Sports Interactive Community
Ty

FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

^ Nice result Evair.

:(... Lucas Romero has just left the club.. I'm gutted, even with a fee of £67m coming into the club.

Thanks man, Alcalcer is in a bit of a slump now and doesnt find the net that easily anymore but we're still holding the first place position but it's getting close now in La Liga

Maybe you could look in to Sergi Darder, Oriol Romeu or Kristoffer Ajer to "replace" Lucas Romero

Ive got Romeu, great wee player.

How's Negredo doing? you'll soon learn im probably the biggest(maybe only) Neg fan, he's been a revelation for me up top.

Ive got Romeu, great wee player.

How's Negredo doing? you'll soon learn im probably the biggest(maybe only) Neg fan, he's been a revelation for me up top.

I haven't used Negredo enough to get him in form, Paco has been my first choice and when he gets tired i rotate Paco with Negredo or Dybala

I just won La Liga with a great win at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

23b9e794f3.png

Rankings:

db1d2f04f4.jpg

I can't be more proud of my team :D

Hi guys,

What position do you find works best for Rodrigo? LW or ST? I play a Advanced forward and one IF and one WG.

Cheers, Quinby.

Fantastic thread Ty and inspiration for me to try a Valencia save for the first time since Baraja, Albelda, Carew, Mendieta and Angulo. ;)

I'm hoping that it'll be a long term save as my Schalke and Sociedad Tycoon saves have fizzled out a bit.

I managed to pick up Traore from Barca B. It took a key role and £40k a week to do it. Missed out on Samper though as he rejected a key role and £50k a week. I wanted Roberto too on loan but they wouldn't loan to a rival. Hopefully I can pick him up at the end of the season and I'm hoping I can get some transfer funds together so that I can poach Munir before Barca extend him.

Transfers In:

Vallejo - £675k

Traore - £2.5m

Neves - Loan

Lucas Romero - £7m including clauses.

Obiang - £6.5m including clauses.

Asensio - £2m.

Harry Kane - Loan

Total: £19.42m

Transfers Out:

Feghouli - £13m

Total: £13m

I cancelled the loans of Zucculini and the other midfielder and I am thinking of terminating Kane's loan now Negredo is fit.

Season so far:

Played 13, won 12 and drawn 1, 0-0 away to Sevilla, first game of the season. Haven't played Real yet but just won our first meeting with Barca at home 3-2. Traore bagging the winner after we let a 2-0 half time lead slip.

Barca are second, won 11 and lost 2, with Madrid third, won 9, drawn 1 and lost 2 with a game in hand.

Enjoying it tremendously at the moment. Hopefully we'll get some cash to spend in January, but by the sound of things we probably wont. :(

Alright guys, I've struggled to really get in to FM15 so far so I'm going to try to recreate one of my best saves from I think FM12 where I had a Valencia team made up only of Spanish players. I've also decided not to allow myself to scout players as it becomes too easy to see which players have the best potential, obviously from playing previous games I know roughly who is any good and who isn't at the start of the game but anyway.

It's a shame to have lost some of the best Spanish players like Guaita, Canales, Romeu, Victor Ruiz, Bernat etc so it will be a bit harder to start. With the current squad it looks like I'm missing 2 centre backs and the youth team looks very average. Anyway I will be getting around to selling as many of the non Spaniards as possible and bringing in some half decent replacements as soon as I can.

Bad news is we just lost our first game of the season. :(

Good news is it was 4-1 away to Barca in the semi final second leg of the cup, with a weakened team and having won the first leg 4-0 at home. :)

We'll face Real in the cup final.

In the league so far we've won 20 and drawn 2 of the 22 games played. Barca and Real have games in hand but even if the win them I'll still have a 7 point lead. Having said that, we still need to play them both away but I'm hoping that the drain of European football will take it's toll on them as the title race hots up.

Dola.

Just had our first league loss of the season, away to Real 2-0. Next game is against them in the cup final so hopefully we can get some revenge.

Played 36, won 30, drawn 5 and lost 1. Barca are second, 5 points behind with 2 games to play. Celta at home (who I beat 8-1 away) and Almeria away, so we should get the 2pts we need to be confirmed champions.

Then I think the real hard work will start, trying to keep key players and bring in enough reinforcements for the Champions League next season.

UywQShb.jpg?1

Could this be two in a row!?

@davehibb Playing away to those two is brutal sometimes, going well that aside.

I've become bored of Valencia, way too easy :(

I've just won the league scoring 136 goals.

77dc904d440504a23b2f2d494088d966.png

Going into the 4th season and this is the team;

61caaf6de1e7e30262dd6ba725bbb5c9.png

Finally got my long term targets of De Gea and Carvajal, almost starting 11 of Spanish, except Tielemans.

The squad is looking pretty damn Spanish. It is young, and it could go on for years dominating.

252c8c3b72a11192a3d90e883e1e280a.png

105d8051e5b7f3e271363fd7cbcedde3.png

Just bored, though.

That's a shame Ty, I can understand it, I'm just about to win my second Champions League in a row and that has seemed just too easy. The game still had some legs as I have players I'm attached to developing, I have goals domestically in terms of equalling or bettering the big twos history.

Be a shame to lose you from the thread bruv, well done getting De Gea, what did United settle with?

That's a shame Ty, I can understand it, I'm just about to win my second Champions League in a row and that has seemed just too easy. The game still had some legs as I have players I'm attached to developing, I have goals domestically in terms of equalling or bettering the big twos history.

Be a shame to lose you from the thread bruv, well done getting De Gea, what did United settle with?

£45m (came to around £55m with signing on fee) for De Gea and £27.5m for Carvajal.

I was expecting more of a challenge, granted these are the tactics are made with Arsenal and seem to be unstoppable. I should probably stop using them! I guess I'll play lower league for a bit, maybe with my Pompey side and be able to come back to the save when I fancy playing with the top players again.

Ty and you said Valencia is challenge. It looks so easy for you' date=' nice team btw :applause:[/quote']

It should be a challenge, but it isn't just me having all the success either :D strange.

I am proud of the Spanish team I have managed to bring in, all top youth prospects and even the more established better Spanish players (De Gea, Carvajal, Martinez x2).

I don't think the tactics for managers in spain have been set up very well. I found everyone plays the same formation (42121) apart from RM/Barca. Half the managers don't actually play with their well known tactics - Simeone doesn't play 442. Ancelotti plays 41221, which I'm sure they don't use... Maybe that's the reason it's a bit too easy?

Teams aren't playing to their actual strengths because SI have left half of them on default settings. I found it a bit frustrating when I gave this save a go, too unrealistic.

Valencia Season 4 : Review

2VoKvlr.jpg

XFYiPDe.jpg?1

An absolute stormer of a year on the park, off the park it was less glorious but ill get to that next update. I've never had a save where I've achieved so much success, as Ty has said it's maybe came too soon but I'm trying to achieve it by recruiting differently from a lot of people. I'm trying to build something with them and do think there is a lot of legs still in this save due to the history of domination of Barcelona and Real Madrid, I want Valencia to become that dominant force and feel that's the challenge for me, to break those two clubs records. Every year Madrid & Barca spend huge to bring a new challenge add that to the change in management at the clubs which brings a new approach, the game is still fun. Due to the success of the season, a lot of the squad is wanted so the summer presents the challenge of either keeping our boys together, making sure we get as much as we can for them to help the debt and source replacements that fit in with the ethos of the club.

League Review

FU5skhO.png?1

Walked it to be honest, we made it difficult at times but due to the absolute catastrophic seasons by both Real Madrid & Barcelona the two never really got close. Still too many stupid draws and loses, all except one game was away as usual but still our best campaign overall. Happy again with the defense, want to continue to try and lower that each season.

Copa del Rey Review

bSYbztk.png?1

WooHoo!!

It's about time, again though I feel it's more to do with how poor Madrid and Barca have been this year than anything I've done. It wasn't easy and this competition really is my kryptonite, its the prize I've found most difficult to attain. Really happy to finally have climbed that mountain.

Champions League Review

I actually couldn't believe we managed to defend our crown. We topped a pretty easy group that saw Liverpool finish bottom. 1st knockout round out us up against Galatasary who we cast aside if im honest, the next round not being so kind when we were drawn against Real Madrid. A 5-3 win makes it seem a lot more convincing that it actually was, delighted to get one over on Real though. A semi Final against money bags PSG, who have went mental spending wise, was far to close for me. The tie finished 5-4 to us but it could easily have went the other way, PSG are my biggest fear on the European scene due to the craziness of their recruitment.

That led us all the way to Cardiff, Wales for the final and a somewhat "derby" game against domestic rivals Barcelona, who seem to be having a much better time of it in Europe than they have back at home.

Final Vs : Barcelona

fJQIbKK.png?1

Transfer Review

Total Expenditure : £34.5m

Total Income : £110m

Ins

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona - Free

Thiago - FC Bayern - Free

Gaston Gil Romero - Estudiantes - £8m

Alvaro Vadillo - Real Betis - £5m

Ricardo Centurion - Racing Club - Free

*NewGens* In

Santiago Iubatti - Boca - £4.7m

Federico De Zan - Boca - £9.75m

Nicolas Dominguez - Velez - £3.5m

Bruno Fernandez - River - £3.4m

Joel Salazar - Atletico Chalaco - Free

Franz Vargas - Universidad de Chile - loan(with an option)

------------------------------------------

Out

Lucas Romero - Manchester City - £67m

Victor Ruiz - Deportivo - £2.9m

Andre Gomes - Espanyol - £1m

Nicolas Otamendi - Chelsea - £38.5m

Squad Review

There's so many players who really stood out this year, one of my biggest surprises was Sebastian Vegas, this young lad looks like a great replacement for Otamendi. The new signings really settled in and the old heads(Negredo) still have a lot of offer.

Fans Player of the Year

Alvaro Negredo

uch3sGn.png?1

Managers Player of the Year

Gerard Deulofeu

N3YHfRo.png?1

Top 5 Performer's Of The Season

Fede Cartabia

auUNmC5.png?1

Ruben Neves

pCKlgOC.png?1

Ruben Vezo

sMHLZNt.png?1

Alvaro Vadillo

wVDDBYG.png?1

Ey30xjs.png?1

Luciano Acosta

iPV7RLO.png?1

Player Awards

rt4mX7Y.png?1

104W3bi.png?1

HqHSNO8.png?1

c8wiGGF.png?1

yM6DVXq.png?1

3LMuev6.jpg?1

ztT8CDC.jpg

This also happened during the summer, my first tournament in charge of the Spanish National side..

Ha..

W9Zuz9V.png?1

bo743hr.png?1

Just finished my first season with Valencia. Finished in 3rd place with 92 points. Overall happy with the season. Transfers first season.

In:

Lucas Romero (Velez) - 7 m £

Federico Bonazzoli (Inter Milan) - 1,2 m £

Pione Sisto (FC Midtjylland) - 2,5 m £

Out:

Carlos Akapo (Las Palmas) - Loan

Ferran Ferri (Racing) - Loan

Alberto Tendillo (Racing) - Loan

Really disappointed, only got 2,8 m £ to use on new players before the new season.

Have been inspired by this thread to start a Valencia save for the first time since a long time. Remember playing them when they had Aimar, Baraja and Vicente - that was one of the best pass-and-play teams I've ever seen! But this time, the team and finances are a bit different.

Started by only bringing in one new centre back, the always excellent Eder Balanta. Had a rough start to the campaign while I was struggling to get my tactics right. Finally settled in a 3-4-1-2 formation with an Enganche as focal point. See below. Parejo was to be the main man in this tactic, but while he was good, his replacement when he was injured outshone him and was my starter for the second half of the season: Rodrigo De Paul! What a youngster to have.

Tactic

Results

Real Madrid was rampant this season and almost unstoppable for most of La Liga. I was able to beat them twice: once in the league and once in the Copa del Rey. This was in the final in extra time! So while I finished second in the league, we had some silverware to celebrate! Happy days.

Final La Liga table

Team

In the january transfer window I was able to snatch up a transfer listed Sergi Roberto from Barcelona. I also thought to have a good deal by bringing in a promising Argentian youngster at centre back on a year and a half loan from River (with a future fee agreed), but then I was confronted by the 3 foreign player restriction in Spain. This will hamper my squad building for the second season somewhat.

One of my best players was Rodrigo, so I'm hoping to get enough transfer funds to get him in permanently. And I was also able to resign Otamendi and Paco on new contracts with higher release clauses, so I'm hoping to keep them at least another season.

Transfers

Squad stats

Quick question: do you have to buy the agent's stake to be able to play Rodrigo? Because that would make him very expensive.

No you can play him without it but to buy him permanently you would have to bite the bullet, which does make him pricey. He's worth it though.

Unlike the english premiership other nations don't have to buy full rights to get a player to play. Spanish/portugese teams make great use of this

Ah that's great. His agent wants another €31M for his stake and there's no way I'm able to raise that kind of money. In which situation would I want to buy out his agent?

Don't, Just keep loaning him, that's what I've done and I'm in season 5... Oh and I'm just about to sign him up on a bosman!

We ended season one by winning the league by 10pts in the end and setting a new La Liga record, though we did lose in extra time to Real in the Copa Del Rey.

In other news Aresene Wenger's Arsenal did the league, FA Cup and Champs League treble in season 1. :o

Season 2 started with us fielding numerous bids for our star players and only a 60% share of transfer money being reinvested, not to mention a budget of only about £6m too. Mustafi was sold to Dortmund for £22m and we brought in Balanta for £8m. The other main signing for the first team was Markovic on loan from Liverpool.

We struggled in the League, eventually finishing 3rd behind Barca who tore it up under new coach Frank DeBoer and Real. We did however win the Spanish Super Cup, the Copa del Rey, beating Barca in the final and also the Champions League, beating PSG in the final and overcoming Barca in the semis, so still a very successful season.

Just started season 3 and even with all the prize money the budgets haven't changed at all, still only got about £80k per week in wages and £6m in transfer kitty, though transfer retention is back up to 100%. I'm almost hoping that someone comes in with a monster bid for Romero, Parejo or Alcacer now.

In other news, Brendan Rodgers is the new Real coach after winning the league in season 2 with Liverpool. Ancelotti has taken over at Liverpool after being fired. I was approached by both Real and Man Utd to be their next manager but turned both down, though I have replaced Del Bosque as Spain coach after the Euros and so far in season 3 we've won the European Super Cup, thrashing Arsenal and also winning the Super Copa, beating Barca on away goals.

I've brought in Hernandez from Utd in a Bosman and signed Delofeu from Barca for £2.5m after he was listed.

Has anyone seen the board free up more funds a few seasons in?

Yeah I'm in season 5 and after selling some players over the last few years it seems the healthy the bank balance the more you'll get in funds. It helps the closer you get to paying off the debts(all which are paid off in 2019) and when we move into the new stadium(also 2019).

I'm just about half way through season 5, not played it in about a week and a half so gonna get back into tomorrow night.

Yeah I'm in season 5 and after selling some players over the last few years it seems the healthy the bank balance the more you'll get in funds. It helps the closer you get to paying off the debts(all which are paid off in 2019) and when we move into the new stadium(also 2019).

I'm just about half way through season 5, not played it in about a week and a half so gonna get back into tomorrow night.

After much pleading in season 3 I've managed to get the wages increased which has allowed us to go from £6m-£11m in transfer funds, which gives us a little more leeway.

Just had my biggest win for some time in a top level competitive match in FM, 11-0 away to Alaves in La Liga... I don't think I could be more disappointed with the final score though, given we were 9-0 up in 19 minutes... Yep, 9-0 in 19 minutes... I guess I'm just greedy. :D

Did anyone send Negredo back to City to save on wages for a year?

I kept him season 1 and he was our number one striker, though Alcacer overtook him in season 2. One thing I never looked at was seeing if I could have terminated the deal to bring him in permanently but I'm guessing that is hard coded in the game? Too late to worry now and he seems to be happy to sit on the sidelines in season 3 behind Alcacer and Hernandez.

You can't cancel the deal as it's hard coded. No I didn't send him back either, he's been my top scorer and number #1 front man for 5 seasons now. Both Rodrigo and Alacaer run him close, buts he's been immense for me.

I'm very tempted to send him back and rely on Alcacer & Rodrigo. I appreciate he will be back permanently next year but it will allow me to adjust my budget and sign Romero. Based on other people's experiences, the budgets are quite small after the first season and so need to be topped up with sales. Selling Romero for £40m+ is a much stronger longer term plan.

You can't send Negredo back. The deal is hardcoded and already set to go through at the end of the season.

Jan season 3 and we've added the World Club Championship to the Super Cups we've already won this season and we lead Barca by a point with a game in hand in the league and have HSV coming up in the 1st knockout round of the CL.

Just offloaded Negredo to Inter for £12m. Couldn't justify him being on £63k a week and being behind Alcacer and Hernandez given how tight things are financially. We're a little light up top now though injury wise and we've had a glut of injuries too to our wide men, so hopefully we can bring in some reinforcements before the window closes either on loan or permanently.

Trying hard to prise Samper away from Barca as he's unhappy and wants first team football and upset about broken promises. Hopefully he'll force a move before the window closes too.

Gonna start with Valencia tonight :cool:

Decided I want to sign Alvaro Vadillo and Ayoze Perez when he's available.

Gonna start with Valencia tonight :cool:

Decided I want to sign Alvaro Vadillo and Ayoze Perez when he's available.

Vadillo is a huge favourite of mine, you'll see a few posts up how good a season 4 he had for me, all for £5m! I've looked at Ayoze and reckon he'd make a decent F9, how would you play him?

Glad to see more people trying Valencia, hope it keeps up.

I had Vadillo on FM14 as well, he progressed to a decent standard, was a Spanish international, but wasn't top class so I sold him. IRL I've always liked him.

I was going to use Ayoze as AF (A). I've had a season at Newcastle and he was awesome for me in that. But with Rodrigo and Alcacer (plus Negredo!) already at the club not sure whether I'd need him on second thoughts! I only play one striker.

You can't send Negredo back. The deal is hardcoded and already set to go through at the end of the season.

I cancelled the loan for the 2014/15 season. I know that he is joining permanently in July 2015. It saves you 70k a week which I adjusted into my transfer kitty.

I've started a Valencia save to run alongside my Olympique Lyonnais save and I'm looking forward to it. I've made some editorial changes: one being re-jigging their finances to align with real-life, clearing €90 million of debt and restructuring the repayments of the remaining €220 million-odd. I've also added Enzo Pérez's transfer to the game; he'll join on January 1st for €25 million.

Hopefully this save will be enjoyable as my OL save has been.

Season 3 is hotting up... We have a 3pt lead over Barca after 28 games, face Bayern in the CL as we look to try and retain the trophy and we're in our 3rd consecutive CDR final against Barca once more.

I brought in Munian on loan from PSG with a £6.5m agreed fee to fill the space in the squad left by Negredo's departure and he's played so well in the 7 or 8 games so far that I've made the deal permanent, giving us Traore, Deulofeu, Munian, De Paul and Caratiba to cover our wide positions... In fact, here's a quick break down of my squad:

GK - Alves, Leali & Yoel

DR - Peruzzi & Barragan

DL - Gaya & Lato

DC - Otamendi, Balanta, Vallejo & Ferrer (newgen)

DM - Romero & Fuego

MC - Parejo, Obiang, Roberto & Asensio

AML - De Paul, Munian & Caratiba

AMR - Traore & Deulofeu

ST - Alcacer, Hernandez & Flores (newgen)

Fantastic 3rd season for us, as we won every competition possible!

Super Copa, ESC, WCC, La Liga, CDR and we retained the Champions League too!

It was a battle with Barca all the way until the last couple of weeks of the season when we pulled away. We also defeated Barca on penalties in the CDR. We absolutely battered them so glad we could eventually get the job done. We then beat them 3-2 and 4-3 in th Champions League semif final after beating Bayern 4-1 on aggregate in the QF. We then faced Brendan Rodgers Real Madrid in the final and triumphed 4-1, with Alcacer bagging a hat-trick.

Traore also won his 3rd Golden Boy award, even though he missed half the season with injuries. Deulofeu really stepped up in his absence and Munian has been a great addition. Of the existing squad, De Paul was really impressive too, as was Vallejo when he was called on and Alcacer and Hernandez we're assassins infront of goal, with 70 goals in all comps. Our wide men (Traore, Deulofeu, De Paul, Cartiba & Munian) also combined for 51 in total too.

Plans for season for are to do it all again and try and prise Samper away from Barca as he's unhappy and in the last year of his contract, and Munir away from Chelsea as he's unhappy too. We have some money to play with as the board increased our wage structure by about 400k per week, which has allowed us to have a £20m kitty.

Frank DeBoer was sacked by Barca after 2 seasons, 1 liga title, 2 CDR finals and 2 ECL semi finals. I was offered an interview but as with Man Utd and Real last year, I declined. Jardim has replaced him. Brendan Rodgers is also under pressure after just 1 season at Real, despite reaching the Champions League final and finishing 3rd.

ValenciaCF-2014-2015_zps36f07010.png

Just a brief update on how my first couple of months have gone as Valencia manager. Pre-season (see below) was fairly productive. Barring the capitulation away at a Mauro Icardi-inspired Internazionale, the results were fairly positive to match the promising performances. Emphasis of my pre-seasons are placed on fitness and tactical familiarity and we were successful in establishing good levels for both. We encountered a few injury problems - Javi Fuego missed all but the opening game with a back strain; Rodrigo De Paul twisted his knee and missed a large chunk - but the main cause for concern was Paco Alcácer's form, or lack of. Here's hoping he picks some up for the season's start...

Pre-season-fixturesandresults_zpsc40857e6.png

Onto the La Liga season, we suffered a fairly big blow before we even kicked a ball - Carles Gil, who had an exciting pre-season, tore his calf muscle in the week building up to our first league game of the season versus Sevilla. He'll miss up to four months and will probably return in late December, early January.

24.8.2015 - La Liga

Sevilla - 0

Valencia - 1 (Rodrigo '25)

An excellent way to start the season. We set out to remain tight at the back, defend as a unit and break quickly and with pace and potency. The game plan worked and we began our La Liga campaign with an quality result at the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán. The first and only goal came from a well-worked move as we manoeuvred the ball into Sevilla's penalty area where Paco Alcácer received and held up the ball before back-heeling it into the path of Rodrigo who finished comfortably. A thoroughly enjoyable beginning to our season.

30.8.2014 - La Liga

Valencia - 3 (Rodrigo '27, '51, '64)

Málaga - 0

My first managerial experience at the Mestalla was, again, thoroughly enjoyable. We set-out with a more expansive and controlling shape and tactic, with a trio of André Gomes, Filipe Augusto and captain Dani Parejo. Rodrigo's hat-trick - his first for Valencia and his second, third and fourth goals of the season - showed great variety in his finishing. The first saw him cut inside from his right-hand channel, jink passed two on the periphery of the penalty area before lashing a powerful shot into Guillermo Ochoa's bottom left-hand corner. The second saw him utilise his goalscoring instinct to capitalise on an Ochoa mishap, slotting in at the far-post after Málaga's 'keeper parried a Filipe Augusto volley. His third was just as good as his first: José Gayá's fine cross flew over Antunes' head at the far-post where Rodrigo sweetly volleyed the ball, first time with his weaker foot, into the top corner.

Valencia - 1 (Paco Alcácer '80, Mustafi second yellow '62)

Espanyol - 4 (Sergio García '24, '88, Sevilla '63, Stuani pen '65)

My second managerial experience at the Mestalla wasn't quite so enjoyable. Gayá picked up an injury while away with Spain under-21s meaning we had to line-up with an unfamiliar backline and the excellent Sergio García took full advantage. He gave our centre-back pairing of Otámendi and Mustafi a torrid time. I was disappointed in Mustafi's sending off, especially as his second yellow came from a stupid lunge from behind having told him at half-time to watch his step. Paco scored his first goal of the season, industriously chasing down a sloppy Espanyol back pass and finishing well, but this was a big bump as we came back down to Earth.

As detailed in a few posts up, I've made a few editorial changes for my save. I've cleared €90 million-worth of debt and restructured the repayments of the remaining €220 million-odd to align with real-life. I've also added Enzo Pérez's transfer to the game; he joins in January for €25 million, again to mirror real-life events.

I've also made a few additions to my backroom staff, revamping the scouting system in particular. Gonazlo Abando, Pedro Jaro, Dudu Fontes and Sergio Zanetti have all come into aid with fitness, goalkeeper, defensive and attacking coaching respectively. I've also acquired numerous scouts - Newton Motta, Pederzolli, Joan Martínez Vilaseca - in order to give sua scouting range and knowledge of players. Physio César Cobián also comes in in order to try and stem the number of injuries.

I'm enjoying this save!

Half way through my second season and we're playing a bit different from the season before. Arsenal came in for Mustafi and I sold him for 28.5M euros. This freed up the money to buy Rodrigo, our star performer, from Benfica. I wanted to get more out of him and be able to also play Parejo, Sergi Roberto and Cartabia, so we switched to a 4-3-3 with Rodrigo as raumdeuter on the right flank. It took some time to get the tactic working, but right now we're playing a patient passing game, build on a strong defence.

The table is looking like this. As you can see from the 3 top performers, Barca is outscoring everybody, but they're inconsistent and also losing too many games. Both Real Madrid and we out unbeaten as of yet. I'm currently on top, but they have 2 games in hand. We're still in the UCL, topping our group and playing Porto in the 1st knockout round. Thank god we had an easy group with Monaco, Benfica and Twente.

The winter transfer window is open and PSG has offered a 18.5M euro deal for Vezo with another 6M euro's based on appearances. Should I take this, right now he's only played in 9 games.

So after 3x BBVA, 2x Copa del Rey, 2x Supercopa and the 1x Champions League and getting a little bit bored of the game, I really want to start playing my Valencia save again.

I'll be using my beautiful team I posted up the page;

61caaf6de1e7e30262dd6ba725bbb5c9.png

What a dream team :cool:

Mainly looking forward to playing with Rodrigo and Adama Traore again. I wonder if they both can replicate last season;

Rodrigo

f18c86e5b5b1ebcdf049598c29053400.png

Adama Traore

900d7248c2856d9814834e0382cea947.png

Awesome to have you back Ty!

Thread's getting busy again, I should have an update for season 5 up at some point this week I hope.

ValenciaCF-2014-2015_zps36f07010.png

19.9.2014 - La Liga

Getafe - 3 (Lacen '14, '66, Aristeguieta '58)

Valencia - 4 (Feghouli '13, Alcácer '17, pen' '20, De Paul '35)

A very much appreciated victory, but the manner in which we won it wasn't quite so appreciated - especially not by my heart! Sofian Feghouli was excellent, assisting three goals and getting one himself. Paco's first of two goals and De Paul's first for Valencia were quite similar - sweeping near-post finished following some excellent wing play from Algerian Feghouli. Plenty to improve on at the back as is emphasised further down in this post...

25.9.2014 - La Liga

Valencia - 3 (Alcácer '54, '87, Rodrigo '73)

Córdoba - 1 (Ghilas '85)

Another good win. Despite not breaking the deadlock until after half-time and Nabil Ghilas' late lifeline, the victory was a formality. We dominated possession, dominated passing statistics and peppered Juan Carlos' goal with plenty of shots. Rodrigo was excellent - scoring one and assisting one - continuing his fine run of early season form.

28.9.2014 - La Liga

Real Sociedad - 3 (Vela '19, '23, Agirretxe '72)

Valencia - 0

We set-up to counter David Moyes' Real Sociedad - a ploy which worked so well on the season's opening day versus Sevilla - but it was absolutely horrible here. Carlos Vela killed the game in just four minutes, exploiting the inexperience of José Gayá on our left-hand side. Deeply disappointing; defensive cracks uncovered.

4.10.2014 - La Liga

Valencia - 3 (Piatti '34, Alcácer '44, '68)

Atlético Madrid - 4 (Torres '54, Griezmann '56, Mandžukić '80, Gabi '83)

What a first-half it was. Two-nil up at half-time against last season's champions courtesy of two excellent goals from a centralised Piatti and an in-form Paco. Sadly, the capitulation was painfully predictable, particularly after Fernando Torres' goal. Every one of Atlético's four goals were preventable. Torres' down to poor goalkeeping, Griezmann's down to poor positional play from our defensive unit, Mandžukić's the result of incredibly sloppy back-post defending from a set-piece and Gabi's - a three-pass counter-attack from one end to the other - could well have been stopped by greater defensive determination. What a horrible ending.

18.10.2014 - La Liga

Deportivo la Coruña - 0

Valencia - 0

A drab performance; a disappointing result. I decided to play a system which incorporated a back-five. While it was defensively stable, albeit against a toothless Depor, there was little cohesion or potency in attack. We didn't even manage to create a single clear-cut chance. Positive: Álvaro Negredo made his first start since returning from his foot injury.

25.10.2014 - La Liga

Valencia - 3 (Zuculini '36, Rodrigo '85, Parejo pen' '89)

Elche - 0 (Arques sent off '79)

A similar game to Córdoba at the Mestalla, albeit with fewer chances. While the scoreline flattered our attacking effort somewhat, the performance was positive as were a few individual performance, not least that of Bruno Zuculini and Rodrigo (again). We continued with the 5-2-1-2 formation. Zuculini's goal the pick of the bunch - a rasping 30-yard strike following a Rodrigo knock-down.

1.11.2014 - La Liga

Villarreal - 1 (Moreno '50)

Valencia - 1 (Negredo '88)

A much more positive performance. While it may not seem so on the surface, we restricted Villarreal to very little, bar Moreno's goal, and probably should have won. Negredo, a second-half substitute for Lucas Orban which signalled our change back to a 4-2-3-1 formation, bagged the equaliser. José Gayá's wicked cross found the powerful left-foot of the yet fully fit Negredo who made no mistake. A good point.

9.11.2014 - La Liga

Valencia - 1 (Piatti '40, Zuculini second yellow '43)

Athletic Bilbao - 1 (Aurtenetxe second yellow '35, Ibai Gómez '85)

An infuriating performance for many reasons. One, we were excellent and thoroughly deserved a victory. Two, Bruno Zuculini's pathetic red card. Three, Pablo Piatti. We exploited our numerical advantage just five minutes after Athletic's red card. Rodrigo cut inside to find Piatti in the inside-left channel before planting a shot into across Iraizoz's goal into the top corner. Then Bruno Zuculini, who I was planning on substituting at half-time in fear of this eventuality, slid in stupidly and was sent off himself. Despite that, we controlled the game well in the second-half until another lapse of concentration defensively allowed Ibai Gómez to ghost in at the near-post and glance a cross into the net. Utterly infuriating.

Other news: We've really struggled with injuries over the past month or so. Javi Fuego, Shkodran Mustafi, Lucas Orban, André Gomes, Sofian Feghouli and Nicolás Otamendi (all key players) have all picked up injuries of ranging severity and it is desperately frustrating. Luckily, with games against city rivals Levante and big boys Barcelona beckoning, all seem to be close to returning. In another attempt to prevent injuries, I mutually terminated head physio Luís Pinto's contract and replaced him with Franco Combi, a much-renowned Italian physiotherapist. Here's hoping he can make a difference...