Best player you've ever bought

Who's the best player you've ever bought on any version of FM?

For me it has to be Javier Pastore on FM12 or FM11 (Can't remember which one), he was absolutely insane as an advanced playmaker.

Closely followed by a striker called Babacar on the same game, never seen a striker so prolific.

Haha OP, for me it was Babacar on FM11! Think the best season he had for me was 76 goals or so; *Cries* lol.

haha I think that must've been the same game, I had him and Pastore in the same Spurs team and won every game for about 5 seasons.

Felipe on FM10.

In his debut season in England his goals fired Oxford to our first ever Premier League and European triumphs which kick-started a crushing spell of dominance for the club, with Felipe as the lynchpin.

He truly has been the most remarkable player I’ve had the privilege to manage since playing FM/CM since the early 1990’s. His devastating pace and power terrorised defenders all over the world for over twenty years and his ruthless accuracy in front of goal won him and his team mates 61 winners medals and himself the crown of World Footballer of the Year a staggering ten times. He retires having set all time appearance and goal scoring records for both Oxford and Brazil which doubtless will ever be broken.

I think his greatest quality though, was his consistency. To have been that good for that long was just incredible.

Since signing from Palmeiras for a then record £4.7m at the start of the 2016-17 season, Felipe’s final record under my stewardship at Oxford stands at:

897 club games for Oxford / 1002 club goals (586 league games / 628 league goals)

169 International games for Brazil / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1066 games / 1144 goals

Profile after his final season:

64747816.png

Career (League) stats:

81786085.png

Oxford best 11:

97835550.png

Biography:

42466417.png

Landmark Oxford Goal:

1000c.png

World Footballer of the Year:

worldfootballeroftheyea.png

In his prime aged 27:

primefelipe.png

wow, dave byrd. Impressive. I guess you never will find a player like him again. Must be hard to keep playing after his retirement.

True on both counts. He was a one off, like Pele or Messi. Only come along once in a blue moon.

I retired from FM10 Completely when he retired. Always had in my mind I'd quit when he did.

@dave byrd He was so good even though he was one footed and had poor pace

eh? In the first screenshot he was 39 years old and that was taken just before he retired.

The last screenshot was when he was 27, his pace was 17. From memory I think it was 18 or 19 when he was a bit younger. As for one footed, he only became 'right foot only' at the end of his career and I've never found that makes too much difference anyway as long as the other key stats for a striker are high (composure, finishing ect).

Dede from Dortmund comes to mind, as he was always a bosman player after the first season.

For a single save I have to say Evandro Roncatto on CM 03/04. Bought him to Sheffield United and we won the Champions League. Signed him the first season and he started basically every game for 5 seasons, winning the CL playing alongside Francesco Totti. Being CM 03/04, Norwegian wonderkid Daniel Braaten was of course in the side as well. Great player and a really fun save. There was a special charm with the old editions when the best youngsters were far from the biggest talents IRL.

There was this Uruguayan regen striker at Ajax in FM12 for me, his name was Eduardo Charamoni, he scored 40+ per season for three years, then I took him with me at Real Madrid, where he continued. He ended up winning the World Player of the Year for 7 years in row (he might have continued, but FM13 was released and I ended my save by retiring). Today I am very sorry I have no screenshots of him, but damn he was a beast for me, I've won everything that a manager can win with him. I strongly believe that players like him don't come along too often.

Had to be Paul Moores from FM12. I played as Sheffield United, but I used random generated name for that save. He was a regen that I bought from Blackburn around 4th or 5th season. As others here, I found it difficult to play on after he retired at 38 years old. Throughout his career, he scored more than 1000 goals, including 213 goals for England with 212 caps. I think he scored more than 60 goals for 5 season. He became my team coach though he wasn't that good. I got sentimental on him :p

For FM2015, Im having great fun & attachment with Guido Vadala Scored a total 62 goals in his first two season, but he is an AM that I converted to False Nine Striker, so he scores a lot and provide assists and second assists as well. Loves the way he glide away from defenders. Such fun watching him.

Felipe on FM10.

In his debut season in England his goals fired Oxford to our first ever Premier League and European triumphs which kick-started a crushing spell of dominance for the club, with Felipe as the lynchpin.

He truly has been the most remarkable player I’ve had the privilege to manage since playing FM/CM since the early 1990’s. His devastating pace and power terrorised defenders all over the world for over twenty years and his ruthless accuracy in front of goal won him and his team mates 61 winners medals and himself the crown of World Footballer of the Year a staggering ten times. He retires having set all time appearance and goal scoring records for both Oxford and Brazil which doubtless will ever be broken.

I think his greatest quality though, was his consistency. To have been that good for that long was just incredible.

Since signing from Palmeiras for a then record £4.7m at the start of the 2016-17 season, Felipe’s final record under my stewardship at Oxford stands at:

897 club games for Oxford / 1002 club goals (586 league games / 628 league goals)

169 International games for Brazil / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1066 games / 1144 goals

I remember that guy from the post your regen thread! What a beast!

Alberto Paloschi! Young striker from Ac Milan signed on a Tottenham save maybe 09? Turned my struggling champions league side into world beaters! 40 league goals a season minimum! World player of the year a good few years running!

A very close second being Gaston Mazza, think he's a regen, same save my goalkeeper again from Italy, sadly I lost both to free transfers as they wanted more than the club would pay in wages! both continued to do really well and I actually enjoyed checking on their progress year after year.

Savolia, think he was 17, can't remember what version it was.

This.

CM01/02 I think. I played as Parma and signed him as a 17 year old. We won Serie A and he was an absolute beast.

A shout out for Ray Wilkins too. Back in the very first Championship Manager Italia, I always played as my favourite Italian side, Cremonese and we always started with little or no money. Wilkins was available for only £100,000 and, despite only ever getting one season out of him (he was very late 30's after all), he ran our midfield and always had the top average rating.

Aguero on my Monaco save from FM14 ...

There were alot of great signings in previous versions also, but i can't remember them all, Ademilson was fantastic on my Newcastle save, also Gabriel Barbosa and Alberto Cerri were great.

A regen named Alcantra in my FM2007 game for Liverpool.

FM2007 was my introduction to the world of FM, and Alcantra was the one who made me addicted to this game. Bought him when he was 17, and played the game till he retired. Not sure of the exact stats but he had scored 800 odd goals for me. N won me innumerable championships.

Jamil Adam in FM08 for Havant and Waterloo.

He is available on a free, and had good stats for Blue Square South, with potential to be a League One striker.

However, his technique stat was usually somewhere between 18 and 20, which seemed to create a kind of bug in the game which boosted all of his other stats.

He ended up scoring 20+ goals every season over the next 12 years at every league level during a meteoric rise to the Premier League with Havant and Waterloo.

FM08 was too easy to be honest, but I still think he was my best ever signing. He ended up finshing his career back in Ireland with St Pats Athletic before rejoining as an Assistant Manager for me.

Darrent Eadie and Paul Warhurst on CM End of Season, Eadie was 17 and terrible for a few seasons until he became unstoppable; also Batistuta from the CM Italia games. WOW!!!!!

On FM, I remember Tuncay being a beast on on version FM05 iirc and who can ever forget the lethal combination of Pawel Brozek and Julius Agahowa from CM0102!

Ademilson, FM12

Mattias Schuster(Regen from Bayern), FM14.

Both monsters guaranteed to score in every game.

Mattias was even scarier because he was that much of a monster at 16.

Honourable mentions, Carlos Vela(FM12), Victor Fischer(FM14)

I have a couple personal triumphs I can name. On FM12, I bought a teenage full back regen playing for Celtic named Scott Cassidy for £1.5million. His stats were not exactly impressive but 4 years later, he was England's starting left back and his value was some 10 times what I paid for him. The other is on my current FM13 save for Lincoln City. I signed an Argentine centre back at the start of the save in the Conference by the name of Martin Camano on a free and I'm now in my 4th season, my first in League 1 and Martin is not only the best defender I have, but also club captain and is listed as an icon for the club and he's still "only" 30. I have another potential in the same save as I signed a Welsh regen striker on a free by the name of Huw Jackson. Signed him as a 17 year old, it's his 2nd season and his potential is described as a "leading Premier League striker". Theres more on my current save, so I'll need to get some screens to show :thup:

An Italian regen called Alberto Bartoli. Got 50+ goals and 50+ assists for about 6 seasons running. Numerous WPOTY awards etc. Cost me a hefty £30m though when he was about 19 in FM 11.

Real player, Paulo Henrique (Ganso) on the same save. Incredible.

Archived