An Odd Complaint

As manager of Bolton I brought in a DL Graham Shinnie as young understudy to Dean Moxley.

Then during the summer I sold Moxley making Shinnie the new number 1 DL.

He then decided he was unhappy at the sale of Moxley as my squad was too thin. Naturally with cash to spend I told him I'd be strengthening the squad.

So WHY is this guy having a paddy now that he has broken into the 1st team? Would a player really do this???

As manager of Bolton I brought in a DL Graham Shinnie as young understudy to Dean Moxley.

Then during the summer I sold Moxley making Shinnie the new number 1 DL.

He then decided he was unhappy at the sale of Moxley as my squad was too thin. Naturally with cash to spend I told him I'd be strengthening the squad.

So WHY is this guy having a paddy now that he has broken into the 1st team? Would a player really do this???

No he shouldn't, I'd suggest a bug report but don't upload a save unless they ask (keep a copy in case though)

What's his personality like? It's possible he feels like he's under pressure now with no other leftback options in your squad.

Balanced. And I'm sorry but no footballer would ever complain if they had just been made 1st choice.

Someone else moaning about the sale, fair enough. Just not him. Doesn't make sense.

Another unrealistic point is I have Guardiola moaning because I'm playing a player loaned from Bayern at AML instead of ML. Would any manager really complain about that?

If you agreed to play him at ML, then yes. You're in breach of the loan terms.

Another unrealistic point is I have Guardiola moaning because I'm playing a player loaned from Bayern at AML instead of ML. Would any manager really complain about that?

Jose might :D Pep wouldn't, now you know why I play FMC :p

Normally irl you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between ML or AML. So if a manager wants to complain that a player plays ML instead of AML he might as well complain if a player plays as a winger and not inside forward (both in the AML slot).

Balanced. And I'm sorry but no footballer would ever complain if they had just been made 1st choice.

Someone else moaning about the sale, fair enough. Just not him. Doesn't make sense.

And his Media Handling Style? If you take a look here, "balanced" personality can still result in a very low pressure handling attribute, as well as low professionalism. He might think he's now going to play every game and quite frankly doesn't want to cause he's either scared, lazy or both.

No player would complain if their manager took a decision which left them as the only player in their position at the club?

I suspect that a hell of a lot of players would. If they're the only one then there is massive pressure on them and they'll have the added pressure of knowing that if they get injured or need a rest then they're leaving their club without a player in that position.

I do not recall saying he was the ONLY person who could play that position. Mainly because he isn't.

The post before that is fishing around like crazy to make it not a bug or realistic. It isn't realistic and definitely needs shall we say "adjusting a tad".

I do not recall saying he was the ONLY person who could play that position. Mainly because he isn't.

The post before that is fishing around like crazy to make it not a bug or realistic. It isn't realistic and definitely needs shall we say "adjusting a tad".

You're saying in a database with hundreds of thousands of players, it's unrealistic that a small number complain about this? It's not like it's something normal but as a rare occurrence it seems fine on certain individuals.

Archived