich straight after promotion?

What were your roles and duties like then?

Care to post your roles and duties? I don't know if this is interrelated, but to me it's obvious that neither the AI (nor many a human player due to lack of documentation and this sudden shift) can handle the way in which a pick in duties determines defensive behavior, namely whether advanced players track back alongside play or not. Within most setups, which go by 2 centre mids, 2 centre backs and no half back dropping in between the latter when going forward, the popular combo of having both an AMC on attack duty and a FWD on attack duty will cause soft goals (directly and indirectly), as those players will just stay forward whilst the rest of the team is defending, right in the hole in between defense and midfield, where they perfectly link when the clearance comes their way. You'd be forced to field three centre backs, keep the full backs at bay or possibly field a half back to adress this, a DM anchor type won't do. The AI on occasion fields such combinations too, one particularly horrific has it fielding a wide diamond midfield with the AMC and forwards on attack duty, with the DM forced to cover central space in front of goal as nobody centrally tracks back, whilst there's three players staying upfield in between the hole ready for the counter attack. And it doesn't react to it either. With that in mind, there's likely a reason for all these download tactics that have three forwards on attack duty. It's not logically sound and in real football would be simply addressed by a manager keeping more men back, but then the crazy arrow tactics of yesteryore weren't either and relied on the AI not being able to cope with the managers being able to cause wildly creative team shapes.

In terms of AI, I don't know if this ever happens, but a simple switch in duty during a match, such as it putting an AMC that used to be on a support duty on attack, can turn the opponent's defense into a minefield right there -- possible connections to reported miracle comebacks? For what it's worth, on my current save my team averages more than 40% clean sheets half way through the season, but I field a 4-1-4-1 DM setup with one full back encouraged to stay back most of the time (if I simply want to see out a lead, I frequently switch both Fbs to defend duty and in effect make them stay back). As it is, I'd encourage SI to either put common sense in player positioning, namely stopping the players from being "robots" in this case and noticing to sensible degrees when they're getting seriously undermanned, caught out of position or outnumbered and addressing it themselves, or to introduce at least an assistant who does that (otherwise the part of the player base who doesn't watch every match in full may always suffer a soft goal or two or three, and human vs. human matches may turn into microtweaking fests such as "who can let the right number of players stay upfront to just about unsettle the opposition at any given time whilst still remaining defensively halfway solid?"). Or reverting such behavior to where it used to be. It is evident in high scoring AI games that it has problems with that to, some teams less, some more, which is no surprise as the tactics utilized by any team relate to the AI manager in charge and its preferences in the database. If you insisted on playing rampaging full backs and all that against a team playing two forwards, that'd be something different and should be punished, though previously one of them used to track back when defending by default rather than staying forward as by your command. This is different.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Korea MMO should this iteration be the core of the match sim for that one too once the players notice that they in effect can determine who defends and who doesn't at any given minute. I'm anticipating a numbers game.

[video=youtube;0pAdkYyL_00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pAdkYyL_00

let's hope SI are reading here and are aware of this big issue. from real life perspective all the AM should track back (even Ronaldo tracks backs mostly). the amount of AM strat tracking back should depend on Role and Team Mentality setup. something like this:

All out attack tactics: doesn't track back

More Attacking + Attack duties: tracks back depending on opposition (for example winger tracks back as much as opposition fullback goes forward)

More Attacking + Support duties: tracks back and helps team mates defend

More Defensive + Attack duties: tracks back and helps team mates defend

More Defensive + Support duties: deeper positioning for one strata and helps team mates defend

top represetantion scenc!!

Just starting a new season and my board are redeveloping one of the stands. I just wanted to say that I love the fact that one stand is closed - I think I remember this in past versions but it looks really cool.

Only thing is that in the stands adjacent to the hoardings there are spectators who clearly can't see any of the pitch bar the corner flag in front of them. I'm sure certain chairman would be happy to keep those seats open for the money but I'd be surprised if people sat there!

Where should i put my opinion about league menu interface? In last versions we had sub-menu for each level of competition so if we have i.e. 15 leagues in level 5 we have only 1 line and when sub-menu is shown we can see that 15 leagues list.

In FM15 we have all leagues one by one and if we have big league system, list of that competition is huge. Its not good "for eye" because we need to scroll to the bottom of the list. I.e i have 25 county cups and now all that comps are on 1 list.

Very bad option for FM15. I dont know who make this kind of decisions but he didnt thought about this problem

Has there been any official comment on the issues with goalkeepers conceding corners by catching crosses and shots and walking or sliding out of play? A cross will come in across the face of goal, completely unthreatening, and the keeper will catch it and step out of play. Equally commonly, keepers will dive to save shots that aren't close to being on target or crosses that are going out of play. The keeper will either tip them out for a corner or parry the ball back into a dangerous position.

Edit: Also extremely frustrated with players standing around thinking "BOY AM I CONFUSED I USED TO HAVE THE BALL AND NOW I DO NOT I WONDER WHERE IT WENT" after they get tackled. I'm watching Alexis Sanchez get nudged off the ball in the penalty area and stand in place for about eight seconds without moving - the ball still hasn't been cleared, it's just sitting next to him while Sunderland players mill around bumping into one another. I accept that to some extent these are animation issues but jesus it's frustrating. Also with passes being considered as From Player A to Player B no matter what path the pass actually takes. It's quite strange to watch a player make a forward run, a pass intended to find them being hit well behind the player, and the player checking their run and coming back to pick the ball up when there was actually a third player who actually looked like the natural recipient of the pass. Gotze, Ramsey and Wilshere are all in a more or less straight line across the pitch. Wilshere has the ball. Gotze makes a forward run. Wilshere doesn't have a particularly good angle to pick out the run. Wilshere's pass is hit behind Gotze's run toward Ramsey. Ramsey doesn't move. Gotze checks his run and runs back to the ball. Ramsey makes a forward run, but Gotze is now tightly marked and either loses the ball or plays it backwards. This basic sequence happens about three times a game, every game, on Comprehensive.

l

All out attack tactics: doesn't track back

More Attacking + Attack duties: tracks back depending on opposition (for example winger tracks back as much as opposition fullback goes forward)

More Attacking + Support duties: tracks back and helps team mates defend

More Defensive + Attack duties: tracks back and helps team mates defend

More Defensive + Support duties: deeper positioning for one strata and helps team mates defend

It's been reported, and has already been under review apparently. Still trying to post here in the hopes that someone with extraordinary scorelines and results would chime in, but upon personal enquiry I didn't get any answer so far, see above. That said, there is actually a modicum of an overlap with the mentalities and team shapes. The more defensive the mentalities, the more likely there is at least some tracking back of attack duty AMCs (also coupled with the very fluid team shape). However, counter included and onwards is already about the breaking point. Such as here, against an AI employing 3 at the back, and no holding midfielder resulting in a gaping hole every single time the AI goes forward. The attack duty AMC and forward sit in such comfortably, also resulting in a situation which indirectly leads to a goal...

4V5OiYj.jpg

SXfFj8Z.jpg

[video=youtube;Xg8EykH0bZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg8EykH0bZY

(as an ado, the AI's two forwards in yellow staying upfield accordingly to the AI's pick in forward duties -- they're both on attack).

tkubJ3V.jpg

And containing outright and going with a more structured shape equally results in this each time the opposition goes forward, exact same formation and role and duty structuring of the AI, as evident (this stuff is actually being utilized in the game -- the 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 with both the AMC and FWD on attack duty isn't solely being utilized by players either.) I didn't notice as I didn't use such combinations myself, and in the league's I've been playing in so far you typically see no teams employing 5-3-2-WB formations, where it would have been so blatantly in your face obvious.

QuG8WWJ.jpg

It makes perfect sense now that so many are on more attacking mentalities however, as they lend itself to the abusing of duties (whether players actually notice or just trial&error, who knows). I have now idea when this was reworked this much nor why it was done. It isn't intuitive anyway (but then the underlying "mentality" mechanism wasn't either), and neither the AI tactical decision making nor the human player can cope with it. Additionally this is not how top class football is being played.

There's more: The AI 4-3-1-2 (AMC plus both forwards on attack duty.) A truly hideous little thingy: don't react to it and you may be done for unless you manage to take advantage of three players just parking the bus, that is on the wrong end of the pitch (I doubt the AI does itself, and it may be no coincidence that Hoffenheim currently both compete for the top spots in goals scored as well as conceded. Actually, they do compete for both in any save I have so far).

DbSmp6U.jpg

And last not least the most curious case of Club Atletico Banfield from Argentina, consistently averaging scorelines not many would associate with association football. Whether that is because their manager on occasion would encourage 4 players to just stay upfield in his prefered 3-4-3 Diamond Wide formation by assigning attack duties to all of his advanced players I do not know.

hTVGL78.jpg

ipB4YoN.jpg

@Svenc

One of the main issues in regards to trying to create any consistency tactically, will be thrown off balance due to the interpretation of the 'Counter Attack' box that seems to be clicked in most of the strategies....

But I am one that is enjoying your posts ;) - you are showing parts of the game that could use a little enlightenment, so good on you. Have you taken a look at the Closing Down issues in any of the games you are playing - the contrasts between Press More and Stand Off... I hate to open a can of worms, but I think if you haven't taken a look yet - it might be interesting to hear your take on it...

I'm really struggling with tutoring. My squad harmony is 100%, yet I'm having players reject tutors or pupils a significant percentage of the time. I'm also finding that I can't sign players as tutors; both Andrea Pirlo and Roberto Soldado, despite having First Team statuses, are considered to have insufficient squad status to act as tutors. Andrea Pirlo. Isn't important enough to be a tutor.

One increasing aggravation I'm having with the ME is repeated goals from FKs where the ball hits the woodwork or the keeper just spills it in front of the net, and attackers are there to put in an easy rebound. I probably see a good 20 goals like this per season.

Played 1300 hours in 2014. Not the best game, hard like hell for me. I'm not so good.

Played one week in 2015. Enough. Really (REALLY) too easy. Once you find the tactic, it's all over.

With my Honved i played 25 match without losing, winning 23. Sometimes 7/8 to 0/1. People like Ayub Daud (winger) scoring 4-5 goals in a match.

No fun, nothing. I thought that buying the game in january prevent me from the absurd ultrabetatesting. I was wrong.

Sad to say, maybe it's time to say enough. And it's incredibly sad - i played 10 editions in a raw, and before i bought my first PC just for CM.

I know that someone will say that it's not like that, but this is my experience. Terrible.

@Svenc

One of the main issues in regards to trying to create any consistency tactically, will be thrown off balance due to the interpretation of the 'Counter Attack' box that seems to be clicked in most of the strategies....

But I am one that is enjoying your posts ;) - you are showing parts of the game that could use a little enlightenment, so good on you. Have you taken a look at the Closing Down issues in any of the games you are playing - the contrasts between Press More and Stand Off... I hate to open a can of worms, but I think if you haven't taken a look yet - it might be interesting to hear your take on it...

Sven's posts are always ones to watch :thup:

Playing a defensive 4-4-2 as Liverpool and last 3 games have been 7-1, 0-0, 7-4.

Playing a defensive mentality doesn't mean teams can't score.

In fact I've raised the point a few times that some of the mentalities are badly worded and give a false impression.

In terms of defence it encourages your team to get men behind the ball & play narrower while going forwards it encourages safe passes keeping possession as much as they can but clearing the ball if they find themselves under pressure.

Playing a defensive mentality doesn't mean teams can't score.

In fact I've raised the point a few times that some of the mentalities are badly worded and give a false impression.

In terms of defence it encourages your team to get men behind the ball & play narrower while going forwards it encourages safe passes keeping possession as much as they can but clearing the ball if they find themselves under pressure.

Oh well that solves everything. Thank you handy helper.

RE: unrealistic scores and crazy AI.

EPL, second game of the season. I (Fulham) am playing at Old Trafford. Man Utd formation: 4-1-2-1-2 narrow. My tactic: 4-2-3-1 control. Not a wise choice, I guess, in fact I'm down 3-0 at half time. But then, the weirdest thing happens: Van Gaal changes to a crazy attacking 3-3-4 with Robin Van Persie as central defender! Final result: Manchester United 6 Fulham 3.

This doesn't make much sense, does it? I know Van Gaal is unpredictable, but he's not stupid. You're comfortably leading at half-time against a weaker, newly-promoted team and you tell your guys to go all out attack?

Another example: previous season, Championship, Fulham vs Derby at Craven Cottage. 1st vs 2nd. Derby manager opts for a 4-5-1 flat. I hate that formation, it's so hard to beat! But anyway, I know my enemy and score an early goal. Derby immediately change to 4-2-4. 80 minutes later... Fulham 5 Derby 1.

If every AI manager acts this way, it's pretty pointless to blame human managers for their unrealistically attacking tactics... Maybe there are too many goals, but if you watch single matches (AI vs AI, Human vs AI) you ask yourself why they didn't end like 5-3... Every single time... The problem isn't "too many goals", but too many shots/attacking plays.

I still believe defending positioning, defending set pieces and ball possession need to be improved, but maybe that's not enough. Maybe certain ultra-attacking and ultra-defensive tactics/formations shouldn't be available as "default", but only coupled with certain mentalities. Or maybe, only in certain situations (like two extra slots for tactics, one "park the bus" and one "gung-ho", that can be only be used in the last 20 minutes of every match).

Sounds pretty wild in terms of tactical choices. Can you upload these matches as pkm sirgiorio? :-)

Would be useful/interesting if people looked at blatantly obvious high scoring sides in their league, open an individual high scoring result, save a pkm, go into the main menu, click "watch match", load the pkm and post the formation / roles / duties. Cagliari Calcio in Serie A are another side that frequently uses a 4-3-3 (all forwards on attack) which is reflected in the results. And where are all these players who just recently right here claimed the game to be far too easy now? There input would also be very insightful. As argued, to me it's clear by now anyway that a healthy chunk of fishy defending and additional goals is down to the fact that AMC/as and FWD/as don't track back. Central midfields tend to get overwhelmed when defending with no one tracking back centrally, and every such player will find a huge amount of space every time the break occurs. AI teams rather regularly have two of such attacking players -- in two forward formations it is both the FWDs on attack duty, and in 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 it can be the FWD/A and AMC/a, as in many human player tactics. With some tactics, as documented, even the AI will have more than two players who won't defend and aren't monitored any when the opposition attacks (possibly four on occasion, see my last post and the team from Argentina). Mr. Hough probably knows or at least senses why three forwards/attack are the core of his plug'n'play tactics of choice. At least I know now that my initial impression of how it could be much harder to defend in some matches wasn't just skewed perception. If this is patched, those tactics will be done for very likely, and the AMRs and AMLs which used to operate the same have already been patched a month ago. As that credo goes, patches never destroy football logics, but as it is, parts of the ME or at least tactical inputs currently don't replicate football very well.

Does anybody remember how this used to be by FM 2014? If the intent was to allow more freedom on this and a simple re-set to where this used to be isn't feasible -- why wouldn't a side have say two players stay upfield whilst defending -- then the way teams in possession operate would likely need an overhaul, and the AI made aware of the changes too. As it stands, it appears to operate as usual.

[video=youtube;nQwRa6VEs2w]nQwRa6VEs2w

Surprisingly, this is from FM 2012, which is the oldest iteration I have still installed... This is something only Paul Collyer can address, but from guessing in between versions the bias slowly must have shifted towards attacking players. Tweaked decision making, tweaked off the ball movement, different ball physics, etc. as I frequently see such breaks still being crowded out on FM 2012 and coming to nothing at all, and the clearance and delivery probably isn't as good either. Still, those are unrealistic defending shapes, in particular the latter which would have been likely a default high scoring game in FM 2015, but actually was a measly 2-1 on FM 2012.

H4igir7.jpg

qaWnrdD.jpg

My possession rates tend to drop from something like 65% to 55% in the last 15 minutes. The only change I made was lowering the tempo and removing Pass into space. Looks kinda strange, since removing these two instructions should help keeping the ball. I am playing against way weaker opposition.

Can someone explain to me how is possible for a key player to get angry when i sell a youth player with no future or a player i loaned out 4 seasons in a row, it's like all of a sudden i sold Messi. This is unbearable.

My possession rates tend to drop from something like 65% to 55% in the last 15 minutes. The only change I made was lowering the tempo and removing Pass into space. Looks kinda strange, since removing these two instructions should help keeping the ball. I am playing against way weaker opposition.

there is another team on the pitch as well. if they are down they are most likely try that last push before the end of the game (same thing you'd do if you were don, right?) and that might be part of the answer why your posession goes down.

I am into the game now and playing through a good career save (as detailed in my thread in the Careers part of this forum :D).

There is one gripe I do have, however. It is not game breaking, but it is highly annoying.

I recently became manager of Vitesse in Holland. The squad were bloated so I set about getting rid of a lot of deadwood. In short, both in the summer transfer window when I was appointed, plus the January transfer window, I have sold eleven players for transfer fees (and released many more). Of these elven, five have caused ructions in the squad. Five. All eleven were sold because there were at least two players ahead of them in the pecking order, usually more. The players morale then slumps, I have been forced to hold three players meetings where they mouth off at me and reuse to accept what I say. As a result, my job is under pressure.

As an example, have a look at this player. One star ability, one and a half star potential. This guy has five players ahead of him in the pecking order. Let's be frank, he is not good enough and never will be. I was delighted I got a fee for him. The players went mental when he left. This needs correcting.

This feature in the game is too overbearing and needs cutting back. I would understand entirely if I sold a promising youngster, or a first team player without any apparent reason, but five times out of eleven transfers when all eleven will never be good enough for the first team?

ZpXMbi.png

there is another team on the pitch as well. if they are down they are most likely try that last push before the end of the game (same thing you'd do if you were don, right?) and that might be part of the answer why your posession goes down.

Yes, but I'd expect my team to at least sometimes keep the ball in relatively same percentage, although almost every time possession percentage drops in the last ten minutes. Even when the game is over at the half time (eg. 5-0).

I am into the game now and playing through a good career save (as detailed in my thread in the Careers part of this forum :D).

There is one gripe I do have, however. It is not game breaking, but it is highly annoying.

I recently became manager of Vitesse in Holland. The squad were bloated so I set about getting rid of a lot of deadwood. In short, both in the summer transfer window when I was appointed, plus the January transfer window, I have sold eleven players for transfer fees (and released many more). Of these elven, five have caused ructions in the squad. Five. All eleven were sold because there were at least two players ahead of them in the pecking order, usually more. The players morale then slumps, I have been forced to hold three players meetings where they mouth off at me and reuse to accept what I say. As a result, my job is under pressure.

As an example, have a look at this player. One star ability, one and a half star potential. This guy has five players ahead of him in the pecking order. Let's be frank, he is not good enough and never will be. I was delighted I got a fee for him. The players went mental when he left. This needs correcting.

This feature in the game is too overbearing and needs cutting back. I would understand entirely if I sold a promising youngster, or a first team player without any apparent reason, but five times out of eleven transfers when all eleven will never be good enough for the first team?

ZpXMbi.png

Based on that screenshot, he could have a CA as high as 2 stars already with a PA as high as 4.5 stars. That's potentially pretty good and what I would define as a promising youngster.

Based on that screenshot, he could have a CA as high as 2 stars already with a PA as high as 4.5 stars. That's potentially pretty good and what I would define as a promising youngster.

Say you are right (I don't think you are by the way), that still doesn't explain how often my authority is challenged.

Say you are right (I don't think you are by the way)
That screenshot shows it so you can't possibly think otherwise?

What's your reputation? I wonder if it's related to that. Could be that you don't have any authority because your rep is too low?

That screenshot shows it so you can't possibly think otherwise?

What's your reputation? I wonder if it's related to that. Could be that you don't have any authority because your rep is too low?

My reputation is Continental. I started as Sunday League in the lowest division in Iceland and have moved clubs when offered new jobs. I am playing a career game so unlikely I would be offered a job if not ready for it.

Archived