Sports Interactive Community
Ty

FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

Awesome to have you back Ty!

Thread's getting busy again, I should have an update for season 5 up at some point this week I hope.

Yeah, I need to keep myself going until the final patch and I can start as Pompey :)

Start my new job tomorrow, so wont be able to play as much as I use to, so hopefully I wont get bored too quickly this time!

Hey Ty how is Cartabia as a IF (S) on AML?

I play a IF (S) currently with Piatti and Sarabia (new signing from Getafe) and am keen to use Cartabia when he returns from his loan spell.

Hey Ty how is Cartabia as a IF (S) on AML?

I play a IF (S) currently with Piatti and Sarabia (new signing from Getafe) and am keen to use Cartabia when he returns from his loan spell.

He is fantastic there, it is really hard trying to choose between Cartabia and Balde Keita for my wide left option. I have to wait for either one to have a bad game and then bring the other in for a spell of games.

It's even better that he chose Spain on my save, he and Adama have been fantastic for country.

2db86e75e70383950c507eb75a0bad11.png

Here is how he performed over the last couple seasons;

dcebaa11505323be31bfb1a8223e2f3f.png

I fiddled with my team this season, so my IF(s) went from a goal threat to more of a supporting creator, obviously with Fede's 17/18 passing/vision. He was perfect! Then I set up my RW to be the true goal threat, and you can see from Adama's goal tally.

So after 3x BBVA, 2x Copa del Rey, 2x Supercopa and the 1x Champions League and getting a little bit bored of the game, I really want to start playing my Valencia save again.

I'll be using my beautiful team I posted up the page;

61caaf6de1e7e30262dd6ba725bbb5c9.png

What a dream team :cool:

Awesome team you have there !

Which Team instruction and mentality are you playing ?

Season 4 started with some pretty big changes to the squad. Some kinda welcome, some not.

First off, Asensio was poached by Juve as they activated his £20m release clause. He wouldn't enter into contract talks as they had turned his head. he was only a backup player to cover Parejo but still, a bright up and coming Spanish prospect, so I was pretty unhappy to lose him.

With the managerial change at Barca, Samper was no longer unhappy and signed a 4 year deal so I set about finding a similar type player to cover Romero as my DLP(d) and also give us some rotational flexibility with our DM-MC-MC set up. I managed to pick up an Argentian newgen that fit the bill and he's already better than Fuego, who was still my backup DMC in season 3. I've moved Fuego to the Mestalla squad and also Flores our Uruguayan newgen forward.

PSG had unsettled Caratiba and whilst I rejected his move, I ended up offering him out and Chelsea signed him for £14m. He was 3rd choice behind Munian and DePaul on the left and Traore and Deulofeu on the right.

Although I only had 60% of the transfer fees coming in it allowed us to sign our goalkeeper of the future. I had noticed that Alves had dropped from 3* to 2.5* in our coach's ratings and with Leali unhappy and loaned out and Yoel our only other keeper of note, we splashed the cash (about £20m) on Scuffet from Udinese.

We're not finished there though. PSG unsettled Alcacer and whilst they wouldn't meet his release clause of £55m up front, I negotiated a structured deal worth £65m and although he scored a hat-trick in the ESC against At. Madrid, we let him leave. Again, I hated to let a great Spanish prospect leave, especially as he's a Valencia product but I had been waiting for such a bid to hopefully ease the finances at the club.

To replace Alcacer we brought in young Brazillian Malcom for about £8m and he and Javier Hernandez will rotate up front, with a young Italian newgen who we brought in on loan as our 3rs option up front.

Back to news on the pitch, we won the ESC, beating At. Madrid 4-0 as mentioned above and then we beat Barca in the Spanish Super Cup 7-5 on aggregate. In between those games though we lost 1-0 away to Barca in the league. Unhappy with the result but we absolutely battered them so hopeful for the rest of the season.

So, just starting season 4 and thus far we've won:

2 x La Liga

2 x CDR

2 x Champs League

2 x ESC

1 x CWC

3 x Spanish Super Cup

We've also seen 2 Barcelona and 1 Real Madrid manager sacked during that time too. ;)

Some trophy haul already davehibb.

Shame to see two good young Spaniards leave, Asensio has really blossomed for me in season 5, it's a fight between him and Acosta for he AMC slot although I'm trying to get my CM's, one at least, to be a bit more attacking to he could find himself fitting in there.

I'm currently sitting with a transfer budget of close to £118m, Vezo has just joined the former Valencia contingent at Man City for a structured £39m. Didn't sign a replacement instead I promoted Sebastian Vegas who I signed from a team in Chile in the first season, only 20 and he's performing well next to Mustafi, he's already worth £14.75m and he only cost £700k-odd.

Awesome team you have there !

Which Team instruction and mentality are you playing ?

It's probably the best squad I've ever built (cause I have mainly stuck to Spanish players) when you look at the second 11 too. Very strong with depth.

Mentality is ALWAYS attacking, no matter of who the opponent. No idea on team instructions at this time.

Some trophy haul already davehibb.

Shame to see two good young Spaniards leave, Asensio has really blossomed for me in season 5, it's a fight between him and Acosta for he AMC slot although I'm trying to get my CM's, one at least, to be a bit more attacking to he could find himself fitting in there.

I'm currently sitting with a transfer budget of close to £118m, Vezo has just joined the former Valencia contingent at Man City for a structured £39m. Didn't sign a replacement instead I promoted Sebastian Vegas who I signed from a team in Chile in the first season, only 20 and he's performing well next to Mustafi, he's already worth £14.75m and he only cost £700k-odd.

Thanks mate.

Really enjoying the save.

Forgot to mention in my little recap that we also signed Pirlo on a free for just £20k wages as backup/mentor/U19 Ass Man.

A bit of a luxury signing but for peanuts really.

Bank balance is £58.5m with £39m left in transfer kitty and £1.6m wages (£1.4m allocated), so sacrificing Alcacer seems to have us going in the right direction financially.

Has anyone been able to get a merchandising feeder club? I've had no luck so far in 3 and a bit seasons. :( Yet we've won the last 2 champions leagues and are a top 10 club in the world.

Roll of a dice really. Have to be really big or really lucky to get that feeder club

Must be having some particularly bad luck then. :(

I've managed to get one first time of asking on other saves, with teams (Schalke & Liverpool) that don't have the rep that we have now, or have won the silverware in recent times either.

EDIT: We currently have 4th highest rep and 10th in finances. :s

He is fantastic there, it is really hard trying to choose between Cartabia and Balde Keita for my wide left option. I have to wait for either one to have a bad game and then bring the other in for a spell of games.

It's even better that he chose Spain on my save, he and Adama have been fantastic for country.

2db86e75e70383950c507eb75a0bad11.png

Here is how he performed over the last couple seasons;

dcebaa11505323be31bfb1a8223e2f3f.png

I fiddled with my team this season, so my IF(s) went from a goal threat to more of a supporting creator, obviously with Fede's 17/18 passing/vision. He was perfect! Then I set up my RW to be the true goal threat, and you can see from Adama's goal tally.

Thanks Ty. Looks excellent. Can't wait to second season when he returns. Probably sell Piatti as he isn't doing much at the moment.

Anyone had success with a 4-2-3-1 at Valencia? It's my fav formation but I'm struggling with how to make it work on 15.

Did pre-season last night.

Signed Lucas Romero, Alvaro Vadillo, Borek Dockal, Jesus Vallejo, Suso (loan) and have got Martin Odegaard coming in January also.

Sold Dani Parejo and Javi Fuego, loaned out Alberto Tendillo, a right-back I can't remember the name of and cancelled the loan of Filipe Augusto (because of Non-EU rules).

I've also downloaded a January update (to date) so haven't got Carles Gil but have got Enzo Perez!

Anyone had success with a 4-2-3-1 at Valencia? It's my fav formation but I'm struggling with how to make it work on 15.

I've played exclusively with a 4-1-2-2-1 wide formation, so not tried a 4-2-3-1. I suppose though, if you get the right players for the formation you have in mind and tweak it to your liking, it should work, no matter what team you use it with.

I've had to make one or two little tweaks to mine over the 3.5 seasons so far but by and large it's worked well with the players I have in the system.

Started a Valencia save on Sunday and loving it! Into November and I am 2nd only sitting 3 points behind Real who are top, played 13 won 10, lost 2 and drew 1 which was a 0-0 with Barca at home so I was happy with that... Signed Romero and Balanta and Romero is a beast! got Odegaard coming in in January.

I am currently playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers but don't know how I will fit Odegaard in.

GK

RB - CWB - Attack

CB - CD - Defend

CB - CD - Defend

LB - CWB - Attack

DM - Half Back - Defend

CM - Box To Box - Support

CM - Roaming Playmaker - Support

RW - Inside Forward - Attack

LW - Inside Forward - Attack

CF - Advanced Forward - Attack

Control and Fluid

I finished preseason of season 5 last night and got to the European Super Cup which we lost to Atletico Madrid on penalties. Nearly all of my squad is being targeted by the "Elite", last year I signed Thiago from Bayern and Delafaou from Barcelona, both on bosmans? Now they're worth north of £25m each and attracting major interest, Delafaou is now my main man I'd say.

Surprise package last, £5m signing from Real Betis, Alvaro Vadilio is now worth £17m and Arsenal, Juventus and Real Madrid want him... Love this games.

A proper update will come because I've some heartache in preseason with some of the departures.

Just finished season 2. Had a great time, going on a long unbeaten run, but never able to keep up with Real Madrid. At the end of the season I started losing and drawing a bit more, and they pulled away from us.

Also, take a look at the goalscoring potential of Barcelona. If they get their defence together for next season, we're in for a lot of trouble!

mdxYGD.jpg

Was able to win the Copa del Rey, and got very very far in the Champions League after some very nice draws in the knockout round and QF. Played Real Madrid in the semis and was able to defeat them to set up a final against Chelsea. Who were just a notch better than us. Still, 2nd place in La Liga, UCL finalists and another Cup - that's a very good season for me.

Right now looking on where to improve my squad. I expect some of my star players to leave (Parejo, Sergi Roberto) and could really use another DMC and a better DR. This season Bruno from Villarreal has been doing a great job, especially given his small pricetag. However, money is tight and all the good youngsters I see mentioned in this thread are either non-EU or playing regularly at Barcelona or another major club, so I get quoted silly money for every half decent player I'm looking at.

A quick update after the transfer window between the 2nd and 3rd season has closed. Parejo was the first star to leave the club. Two clubs met his buyout clause, so he left for Juventus for 45.5M euros. I saw some clubs interestend in my other main midfield man, Sergi Roberto, so I offered him a new contract with increased wages and, more importantly, a higher buyout clause (which was still set at 30-odd million). So the vultures kept away from him.

I also made the transfer of Mammana permanent after he had been at the club on a season-and-a-half loan. 5.5M euros for a good prospect and backup defender is great value for money. Brought in two 'wonderkids' in Youri Tielemans and Dorin Rotariu as rotation players, hoping that they will grow to be stars in my team. Since we're a selling club, this is the business model upon which we're building our future.

My scouts found a newgen at Malmo who might be a good replacement for Fuego, who retired. As you can see in the screenshot below, not much happened until the end of the window. Some teams were interested in Barcelona's Denis Suarz, who suddenly became transfer listed. He was a Spanish youngster with potential on my shortlist, so I also made a cheeky bid for him, which was accepted.

Then, on the last day disaster struck. Fede Cartabia, one of the key players last season still had a relatively low buyout clause which was activated by Bayern Munich. I tried to offer him a much improved deal, but Bayern still offered him 50% more than that, so he left for 35M, which was just a bit over his value in game. If only I've been paying more attention I could have prevented this! Given that it was already the 31st of August, I panic buyed Leon Goretzka, who was also on my shortlist and transfer listed by request due to another team being interested in him. Just hope I won't regret this.

Wm0a4a.jpg

By the way, first matches of the season were not really a success: first leg of the Spanish Supercup against Real Madrid I have 4 injured players and 7 unavailable due to Olympic games. Real Madrid have all their players available. No fun!

I'm 3rd in the league ATM around February 2015 time. I'd be happy finishing there, taken me a while to get a tactic working well. Still not scoring as many goals as I'd like though.

Did anyone sign an RB? Pereira's going to Marseille on a free in the summer and Barragan is meh...any suggestions? Probs end up with Peruzzi as usual though :D

Wish I could cancel the Negredo transfer as well and just sign Rodrigo, never mind.

Looking at your screenshot heron, looks like I made a mistake selling Parejo for £7.5m at the start of the game :D

Did Andre Gomes not develop for you at all?

Parejo was instrumental in my team when I started playing a 4-3-3 with him in a AP/A role in the MC position. In the first season he was overshadowed by Rodrigo De Paul, when I had him planned for a Enganche role in the AMC position. He's one of Valencia's greatest assets at the start of the game, so getting this amount of money is what you should aim for.

Gomes didn't develop much and, more impotantly, didn't impress when asked to play in these two seasons. So he was shipped out for a low fee.

I sold Parejo to Man United for around £38m-ish, he was key but his head got turned, that was the second season.

I used Akapo for a long time at RB, I ended up settling on a young RB from River Plate, Bruno Fernandez whos been immense.

**EDIT**

Ive just sold Mustafi to PSG for a clause ridden £61m and replaced him with Marcos Rojo for £2.4m.. Might need to get the scouts out looking for a new commanding CB.

So a combination of this thread and not wanting to manage in England again got me to start up a Valencia save. Haven't really gotten going but liking it so far. I made a mistake on starting up with a data update, so I have Enzo Perez but not Gil. That's good in the sense that Enzo is really good, but bad because he's non-EU. Which throws my plans off a bit. I'm intending to bring in Lucas Romero (typical, I know) and will need a non-EU spot for him, so I'll end up terminating the loan of Felipe Augusto. Not that I figured I would be signing him, but I like his versatility as a backup.

The reason I want to stick with this game rather than start up a new one is that the MLS generated a first-day regen GK. He is German-Turkish, 18 years old, a model professional, has the starting ability to be a decent backup from day one, and the potential to be world class. He has been signed on a free and will be joining immediately. Found him by using a scouting tool, so I'm ashamed (not really) but he's a brilliant propsect. I always have the MLS running on any new game as the league generates a bunch of first-day regens at the smaller clubs in the US, and you will typically have a handful with high potential. Unlike past FMs, they aren't all American, either.

The targets are going to be Lucas Romero, Gino Peruzzi, Adema Traore, and Jesus Vallejo. Might be one or two others, but not decided for sure. I've typically gone after Kaderabek rather than Peruzzi and he is a monster. But Peruzzi seems to perform similarly, and Argentine feels more right for Valencia.

As I mentioned near the start of the thread, I had some really fun games with Valencia in past versions so quite looking forward to getting this one rolling.

I did exactly the same as you - had Perez and no Gil so signed Romero and cancelled Augusto. No looking back!

I did exactly the same as you - had Perez and no Gil so signed Romero and cancelled Augusto. No looking back!

Yeah, can't say I'm stressing too much on it. Augusto is a solid looking player but he's not going to be a key starter unless they are a spate of injuries. Whereas Enzo will be starting in the center of the pitch beside Parejo, so its a really good trade in that sense. I'll have to be careful with planning signgs around those non-EU spots, which is part of what I don't love about managing in Spain. That and the way reserves sides work.

Also, the biggest reason I don't like using transfer updates while hte window is still ongoing is that its almost certain that shortly after I start a game with the up-to-date transfers, a transfer will happen that affects the club I'm managing in some way and makes me consider starting anew.

Ok so I posted this afternoon that I'd like to score more...

I haven't tweaked my tactic at all but tonight I've played 3 games:

8-0 VS Villarreal (H)

4-1 VS Athletic Bilbao (A)

6-0 VS Levante (H)

:D

It's like everything has just clicked into place. Vadillo and Rodrigo de Paul have been particularly outstanding in these 3 games!

Yeah, can't say I'm stressing too much on it. Augusto is a solid looking player but he's not going to be a key starter unless they are a spate of injuries. Whereas Enzo will be starting in the center of the pitch beside Parejo, so its a really good trade in that sense. I'll have to be careful with planning signgs around those non-EU spots, which is part of what I don't love about managing in Spain. That and the way reserves sides work.

Also, the biggest reason I don't like using transfer updates while hte window is still ongoing is that its almost certain that shortly after I start a game with the up-to-date transfers, a transfer will happen that affects the club I'm managing in some way and makes me consider starting anew.

Yeah tell me about it! Especially when those big transfers go through near the end of the window.

What role are you playing Enzo in? Parejo is a playmaker... DLP or AP..... what about Enzo?

I'm 3rd in the league ATM around February 2015 time. I'd be happy finishing there, taken me a while to get a tactic working well. Still not scoring as many goals as I'd like though.

Did anyone sign an RB? Pereira's going to Marseille on a free in the summer and Barragan is meh...any suggestions? Probs end up with Peruzzi as usual though :D

Wish I could cancel the Negredo transfer as well and just sign Rodrigo, never mind.

Still looking for a RB? Try Lorenzo De Silvestri. Starts at Sampdoria co-owned by Fiorentina so have to pay both off (and in full up front) but has been worth it. Ended up only being 4.8m combined (Fiorentina 2.3m & Samp 2.5m). Excellent all round stats for a fullback.

What role are you playing Enzo in? Parejo is a playmaker... DLP or AP..... what about Enzo?

I'm using a 4-3-3 but not my own. Parejo is an advanced playmaker. Enzo is MC-Automatic. I'm not a fan of that role normally. But it seems to work very well. Fuego slots in behind them as a roaming playmaker, which is a role I haven't used before. Lucas Romero will rotate with Fuego and Enzo. The results so far are good. Just played friends. An 8-1 win over Valencia Mestalla was disappointing in giving up a goal. Then a 14-0 win and an 8-0 win over some minnows. Easy wins but nice to see the goals flow.

Got Romero signed up, along with Peruzzi, Tielmans, Asenjo, Coric, and Hou Saeter. Fairly typical signings, I know, but all good value. I also have Savitskiy coming in on a free in January. I whiffed on both Traore and Vallejo. I feel like I'm overloaded with prospects in the middle of the pitch (because I am) and a bit light on the wings (because I also am). Thankfully a few of the signings can play out wide but its not ideal.

Have had to do the unthinkable and sell Alcacer.

Moaning at the end of the season and wanted a new contract when he's already on 50k!

Sold him to Man City, £31m rising to £38m after 50 league games.

Now to sign Ayoze or Barbosa as replacements.

Have had to do the unthinkable and sell Alcacer.

Moaning at the end of the season and wanted a new contract when he's already on 50k!

Sold him to Man City, £31m rising to £38m after 50 league games.

Now to sign Ayoze or Barbosa as replacements.

Not unthinkable at all. Pretty normal for Valencia. They sell their stars. They have for years, going back to Mendieta and beore. Embrace it. Love it.

Alcacer is a helluva player, but he's not irreplacable. And with that amount of money, you can get some real quality.

Baptista_8 - Have a look at Kenedy and Malcom, both play in Brazil and both are cheaper than Barbosa. Middle of season 5 and they're two of the best young players in the world, I'd rate both higher than Barbosa. The RB is still a hard one to fill even in my fifth season, the young lad I've brought over from River Plate that I mentioned above is coming along nicely but he's still young - Bruno Fernandes.

That's pretty much how Ive survived and managed to win a couple of league titles and champions Leagues, developing and selling. Lucas Romero went to City for £58m, Parejo to Man United for £38m, Fegouhli to PSG £31m, Piatti to Schalke £29m, Otamendi to Chelsea for £42m, Vezo to City for £37m and the latest on deadline day Mustafi to PSG for a combined £60m. There's sill huge interest in a lot of the team, Delafeuo - Vadillio - Gil Romero - Ruben Neves - Acosta - Thiago - Sergi Roberto look like the next wave that the big fish of Europe will be targeting.

I'm one season away from clearing the last of the debt and moving into the new stadium which I'm really excited about and I've managed the finances pretty well, there's £125m in the bank(and as I said this is before the last of the debt is paid) and our transfer budget if sitting at around £134m/with £525k spare wages. If your smart with who you bring in this can be a very lucrative club which you can really build into a force.

As Bigpappa says Valencia have always been a selling club and will continue to be both in game and In real life, which for me is part of the fun of them.

First thing, where is the FOREGROUND BOSS? Because i think Peter Lim is a big one.

Second thing, who makes this atributes?!

Andre Gomes ran 13 km and in game stamina 11/20?! WTF?!

I dont understand how you choice this atributes but 80% are wrong.

If you dont change anything in new patch i will never ever again buy new FM!

Just finished season one. A comfortable 3rd place without ever looking like we were going to challenge the big 2

Only transfers in were Lucas Romero and making Rodrigo a permanent transfer. Parejo, Romero, Otamendi and Mustafi were all outstanding but still plenty of room for improvement.

Next season is going to be challenging with the extra games the CL brings and less than £1m in the transfer kitty, tempted to cash in on Alcacer but with only 30% of revenue made available it will take a big offer. A few of the fringe players showed promise so hopefully they can step up when needed next year.

I had a decent youth intake with 4.5 star and 4 star potential DCs and a 3.5 star potential right back. With Gaya already there it raises the prospect of playing a homegrown back 4 in a few years time

First thing, where is the FOREGROUND BOSS? Because i think Peter Lim is a big one.

Second thing, who makes this atributes?!

Andre Gomes ran 13 km and in game stamina 11/20?! WTF?!

I dont understand how you choice this atributes but 80% are wrong.

If you dont change anything in new patch i will never ever again buy new FM!

Posting the attributes that you disagree in here gets nothing changed. Post in in the Data forum so the Valencia researcher can consider it.

And having a lower stamina rating doesn't mean that you can't run 13 KM. It just means that the player will be exhausted by the end of it.

Malcom's contract was up in 6 months but couldn't approach to sign for some reason :confused:

Signed him for £1.6m anyway, he's joining January 2016. Will post a bit of an update tonight hopefully.

Damn this thread... I was supposed to focus on my Liverpool save, but now I want to start a new one with Valencia asap :)

Had a Valencia save on fm12 that I really enjoyed so will propbably be going back to spain soon.

Right...here's my current squad (2nd season - December 2015):

GK - Diego Alves / Yoel

LB - Jose Luis Gaya / Lucas Orban

RB - Gino Peruzzi / Carlos Akapo

CB - Nicolas Otamendi / Shkodran Mustafi / Ruben Vezo / Jesus Vallejo

MC - Lucas Romero / Andre Gomes / Youri Tielemans / Bruno Zuculini (loan)

AML - Fede Cartabia / Alvaro Vadillo

AMR - Sofiane Feghouli / Pablo Piatti

AMC - Rodrigo De Paul / Martin Odegaard

STC - Alvaro Negredo / Gabriel Barbosa

I cancelled Negredo's loan in the first season as he was poor, but has 14 in 13 this season so far in the league! Hoping he continues then I will sell him in the summer.

Would love a young keeper - Rulli or Scuffet maybe? Thoughts? And a CM - Can or Koke I want to get eventually. Also think I'll sell Feghouli and Piatti given the chance...Piatti is really injury prone for me. I'd love Deulofeu, keeping taps on Adama Traore (has gone to Ajax) as well.

I'm currently top of La Liga in Dec but hate just having a 1 point gap over Barca :D

January I've got Malcom joining and a 15 year old Serbian DMC newgen.

Just had Rodrigo De Paul win European Golden Boy in December of season 2, despite only being a rotation option. Guess I'm underrating his contribution a little lol

Not unthinkable at all. Pretty normal for Valencia. They sell their stars. They have for years, going back to Mendieta and beore. Embrace it. Love it.

Alcacer is a helluva player, but he's not irreplacable. And with that amount of money, you can get some real quality.

First season for me he did 44 goals. 37 in 36 games in the league. Sits on a new contract with a minimum release clause of £71 millions. Bayern are bidding on him. Nothing less that the release clause as far as I'm concerned.

Just had Rodrigo De Paul win European Golden Boy in December of season 2, despite only being a rotation option. Guess I'm underrating his contribution a little lol

He won the same for me last night! He's first choice AMC for me though and has been phenomenal.

He won the same for me last night! He's first choice AMC for me though and has been phenomenal.

He's been good when he's played on the flanks but seems quite injury prone on mine.

Just beat Juve 3-1 away in the CL first knockout first leg, quite a surprise as league form had slipped after Otamendi and Alcacer had forced January moves

Big losses there. I'd sell one of Otamendi or Mustafi for a big fee though. Vezo has been awesome.

Bids were coming in for Mustafi last night but I'd want £30m plus for him, luckily no-one has bid his £23m release clause yet but he won't enter into contract negotiations with me!

Valencia Season 5 : Mid-Year Review

1WCmSYi.jpg?1

6UW4Z3u.jpg

League Review

It's an odd one just now, I keep glancing at the league and thinking how poorly we are doing this season but with the amount of games we've got, especially going away for the Club World Championship, its kept us a few games behind everyone else. The two defeats of course came away at Barcelona & Real Madrid. With the games in hand I've got it should see me close in on top spot soon enough.

LoHb7eX.png?1

Champions League Review

We breezed an easy group with Celtic, Zenit & Red Bull Salzburg and were rewarded with a 1st round knockout tie against the mighty Bayern Munich. could be a tough ask to over come them so early in the knockout rounds, especially given the squad shift we've underwent this season.

0jQTp4i.png?1

Transfer Review

Transfers In :

QIR5ph2.png?1

A lot of the incomings are newgens, the majority of them are youngster to develop. Quite happy with the price for Marcos Rojo, he came in after the last minute transfer of Mustafi to PSG, he's slotted in very well. Picking up Ander Herrera on a free was a no brainer, he's not a world beater but he's Spanish and provides really solid, La Liga experience.

Transfers Out :

4kdGYu6.png?1

The Mustafi & Vezo deals really pained me to accept, they actually look worse than they are. There are a bunch of add on clauses that bring them both in about £15m each more than listed so they were too good to turn down. Another season of real profit aswell.

Squad Review

There's been a number of real surprises so far, with the departure of my two first choice CB's I was unsure how we'd cope but the rest of the squad has really stepped up.

Paco Alcacer

v8GxNJY.png?1

Sergi Roberto

xZpZrxU.png?1

Rodrigo

tkmsVkt.png?1

Luciano Acosta

miwUwDX.png?1

Gerard Deulofeu

upKHoDM.png?1

He's at the top of the scroll bar I didn't catch, ill post it up but with clauses I'm sure Man City paid close to £48m.

Mustafi's £23m release clause was met just before the deadline by Barca and Juve :(

He's gone to Barca. Now do I replace him now with a loan or rushed transfer, or wait till the summer.

Think I'll wait. I have Vezo, Otamendi and Vallejo. And Orban and Akapo who can cover at CB if needed.

Ideally didn't want anyone leaving during this title push but can't be helped! 6 points clear of Barca and 8 of Real ATM. Hopefully I can hold onto that lead!

Season 2 finished. A real rollercoaster but finishing on a positive note

Notable Transfers Out:

Mustafi to Dortmund for £24m rising to £31m with clauses

Otamendi to Barca for £12.75m (release clause and wouldn't discuss a renewal)

Alcacer to Chelsea for £31m rising to £43m with clauses

Transfers In

Moritz Leitner from Dortmund(Loan)

Sergi Roberto from Barca £2.5m

Glen Johnson from Liverpool (Loan)

Tiago Ilori from Liverpook (Loan)

Predrag Rajkovic from Red Star (Loan)

Joaquin Arzura from Tigre £3.1m

Matias Kranevitter from River £3.6m

Leaving a squad of

GK Alves/Rajkovic

DR Johnson/Akapo

DC Vezo/Ilori/Ruiz/Orban/Regen

DL Gaya/Orban

DM Arzura/Kranevitter/Fuego

MC Romero/Parejo/Leitner/Roberto/Gomes

AMR Feghouli/Rodrigo De Paul

AML Cartabia/Piatti

ST Rodrigo/Negredo

Most of the season felt like one long injury crisis with at least 5 players out at all times and at one stage 9 of my first XI injured or suspended

We finished 4th in the league, with 5 games to go we were 7th with injuries, sales and the added CL games taking their toll. We won 4 on the bounce and went into the last game away to Atletico needing to at least equal Sevilla's result at Barca. We lost 3-2 but Barca did us a favour and CL football was secured again

In the CL we were handed a relatively easy group of Benfica, Basel and Malmo. We qualified with a game to spare and then dismantled Benfica at the Mestalla to top the group. We surprisingly easily dispatched Juve 6-1 in the first KO round and were handed a QF against Shakhtar, with the home leg first we handed them a 6-0 thrashing before the 2nd XI lost the 2nd leg 3-1 giving us a 7-3 aggregate victory. The semi saw us draw Bayern with the away leg first. We were annihilated 5-1 over there and drew the home leg 2-2, crashing out to a 7-3 aggregate defeat.

4th place and a CL semi seems a reasonable return but we lacked consistency and an edge to our play all season and lost a lot of games we should be winning. The board have given me £12m to spend in the summer and a quality DC to partner Vezo is the priority. Otamendi left on the last day of the January window and Ilori was the only half decent replacement I could find available within budget