Sports Interactive Community
zoaghouweel

Finding it difficult to load off players: there are no buyers!

Hi,

I played FM for many years now and with FM15 i find it hard to find new clubs for players who aren't wanted by me anymore. Even if i give them away for free, there are no takers. I play with PSV Eindhoven in the top-flight of the dutch league. I'm doing very well in europe and my players aren't crap. So, there should be a market for them. In all the past FM's i didn't experience this kind of trouble. Is it a bug or what? I bugs me anyway.

For example, Luuk de Jong is my topscorer, scoring 100 goals in 116 games for my club. I got myself and very promising regen and i wanted to cash in on Luuk de Jong. So i offered him to clubs and put him on the transferlist, for the same amount as his transfervalue. No bids, non at all. I dropped the price, 1 mln, 2 mln, halve the price. I didn't matter. So i've got myself a unhappy striker with a 2 year contract 47.5k euro each month. :thdn:

Some things to consider:

You don't want him, so it is unlikely that buyers will want to pay the initial transfer value price. You drop the price by half and buyers wonder what is wrong with him.

How old is he- if he is at the end of his career, the opportunities to move him on are smaller.

He is currently at a top European club so maybe prospective buyers from lower reputation clubs cannot afford the wages- although 47.5k Euros a month, if that is correct, is paltry by today's standards.

Selling is not impossible but requires some thought and planning.

He mentioned that he's got 2 years left.

It sounds a bit strange that no one would be interested. He's a good striker, with a good record, playing in a league that doesn't have a big wage level.

If it's a regular pattern, I would guess that you don't run many leagues...?

In my experience the most important factors are:

1- How many leagues are you running

2- What is the database size

3- Player's current wages

A lot of gamers like to play with large database, to enjoy a bigger pool of players, without really thinking the impact of it on the transfer market in the game.

About the wages: If you go through the AI teams you will see so many quality players who are also not paid much. You will see more of this when you chose a large database. When so many good players are available at very low wages, your established players with average to high salaries never become AI teams' first options.

Some things to consider:

You don't want him, so it is unlikely that buyers will want to pay the initial transfer value price. You drop the price by half and buyers wonder what is wrong with him.

How old is he- if he is at the end of his career, the opportunities to move him on are smaller.

He is currently at a top European club so maybe prospective buyers from lower reputation clubs cannot afford the wages- although 47.5k Euros a month, if that is correct, is paltry by today's standards.

I have the same issue. Except in my case, it is in the Swedish Second Division. I took over at a new club with a poor financial situation. I decided I had too many strikers and one that expired the same year would not enter new contract negotiations. Since he was expensive and not long-term, I tried to sell him. No buyers. Fine. So I decided to give him away. Still no buyers. The guy was rated four stars by my assistant on my team with a potential of 4.5 stars. His salary was $450 p/w and while a bit high for the Swedish Second Division, not unreasonable. I fail to believe no other second division team would, at the very least, open negotiations with him. I tried this with a couple other players and the same result.

I have the same impression regarding transfers. It should not be so difficult to offload players who are not on high wages - not being able to sell De Jong is completely unrealistic. With Mata I can somehow understand it - he has a very high reputation and huge salary which greatly limits the number of potential buyers but there are plenty of other examples that are difficult to understand. And this with the role of agents significantly reinforced.

the selling of players is definitely different on this FM, my selling tactics that have worked on the previous FMs are not that effective on FM15.

I have also noticed that is similar with loaning out, good youngsters willing to go on loan dont get any loan bids inspite of me using all tools available (offering to clubs, with or without wages, listing them on devolpment list, talking to them etc. )

I have the same issue. Except in my case, it is in the Swedish Second Division. I took over at a new club with a poor financial situation. I decided I had too many strikers and one that expired the same year would not enter new contract negotiations. Since he was expensive and not long-term, I tried to sell him. No buyers. Fine. So I decided to give him away. Still no buyers. The guy was rated four stars by my assistant on my team with a potential of 4.5 stars. His salary was $450 p/w and while a bit high for the Swedish Second Division, not unreasonable. I fail to believe no other second division team would, at the very least, open negotiations with him. I tried this with a couple other players and the same result.

Imagine it was another Swedish 2nd Division club offering him for nothing. Would you sign him? Given that you're desperately trying to offload him, then probably not. Perhaps that goes for everyone else too. Try again at the next end of season transfer window. It could just be that all the teams have all the strikers they need and don't want to waste a wage on another one before the new season, or they might all be on the edge of their allocated wage budget.

There's a number of factors to consider before coming to the conclusion that it's bugged.

The Swedish example is fair, those are high wages for the lowest level you can go so it is unlikely anyone will take them on. The De Jong example is more concerning though as those aren't too high wages for a player at that level, and given he is more likely to accept a move abroad than a part-time Swedish player, the market for him should be quite wide.

I'm sure SI could have a look at that save to see what the reason is though.

Depends really on the DB-Size. Since i know that, i´m using alsways the small DB, and now i can sell players.

Imagine it was another Swedish 2nd Division club offering him for nothing. Would you sign him? Given that you're desperately trying to offload him, then probably not. Perhaps that goes for everyone else too. Try again at the next end of season transfer window. It could just be that all the teams have all the strikers they need and don't want to waste a wage on another one before the new season, or they might all be on the edge of their allocated wage budget.

There's a number of factors to consider before coming to the conclusion that it's bugged.

This. AI doesn't behave like human players. If their roster is full, they will not actively seek upgrades/replacements. In this case I think it is just bad timing. Try again in the next transfer window, things can change.

Sorry but its just not realistic in FM15, loads of clubs would take a player who has 100 in 116 in the dutch top divison, lower prem teams would love him!

I can't sell anyone on my save or give them away, I have Danny Wilson who has been fairly good for me, he is on 6k a week, yet nobody will take him - he is a v good championship CB.

I've got strikers on tiny contracts who I cannot shift too, even though they have played and scored etc. Sorry but we can make excuses all we like but IMO it's just not realistic at all, I've sold 1 player in 2 seasons. Currently my strategy is just to release them when their contract is out.

Depends really on the DB-Size. Since i know that, i´m using alsways the small DB, and now i can sell players.

Yes. If you play with large DB, AI teams will have plenty of options, just like you do, to fill their rosters. And once they fill their rosters, even if there is a better option out there, AI won't recognize it and make an attempt to offload their players to make room for the upgrade player. Humans do that, of course, both IRL and in the game.

My best advice would be to play with smaller DB so that the demand for players will be larger than the supply. That should help human players to get rid of some unwanted players. But it is a double edged sword - you will not have as many good players for free.

Except that it occurred with every player I tried to offload. I also tried selling him initially for around $12k (his value was slightly less). He is a good player for that level. He would also be a decent player for the Swedish First Division (where my best players are likely going once this season ends anyways). I fail to believe every last team is 100% content with their line-up and would not want to upgrade. Or, at the very least, open contract negotiations with the guy to see if they can gain him for a bargain. I found at least in FM '13, it was very easy to screw players at the lower level by giving them a much lower salary and instead offering them a yearly raise (which never gets near the salary they want except maybe at the end of a four or five year deal).

The Swedish example is fair, those are high wages for the lowest level you can go so it is unlikely anyone will take them on. The De Jong example is more concerning though as those aren't too high wages for a player at that level, and given he is more likely to accept a move abroad than a part-time Swedish player, the market for him should be quite wide.

That was just one of the four or five players I offered up to teams. Not all of them were as expensive.

Similar situation for my MLS team (USA). I have a 28yr old and rated at 4 stars. He leads the league in assist for the current and past seasons. Nobody wants him even though his salary is $70k per year. His contract is about to expire in less than 6 months. I don't understand it at all. My database is small. Btw he is also one of the leagues top scorer.

I would like to retain him but am working with the salary cap. I will see if his salary demands are lower as a free agent. He is currently asking for 250k-300k annually

Sorry but its just not realistic in FM15, loads of clubs would take a player who has 100 in 116 in the dutch top divison, lower prem teams would love him!

I can't sell anyone on my save or give them away, I have Danny Wilson who has been fairly good for me, he is on 6k a week, yet nobody will take him - he is a v good championship CB.

I've got strikers on tiny contracts who I cannot shift too, even though they have played and scored etc. Sorry but we can make excuses all we like but IMO it's just not realistic at all, I've sold 1 player in 2 seasons. Currently my strategy is just to release them when their contract is out.

As I've mentioned in another thread on this subject if you post in the bugs forum & provide a copy of your save then I or one of my colleagues will take a look at why you're not getting offers for players that you believe should be attracting interest from other clubs.

I just sold a fairly average player for £47 million, yet I can't offload my top players for a fraction of that price

I loaded up a save game and tried offering up all 14* players on my senior squad that are not injured. This was my result:

6co9akt.png

As you can see, the transfer window also opened on the same day. At least two of my players were valued around the $20k mark. Every player I offered I offered for free. Am I really expected to believe that no team at my level (or even in the Swedish First Division) is interested in any of my players? None of them have any lack of depth at that position due to injuries? The worst part is that no teams are even feigning interest in any of my players.

*Yes, I said only 14 players. I just took over this team mid-season and the roster was super thin to begin with. With no scout on my staff, I waited on picking up more players and I promoted a few from my U21 squad. I haven't had time to beef up the squad yet (which sucks for any idea of substitutions in any of the matches i have played and also led to creating a tactic that i doubt is very effective).

Have you done what Alex said and uploaded for them to look at?

It would be much easier if this forum allowed me to upload attachments... unless there is another way to do it, but I didn't notice any in the bugs forum.

I always find that transfers are annoying when it comes to selling, but it's totally realistic in my opinion.

As a big club, you often need to offload players, but everyone knows who in your squad isn't worth buying because, well, you're bloody famous.

As a small club, you often need to keep players, but everyone knows who in your squad is worth buying because they're scouting you for the best deals!

Essentially when you want to sell you often can't and when you don't want to sell you often have no choice in the matter.

Which is just like real life, to be honest, and part of the challenge.

It would be much easier if this forum allowed me to upload attachments... unless there is another way to do it, but I didn't notice any in the bugs forum.

No you can't, best way is to d/l Filezilla and copy to the FTP that way.

Like others have mentioned before wages are a large factor. When I sign players I try to increase the signing bonus a bit, and decrease the wage a bit. This will make the player more attractive to future buyers.

It's a fine balance, as any remaining signing bonus will be due, by your team, 100% upon sale of the player.

Some things to consider:

You don't want him, so it is unlikely that buyers will want to pay the initial transfer value price. You drop the price by half and buyers wonder what is wrong with him.How old is he- if he is at the end of his career, the opportunities to move him on are smaller.

Is it really like that though? In real life, ya. That would be the train of though. But is the AI in this game really able to think like that and use psychology when it comes to that? Pretty sure the game just sees that a guy of 10mil value is now being offered for 5mil, so we should strongly consider that option.

Is it really like that though? In real life, ya. That would be the train of though. But is the AI in this game really able to think like that and use psychology when it comes to that? Pretty sure the game just sees that a guy of 10mil value is now being offered for 5mil, so we should strongly consider that option.

Probably for clubs with great financial stability. But if the game psychology really is that strong, which I doubt as the board didn't believe my injury excuse because I was down to only three injuries instead of eight at the end of the season, then wouldn't the potential buyers in lower leagues look at a club and say "oh, their financial status is insecure. They simply cannot afford the player's salary. I'm in!"?

Probably for clubs with great financial stability. But if the game psychology really is that strong, which I doubt as the board didn't believe my injury excuse because I was down to only three injuries instead of eight at the end of the season, then wouldn't the potential buyers in lower leagues look at a club and say "oh, their financial status is insecure. They simply cannot afford the player's salary. I'm in!"?

Ya you'd think.

I think a lot of people on here simply think that this is real life. You have to remember that this is still a game that is programed to act a certain way in certain situations. It cannot think like a human and therefore mimic every single real life possibility, and can rationalise like a human. So, i doubt that if you have a guy and offer him for half of his value, then clubs will back off because they think there must be something wrong with him because his club is selling him for so cheap.

Ya you'd think.

I think a lot of people on here simply think that this is real life. You have to remember that this is still a game that is programed to act a certain way in certain situations. It cannot think like a human and therefore mimic every single real life possibility, and can rationalise like a human. So, i doubt that if you have a guy and offer him for half of his value, then clubs will back off because they think there must be something wrong with him because his club is selling him for so cheap.

I am sure they could program clubs to think like that. But if that is what they wanted to do, then you'd think they would conduct a series of checks. "Is the player happy there?" "Does the team have ample players to fill that position." "Is the team financially stable?" "Does the team have an incoming transfer at that position." Things like that.

I personaly am in the year 2023 and like your selves got very anyoyed at not selling players and buying them .im with Liverpool.what I do is I got the editor from steam for 3.99.and selling my top players to real barca etc. what I do ia get the value of them and putting it my bank account and vice versa,the only way I can keep the game alive and get rid of the players who want to much wagers.have brought this game every year since it came out .and this is actually the worst version for selling and buying ,apart from that this has been my favorite version

I personaly am in the year 2023 and like your selves got very anyoyed at not selling players and buying them .im with Liverpool.what I do is I got the editor from steam for 3.99.and selling my top players to real barca etc. what I do ia get the value of them and putting it my bank account and vice versa,the only way I can keep the game alive and get rid of the players who want to much wagers.have brought this game every year since it came out .and this is actually the worst version for selling and buying ,apart from that this has been my favorite version

Got to agree with this, the game is fantastic but selling is a game breaker.

Got to agree with this, the game is fantastic but selling is a game breaker.
Please post in the bugs forum & provide examples of not being able to sell player that other clubs are or should be interested in.

Please post in the bugs forum & provide examples of not being able to sell player that other clubs are or should be interested in.

I tried to do that last week however when I downloaded the firezilla file it also downloaded a virus along with it so wont be doing that again :)

Well I say a virus it was a browser hijacker - vosteran

Took me best part of 2 hours to remove it

Copy of a response about that issue in another thread

Filezilla have changed their 'main' download to utilise the sourceforge platform (which seems to bundle their installer which contains other optional software).

Would you please try doing this......

1) Access the Filezilla Client download page - https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

2) Select 'Show additional download options' (This will list other links).

3) Select the required file to download (example 'FileZilla_3.9.0.6_win32-setup.exe Show file details (recommended)')

4) Let the system countdown and provide the software to download; save this somewhere to your system

Result: The downloaded file should be the filezilla executable installer and NOT the bundled sourceforge installer (which has the optional software) - Let me know if this works for you (it has worked every time for me)

If you're not comfortable downloading filezilla then you can upload the save to a file hosting site that you trust & send me a link to download the file.