Stadium_templates

van helmut

The file is used to make clubs use a certain style of stadium (though not sure what would happen when the stadium is expanded?), it should be possible to add other teams to the file however you'd need to know what each stadium template looks like, and how they are named to correctly apply it to other clubs, (the bigger problem is this will only affect new save games as edt files are only read when creating a new game)

A list of stadium templates can be found in this folder: \Football Manager 2015\data\sigfx\stadiums\templates

However the stadium models are saved in an .sia file format that cannot be read by any third party software, so the only way to see the stadiums is to actually play a 3D match in game.

It's a fairly simple task to assign a template to a stadium, the time consuming part is working out what each of the stadiums templates look like.

(The reason why clubs don't by default use real or even close to real stadiums is for licensing reasons, with the licenses being different to those covering kits and logos etc...)

thks...

So in theory Someone could make a file with similar "original" stadiums?? correct?

Not official....

There is a guide?? can you do somehting?

in the file for example there is

"FORCE_STADIUM_TEMPLATE" "Watford" "20,000 - 30,00/40-50d flat roof (2 corners)"

it should be "team" "capacity/xml"

I've given this a try and cant get anything to change, such a pity something as simple as this could make the 3D environment much more realistic, for the life of me I still don't know why we have never been able to customize the 3D stadiums. I know SI can't due to licensing issues which is fair enough but all they need to do is have the 3ds files in an editable format and let the community create the stadiums which is the norm in fifa, pes... if we can add our own unofficial unlicensed logos, kits, players faces etc why are stadia treated differently?

Archived