Thank **** The Wolly with the Brolly has Gone

mark wilson27

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 14th: Turkey v England; World Cup 2010 Play Off 1st Leg ( Indu, Istanbul)

I told my players we needed an away goal as everyone knows how dangerous the Turks can be.

The game started with a real bang as within two minutes Rooney had shot a thunderous effort into the back of the net to give us the lead, four minutes later we silenced the Turkish crowd as Rooney again fired in. I was in shock at how well my team had come out of the blocks and on the 10th minute Rooney had completed his hat trick with a fine curling effort which completely wrong footed the Turk keeper. Two minutes later we were four goals up as Owen got into the scoring habit. I couldn’t have asked for a better start. We continued to pile forward and terrorize the Turkish defence and on the 35th minute another goal was scored as Ilhan fired in for Turkey. However ten minutes later and with the last kick of the half Owen sent us into the break 5-1 up.

All I could do was congratulate my players. I made a couple of changes and replaced Rooney with Defoe and Wright-Phillips with Walcott

The second half was much the same as we dominated the Turkish team in there own back yard and the frustration was clearly getting to them as on the 76th minute J.Cole was hacked down in there area to give us a penalty. Carrick stepped up and thundered a great kick into the net to give us a 6-1 lead. The lead however was reduced to 6-2 on the 84th minute as Nihat fired but it was too little too late and we were half way to the World Cup

Turkey 2 Ilhan 35, Nihat 84

England 6 Rooney 2, 6, 10, Owen 12, 45, Carrick pen 76

Man of Match; Rooney (England)

Booked: Rooney (misses next match), Hargreaves

Attendance; 32,144

Player Ratings:

GK: Robinson (8)

RB: G.Neville (7)

LB: A.Cole (7)

CB: Terry (cap) (7)

CB: R.Ferdinand (8)

MR: Wright-Phillips (7) sub 45 Walcott (7)

ML: J.Cole (8)

MC: Hargreaves (8)

MC: Carrick (8)

FC: Rooney (9) sub 45 Defoe (7)

FC: Owen (8)

Other Results:

Croatia 2-1 Poland

Spain 1-2 Romania

Wales 3-1 Switzerland

November 18th: England v Turkey; World Cup 2010 Play Off 2nd Leg (agg 6-2) (Wembley)

Another cracking start saw us a goal up on the 2nd minute as Walcott fired in from Wright-Phillips cross. Five minutes later we should of gone a further goal up as Owen fired just wide of the upright. It was one way traffic as we continued the domination from the first leg. Just before the half hour we had the chance to double our lead but J.Cole’s free kick went just over the crossbar after Hargreaves was fouled twenty yards out. On the 42nd minute we made it 2-0 as Walcott again fired in with ease.

The second half was a different story as Turkey came right back at us and started pelting shot after shot into the area. My players looked alittle surprised as Turkey dominated the second half but luckily for us Robinson was on hand to deny them any chance of scoring and we qualified for the World Cup the hard way.

England 2 Walcott 2, 42

Turkey 0

Man of Match: Robinson (England)

Booked: Carrick, A.Cole

Attendance: 89,999

Player Ratings:

GK; Robinson (8)

RB: G.Neville 7 inj 26 Brown (7)

LB; A.Cole (7)

CB: R.Ferdinand (7)

MR: Wright-Phillips (7)

ML: J.Cole (7)

MC: Carrick (7)

MC: Hargreaves (7)

FC: Walcott (8)

FC: Owen (7)

Other Results:

Poland 3-2 Croatia (4-4) (Croatia advance on away goal rule)

Romania 1-1 Spain (3-2)

Switzerland 1-1 Wales (2-4)

Qualifiers for World Cup 2010:

First Seeds;

South Africa (64) (Hosts)

Italy (5) (Holders)

Argentina (1)

Brazil (2)

Croatia (16)

England (7)

Holland (13)

Portugal (11)

Second Seeds:

Bulgaria (19)

Finland (35)

Republic Ireland (22)

Romania (20)

Scotland (24)

Sweden (28)

Ukraine (18)

Wales (34)

Third Seeds:

Cameroon (9)

Chile (53)

Egypt (26)

Ivory Coast (14)

Morocco (21)

Paraguay (30)

Senegal (15)

Uruguay (51)

Fourth Seeds;

Australia (41)

Iran (36)

Japan (27)

Mexico (10)

Saudi Arabia (37)

South Korea (43)

USA (4)

Jamaica (57)

December 1st: Yet again its that time of year when I have to place my vote for the Footballer of the Year. My vote is as follows;

1st: Thierry Henry (Barcelona/France)

2nd: Samuel Eto’o ( Barcelona/Cameroon)

3rd: Deco (Barcelona/ Portugal)

The 7 chosen seeded teams are based on current world rankings and previous performances in the World Cup (in other words, because USA were sh*** in 2006, they weren't seeded here). The rest of the pots are decided on geographical location. This ensures that 4 UEFA teams or 4 CONCACAF teams etc. etc. don't meet each other in the group stages.

The hosts and the defending champions are ALWAYS in Pot A.

In this case -

Pot A contains the 7 seeded teams & the hosts.

Pot B contains the unseeded countries from the UEFA region.

Pot C contains the unseeded countries from South America, Africa and Oceania

Pot D contains the unseeded countries from the CONCACAF region and the AFC region.

But anyway, 4 of the home nations in the world cup! Very impressive from the Irish, Welsh and Scottish - all we need now is for this to happen IRL, then I'll be a very happy bloke.

KUGTW, mark!

December 10th: At long last all the speculation has stopped and the draw for the World Cup 2010 has taken place, we have been given an easy group as we will be facing Republic Ireland, Cameroon and Saudi Arabia.

The Groups are as follows:

Group A: Italy, Finland, Egypt, Uruguay

Group B: Argentina, Romania, Iran, USA

Group C: Croatia, Wales, Morocco, Paraguay

Group D: Holland, Sweden, Senegal, South Korea

Group E; Brazil, Bulgaria, Jamaica, Japan

Group F: South Africa, Ukraine, Chile, Mexico

Group G: Portugal, Scotland, Ivory Coast, Australia

Group F; ENGLAND, Republic Ireland, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia

1st January 2010; The Footballer of the Year has been decided and the winner Michael Owen (Inter Milan/ England), second place went to Thierry Henry (Barcelona/ France) and third place went to Samuel Eto’o (Barcelona/ Cameroon)

January 29th; The qualifying groups have been drawn for Euro 2012, and we have been placed with Greece, Scotland, Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Cyprus and the Faroe Islands

February 3rd: England v Malawi; Friendly (Old Trafford)

We made hard work of overcoming Malawi and it took us till the 20th minute to get our first effort on target as Wright-Phillips jinked his way though the Malawi defence but his final effort was poor and he fluffed his effort wide. Despite dominating the play we struggled to get any sort of shot in but on the 43rd minute we finally got the goal as Walcott fired in from the edge of the area.

I changed the formation to a 4-3-3 at half time and brought on Gary Neville for Terry, James Milner for Chris Eagles and Dean Ashton for Rooney.

Within two minutes of the kick off we had doubled our lead as Owen fired in after collecting a good ball by J.Cole. We were cruising through the game but failing to add to our tally and on the hour we had a scare as Malawi came close to scoring but Foster pulled off a good save to deny them. We finally added another goal on the 71st minute as J.Cole fired in from 25 yards. In truth we should of won by a cricket score but my players seemed far too relaxed for the game, hopefully they won’t do the same against Italy next month.

England 3 Walcott 43, Owen 47, J.Cole 71

Malawi 0

Man of Match: Owen (England)

Booked; No England Player

Attendance: 76,167

Player Ratings;

GK: Foster (7)

RB: Bardsley (7)

LB: Hibbert (7)

CB: Richards (8)

CB: Terry (cap) (6) sub 45 G.Neville (cap) (7)

MC: Eagles (6) sub 45 Milner (7)

MC: J.Cole (8)

MC: Wright-Phillips (7)

FC: Rooney (6) sub 45 Ashton (7)

FC: Owen (8)

Hey I won't be continuing my Argie Bargie story because I don't have the time really but I'll post results etc.

So I've played all friendy's and here are the results:

Norway 2 - 4 Argentina - Riquelme, Aimar, Aguero, Heinze

Bolivia 0 - 4 Argentina - Tevez, M Rodriguez, Aguero, Burdisso

Australlia 1 - 6 Argentina - Aimar(3) , Riquelme, Samuel, Tevez

I am very excited and I love international management 14 goals in 3 is pretty good and Bolivia was on a Saturday away and Australlia was on the Tuesday away so not much time but still managed hammerings in 3 days time both away games. I doubt it makes a difference on FM but the Bolivia match was on altitude. The first 45 minutes in every game I put my reserves out which is rather impressive, and may I point out Aimar's hat trick was all in the second half as he was brought on half - time. I actually had a lot of first teamers out including Cambiasso, Messi and Sorin. I've got so much to say but I better not.

cool I've organised next years England and France great!!

I took charge of Reading in 19th place in Febuary with 31k transfer budjet and I lost my first two got a 3 game winning strike and 5th placed Fulham equalised in the 95th minute!!! I'm loving it just beat Spurs in 4th 1-0!! GET IN EUROPEAN SPOTS HERE I COME!

March 24th: Italy v England: Friendly (San Siro, Milan)

With only 84 days left to go before the World Cup this was my last chance to see my players in action and see how they cope with a potential World Cup favourite.

My players did themselves proud as they controlled the Italians in the early minutes of the game but as you’d expect the Italians defence didn’t let much through. On the 16th minute the Italians game plan had to be changed as Gattuso was sent off for a two footed lunge on Eagles. However this seemed to spur the Italians on and within ten minutes they had taken the lead as Marchisio fired in past Robinson. The Italians kept control of the ball for much of the rest of the half.

At half time I brought on Gary Neville for Justin Hoyte, Joe Cole for Chris Eagles who was struggling alittle with a leg injury, Hargreaves on for Gerrard and Owen for Rooney.

We started the second half as we did the first but this time we managed to score as Ashton fired in past the keeper. We started to play the better football and began to dominate the Italians and on the 71st minute we got the winner as Owen ran clear of the defence and slotted home to silence the San Siro crowd.

Italy 1 Marchisio 26

England 2 Ashton 50, Owen 71

Booked; Gerrard, J.Cole

Attendance: 82,938

Player Ratings:

GK: Robinson (7)

RB; Bardsley (7)

LB: J.Hoyte (7) sub 45 G.Neville (7)

MR: Eagles (6) sub 45 J.Cole (7)

ML: Milner (7)

MC: Gerrard (6) sub 45 Hargreaves (7)

MC: Jenas (7)

FC: Ashton (7)

FC: Rooney (7) sub 45 Owen (8)

Now I’ve got a few weeks too decide who I will be taking to the World Cup. It’s going to be tricky who too take as some of the fringe players have impressed me in the friendlies

Domestic and European Results:

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 83pts ( 2nd Year running)

2nd: Arsenal 71pts

3rd: Tottenham Hotspur 64pts

FA Cup: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City

League Cup: Manchester United 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Community Shield: Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea (Manchester United win 3-1 on penalties)

Champions League: Chelsea 4-0 Valencia

UEFA Cup: FC Bayern 3-0 Osasuna

European Super Cup: Real Madrid 2-1 Valencia (aet)

World Club Championship: Saitama UTD 1-0 Real Madrid

June 5th: The odds for the forthcoming World Cup have been released and are as follows:

Brazil 6-4 fav

Italy, Argentina, England 2-1

Holland 5-1

Portugal 6-1

June 8th: Now I have decided the players that will hopefully bring back the World Cup

Position    ¦ Name                  ¦ Squad ¦ Age  ¦ Caps ¦ Goals ¦      Club         ¦ 
           ¦                       ¦ Number¦      ¦      ¦       ¦                   ¦
============¦=======================¦=======¦======¦======¦=======¦===================¦
   GK      ¦ Ben Foster            ¦   13  ¦  27  ¦  14  ¦   0   ¦ Barcelona         ¦
------------¦-----------------------¦-------¦------¦------¦-------¦-------------------¦
   GK      ¦ Chris Kirkland        ¦   22  ¦  29  ¦   1  ¦   0   ¦ Wigan Athletic    ¦
------------¦-----------------------¦-------¦------¦------¦-------¦-------------------¦
   GK      ¦ Paul Robinson         ¦    1  ¦  30  ¦  56  ¦   0   ¦ Tottenham Hotpsur ¦
   DRC     ¦ Phillip Bardlsey      ¦   23  ¦  24  ¦   3  ¦   0   ¦ Everton           ¦
   DRC     ¦ Wes Brown             ¦   14  ¦  30  ¦  21  ¦   2   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   DRC/WBR ¦ Gary Neville          ¦    2  ¦  35  ¦ 110  ¦   1   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   DRL/DM  ¦ Micah Richards        ¦   15  ¦  21  ¦  15  ¦   0   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   DC      ¦ Rio Ferdinand         ¦    4  ¦  31  ¦  88  ¦   3   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   DC      ¦ John Terry (cap)      ¦    5  ¦  29  ¦  65  ¦   4   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   D/WBR   ¦ Tony Hibbert          ¦   21  ¦  29  ¦   3  ¦   0   ¦ Everton           ¦
   D/WBL   ¦ Ashley Cole           ¦    3  ¦  29  ¦  80  ¦   1   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   DM      ¦ Owen Hargreaves       ¦   12  ¦  29  ¦  59  ¦   5   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   MC      ¦ Michael Carrick       ¦   16  ¦  28  ¦  22  ¦   2   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   AMRLC   ¦ Joe Cole              ¦   11  ¦  28  ¦  62  ¦  14   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   AMRC    ¦ Steven Gerrard        ¦    6  ¦  30  ¦  73  ¦  14   ¦ Liverpool         ¦
   AMR     ¦ Shaun Wright-Phillips ¦   17  ¦  28  ¦  33  ¦   4   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   AMR/FC  ¦ Theo Walcott          ¦    7  ¦  21  ¦  26  ¦   6   ¦ Reading           ¦
   AMRL/FC ¦ Ashley Young          ¦   18  ¦  24  ¦   5  ¦   1   ¦ Aston Villa       ¦
   AML     ¦ Staurt Downing        ¦   19  ¦  25  ¦  28  ¦   3   ¦ Middlesbrough     ¦
   AMC     ¦ Frank Lampard         ¦    8  ¦  31  ¦  72  ¦  14   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   FC      ¦ Wayne Rooney          ¦    9  ¦  24  ¦  68  ¦  23   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   ST      ¦ Dean Ashton           ¦   20  ¦  27  ¦   3  ¦   1   ¦ West Ham United   ¦
   ST      ¦ Michael Owen          ¦   10  ¦  30  ¦ 115  ¦  65   ¦ Inter Milan       ¦

June 11th; Italy 1-0 Finland, Uruguay 0-0 Egypt

June 12th: Argentina 1-0 Iran, USA 3-3 Romania, Paraguay 1-1 Morocco

June 13th: Wales 1-1 Croatia, Sweden 3-2 Senegal, Holland 3-1 South Korea

June 14th; Jamaica 3-1 Bulgaria, Chile 1-0 South Africa, Brazil 0-0 Japan

June 15th: Mexico 2-2 Ukraine, Scotland 1-0 Portugal, Ivory Coast 5-1 Australia

June 16th; England v Saudi Arabia; World Cup 2010 Group Stage (Loftus, Pretoria)

I told my players we needed a good performance and three points today too kick off our campaign. My players did just that as we controlled the Arabian side with ease. We opened the scoring on the 12th minute as Rooney fired in from J.Cole’ cross. It was all us as the Arabians seemed to struggle with pace we had set for the game. On the 34th minute we doubled our lead as Owen fired in but the assistant referee had raised his flag for offside, alittle late I might add though.

The second half was much the same as we dominated the opposition and nine minutes into the half we doubled our lead as Owen got onto the score sheet with a great individual goal. Six minutes later we added another goal but yet again we had the goal ruled out for offside much to Rooney’s annoyance. However we kept our cool and continued the pressure and it wasn’t long till got the third goal as Owen doubled his tally for the game with a rasping shot from 15 yards. Five minutes later though Saudi Arabia got on the score sheet as a slip in defence let Fallatah in to fire past Robinson

England 3 Rooney 12, Owen 54, 72

Saudi Arabia 1 Fallatah 77

Booked: Hargreaves

Attendance; 59,987

Player Ratings;

GK: Robinson (7)

RB: G.Neville (7)

LB: A.Cole (7)

MR; Wright-Phillips (7)