FM 2015: FC Schalke 04 - Sink the Bayern !

bianconeri96

I am at around the same point as you in season 3.

2nd season we won the league again, a little more comfortable, came nowhere in the Pokal and finished 3rd in the CL group stage. We did go on to beat Arsenal 2-1 in the Europa league final though. :)

Goretzka was an absolute beast for me season 2. Our top scorer with 22 goals from centre midfield. I let Boateng's contract run down, so that Tielemans would get more game time in season 3 and brought in Telles at left back and Kempf and Sule at Centre back to replace Kolosinac and Matip who forced moves away. I also brought in Firmino.

• 2 weeks later...

just bought the game, usually start with a HSV save but I want to ease in the game a bit so was deciding whether to do Schalke/Bayer/Wolfsburg decided in the end on Schalke simply cause of their plethera of aweome youth talent holy ****.....using mr houghs tactics so gonna sell pretty much every winger bar Draxler who ill convert to a striker, and Meyer who will be used as a AP

just entered January sitting pretty at first ive been 15-1-1 the draw coming against Bayern at the Allianz, and the loss coming against Padeborn of all teams lol...one loss in CL group stage and that was getting beaten pretty bad by Shaktar 4-1 in Ukraine, and I was eliminated by Hannover in penalties the second round of the Cup....

as for transfers...I got Ekdal thinking I was gonna get rid of a few midfielders to raise funds along with Goretzkas 4 month injury, and meyer not being completely ready.....the midfielder I planned on selling was Hoger but he had a great pre-season so I decided to keep him, and Meyer played real good when I had a mini injury crisis so he and Boetang have been my CM's with Hoger behind em, so Ekdal hasnt gotten as much team as I figured played in about 10 or so total matches though goot rotation option, as I said I was expecting to sell a midfielder or two so I also got Kimmich from RBL with an eye on the future and thinking he would be used as a back-up, he has hardly played think he has like 3 total games, ill loan him out in the winter and probaly next season....I got Balanta, only after Matip came to me wanting to go to Arsenal, only managed to get around 9mil from Arsenal but all that money was used to buy Balanta for 6.5 on deadline day, the main surprise came when Hunterlaar was sold to AC Milan for 5.5 mil on deadline day, wasnt planning to sell him but I wasnt going to renew his ridiculous contract, I also had Moting who had a incredible pre-season along with a great early start to the season so I thought to myself I was gonna make Moting the focal point of my attack and have not regret it, I prolly couldve gotten more for Hunter though, with the money from the sale of Hunter I bought Croat Kramaric for 3.5mil and for only 7.5k/week wages bargain their hes been ***** in the BL though but been pretty good in the CL

sold fuchs to Stuttgart for 2mil, Barnetta to Wolfsburg for 2.5mil, and loaned Clemens to Hoffenheim for the season in my other summer outgoings

entered the winter window with around 6mil to spend and gonna do very little business, loan out some of the younger guys, sell off one or two players (Obasi? and Uchida?) and do my best to find a back-up RB as Im leaning towards making Ayhaan my long term solution at RB

keeping my eye towards the summer though, Leverkusen are currently in a relegation place!! and Hoffenheim are fighting relegation too regardless of what happens im going after Lars Bender, and Kevin Volland....ill also be looking at Timo Werner

regarding winter moves, loaned out some of the young guys kimmich, donis, and sane...Farfan who came back from injury was still upset that I sold hunterlaar despite Moting being the best striker in the league (stupid AI) so he threw a fit that I didnt replace Hunter, so I just sold Farfan to newcastle, and signed Volland

won the league pretty easily due to Bayern struggles....lost to juve 4-3 on agg in the semis of the CL, 1-1 at home after tevez scored a late goal for em in germany.....lead in italy 1-0 but they score three I go on the serious attack from the 60th and onward score one and then was so cloooooose to scoring that third with the last kick of the game to put me in the lead on agg but their GK (who wasnt even buffon) saved their ass big time, that sucked cause I wouldved faced Bayern in the final and they are having major defensive issues

also to add Leverkusen were relegated!!! lol Lars Bender here I come

imagine I will have a good kitty to work with in the summer, they increased the budget to 22mil from 5 mil once I clinched a CL spot in early March, so by winning the league and getting to the semis of the CL imagine ill have a healthy budget to work with, not that I need it greatly, Lars Bender shouldnt come too expensive since they got relegated, im also gonna go for timo werner...rest of the transfer moves will be depth signings and getting rid of some of these fringe players on sorta high wages who complained about lack of playing time during the season

heading into the summer and the vultures have came out, almost every single player is being bid on, when I reject the players throw a fit or have their agent come in and demand some crazy ass money contract....already lost moting to ac milan for 20mil, and Bayern met Draxlers release clause, think for the most part I can keep a hold on the others, still only second week of july though so a long ways to go

moting wasnt that big of a deal as I have werner coming to replace him, Draxler is gonna be tough though, lacazette has already transfered otherwise I was going to buy him to replace him

looking at Icardi/Vietto/Alacer now if anyone else got some suggestions throw em out their

heading into the summer and the vultures have came out, almost every single player is being bid on, when I reject the players throw a fit or have their agent come in and demand some crazy ass money contract....already lost moting to ac milan for 20mil, and Bayern met Draxlers release clause, think for the most part I can keep a hold on the others, still only second week of july though so a long ways to go

moting wasnt that big of a deal as I have werner coming to replace him, Draxler is gonna be tough though, lacazette has already transfered otherwise I was going to buy him to replace him

looking at Icardi/Vietto/Alacer now if anyone else got some suggestions throw em out their

Would have recommended Zakaria Bakkali but the chances are someone has already signed him, one of the first things I done was give Draxler a new deal, his release clause is now 62mil for me

something I shouldve done regarding Draxler, memphis depay wouldve been perfect too but he signed with city...lost Kaan Ayhan to city also after he complained to me that he wanted to move to a bigger club got 12mil plus 20 percent off his next transfer

leaning towards staying put moving boetang to one of the three striker positions and see what opens up from their

Why not go for someone like Max Kruse, naturally he is a Striker but also plays decent as an Inside Forward, i imagine he could be a good fit.

otherwise i would check if Adama Traore still has his Release Clause from Barcelona on him, then go for him, i also really like Balde Keita

did the treble in my second season, except I won the EL rather than the CL after coming in third in what was a relatively easy group, had real struggles early on but picked it up big time come october....signed Remy on loan in the winter after like 5 games I realized he was gonna be a great signing and signed him (10mil) he even took a paycut to join me which was nice, kept vietto who was doing great himself out of the XI

going to head into the transfer with little business to do, all depends on if any players want to leave have like 70mil to spend so we shall see would be a shame if that money went to waste :D

did the treble in my second season, except I won the EL rather than the CL after coming in third in what was a relatively easy group, had real struggles early on but picked it up big time come october....signed Remy on loan in the winter after like 5 games I realized he was gonna be a great signing and signed him (10mil) he even took a paycut to join me which was nice, kept vietto who was doing great himself out of the XI

going to head into the transfer with little business to do, all depends on if any players want to leave have like 70mil to spend so we shall see would be a shame if that money went to waste :D

Incredible achievement I'm still trying to overtake Bayern but I've definitely closed the gap over the last few years

In my second season now with Schalke.

Team:

Valdes

De Sciglio - Kyriakos Papa - Balanta- Jonathan Silva

Lucas Romero - Goretzka

Jesé Draxler

Aboubakar

Aboubakar has been incredible after I sold Huntelaar to Chelsea. 15 goals in 13 games first season, and 19 goals in 15 so far in the second season

First season with Schalke, both Guardiola and the Leverkusen coach where sacked some 10-15 matches in! Bayern had a strong finish and still ended second only beaten by a few points by me (New Bayern coach is Villas Boas :) ).

Had a Champions League group of doom where 3 of us ended on 11 points and I got 3 third place because of one goal against me in the 87 minute :( Spurs beat us in the Europa League quarters and we crashed and burned against Gladbach in the cup.

The surprise team in the league where HSV, edging out Gladbach and Dortmund in the last match of the season to finish 3.

Second season got a lot easier when I sold 3 million euro boy Adama Traore for a cool 70 million euro.

Already placing faith in Donis Avdijaj up front (the next Miroslav Klose - he retired first season btw and now coaches Donis). First season signing Ibarbo is getting a lot of matches now tho and is really shining.

Draxler and Meier both scoring and assisting for fun and with 2 million renegade man Ben Arfa trying to secure the right wing spot (selling both Adama and Sidney Sam this summer was a bit hasty it seems tho).

New signing on free transfer argentinian Roberto Pereyra is battling with Sergi Roberto for the spot left vacant after Boateng went to Southampton (he had a very injury filled last season).

Roman Neustadter is slowly losing his anchoring spot to Gil Romero (but Monaco is chasing Romero, so Roman will sit tight).

Howedes is the soul of the team and havent had a bad game yet, I havent found the perfect match for him yet, but in the cover role, I have Niklas Sule and Kaan Ayhan rotating from time to time.

Left back is our weak spot with an fallen star in Luke Shaw (2 and a half star only!) on loan and Kolasinac, while our right back is very good with good ol Srna and Vrsaljko.

Finally its Begovic on goal (Stoke went down so his relegation release clause trigged and I got him for 10 mill euro). Fahrmann feels rightfully left out after a good first season, but he will get his matches.

Chasing Timo Werner and unsettling him again and again still gets me no where closer to signing him - I do have some 50 million euro left to spend come december tho. Mostly signing for the future with some 7 wonderkids atm.

Got a whole slew of old stars on my Schalke 2 team, but having a hard time getting them to tutor my boys :(

Bought a regen with the name of Frank Schäf, model professional and labelled the next Klaus Fischer (Schalke legend!) (he has 17 finishing and 16 anticipation at aged 15).

Do the board give any more money in November? Cos it seems impossible to get Hunter to sign a new contract. I've been trying to get rid of Obasi and Barnetta but no takers even on frees

Thanfully I got my wage increased and I managed to tie him down in my first season

heading into my third season with Schalke, hopefully I can win the CL came really close in my first season of reaching the final, lost by a away goal to juve in the semis, got third in group stage in my second season but won the EL, third time is the charm hopefully...I have around 78 million (got 124 million pounds incoming through transfers) to spend lmao and havent used it

my squad is something like this

Beradi/Sane - Werner/Kramaric - Vietto/Remy

Meyer/Goretkza - Kovacic/Meyer

Bender/Ademi

Kolasnic/Aogo - Balanta/Westermann - Sule/Ayhan - Aurier/Itter

Fahrman/Rensing

Avidaj is on loan at Bayer Leverkusen for the entire year

• 1 month later...

finally completed my third season ...

3rd season 2016-17

IN : €32M.

Emre Can €32M.

Javier Hernandez "Chicharito" free

Maximilian Wittek free

OUT : €55.5M

Sorg, Rabiot, Pereyra, Celozzi, Ayhan, Sané, Friedrich,

Best Eleven 4-1-3-1-1

Chicharito

Draxler

Geis Holtby Goretzka

Aogo Neustadter Jung

Matip Howedes

Fahrmann

Subs :

Avidjaj

Meyer

Hoger Kimmich Can

Oczipka Kirhhoff Itter

Kempf Ayhan

Giefer

Bundesliga :

Played 34 - Won 21 - Draw 7 - Lost 6 - 66 goals scored - 34 goals conceded

1- FC Bayern Munchen 87 pts

2- Borussia Dortmund 73 pts

3- FC Schalke 70 pts

Season Top scorer :

Javier Hernandez "Chicharito" 24 gls / 8 ast in 30(9) apps

Max Meyer 14 gls / 9 ast in 20(6) apps

Julian Draxler 13 gls / 13 ast in 30(7) apps

Donis Avdijaj 9 gls / 2 ast in 15(4) apps

Geis 9 gls / 11 ast in 31(4) apps

DFB Pokal :

Final lost to Bayern 0-2

Champions League :

Group stage 2nd ( 3 wins - 2 draws - 1 loss )

1st knockout rd lost against Barcelona ( 1-0 / 3-4)

Trophies to date :

Bundesliga 2015

DFB Pokal 2016

• 1 month later...

Going back to my Schalke save later after a break. IN 2017, yet to win the league but did win the European Cup last season. Main reason to go back is the number of good regens I have for the future.

Had a nice fun season with Schalke in 2019 in my save. Goretzka, Meyer and Draxler were all superb for me. 4 seasons in they are very well developed. A lot of the other originals were gone, but won the league quite easily in the first season with those 3 as the main existing Schalke players, plus Howedes and Jung both also being regular starters.

Good fun club to manage all in all :)

• 4 months later...

Doing a "try to win the CL on every continent"

Started out with Argentine side River Plate, won the the league, Copa Argentina, Supercopa Argentina, Copa Libatadores, league, Copa Argentina, Supercopa Argentina, Copa Total Sudamerica and FIFA Club World Cup before leaving in January 2016

Joined Jeonbuk in South Korea in April 2017, won the league, the AFC Champions league and finished 3rd in the FIFA Club World Cup before failing out with the board as they won't improve my youth recruitment from above average (as the Asian CL was won I put up an ultimatum - but it was bye bye)

Joined Schalke04 in December 2018, with the side sitting 11th in the league

Going into the last game of the season two point ahead of Bayern in 2nd.

30n84qs.png

2mnrbro.png

Will the pain of 00/01 finally be eased?

Doing a "try to win the CL on every continent"

Started out with Argentine side River Plate, won the the league, Copa Argentina, Supercopa Argentina, Copa Libatadores, league, Copa Argentina, Supercopa Argentina, Copa Total Sudamerica and FIFA Club World Cup before leaving in January 2016

Joined Jeonbuk in South Korea in April 2017, won the league, the AFC Champions league and finished 3rd in the FIFA Club World Cup before failing out with the board as they won't improve my youth recruitment from above average (as the Asian CL was won I put up an ultimatum - but it was bye bye)

Joined Schalke04 in December 2018, with the side sitting 11th in the league

Going into the last game of the season two point ahead of Bayern in 2nd.

30n84qs.png

2mnrbro.png

Will the pain of 00/01 finally be eased?

Well no problems there

2zqu9h1.png

fz2q83.png

2wd616w.png

2dtw1ea.png

The European CL title up next, then off to South Africa or North America when that is in the bag in X amount of years

• 3 weeks later...

I started a Schalke save a few weeks ago and I must say it's the most fun I've had on a single player FM game in a while!

I decided to focus on signing mainly German players. In the summer of the first season I didn't do much in the transfer market. With £1.5m to spend and not much room in the budget, I only bought in Daniel Frahn from RB Leipzig for £1m as a back-up striker to Huntelaar. The first season started badly, we went out of the Cup at the first hurdle to amateur nobodies FT Braunschweig 3-1 after I played a second string. They had 3 shots and scored them all, we went down to 8 men after we had 2 injuries when all the subs had been made. Thankfully the league went well, I was leading the table by 3 points from 2nd place Bayern going into the winter break. I flogged a couple of players in January, Fuchs (who had an expiring contract and wasn't playing) went to Stuttgart for £400k and Matip went to Atletico for £12.5m, after spending pretty much all his time angling for a big move. With a bit of money to play with I raided Hoffenheim for Niklas Sule (£9.25m) and Kevin Volland (£17.75m). Most of those fees were paid in long term installments.

Unfortunately we couldn't hold on to our lead in the table, eventually Bayern overhauled us and eventually won the title by 6 points. We finished 3rd, on goal difference behind Dortmund.

In the summer I overhauled the squad. I made the difficult decision to flog Huntelaar. He was Fans' Player of the Year and the Bundesliga top scorer with 22 in 28 games. But he was in his 30s, on £100k per week with still 2 years to run on his contract. A few moneybags clubs were sniffing around; Man City, PSG and Milan were all interested, but in the end he went to Roma for £4m. Also out were Frahn (Heidenheim £750k), Aogo (Hoffenheim £3.1m), Farfan (Boca £3.4m), Boateng (Spurs £4.7m), Papadopoulos (Sassuolo £1m), Felipe Santana (Cruzeiro £1.2m), Obasi and Barnetta (released).

In their places I signed largely young(ish) Germans. In came Timo Horn for a min. fee of £6.75m, Jan Kirkhoff's loan from Bayern was made permanent for £3.4m, Jonas Hector for £3m, Johannes Geis for £7.5m, Pierre-Michel Lasogga from HSV for £8m, Bellarabi for a bargain £4.5m (min fee) and Christian Trasch on a free. The only non-Germans I signed were Nastasic (I didn't really want to make his loan permanent as he only played 10 games in the first season, but it was already agreed and couldn't be cancelled) and Bakkali on a free from PSV. Everyone in my squad is German except those two. The only exceptions being Sead Kolasinac (Bosnian), Kaan Ayhan (Turkish) and Maxim Choupu-Motung (Cameroonian), but those three all have German 2nd nationalities.

At the time of writing I'm in September of season 2, top of the league with 5 wins out of 5. I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 formation and my team looks like this:

GK: Timo Horn

DR: Kaan Ayhan

DC: Benedikt Howedes

DC: Niklas Sule

DL: Sead Kolasinac

DM: Roman Neustadter

MC: Julian Draxler

MC: Leon Goretzka

AMR: Kevin Volland

AML: Max Meyer

FC: Karim Bellarabi

SB1: Ralf Fahrmann