Sports Interactive Community
Miravlix

4-1-1-3-1 I set /D on the 4-1-1 part and then my team scores 4 goals, huh??

I play a 4-1-1-3-1 DM Wide formation CD/D, DM/D, MC RPM/S, Two IF/S, AMC AP/A.

Really solid in defense, even while I'm quite adventurous with the backs a mix of CWB/A, FB/A, FB/S depending on the player of the match skills, but then the team hits the wall hard, my defenders all draw straws at the start of the game to see who gets to foul inside the penalty box, they leak goals left and right, defenders get 5.x scores.

In a match that was looking bad, but that my guy's got a lucky early goal, I decided to set all my defenders to /D and my MC to CM/D, in the vain hope it could create a wall, the other guys couldn't score through. The next thing that happened I quite frankly still can't believe, my attack suddenly played amazingly, scoring a ton of goals.

Reloading the match and not doing it and I get owned, at best I get 2-2, at worst I loss big, my guys fouling once or twice inside the penalty box, the other side scoring from set pieces and by outplaying my guys hard.

D'ing most of the team and my attack scores 4+ goals, not on counter attacks, but by crafted amazing looking goals, even Barca starts in some 4-1-4-1 defensive formation against me, so no easy counter attacking options for my team anymore.

FB/D CD/D CD/D FB/D DM/D CM/D 2xIF/S, AMC AP/A, ST CF/S doesn't seem to be correct according to any "rules" of the game I've seen, as a super attack formation.

Sounds like your team having a good day, gaining in confidence after the goal, while your opponent experiencing the opposite.

Yeah i think basing any analysis on one single game, or one part game as you seem to be, is a little misguided. Even if you do want to analyse it, have you looked to see how you scored the 4 goals? Was it through some lucky tactical breakthrough, that you drew them out and they left obvious spaces, or did you just have one of those days were everything you hit went in.

And aside from that, im not sure what your asking in the thread, or proposing to discuss? Are you asking whether that formation is a viable one long term or?

Yeah i think basing any analysis on one single game, or one part game as you seem to be, is a little misguided. Even if you do want to analyse it, have you looked to see how you scored the 4 goals? Was it through some lucky tactical breakthrough, that you drew them out and they left obvious spaces, or did you just have one of those days were everything you hit went in.

And aside from that, im not sure what your asking in the thread, or proposing to discuss? Are you asking whether that formation is a viable one long term or?

With respect Miravlix - that system is not going to work long term. It is so disjointed.