Unable to change kit colour

Blue 4 Life

Hello all,

This is my first post and the reason my username is Blue 4 Life is because I'm a Cardiff fan (and I'll always be blue). As I'm sure most of you are aware, Cardiff were rebranded to red. I am against this and I simply can't play FM15 with Cardiff in red.

I have gone on the editor, changed Cardiff's colours to blue and started a new game. Unfortunately, it seems although it recognises I have made changes so the possession bar for example is blue instead of red, my team are still wearing the red kit. My game then gets confused when playng home to a team like Middlesbrough or Rotherham who wear red because it thinks I'm in blue, but I'm not and both teams are wearing red!

I'm hoping I have simply done something wrong. I went on the editor, keyed in Cardiff and simply changed the colours from red to blue and saved it. I then loaded the editor into my newly created game. The navigation bars were in blue instead of red so I thought it had worked, but it hasn't!

Can anyone please advise what I'm doing wrong? If you want me to post screenies, I will. :)

I think it's due to licencing issues. SI have got the rights to use kits for The Championship and these kits are hard coded into the game, so you whatever changes you make are not shown in the match engine. Interestingly this is not the case, at least not this year, with The Premier League, and if, for example you are a fan of Man United's Yellow and Green kit of a few years ago, you can set that to be their home kit and it works.

I think it's due to licencing issues. SI have got the rights to use kits for The Championship and these kits are hard coded into the game, so you whatever changes you make are not shown in the match engine. Interestingly this is not the case, at least not this year, with The Premier League, and if, for example you are a fan of Man United's Yellow and Green kit of a few years ago, you can set that to be their home kit and it works.

Hi chesterfan2. So you're saying there's no way I can change the kit colour for any Championship team then? I was able to do it without any problems for FM14. If all Championship kits are hard coded into the game to stop any changes being possible, it's a shame as it's going to spoil FM15 for a lot of Cardiff fans. I will monitor this thread to see if anything can be done but in the mean time, I will continue playing FM14 with Cardiff in blue. Thanks for replying :)

Hello Blue,

if you download a kitpack for the Championship and then renames the files so that Cardiff_2 becomes Cardiff_1 and vice versa, it should work.

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/12542/england-skybet-championship-ss1415-new-1982014

Hi Kubo,

Thank you for this. I will try downloading a kitpack when I get home from work later.

I'm assuming renaming the files will simply switch over the home and away kits, so Cardiff will then have the blue away kit as the home kit?

I'm assuming renaming the files will simply switch over the home and away kits, so Cardiff will then have the blue away kit as the home kit?

Exactly.

Don't forget to clear the cache and reload the skin in the preferences, once you've copied the files to the right folder.

Exactly.

Don't forget to clear the cache and reload the skin in the preferences, once you've copied the files to the right folder.

I just tried downloading from one of the free mirrors and it put a load of malware and pop ups on my computer! I just had to do a system restore to get my computer back to normal! Have you tried downloading this pack yourself?

I just tried downloading from one of the free mirrors and it put a load of malware and pop ups on my computer! I just had to do a system restore to get my computer back to normal! Have you tried downloading this pack yourself?

Really sorry to hear that!

I've downloaded loads of kit packs, mostly via mediafire.com, without any problems. If you PM me your e-mail adress, I can try to mail the championship pack to you.

Really sorry to hear that!

I've downloaded loads of kit packs, mostly via mediafire.com, without any problems. If you PM me your e-mail adress, I can try to mail the championship pack to you.

I just sent you a PM. I tried mediafire but as soon as I clicked download I had a load of pop ups, then my home page changed haha! Thanks for your help with this!

The kits kubo advised you to download are the 2D kits you see on screen so you do need those, but to change the kits your players wear in the 3D match engine you will also need to download a 3D kit pack and do the same renaming of the Cardiff kits there too.

You can get a Championship 3D kit pack over at Sortitoutsi here:

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/12821/england-championship-3d201415-new-180914

The kits kubo advised you to download are the 2D kits you see on screen so you do need those, but to change the kits your players wear in the 3D match engine you will also need to download a 3D kit pack and do the same renaming of the Cardiff kits there too.

You can get a Championship 3D kit pack over at Sortitoutsi here:

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/12821/england-championship-3d201415-new-180914

Thanks for this Fidney. Can I be really cheeky and ask yourself or anyone else to email me the pack? I don't particularly want to risk using the free mirrors after last time!

Thanks for sending me the pack Fidney. I need to check I am doing this right as it still doesn't seem to have worked. I have swapped the Cardiff_1 and Cardiff_2 files around and I have also swapped the Cardiff_Home and Cardiff_Away files around. Cardiff are still playing their home games in red but when a Cardiff player gets booked for example, a picture of the Cardiff player appears down the bottom wearing the blue shirt. So it's partially worked although the match engine shows no signs of changing. I have saved the packs in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/Graphics. Am I doing anything wrong?

Archived