[FM2015][WIP] - Channel Islands Database Including Kit and Logo Packs.

So I have decided to create the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey and place them into the game as full FIFA members, with both nations and clubs from the island from the islands competing under the auspicious of UEFA and its competitions. In doing so I have moved the Caucasus nations of Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan into Asia so to free up some space in Europe which would otherwise lead to a crash. The database will include all clubs from the islands, real life competitions, awards, hundreds of real life players and staff with accurate information where possible (creative license is used in other instances), cities with accurate co-ordinates and of course playable national teams who start immediately in the Euro 2016 qualification process.

The players added to the database has allowed for a decently sized and realistic name pool to generated for both nations, furthermore ethnic clubs such as Jersey Scottish and Portuguese Club of Jersey spawn regens with authentic Scottish and Portuguese names as well as dual nationality.

Updated release: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mj14hn

Please note that both Jersey and Guernsey are included in the same file, however on the database selection screen only Jersey will appear; both Jersey and Guernsey should appear on the league selection screen however.

The following playable competitions are included in the database:

Jersey

Jersey Premiership

Jersey Championship

Jersey Combination Division 1 (Reserve Teams)

Jersey Combination Division 2 (Reserve Teams)

Le Riche Cup - FA Cup

Whewey Cup - Inter-Island cup hosted by the Jersey FA

Charity Cup - Pre Season Cup

Touzel Cup - Championship teams only

Willis Cup - Jersey Championship and all reserve teams

Dog Club Trophy - All reserve teams

Lady Bingham Trophy - Combination division 2 teams only

Guernsey

Priaulx League - Top Division

Jackson League - Mainly made up of reserve teams

Railway Cup - Sunday League made up of Priaulx League affiliates

Upton Park Trophy - Super cup, Priaulx League winners vs Jersey Premiership winners hosted by Guernsey FA

Guernsey FA Cup

William Stranger Cup - Champions League style group then knock-out cup.

Martinez Cup - Winners of Priaulx League vs Winners of Guernsey FA cup

Jeremie Cup - Inter-Island cup hosted by Guernsey FA

Jackson League Shield - All Jackson League teams

Mauger Memorial Cup - All Jackson League teams

International

For added realism both the Muratti Vase annually contested between Jersey and Guernsey and The Island Games competition for Island nations have been created. With the islands of Greenland and the Falkland Islands added to the game to boost the Island Games real life participants.

Screenshots:

Jersey National Squad - http://i.imgur.com/qh3R8Vc.png

Guernsey Nation Overview - http://i.imgur.com/V9vgBEM.png

Muratti Vase Overview - http://i.imgur.com/EW8rcdt.png

Priaulx League - http://i.imgur.com/A2BQ43s.png

Jersey Premiership - http://i.imgur.com/o5qe1mN.png

Belgrave Wanderers Overview Page - http://i.imgur.com/pQ7Qn1w.png

Saint Paul's Overview Page - http://i.imgur.com/haijDmb.png

Portuguese Club Squad - http://i.imgur.com/ie0H6b7.png

Issues:

In real life the Upton Park Trophy is always played after the finish of both The Priaulx League and Jersey Premiership as an end of season super cup. However I can not get this to work in game so have therefore set it as the seasons curtain raiser. If anyone does know how to create end of season super cups though, please let me know!

Also the amount of goals scored in the domestic divisions in both Jersey and Guernsey is incredibly low when compared to real life, I am wondering if there is anything in the editor that I could edit to make this more realistic, again if anyone knows anything please let me know.

I've included a download link for the first beta release if anyone is at all interested. Few errors in the file mainly how the knockout round of the Island games is set up and also with the scheduling of the Upton Park Trophy since I have been experimenting with the game being played at the end of the season which is still not working.

Also there is still quite a bit of data missing which will be added for the next releases, but this should be a decent basic file for people to get the idea.

Excellent work. Where did you get the information from and What happens to Guernsey FC in the game do they take the better players what reps are the teams ??

Most of the information I have sourced directly from club websites of Facebook pages, also this is a good site for player information - http://www.football-talents.co.uk/.

Everything else I got off of the Guernsey Press and Jersey Evening Post websites. That said some information, especially player info I have had to use creative freedom on, although I do hope it's as realistic as possible. Got a lot more to add though, players, comp histories, more player histories for leagues major players etc.

Guernsey FC don't seen to sign anyone from the Guernsey leagues, I did run a test with an English lower divisions add-on but no transfer activity happens between GFC and the leagues other than a few of GFC's released players joining teams in Guernsey. Also Belgrave's manager Glyn Smith also took over the GFC job before the start of the 2nd season. But other than that nothing seems to happen. Wonder if there's anything I can change to make it more realistic?

Ok thanks for letting me know not done any advanced editor but would like to play around with both files Jersey and Guernsey. Also what about Alderney as they play in the Muratti Vase ??

http://guernseypress.com/sport/2014/03/06/alderney-name-their-squad-for-muratti-semi-final/

I haven't bothered with Alderney especially since in FM15 you need to move teams out of Europe to incorporate new teams. If I can find a way to create them as a Non-Fifa team then I will put them into the game. But I don't really want them playing in UEFA and FIFA competitions. Maybe I could overwrite Crimea or something like that?

Yeah Gibraltar are in the Island games, along with 7 other sides to make a scaled down tournament, would like to extend it but this depends on how many Non-Fifa nations I add to the game. The Åland Islands are one nation I definitely want to add. Currently have the Faroe Islands enter an U21 side into the tournament as well, since until the mid 90s the entered their full side into the Island Games football tournament and still send other athletes today.

The thing with both Greenland and The Falklands is that I have set both their continents to North America and as Non-Fifa nations, as North America does not crash when adding further teams. I don't really want to place Alderney in North America, but maybe they'll be a workaround to add them into UEFA.

Also the only reason I have added the Falklands to North America rather than South America is because when I put The Falkands into South America they were added to the South American World Cup Qualifiers, despite being Non-Fifa, and ended up getting smashed 18-0 every game. So I though North America would be a better place to put them haha!

Will the Island games be in the proper file ?? Bermuda in ?? Really looking forward to this file it loaded ok with my Gib file.

Yep, it's in the file and in the beta link. At the moment it's an 8 team tournament featuring Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Faroe Islands U21s, Greenland and The Falkland Islands, but hoping to extend it to maybe 12 teams featuring 4 groups of 3.

The first edition is held in Jersey in 2015 and from then on every 2 years after. Going to set the future hosts for the next edit as now it is done at random but I think the next 3 or 4 hosts have been announced.

Really hope it works with your file as I was definitely planning on using it, not tested this yet though, have you had any luck? It works with the English lower league add-ons by the looks of things which makes for a better experience with Guernsey FC.

Thanks. Do you want me to do a facepack ??

Anything you could help with in that way would be much appreciated mate! I've got the kits and logos covered but haven't delved into the Face pack world yet.

That's possible to make this database without Champion's league/ Europa league qualifying ?

I don't think that's possible; though I think it makes for a much better in-game experience when teams can qualify for Europe.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/firsttowerunitedfootballclub/61486/Players/view

Some players missing from First tower last updated 7th october so its this season.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stouen/45794/Players/view/1936440

Some players missing last updated 12th September says Danny Craven Player/manager

Didn't realise Craven was still playing! That said I'm not sure how up to date the players actually are on the St.Ouen website as a couple of players listed seem to have moved on now, and playing stats are apparently from 11/12. Still I will get most of them in I'm sure.

Also I have had a play around trying to get Alderney into the game, but unfortunately placing another team in Europe seems to completely destroy the qualifiers for the European Championships. They simply don't get scheduled or played, this is even after changing Crimea's continent to Asia. Still toying with the idea of making Crimea into Alderney, however then they won't be selectable or playable as a nation.

Cool to see this - I threw out the Island Cup/League idea around here in a post, hoped someone would run with it (because I always start projects and then get lost in a long-term save for the rest of the year). One of these years, though, I'll take all that preliminary information gathered and apply it to something useful.

Åland Islands are going to be my next national team included for the Island Games, also since I live across the water in sunny Stockholm these days and know a little bit about their football, I think I should include them! Plus they'll make for decent competition in the Island games and the UEFA qualifiers. Although need to find another nation to move from Europe to Asia, toying with Palestine or perhaps Georgia as another one of the Caucasus nations. Both sides will make the AFC much stronger as well as allowing Åland to enter UEFA competitions, just need to decide on who to move over?

Isle of Wight isn't a bad shout, although since they're effectively a county falling under the auspicious of England I'm not sure if I want to use them. I'm still toying with overwriting Crimea with Alderney even though that will leave them as unplayable. Other nations I'm thinking about including are the Isle of Man, The Shetlands, Orkney etc, however including all these nations into Europe will break the continent, and there are not enough suitable teams to move over to different continents, so I'm kinda stuck for ideas?

And yep there's full awards for both Jersey and Guernsey!

Basically what I do is take the city they are based in, so in this instance Saint Helier in Jersey, duplicate it, then place the duplicated city in another nations region. So for example withthe Portuguese club in Jersey all I did was stick their city into the Madeira region of Portugal, whilst still keeping Jersey as its main nation.

Basically what I do is take the city they are based in, so in this instance Saint Helier in Jersey, duplicate it, then place the duplicated city in another nations region. So for example withthe Portuguese club in Jersey all I did was stick their city into the Madeira region of Portugal, whilst still keeping Jersey as its main nation.
I was wondering how to do this with my Level 24 database for FC Romania!

I was wondering how to do this with my Level 24 database for FC Romania!

Only issue with this I can seem to find is that for some reason players, despite having both nationalities can only play for the main nation. Guess that isn't too much of an issue with clubs at FC Romania's level or the Channel Islands level haha.

In other news thinking of dropping the Åland Islands and Alderney and an extended Island Games as it seems that adding more nations just leads to too many issues.

And you use the duplicate for the ethnic clubs while keeping the original city for normal clubs? Thanks mate, really been looking for a way to do this!

How far off you from completing it then ??

Reckon I'll have an absolute complete version out just before Christmas, just got to iron out the issue I had with adding further nations to the Island games then it should be good to go all being well!

And you use the duplicate for the ethnic clubs while keeping the original city for normal clubs? Thanks mate, really been looking for a way to do this!

Yep that's it mate, so essentially in the game there will be two (in my databases case) Saint Helier's, however it's not noticeable and acts as a nice workaround I think!

Reckon I'll have an absolute complete version out just before Christmas, just got to iron out the issue I had with adding further nations to the Island games then it should be good to go all being well!

Excellent.

ive loaded it up, however there's no drop down box to choose leagues for Guernsey, its just grey, i am on the latest patch and have no other db's loaded, is this a known issue, or will the leagues be playable, cheers :)

Guernsey leagues are playable, it's just that I hadn't verified them in the beta file, so you cannot choose which Guernsey leagues to load. Everything is working fine though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right so this project is much delayed, clearly....

Unfortunately I lost almost all of my data during a huge computer **** up at the end of last year, so had to start the file almost from scratch again, which coupled with quite a few personal difficulties resulted in the file being forgotten about. However I have managed to start work on the file again, from an old version of the file I managed to save. So if anybody is interested then I will release something in the next few weeks. Will start a proper project for FM16 though I suspect.

I haven't bothered with Alderney especially since in FM15 you need to move teams out of Europe to incorporate new teams. If I can find a way to create them as a Non-Fifa team then I will put them into the game. But I don't really want them playing in UEFA and FIFA competitions. Maybe I could overwrite Crimea or something like that?

I'm overwrite Crimea and replace by Vatican City and there're any national team an they don't play CL and EL that's more realistic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, placed Kazahkstan and Azerbaijan into Asia so the Channel Island's clubs replace them in Europe. However I can't remember if that starts in the second season rather than the first.

Here's the file if anyone is interested - https://www.sendspace.com/file/eliex7 It's far from complete now but hopefully I will have the time and energy to finish at a later date, the main base of everything is still included. Just a few things to iron out and more data to add. Maybe I'll get it done for the next FM haha.

Yep, placed Kazahkstan and Azerbaijan into Asia so the Channel Island's clubs replace them in Europe. However I can't remember if that starts in the second season rather than the first.

Here's the file if anyone is interested - https://www.sendspace.com/file/eliex7 It's far from complete now but hopefully I will have the time and energy to finish at a later date, the main base of everything is still included. Just a few things to iron out and more data to add. Maybe I'll get it done for the next FM haha.

Hell Yeah man thanks!! Ill give it a go and let you know how things turn out!!

Found this. Is it an issue??

http://i.gyazo.com/42ae0f31a110c6a94e2ea1a7a30e4536.png