FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

Ty

PSG in for Romero. 25m upfront, a further 20m over 12 months, 9.5m after 50 league appearances and 9.5m after 10 international appearances. £64m total, not quite his release clause but I can't bring myself to turn that kind of money down

EDIT: He turned them down as he didn't like the basic wage on offer lol

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm not playing as them, this question is related to Valencia still.

Would Jose Luis Gaya be worth the investment if I activate his release clause (£25.5 million) at the start of the first season? Just want to really know how you guys have faired with him.

Mustafi's £23m release clause was met just before the deadline by Barca and Juve :(

He's gone to Barca. Now do I replace him now with a loan or rushed transfer, or wait till the summer.

Think I'll wait. I have Vezo, Otamendi and Vallejo. And Orban and Akapo who can cover at CB if needed.

Ideally didn't want anyone leaving during this title push but can't be helped! 6 points clear of Barca and 8 of Real ATM. Hopefully I can hold onto that lead!

I'd definetly give Vezo his chance to become your no#1 pairing with Otamendi then have Jesus Vallejo as the back up, means he may see more game time than he might have if Mustafi was around. Shame about the fee for Mustafi, same with korbenryan and Otamendi. I spent my first two seasons nigh on maxing out everyone's release clauses with new contract to ensure there were no slip ups like that, selling Otamendi, Vezo and Mustafi brought us in close to £145m I'd say.

Gaya is the most sought after full back in the world in my save, neck and neck with Mayke, he's also a regular with Spain(I am the manager though hehe), I'd never consider selling him for £25m but if I was another club looking to buy I'd maybe wait, I have a Southampton save with a friend and I managed to pick him up for £11m so monitor Valencia's season and he may become unsettled depending on their success.

Yeah to be honest Vezo has been playing a lot as it is. Was picking him over Otamendi in some games as his form was so good, so got no qualms starting him. Just would ideally like 4 CBs just might wait till June so I can get who I want! Not sure who that is yet though...

I had my eye on a lad from River Plate for a couple of season, I'd eyed him as Otamendi's replacement - Emanuel Mammama, unfortunatly Juventus snapped him up before I could.

I really miss Vezo, hopefully be able to bring him back eventually.

Yeah I'll check him out, think I've heard of him. Is Thiago Cassasola any good on 15?

Vezo has an £18m release clause on mine and after I rejected a bid he became unhappy :-|

Praying he becomes happy again so I can get him a new deal with a huge release clause!

After a little break, I've completed season 4 and (by the skin of our teeth) we managed another clean sweep (2 seasons in a row now) in the silverware department! :)

We somehow managed to win the league, with Real blowing their chances at the end of the season, allowing us to sneak it by a point. We beat Barca in the super copa and the CDR and lifted the CWC by beating Gremio 1-0 in the final. In Europe we won the Champions league by beating Arsenal (managed by Michel) 2-0 in the final and at the start of the season we lifted the ESC by beating Athletico Madrid 4-0.

We added one player to our squad in the January window, finally getting Munir (from Chelsea) for £23m and we balanced the books by selling Javier Hernandez (who we signed on a free in season 3) to Juve for £26m.

Unfortunately I couldn't guide Spain to world cup glory though, losing to eventual winners Colombia in the quarter final after extra time and was promptly sacked... Landed on my feet by taking the Argentina job though. :)

Just started season 5...

Beat Liverpool 3-0 in the ESC and Barca in the super copa 3-2 on agg. Simeone is their manager now, Jardin lasted just 1 season. Rodgers is still manager of Madrid. Season 5 transfers have been mainly newgens. A couple of Columbians who made their name in the world cup and Grimaldo at left back from Barca. Yoel left as his contract expired but no other major departures.

Valencia Mestalla won promotion to Liga Adelante. From our original squad, Fuego, Tendillo, Soler and Andre Gomes are in the team, along with Leali who I signed as cover at GK.

Nice work again dave, a very similar season 4 to myself. How's the squad looking now? I guessing your finances must be as booming as mine? Your going into season 5, the last at the Mestilla, the new stadium should really make a difference espically as the end of season 5 sees all the debts paid off which will bolster the bank balance massively.

Season 5 is quite an exciting season for Valencia actually!

Nice work again dave, a very similar season 4 to myself. How's the squad looking now? I guessing your finances must be as booming as mine? Your going into season 5, the last at the Mestilla, the new stadium should really make a difference espically as the end of season 5 sees all the debts paid off which will bolster the bank balance massively.

Season 5 is quite an exciting season for Valencia actually!

Thanks mate.

Yeah, looking forward to the stadium move and getting the debts cleared, not that we're in financial difficulties or anything. The board does keep lowering and then raising the transfer revenue but it's at 100% at the minute. I've spent £40m on new players, though £7m of that is on two newgens that I've loaned back to their clubs for the year. I've got £9m left in the transfer fund, £150k a week spare in wages and at the start of the season we had £51m in the bank and we're projected to turn a £130m profit.

Selling Alcacer to PSG for £55m plus £10m in add ons really helped us kick on... In fact, he's currently transfer listed for £13m and only played 8 games for them last season... I need him to play another 42 to get that £10m. :p

Just a couple more notes about my 4th season, Parejo was an absolute beast! 53 games, 32 goals (11 pens) & 18 assists! Traore won his 4th Golden Boy and his 1st Ballon D'or too. Malcom was probably an upgrade overall over Alcacer in terms of general play 49 games, 38 goals (3 pens) & 27 assists and he cost just £11m. :)

Here's how the team looks heading into season 5:

GK - Scuffet, Diego Alves, Leali

DR - Peruzzi, Barragan

DL - Gaya, Lato, Grimaldo

DC - Otamendi, Vallejo

DC - Balanta, Ferrer (academy newgen)

DM - Romero, Aguirre (Argentinian newgen), Pirlo - still at 39!

MC - Parejo, Rodelo (Columbian newgen)

MC - Obiang, Sergi Roberto

AMR - Traore, Deulofeu

AML - Munian, De Paul

STC - Malcom, Munir, Flores (Uruguayan newgen)

At the end of the season it may well be time to move Otamendi on. Vallejo is more than capable to be our starting DC and Ferrer, although he's only 19, is complaining about playing time, plus we have a 17yr old Greek newgen wonderkid in the wings on loan at his old club. Barragan will also be shipped out I think, with a young Columbian world cup winning full back coming in to rotate with Peruzzi at right back. Diego Alves contract will be up too, though I may try and extend him.

It's just about trying to develop younger guys for us now, rather than buying huge stars. Though we did pay £30m for Rodelo to be the eventual successor to Parejo. We've lacked a straight swap, creative playmaker in midfield since Juve poached Asensio a couple of seasons back.

Delighted with this..

R0QRwJa.png?1

53hN0JK.png?1

Good stuff Hoarau! :)

Deulofeu is only a squad man for me but has never let me down. Traore has been immense, though season 3 especially he suffered with injuries. I'm hoping that Malcom gets some recognition in the next year or two and that it's not just automatically Traore, like it's usually automatically Messi that wins everything.

Won our first 10 league games in season 5 (and set a record of 18 straight wins) but just lost 2-1 away to Barca, a late Rakitic thunderbolt our undoing. Struggling with injuries and fitness so far this season, so it's remarkable that we went so long before dropping points.

And Traore just emulated Deulofeu's feat in Hoarau's save, winning the World Player Of The Year and Ballon D'or in season 5. I guess he must be too old now to win the Golden Boy as a Dutch newgen from Ajax won it... And has been promptly shortlisted. :D

We won the CWC to add to the ESC a SSC and have won 14 of the 15 league games played and all 6 UCL group games too, plus 2 CDR ties. And as Argentina boss we won the SuperClassico beating Brazil in Rio to snap their domination of the trophy.

Youth product Lato is being shipped out with 2 clubs meeting our £7.5m asking price. Again a shame to see a youth product leave but with Gaya fit again and Grimaldo better at getting forward and only costing £750k, it's a luxury having 3 left backs registered and of course, it brings some cash back into the club too.

Season 2, done!

03Ce0Tu.png

Stand out performers were Alvaro Negredo and Fede Cartabia:

Yi0hMaa.png

WieD9zt.png

Real dilemma of whether to sell Negredo or not now!

Chuffed with the league win! Went out of the CL in the last 16 to Porto and out of the Spanish cup in the semis.

De Paul really went off the ball after winning the Golden Boy award, hardly did anything in the 2nd half of the season.

Congrats on the league win Baptista_8 :)

Season 5 has just drawn to a close for me.

We narrowly missed out on our 3rd consecutive clean sweep. Dieo Simeone's Barca trounced us 4-1 in the CDR final but we won everything else. Setting a new La Liga points record with 104 and beating Brendan Rodgers' Real Madrid in the Champions League Final for the second time in three years. We won 3-0 with the Columbian wonderkid we signed coming off the bench to score two late goals from midfield to seal the win.

A few changes of note for next season. We've agreed to sell De Paul to Man Utd for £41m. He was basically a backup to Munian and Traore for us, so I felt we couldn't refuse the offer. That said he was the Champions League top scorer with 9 goals this year and he contributed 18 goals and 28 assists in 46 games for us, so that's a lot of productivity to replace.

We've signed Sinan Kurt from Bayern for £1m as his immediate replacement.

I also got a message in the week leading up to the Champions League final that Peter Lim is retiring in a few weeks, then a message shortly after that a consortium was interested in the club, so we'll see how that goes. Finances seem to be declining even though we have £50m in the transfer kitty and are under our wage budget. So again we'll see how that goes and of course this season there's the move to the new stadium.

Here's the trophy list after season 5.

Champs League x 4 (in a row)

La Liga x 4 (3 in a row)

CDR x 3

SC x 4

ESC x 3

Valencia Mestalla also won Liga Adelante but of course they can't be promoted to La Liga.

CWC x 3

I just got a son through my youth intake!! Awesome..

**EDIT**

And he scores on his debut against 4th place Real Betis!!

Love it.

Haha cool mate! :)

I got a son in my first you intake on a Roma save in FM14. He was a pretty useful full back. No sign of one so far in FM15. In fact, I've only had one or two decent prospects in 5 intakes on this Valencia save. :(

Oh and I survived the board takeover after Lim retired. Nice of them seeing as I'm a club legend and have won 21 trophies in 5 years for the club. :D

The new board put £20m into the club and took out a £81m loan too, which was nice of them... is there a way to find out when the loan repayments end?

Summer 2016 has been interesting. I've sold Otamendi (£35m), Piatti (£800k), Feghouli (£14m), Orban (£2.5m) and Negredo (£30m).

Bought in: Ayoze Perez (£27m), Inigo Martinez (£25.5m), Kelvin (free), Jason Denayer (free) and Adama Traore (£11.5m).

Leaves my squad as:

GK: Diego Alves / Yoel

LB: Jose Luis Gaya / Lato

CB: Ruben Vezo / Inigo Martinez / Jesus Vallejo / Jason Denayer

RB: Gino Peruzzi / Carlos Akapo

MC: Lucas Romero / Andre Gomes / Youri Tielemans

AML: Fede Cartabia / Kelvin

AMC: Rodrigo De Paul / Martin Odegaard

AMR: Alvaro Vadillo / Adama Traore

STC: Gabriel Barbosa / Ayoze Perez / Malcom (out on loan)

So Piatti was a fail. I offered him a new deal so I didn't lose him on a free but he never really performed for me. No-one came in for him as he wasn't performing and because of his high wages, managed to get rid of him all be it for a ridiculously low price! Negredo was amazing but £30m for a 30 y/old was too good to turn down, and his £70k+ wages are now off the bill.

Bit light in the MC area and have no transfer funds left. Will either promote my 17 y/old Serbian newgen or try and loan someone. Tried to loan Zuculini for the 3rd season running but City won't loan him out now. Delighted to get Kelvin and Denayer on free's as well...will add depth for now and if they perform I'm sure I can sell them for a nice profit after a season or two. Both on low wages also.

Finally got around to finishing season 3. And what a season it was! For the first time we won La Liga!

57VSvU.jpg

As you can see from the team stats, Negredo was immense! I've never had a striker who was so prolific. Switching to a far more attacking, intense pressing style where I played him as a poacher has reaped its benefits. And also take a look at Rodrigo: not as much goals, but king of the assist!

1YBlDp.jpg

In the UCL we set up a final date with Chelsea, only to be slaughtered by them: 5-2! Let's just say we were a bit naive in our approach and were severly punished when we tried to push them for an equalizer later in the match. On the other hand, we won the Copa del Rey, beating both Real Madrid and Barcelona.

gAfvgw.jpg

Now onto the next season. Let's see which players we can keep, and which will need to be sold due to them being unsettled or wanting large contracts.

Awesome figures there heron!

For midfield cover I've just signed Ruben Neves on loan for season 3, with an option to buy him for £14m. If I've got the cash at the end of the season might go for it.

Anyone had any luck developing Gian Mendez and Izquierdo?

Ignore that about Izquierdo, he's actually a newgen :D

Season 3 has been a bit shaky. Loads of players becoming unhappy after I rejected bids (We just won the league FFS! :mad:) and we're currently 3rd. Quite a bit behind Real this season but we're back on a good run. I'm in the final of the Spanish Cup and in the 2nd round of the CL. I lost the first leg away to Juve 4-2, 2nd leg I reckon I can turn it round.

Inigo Martinez has been attrocious for me. Mistake after mistake. If I could get a good price for him now I'd offload but will persist for the time being.

Ayoze Perez has also been hit and miss, hardly scored in the league but has done well in the CL and Cup.

Kelvin has been an excellent free signing, got quite a few goals and assists and is a starter ATM with the form he's in.

Getting to the business end of season 6 in my save.

Won the ESC beating Vitesse quite easily and then beat Barca in the SSC. Currently 1pt behind Barca in the league but with 2 games in hand. We also failed to win the CWC for the first time ever, losing to Chivas in the semis but winning the 3rd placed playoff 7-0. We've knocked Real and Barca out of the CDR and will play Bilbao in the final and we have Schalke up next in the Champions League knockout round.

I only have 22 guys registered and the squad has been stretched at times with injuries. I don't have any decent youth coming through and although we have a healthy £55m transfer kitty, I just can't justify spending £30-40m on a guy who's only going to be rotational. That may have to change next year and if we get yet another mediocre intake we'll have to start spending big on youngsters too.

We won the CDR 6-2, having fallen behind twice and with all the goals coming in the first half! :o

The league is all but wrapped up too. Barca have fallen away badly and Real have overtaken them and then some to sit in 2nd place but we have a 4 point lead with a game in hand and there's only 3 games left after that, so 2 wins will do it for us. We seem to be playing every 2 days at the minute though. Thankfully there's a little rest before we take on Man Utd in the Champions League final.

Pretty much everyone in the squad is asking for a new deal at around £150k a week. I am putting them off at the moment but I'll have to start talking soon. Having said that our wage budget has been increased immensely so it shouldn't be a problem but I just don't like blowing the wage structure up.

Our budgets have been set at around £73m transfer kitty and £3.8m per week wages and we're currently spending about £2.1m I think. So I'm guessing we should be well up there now in terms of the richest clubs and hopefully by the end of the season we'll have overtaken Barca as the most reputable, given they have won just 1 CDR and 1 La Liga since I started this save.

Just started my third season. One of the first few games were the Supercopa final legs against Barcelona. At their place, we lose 3-2, but going all out attack at Mestalla, we completely destroyed them. Difference between home and away form and setup for AI teams is ridiculous in this version!

0A94DA879B042583940223DC43C012AE29AEB71C

Third season...done!

Came 3rd in the league, won the Spanish Cup and reached the CL Final...to get then get hammered by Man City 5-0 in the final :thdn:

I was 3-0 down to an Aguero hat-trick after 8 minutes :eek: Was a shocking performance!

End of season player stats:

x1C45pp.png

Inigo Martinez is missing from that screenshot as I've just sold him to Chelsea.

So pre-season 2017, signed Scuffet (£7.5m) and sold Diego Alves (£13m). Sold Akapo (£6m) and signed a 19 y/old Brazilian regen RB for £4.5m, most of it over 48 months.

Also bought in a young Romanian CB (not a regen but forgot his name) on loan from Inter. He's 20 and I have a £5m option to buy, will see how he does but he'll just be a back-up.

Bit worried that my squad is a bit too young now, but I've had to sell and bring in youth to try and balance the books. January or summer 2018 I want to buy a top CB, possibly Doria.

So pre-season 2017, signed Scuffet (£7.5m) and sold Diego Alves (£13m). Sold Akapo (£6m) and signed a 19 y/old Brazilian regen RB for £4.5m, most of it over 48 months.

Also bought in a young Romanian CB (not a regen but forgot his name) on loan from Inter. He's 20 and I have a £5m option to buy, will see how he does but he'll just be a back-up.

Bit worried that my squad is a bit too young now, but I've had to sell and bring in youth to try and balance the books. January or summer 2018 I want to buy a top CB, possibly Doria.

Is the Romanian CB Popa? Can you please post a screenie. Am playing Inter atm and would love to know how he has turned out in 2017.

Just started a save with Valencia. Sorted out all my coaches, scouting, tactics etc. Now just trying to find the players I want. I wanted to bring in Romero and Balanta but I already have too many non-EU players. I have the January transfer update by Pro so maybe Perez being added means that I am over in terms of EU players.

Everybody was interested in Alcacer so gave him a new contract as I was worried about the release clause. Had to give him £50k but he signed. Only annoying thing is his last contract was until 2020 and I forgot to check when I was negotiating so now pay him more and he's only here until 2019. Oversight by me but oh well at least that 4.5 years away.

Board are upset because I haven't made any high profile signings but with only about £10million to spend I don't really know what they expected :D I bought in Camacho, Peruzzi and Vadillo with the young CB Ty suggested as well. Hopefully I can do enough so the board will ignore no high profile signings!

First game of the season is very harsh 1-0 loss away to Sevilla. They weren't very good and got a lucky penalty mid way through the 2nd half. I swear I just can't play well with any team on this game and the computer constantly scores easy chances my players miss.

Anybody got any tips on how to play Negredo? I alternate between him and Alacacer but he's only scored 3 goals in 13 games. Has some good chances but always seems to put it at the keeper (whether he's in form or not he should score but that's a match engine problem imo). Don't wanna completely change tactics and play 2 up top but need to get the best out of him as it's not as if I can cancel his transfer!

Drew away to Sociedad 1-1 despite dominating them the entire game, then 0-0 at home to Sevilla yet again dominating the entire game but not scoring. Decide to play my 2nd saved formation I have only played 2 or 3 times at home to Madrid and lost 2-0. Obviously the fans are devastated but tbh games against Madrid/Barca I just know I'm going to lose so set up the team, put it on fast and walk off :D Still annoyed as I'm further behind 3rd now as Athletic Bilbao keep winning even after I dicked them 5-0.

Also last question but do the finances actually get better? I'm currently losing £7million every month which let's be fair is a complete joke. I know the research team haven't quite got the finances after Lim sorted but that's stupid.

Have now got Rulli coming on a free in the summer so God knows who will be my long term no.1 out of him and Scuffet!

How is Scuffet for you? Slowly taking over the goalkeeping role in my AC Milan squad. He started very poorly, costing 2 goals in his first 2 games, but has since become better.

So on my game I managed to finished 3rd in my first season and was really happy with it. Now the board want a title challenge with £3.3million given to me as a budget. Oh and I only get to keep 20% of any of my transfer revenue. Want to sign Lucas Romero but don't have enough money and his wages would be all that I have!

A little bit more of an update. Carried on despite the low funds and have only signed Wallace on loan with Chelsea to challenge Peruzzi and Bakkali on loan (who went on a free to Chelsea!). Managed to get the board to give me more wage budget and transferred that to transfer budget. So I now have £8million and 3 days to spend it if I wish. I may have a look at Samper and see if I can get some sort of structured deal for him.

Have a striker called Jimenez (the one from Atletico) coming in at the end of the season for £2.2mill (only 1 up front) but it was difficult what to do with him. I currently have a system where I play one striker but wanted to try and switch to 2 up top. Problem is now I loaned out the Brazilian striker whose name I can't remember to get rid of a non-EU for Wallace and then Jimenez couldn't sign straight away as he's non-EU. I wasn't sure whether if I signed him any clubs would try to loan him straight away so have set the transfer for end of the season. Problem then is whether Atletico will ever play him as he's transfer listed and then he will be awful after a whole season of no playing time.

I have to say my favourite player so far is De Paul. Play him on either wing and he scores and assists so much. Has great long shots as well. Really not been impressed with Feghouli but couldn't sell him for £9mill to Inter and only get to keep like £2million of it. So he signed a new contract and I will try getting rid of him in the summer unless he turns great.

How is Scuffet for you? Slowly taking over the goalkeeping role in my AC Milan squad. He started very poorly, costing 2 goals in his first 2 games, but has since become better.

He's been ok...his average rating is high but he has made a couple of handling errors, and been beaten from range a few times...

Tbh I dropped him for Yoel for a few games, but with Rulli coming in the summer (and Yoel leaving on a free) I want to give Scuffet a season to show what he can do, so he's my no.1 again ATM.

Home to Arsenal for Valencia's first CL game of the season and I draw 2-0 after being 2-0. Every single highlights was me except their 2 goals and should have scored 3 or 4 easily. Sporting and Celtic the other teams in the group so hopefully we can still do well.

He's been ok...his average rating is high but he has made a couple of handling errors, and been beaten from range a few times...

Tbh I dropped him for Yoel for a few games, but with Rulli coming in the summer (and Yoel leaving on a free) I want to give Scuffet a season to show what he can do, so he's my no.1 again ATM.

Just decided that he's not going to play for my team when I get the chance to sign another keeper. He's cost 3 goals in the last 3 games to freekicks that have been placed on the same side as he was already standing. Even though his attributes are pretty good he just isn't performing at all, letting in all these easy saves. Will be interesting to see if the same happens on your save.

Been waiting for the new patch to start a Valencia save so finally got to do it today.

Bit disappointed that Adama Traore's clause is now like 16M but nonetheless. As I'm not used to managing in Spain, this 3 foreigners rule keeps catching me out. I had to cancel a few transfers coz I forgot about it. Nonetheless, these are my transfers.

DbJrl2p.png

My attacking options are a bit sparse, however I figured that not being in Europe I could get away with it this season.

I'll be playing 3 in the midfield mostly.

I Started save on new patch really looking forward to this, been meaning to start a Valencia save for a while now.

Transfers below, i have went with 4-2-3-1 formation.

IN

Jesus Vallejo - £1.8m

Lucas Romero - £8m

Hector Bellerin - Loan

David Villa - £750k

OUT

Toni Martinez Loan

Couldn't resist bringing Villa back, cancelled loan deals for Joao Cancelo & Filipe Augusto. Wanted to sign more but there is a good amount of potential in the squad so want to give it a season to see how everyone develops, therefore renewing contracts for key players like Gaya, Alcacar, Parejo & Feghouli where key to avoid losing them to low buyouts.

on the si 15.3.0 update a few players look like they have had a nice boost stat and potential wise.

Gaya, Paco and Mustafi look class.

will have to give a save a whirl as a little bored with my West Brom one.

have always liked Valencia since the glory days under Rafa. shame they have had to sell so many players over recent years due to their financial woes

Archived