Impossible to keep a clean sheet?

So iv'e bought FM15 yesterday and I've not been able to peel myself away from my computer due to trying multiple saves and tactics, I've played a good 20+ games so far in 2/3 saves and I've still not had 1 match where I've managed to keep 1 clean sheet?

Iv'e tried 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 5-3-2, 5-4-1 all with different instructions etc yet I find my defenders and goalkeeper making constant errors every game and costing us, also Iv'e dominated most games in terms of CCC's, possession, shot, shots on target etc etc etc yet no luck?

Iv'e been playing FM since 2005 )CM before that) and I've never ever had this much trouble with it before, anyone got any advice or could someone point me in the right direction for building tactics etc? I can't be doing too much wrong surely!

Perhaps the problem is tactical inconsistency?

You can't change team shape constantly and expect errors to decrease as a result.

Not everyone will agree with me on this one though - I know some people take a match-by-match approach instead, and perfectly successfully, too - but doing so always makes my defence far too leaky for my liking.

Archived