FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

Ty

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season finished and I ended with a 2-0 against Celta and then a 3-1 over Almeria which put me into 3rd. Delighted with that as I was sweating on a top 4 finish only a few games ago. Only got 3.5 million initial budget from the board though so may have to sell to start to mold the squad. To top it all off Sunderland won the FA Cup final :) even though they were relegated :(

Starting a Valencia save today. As a real life fan there my "go to" club every year in Famager.

Strictly buying only Spanish/Argentians (staff also) and I will be offloading those who aren't.

I always feel by doing this it not only sticks to the clubs history but also keeps the players morale high.

By disabling the first season transfer window I will be able to give playing time to those unwanted players and by doing this make it easier to sell them on at the end of the season.

I'll be trying to have a central midfield pair of L.Romero and G.Gil Romero (quite similar to the Baraja/Albeda partnership) and re-train D.Parejo to an AMC role. Parejo is quality so I have plans to have him as my future enganche, spraying passes to the forward runs of Piatti,Rodrigo and Alcacer.

Parejo has been outstanding for me, anyway currently 1st with 10 games to go, 2 of them games are against Barcelona and Real Madrid and only 3 points clear so going to be close, players have really took to my counter attacking, highly structured 4-2-3-1 formation, top scorer is Negredo with 12 goals in 15 games, Parejo has 9 in 21 appearances, Rodrigo has 9 goals in 23 games, Piatti has 9 in 30 games, Romero has 7 goals as well, my best player so far has been Joao Pereira with an average rating of 8.16,

The possibly long term target to replace Negredo in a year or so has been snapped up by Bayern Munich.

a7b2f8d4601ab82d788cfb0ee2ba7712.png

£56m, I couldn't really compete with that. So good luck to him! Hopefully I will be able to bring Paco back from PSG instead :)

Valencia Season 1 : Review

2VoKvlr.jpg

XFYiPDe.jpg?1

Well I was pretty much right, the departures in the January window really put us on a downward spiral that culminated in us finishing the season in 3rd place. Too many draws aswell as losing away to Barcelona, Atletico & Real Madrid cost us dearly, those results where down to me both tactically and transfers wise. Despite the dip in form the second half of the season there where at least some positives, in the absence of Dani a few people step up to claim "the throne" so to speak.. Lucas Romero makes me not want to let him leave, he really is a top prospect.. Already with 10 caps for Argentina he's true lay destined for the top.

The rest of the season pretty much panned out as expected, we didn't managed to clinch the title and ultimately as I said we finished 3rd and the goal of Champions League qualification was achieved so all in all I guess what was hoped for originally we managed if not a bit lost with that good start we got.

League Review

N7JNfUo.png?1

As you can see we drew a host of games and lost only 4, of those 13 games it's interesting to note that only one of those draws occurred at home and the rest plus the defeats all happened on the road. Our terrible away form is something I really need to look at and would be great full if anyone could offer advice, I think I'm being too attacking playing, trying to play like I do at home and it's clearly not working at times. The problem comes when I have held us back "creatively" and tried to make us harder to break down so we can hit on the counter as most do away it's not really work, evidently. Now this is mostly due to my set up but I can't help but think that we may be too light weight to play a "Mourinho-Esque" battling game.. It's something ill need to address but will take time.

One of my happier outcomes was the mean defense who kept the most clean sheets in La Liga last year, we also managed to bang in a few goals while we were at it.. Again though most of that was at the Mestiila.

Copa del Rey Review

rZFypFW.png?1

It all started out so brightly with a solid run all the way to the semi final which saw us come up against a Barcelona side out for revenge, we folded under the pressure and I didn't help with a couple of tactical choices which backfired, I tried to put Barca under pressure from kick off and put the on the back foot for the first 20 mins to see if I could nick a goal or two then close up shop, Unfortunately that goal never came and they hit us with 2 goals in quick succession which we never really recovered from. Disappointed as I feel we had a genuine chance to grab a peice of silverware. Barcelona gave a real awakening with that two legged ravaging.

Transfer Review

QQvDSzA.png?1

Nothing.

No really practically nothing.. I've got one potential incoming on a free transfer but he is a back up left back to bolster the squad and take some of the burden of Gaya since Obran was sold to River Plate. There is no money this year to make any signings and the board has confirmed this by giving me a 0 transfers budget to "challenge for the title".. The only silver lining is the return of a number of players from loan has seen a bit of depth added to the squad. Victor Ruiz and Fede Cantariba will be really important players this season, as will Rober after his immergence last season(Thanks again hebsysn). The best peices of business I've managed is to renew the loan signings of both Rodrigo and Ruben Neves, I'm gonna spend the entirety of this season raising the funds to activate Ruben's release clause of £17m, the boys a star.

On the flip side of my non activity in the way there is strong interest in a bunch of the squad, Roma have there eyes on at least 3 of our players, I got all the important players to sign new contracts last season to get rid of some of the low release clauses within them, they've now all got hefty minimum fees in them so hopefully should any bids come in the buying clubs will have to pay us a decent premium. I do feel we're lacking in a couple of areas and we could suffer this season due to it, I'm preparing for a long slog.

Sad story.. but this. :(

He isn't thaaaaat bad, poor guy :D it is a lot of money though.

Good season though :thup: RAISE THE CASH and sign Neves, it needs to be done. I still haven't done it yet, but I definitely will be spending some of my £48m on him!

Really? :( That's offputting :D Thought Valencia haven't made it permanent yet? :confused:

Can't you sign anyone else apart from Neves, Ty ;)

Yeah, but supposedly they have signed Rodrigo permanently but that isn't done in game, who knows? :D Hey now, Neves is a quality player and so far I've used different players in this save, I am allowed one duplicate signing from another save! ;)

In good news, me and Real Madrid are really battling it out and leaving Barca in our wake.

41d85371654ca84c2a8a218a75079d62.png

Still no signing of De Gea or the regen Spanish GK. Clubs wanting £73m and £38m respectively. Transfer news though, with both our RB's going at the end of the season on a free... they have been replaced with Peruzzi for £5.5m and Zaldua for £5.5m (must be the magical number) both arriving at the end of the season. Hopefully they will battle it out for a starting spot pre-season! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Good price for Peruzzi, very much a Valencia right back.

Oh man sooo close, hows your results against the big two been? I really recommend giving Rober a chance, he's had some start to season 2 for me.

No 'top' RB's are available to me right now, so both seem good enough to be competing for a first eleven spot.

Really good actually, I seem to drop points and lose to silly teams :D really frustrating! Smash the big teams, like everyone else seems to in here. Rober is currently on a rolling contract, but wont get a chance with my wingers unfortunately.

In real life right now, Valencia are drawing 4-4, after being 3-1 down HT... I have money on this game and need Valencia to win. If they don't, I will be so tempted to delete my save out of anger :D need the money for Christmas!

Hey I noticed in the OP there was no mention of Joao Cancelo, the Portuguese right back on loan from Benfica. Apparently he has high potential.

Did you guys use him at all? Could be an option instead of Barragan.

Also does the loan deal include a clause to purchase?

Hey I noticed in the OP there was no mention of Joao Cancelo, the Portuguese right back on loan from Benfica. Apparently he has high potential.

Did you guys use him at all? Could be an option instead of Barragan.

Also does the loan deal include a clause to purchase?

I didn't bother putting him down, as I felt with Pereira/Baragán in the first team squad he wouldn't really get a look in (as he starts in Mestalla). Doubled with the fact he isn't very good. Has the potential to be 'okay', at the VERY best and you get extremely lucky... he will be a tiny bit better than Barragan.

No future deal in place (£25m release clause), he isn't very good and doesn't have that good of a potential... I thought I'd save myself 15 minutes and just skip him :D

Season two is following a very similar path to season 1.. I feel to compete I'm gonna have to sell one or two of our stars to get funds so we can push on.. Not ideal.

Got a horrible Champions League group... Europa league bound I sense.

Wow, what a group :D I could see you finishing 2nd if a couple of them teams come to Spain and struggle.

Yeah, lost the away leg 4-1 before winning the home leg 3-1 :( damn.

A new deal for Adama Traore makes him the top paid player at the club at £90k/pw. It is a lot of money, but with PSG and Man City sniffing around him 'majorly' interested... I was happy to boost his contract and up his release clause from £35m to £75m. He will not be going any where cheap!

He is by far the best player in the squad, so I have no problem with it :) just need to make sure nobody kicks off about contracts (already had Otamendi do it this season) to be paid as much as him.

A new deal for Adama Traore makes him the top paid player at the club at £90k/pw. It is a lot of money, but with PSG and Man City sniffing around him 'majorly' interested... I was happy to boost his contract and up his release clause from £35m to £75m. He will not be going any where cheap!

He is by far the best player in the squad, so I have no problem with it :) just need to make sure nobody kicks off about contracts (already had Otamendi do it this season) to be paid as much as him.

Did he want to leave when he hear clubs are interested in him? Good to see you managed to boost his contract up.

No shame in defeat there :D

Yeah, but then 2 weeks later... I beat them in the Copa del Rey final! :) REVENGE.

Did he want to leave when he hear clubs are interested in him? Good to see you managed to boost his contract up.

Yeah, I was getting scared of that release clause :( didn't wanna lose him too cheaply. No he just wanted a new contract because of his performances which reminded me to give him one anyway, to get that release clause up.

I wont let him leave for less than £60m, not a chance! Possible replacements could be Deulofeu or sign and retrain Nahuel Leiva.

One win out of our last 2 games will see us lift the title again! :D I can't believe how well this save is going... I think the challenging part will be Champions League, rather than the BBVA.

7b8fbacc726777bbb5285b8784238623.png

:) just need to make sure nobody kicks off about contracts (already had Otamendi do it this season) to be paid as much as him.

It didn't even take a week;

b033a91065e8d8cba485f9b75328264e.png

There is no way I can risk losing Oliver though, but I am also not paying him more than Traore. I told him that 'there is plenty of time remaining on his contract' and he took it well :) and is 'pleased how the last chat went' under his information. Awesome!

3410df38b9fdfb9c48ef57794c61ef25.png

This is also going down to the wire, Rodrigo was running away with it... had 22 goals and flying. Then only scored 8 goals in 19 games :( his form really dropped, he has scored a goal in each of his last 4 though after not scoring in 6.

Last game, who is going to get it?

e9367922c13b17bb99d248b26853ebb4.png

Wow Ty, Your fairly becoming a force domestically... Im soooo far away from that!

Hows Oliver doing? Did you say you bought Saul as well?

Ive somehow managed to find myself in the semi finals of the Europa League, be a nice wee bonus if we can go all the way.

Getting a good return from Big Neg despite my hesitancy with his signing..

aFhz87R.jpg?1

Wow Ty, Your fairly becoming a force domestically... Im soooo far away from that!

Hows Oliver doing? Did you say you bought Saul as well?

Ive somehow managed to find myself in the semi finals of the Europa League, be a nice wee bonus if we can go all the way.

I wish, Athletico are demanding ridiculous fees for him. He'd be perfect to play alongside Oliver. Also, Oliver was a perfect replacement for Parejo! He has been awesome and improved so much in the space of a season.

There are some big transfers in the water right now. I think I might let Negredo go, he managed something like 10 league games this year thanks to injuries, can't deal with that, poor ol' Rodrigo was burnt out.

Winning Europa League would be a great acheivement, a trophy in the cabinet!

I've just had Man City bid £59m for Gaya, ALL upfront. They refused to pay the £60m minimum release clause... :D looks like he is staying!

He isn't even bothered by the interest and happy to stay on his £30k a week contract.

No he adapted very well! Scoring 12 in 20 appearances for PSG. I saw other teams bidding for him, and I couldn't let him go elsewhere, especially as he has improved his finishing by 2 since leaving us. I can already see the goals!

I sold him for his contract release clause at £30m, and I bought him back for £33.5m :D So happy!

--

I haven't been a club AND nation on FM since like FM12/13 I don't think, just had this pop up... not sure what to do. I mean, I could do the 2018 World Cup and then resign? I always seem to lose interest when I am a nation as well...

83f33921e1c61c0e2b8dbdfb1e6ade25.png

Spain would be exciting to manage. Think of all the Valencia players you can call up! (just kidding). I have a problem managing nations alongside my club team as well, as I lose interest too. But it does seem like an exciting challenge though.

I really want to start a Valencia save, but I'm kinda put off by the £0 transfer budget for season two, that basically all of you seem to get. Maybe I'll wait 'till the january update comes out in march or something.

Good to see you brought Paco back Ty :D

I would take Spain job and play all Valencia spanish players in starting 11 :D

Back in my FM10 Arsenal days, that is what I use to do with England :o

I am so happy to have Paco back :cool:

Not sure if I like how this window has gone, got to stick it out now though!

Ty: Great news on getting Paco back, and for a reasonable fee too. I'm surprised you're so rich so fast, given what the original 1st/2nd season budgets were. Also, I thought it would take much longer to challenge the big two (three).

Hoarau: Great updates as always, really good to see - and I always admire your graphical bits and pieces. I've decided that I will have a crack at this when I get to Spain - confession time that I was a follower of Valencia back in the late 90's and for a while after that, so will be trying to replicate the philosophies and signings of those days when I get there.

Good to hear Jogo, I'm sure you'll enjoy the challenge.

I'm no where near breaking the big two's grip, just got my budget for season 3 and its 0 again.. really enjoying it but do feel I wont be able to flex any financial muscle until 2019/20 when the loans are paid..

Vezo has left me :( he was such a good player this season as well. He is one I definitely regret selling but £23.5m was a lot of money!

Couldn't bring in my perfect replacement (Martinez), so I've got a stop-gap in Alejandro Gálvez for £2.4m this season and he'll give good cover to Otamendi/Vallejo. Also bringing in a 17 year old regen who would provide emergency cover if needed.

Finished my first season, won the title, started well in the 2nd season, Negredo came in for 20m which I had no choice about but he does score so not bothered about that, signed Ajer for 1m, bought back David Villa for a fee of 1.2m, Villa has barely started though and wants to leave, also bought in Neves and Rodrigo on loan and a few free transfers.

My Champions League group has got Benfica, Liverpool and Anderlecht, drew the first game with Benfica.

Archived