FM 2015: FC Schalke 04 - Sink the Bayern !

bianconeri96

wzpF6qW.png

INTRODUCTION

Some may ask why I have chosen “Sink the Bayern !” as a title ?

Well, firstly if like me Das Boot is one of your favorite war film you would know that most of the U-96 fictional crew members are big fans of the club from Gelsenkirchen.

Secondly and while Borussia Dortmund are the Royal Blues fierce rivals, FC Bayern München’ s dominance has been so outrageous over the last 4-5 decades of German football that it makes them the team to beat or should I say to sink.

Ok, nice story but why FC Schalke 04 ?

There are several reasons to choose Schalke :

- very good squad with promising players such as Julian Draxler, Max Meier or Leon Goretzka

- popular multi-sports club with one of the largest fan base in the world

- great facilities with a 61,973 stadium ( + 43,000 season ticket holders in-game )

- very good youth coaching, recruitment and facilities

Transfer budgets and philosophies

poy4Ful.png

9ItUsn8.png

Since the league format has been re-designed and named Bundesliga in 1963, the Royal Blues haven’t lifted the “Sacred Graal” despite finishing 2nd or 3rd many times. ( I won’t mention the heartbreaking 2000-01 season but those who are not aware and want to know more can visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000–01_Bundesliga ).

Schalke ’s last Championship title was in 1958. Do you have what it takes to bring the Deutsche Meisterschale to Gelsenkirchen ?

bPTE3Jn.jpg

If you want to know more about FC Schalke 04, you may visit the official website :

http://www.schalke04.de/en/

and the wikipedia page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Schalke_04

wzpF6qW.png

THE SQUAD

Defenders

8WdX1kU.pngAPhWwqC.pngRdEOXdb.pngpUaBdvg.png

9mJQFNh.pngUqFxztm.pngha9coff.pngkXlfYI1.png

With 9 proven players in defence, you are well covered whether you play 4 or 5 at the back.

On the left side, German International Aogo should be your first choice especially if you like to play with Wing Backs. Austrian International Fuchs and Young Bosnian International Kolosinac would provide very good alternatives.

In the center, German International Howedes is your Captain and should form a solid partnership with Cameroon International Matip . As backups, you are well covered with Brazilian Santana and German U21 International Kirchhoff on loan from FC Bayern Munchen.

Japanese International Uchida would be your first choice on the right with versatile young Turkish International Ayhan as a backup.

In case of injuries with the Seniors, Thilo Lehrer ( Center ) and Pascal Itter ( Right ) could also be promoted from your youth academy.

wzpF6qW.png

THE SQUAD

Midfielders

NpYk6hR.pngOYME8wm.pngT2Htr57.pngASahdP6.png

tXxxEhJ.pngMY2XJAa.pngE3Sy64n.pngWHy2NDM.png

9yUHGLx.pngHPRkXB8.pngbvw3oQd.pngIkpMnE8.png

As Schalke’s Manager, you have the future of the German National Mannschaft in your hands with Draxler, Meier and Goretzka.

Peruvian Star and fans favorite Farfan, German International Winger Sam and Ghanaian International Boateng should also be first picked in the team selection.

Versatile Swiss International Barnetta , Nigerian International Obasi , German U21 Wingers Clemens and Sané are other decent offensive options.

Basically you have plenty players in midfield very capable of creating and scoring goals.

With Hoger and Neustädter, you have at least two defensive-minded midfielders and this should be a good reason to hold on to them, and give them first team football. You can use Kirchhoff as a holding midfielder as well if needed.

There is definitely a offense / defence balance issue here which you will need to address if you want to bring success to the Royal Blues.

wzpF6qW.png

THE SQUAD

Forwards

w9CIG83.pngGDFlwUJ.pngTbBEK13.png

Not a lot of forwards in the squad and unless you bring new faces, you may have to play with a lone striker. Strong finisher Huntelaar would be your first choice, Choupo-Moting providing a good backup solution, and Avdijaj being the one to watch in coming years.

wzpF6qW.png

TACTICS

With so many wingers in the team, I would recommend that you choose a tactic that use wide players.

After starting with an asymmetric 4141, I currently play either a Flat 4141 or a Flat 4411. These two formations have been working very well as it allows me to rotate players which I am a big fan of.

Current Schalke Manager Di Matteo is using a 5-1-2-2, using the fullbacks Aogo-Uchida as wing backs. Schalke has a lot of injuries at the moment so not too sure if this would be his real first choice formation.

asymmetric 4141 & Flat 4411

0t5cEnO.png0xXfDyr.png

Flat 4141

fIn3m0n.png

wzpF6qW.png

TRANSFERS

I don’t think you need to make a lot of change from the squad you get at the start of the game and you won’t have much to spend anyway ( £ 2.5M ).

They are not many clubs interested in buying your excess players, but you can generate some cash by selling for example Fuchs ( £2.5M ) since he is in his last year of contact and seems reluctant to sign a new one.

I also sold Kolosinac ( £6M ) and Uchida ( £2M ).

With this generated income of £10.5M, I managed to get Bastian Oczipka ( $1.6M ) from Frankfurt , Fernando Gago ( £2.2M ) from Boca, Albin Ekdal ( £3.4M ) from Cagliari and Joshua Kimmich (£1.8M ) from Leipzig. Total spent £9.75M. I also took Christian Lell on a free.

In the winter transfer window, I also bought Stefano Celozzi from Bochum for £2.4M.

wzpF6qW.png

MISCELLANEOUS

Before you start your successful reign at Schalke, I strongly suggest that you add lower German division leagues to your game. Doing this would allow your B squad to have competitive games at a regional level. If they are doing well, they can even get promotion to the 3rd National Level which is appreciable if you are into youth development.

You can subscribe to a German Lower leagues add-on via the Steam workshop. I have subscribed myself to one called “Germany 5 divisions” , and so far I haven’t encountered any issue in the season.

That’s it ! I hope you will enjoy a great save with Schalke !

In case you are still hesitating, please let me introduce you to one of our famous and glamorous fan …

OFVg8tD.png

Regarding my own Schalke save, I an half-way through 1st season.

Played 17 - Won 11 - Draw 5 - Lost 1 - 26 goals scored - 12 goals conceded

1- FC Schalke 38 pts

2- Leverkusen 30 pts

3- FC Bayern Munchen 29 pts

The mighty Bayern and rival Dortmund have done particularly poorly so far , won't complain !

In Champions League, we were useless with 2 wins - 4 losses, finishing 4th in a tight but relatively easy group ( Liverpool, Porto, Lille ). But I am happy now to be relieve from European duties and focus on the Bundesliga and German cup only.

I am quiet solid defensively but haven't score much with my top goal scorer Huntelaar at 7 goals.

As mentioned earlier I have switched tactics in the winter break after getting Stefano Celozzi ( to cover right side ) and changed from an assymetric 4141 to a flat 4411.

This allows me to play with Meier just behind Huntelaar and keep a good balance between defensive and offensive duties.

In term of team spirit, I have managed to keep every one happy, by rotating. Only Choupo-Moting complained not having enough matchs but he is now ok.

havent started yet but i will definitely be buying a young striker with potential

any recommendations?

There is one in your youth squad, with very high potential. Avdijaj has the potential to be one of the best in the world, give him game time!

There is one in your youth squad, with very high potential. Avdijaj has the potential to be one of the best in the world, give him game time!

yeah just saw him and put him in as huntelaars backup

sold some deadwood and bought Peruzzi to play at RB, Odegaard on a free to get minutes behind Meyer, and splashed 7m on Lucas Romero to play alongside Goretzka for years to come

luckily Wolfsburg wanted Hoger so i sold him.

im thinking about replacing Fahrmann with maybe Timo Horn as hes cheap and has potential but i think ill give Fahrmann at least one season to prove himself

trying to sell Moting as im not impressed with his attributes but he wont leave

yeah just saw him and put him in as huntelaars backup

sold some deadwood and bought Peruzzi to play at RB, Odegaard on a free to get minutes behind Meyer, and splashed 7m on Lucas Romero to play alongside Goretzka for years to come

luckily Wolfsburg wanted Hoger so i sold him.

im thinking about replacing Fahrmann with maybe Timo Horn as hes cheap and has potential but i think ill give Fahrmann at least one season to prove himself

trying to sell Moting as im not impressed with his attributes but he wont leave

You did some good buyings here ... Fahrmann has be decisive and constant throughout the season for me so I 'd suggest to keep him.

1st season 2014-15

Bundesliga :

Played 34 - Won 19 - Draw 12 - Lost 3 - 57 goals scored - 31 goals conceded

1- FC Schalke 69 pts

2- FC Bayern Munchen 68 pts

3- Borussia Dortmund 65 pts

Season Top scorer : Huntelaar 18 goals

DFB Pokal :

Lost in final to FC Bayern

Champions League :

Group stage 4th ( 2 wins - 4 losses )

Transfer Budget : €50 M

Wages : €6.9 M

Players moves :

OUT

End of contract : Obasi, Wetklo, Huntelaar ( unless he accepts lower incomes )

Possible departure : Clemens, Sam, Farfan, Choupo-Moting, Hoger, Gago, Lell, Santana

IN

Kirchhoff : €5 M. loan option lifted

Transfer target :

1 GK

1 Central Defender ( right footed )

1 Playmaker

1 Box-to-box Midfield ( left footed )

1 or 2 Deep-lying forwards

I've done a network game as Schalke with my friend (who is Leverkusen). I'm 3 seasons in and have to say Schalke start with arguably the best batch of youngsters I've ever had on a football manager game.

Goretzka, Meyer, Avdijaj, Draxler = wow!

I always try and keep to a domestic bias wherever I manage. To my squad I've added Timo Werner, Niklas Sule, Timo Horn, Joshua Kimmich, Andre Hahn, Marc-Oliver Kempf, Julian Weigl & Kevin Volland.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. I'm 4 trophies to 0 ahead of my mate, just now entering season 4. 2 league trophies, 1 cup and 1 supercup.

I've made a fair few board requests to increase training and youth facilities and continue to pump money into junior coaching.

I would suggest keeping Uchida as I seemed to make millions off his popular shirt sales :-)

Julian Draxler in 3rd season won world player of the year! Finally Messi & Ronaldo's hold of that trophy has been broken!

Good thread. I had saves with Schalke in FM11, 12, 13, 14 (won the champions league first season in FM14 FMC). I might do another one in FM15 but at the moment trying out some other teams.

It's definitely a good team that can push for the title.

It is also always interesting to see the development of the GK position since Neuer left to Bayern. First they had Faehrmann then Unnerstall, then Timo Hildebrand, now Faehrmann is back. I haven't seen his stats for FM15 yet but I hope he improved in order to be the number 1 to keep.

decided to play 4-2-3-1 with two holding midfielders (DMs) in my away formation and with one in my home formation

Matip came crying to me about joining Liverpool so i decided to buy Balanta as his replacement, kinda happy about that as Matip has terrible mental attributes

realised Determination is a problem with this young squad and i cant tutor them as they are senior players already.

looking forward to this save, these are the kind of saves i love that you take over a decent squad who arent the kings in their division

I've done a network game as Schalke with my friend (who is Leverkusen). I'm 3 seasons in and have to say Schalke start with arguably the best batch of youngsters I've ever had on a football manager game.

Goretzka, Meyer, Avdijaj, Draxler = wow!

I always try and keep to a domestic bias wherever I manage. To my squad I've added Timo Werner, Niklas Sule, Timo Horn, Joshua Kimmich, Andre Hahn, Marc-Oliver Kempf, Julian Weigl & Kevin Volland.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. I'm 4 trophies to 0 ahead of my mate, just now entering season 4. 2 league trophies, 1 cup and 1 supercup.

I've made a fair few board requests to increase training and youth facilities and continue to pump money into junior coaching.

I would suggest keeping Uchida as I seemed to make millions off his popular shirt sales :-)

Julian Draxler in 3rd season won world player of the year! Finally Messi & Ronaldo's hold of that trophy has been broken!

Thanks for sharing this ! I got rid of Uchida on first summer simply because it was either re-signing him or cashing in.

I kind of play the same way as you do, buying domestic players ( pretty much all players you brought in are on my wish list ) and developing youth.

Well done for the trophies you've collected in three seasons !

Good thread. I had saves with Schalke in FM11, 12, 13, 14 (won the champions league first season in FM14 FMC). I might do another one in FM15 but at the moment trying out some other teams.

It's definitely a good team that can push for the title.

It is also always interesting to see the development of the GK position since Neuer left to Bayern. First they had Faehrmann then Unnerstall, then Timo Hildebrand, now Faehrmann is back. I haven't seen his stats for FM15 yet but I hope he improved in order to be the number 1 to keep.

If I remember Fm14 correctly, it seems Fahrmann ' stats have been raised.

He will definitely be my number 1 for a while unless I am pushing hard for Europe or if there is an opportunity to sign a better option )

decided to play 4-2-3-1 with two holding midfielders (DMs) in my away formation and with one in my home formation

Matip came crying to me about joining Liverpool so i decided to buy Balanta as his replacement, kinda happy about that as Matip has terrible mental attributes

realised Determination is a problem with this young squad and i cant tutor them as they are senior players already.

looking forward to this save, these are the kind of saves i love that you take over a decent squad who arent the kings in their division

Your tactics make sense and should suit the actual squad. Wise choice for Matip 's replacement.

Personally I am going to move to a new tactic from my 2nd season , with a 4-1-3-1-1 as I don't playing with wingers, and prefer wing backs.

Thanks for sharing this ! I got rid of Uchida on first summer simply because it was either re-signing him or cashing in.

I kind of play the same way as you do, buying domestic players ( pretty much all players you brought in are on my wish list ) and developing youth.

Well done for the trophies you've collected in three seasons !

Thanks Bianconeri.

For any new starters with Schalke, consider Andre Hahns & Timo Horns release clauses. Both very cheap. Also Kimmich can be picked up for 1.4m-2.5m and is definitely worthwhile.

2nd season 2015-16

IN : €56M.

Lewis Holtby €23M.

Johannes Geis €9.25M.

Marc-Oliver Kempf €9M.

Jan Kirchhoff €5.5M. ( loan to permanent )

Sebastian Jung €3.5M.

Paul Grauschopf €2M.

Fred Abu €3.3M. ( young regen )

Roberto Pereyra free

Emre Can loan from Liverpool

Javier Hernandez "Chicharito" loan from Man. Utd

OUT : €65M

Boateng, Gago, Sam, Clemens, Choupo-Moting, Papadopoulos, Farfan, Santana , Lell.

Best Eleven 4-1-3-1-1

Chicharito

Draxler

Geis Holtby Goretzka

Aogo Neustadter Jung

Matip Howedes

Fahrmann

Subs :

Avidjaj

Meyer

Hoger Pereyra Can

Oczipka Kirhhoff Sorg

Kempf Ayhan

Giefer

how do you use Draxler?

hes been underperforming as a inside forward for me

Retrained to centre midfield and since..... wow! World player of the year in season three and seems favorite to win it again season 4.

He's top key passer 4 years running and doubles the player in second place. Average rating of around 8.40-8.65. Goal or assist every game!

First season in a 4141, I played him as a left winger and he was ok ( 8 goals / 6 assists / 4 PoM in 28 appearances).

Now in my second season, after getting rid of wingers and using a 41311, I am using him as a shadow striker behind a deep lying forward and he has been excellent with 6 goals / 4 assists / 2 PoM in 9 appearances.

First season in a 4141, I played him as a left winger and he was ok ( 8 goals / 6 assists / 4 PoM in 28 appearances).

Now in my second season, after getting rid of wingers and using a 41311, I am using him as a shadow striker behind a deep lying forward and he has been excellent with 6 goals / 4 assists / 2 PoM in 9 appearances.

where did you play Meyer in that 4141 formation?

In my first season, Meyer was mainly a sub, on the left wing to replace Draxler, or in the centre to replace Boateng. When replacing Boateng I was moving him up bit in an assymetric 4141 or behind the striker in a 4411, as shown in the tactics screenshots in the team presentation.

Started a game with Schalke and finding it really enjoyable. So many great young talents, shame about the low determination of most of them and the inablity to have them tutored.

First season was a realtive success finishing 2nd (67 pts) behind runaway winners Bayern (83 pts). We finished 7 pts ahead of Mainz in 3rd. Found ourselves in the semi-finals of the German Cup before a narrow loss against BMG. We scraped through our CL group in 2nd, dispatched PSG comfortably before being dispatched by Chelsea comfortably.

I made no transfers in the first season and gave youth a chance and it paid off. I did make £33m in sales though, Matip 13m, Barnetta 3m, Fuchs 2m, Obasi 500k, Choupou-Moting 6m, Santana 2m and Aogo 3.5m, were all sold, a few in January.

Been plugging away at winning the league with Schalke for three seasons, looks like I've finally got it this year - a 4-0 victory v Bayern Munich meaning the gap between me (1st), 2nd place Bayern and 3rd Dortmund got even bigger, to 8 and 11 points respectively. Qualified for Champions League football in early March as well and still unbeaten. The only sour spot this season is having to play Europa League due to Juventus being far too good for us in the Champions League best placed round.

The men who got me this far (2018/2019 season, moved to Schalke from FC Twente) in a controlling, fluid and flat 4-4-2:

SK: Jeronimo Rulli (free transfer in 2018)

FB: Jonathan Tah (8m from HSV)

CB: Benedikt Howedes

CB: Joel Matip

FB: Christian Gunter (5m from Freiburg)

W: Patrick Hermann (8m from Monchengladbach)

MC, D: Leon Goretzka

AP, S: Maximilian Meyer

W: Julian Draxler (sold to Bayern after some whining, bought back after he did the same there)

DLF, S: Max Kruse (3m from Real Madrid) or Mariusz Stepinski (free of Nurnberg), with the latter being quite amazing

AF: Doris Avdijaj

The focal point has been getting homegrown youth into the side and with players like Kaan Ayhan getting complimented by quality regens it's paying off rather handsomely. It's actually quite enjoyable seeing Dortmund for instance getting guys like Balanta, Gauld and Timo Werner in and still beating them.

On a different note, I released Ralf Fahrmann due to him demanding too much in wages for a second choice goalkeeper and no one's come in for him yet. He's on a free transfer, but so are quite amazing players like Guido Vadala and even Nathaniel Clyne. It's kind of silly to see them not getting picked up, especially since a lot of clubs are also not doing the opposite of it i.e. developing their own youth.

Started a game with Schalke and finding it really enjoyable. So many great young talents, shame about the low determination of most of them and the inablity to have them tutored.

First season was a realtive success finishing 2nd (67 pts) behind runaway winners Bayern (83 pts). We finished 7 pts ahead of Mainz in 3rd. Found ourselves in the semi-finals of the German Cup before a narrow loss against BMG. We scraped through our CL group in 2nd, dispatched PSG comfortably before being dispatched by Chelsea comfortably.

I made no transfers in the first season and gave youth a chance and it paid off. I did make £33m in sales though, Matip 13m, Barnetta 3m, Fuchs 2m, Obasi 500k, Choupou-Moting 6m, Santana 2m and Aogo 3.5m, were all sold, a few in January.

Indeed a very good 1st season with 67 points, and unfortunate that Bayern seemed out of reach. I am surprised to see Dortmund not even reaching 60 points.

Which players did you bring in in your 2nd season ?

Been plugging away at winning the league with Schalke for three seasons, looks like I've finally got it this year - a 4-0 victory v Bayern Munich meaning the gap between me (1st), 2nd place Bayern and 3rd Dortmund got even bigger, to 8 and 11 points respectively. Qualified for Champions League football in early March as well and still unbeaten. The only sour spot this season is having to play Europa League due to Juventus being far too good for us in the Champions League best placed round.

The men who got me this far (2018/2019 season, moved to Schalke from FC Twente) in a controlling, fluid and flat 4-4-2:

SK: Jeronimo Rulli (free transfer in 2018)

FB: Jonathan Tah (8m from HSV)

CB: Benedikt Howedes

CB: Joel Matip

FB: Christian Gunter (5m from Freiburg)

W: Patrick Hermann (8m from Monchengladbach)

MC, D: Leon Goretzka

AP, S: Maximilian Meyer

W: Julian Draxler (sold to Bayern after some whining, bought back after he did the same there)

DLF, S: Max Kruse (3m from Real Madrid) or Mariusz Stepinski (free of Nurnberg), with the latter being quite amazing

AF: Doris Avdijaj

The focal point has been getting homegrown youth into the side and with players like Kaan Ayhan getting complimented by quality regens it's paying off rather handsomely. It's actually quite enjoyable seeing Dortmund for instance getting guys like Balanta, Gauld and Timo Werner in and still beating them.

On a different note, I released Ralf Fahrmann due to him demanding too much in wages for a second choice goalkeeper and no one's come in for him yet. He's on a free transfer, but so are quite amazing players like Guido Vadala and even Nathaniel Clyne. It's kind of silly to see them not getting picked up, especially since a lot of clubs are also not doing the opposite of it i.e. developing their own youth.

Well done for your first championship win ! Did you make money on the Julian Draxler's saga ?

2nd season i brought in Wilfred Bony 16m, Niklas Stark 5m and Roberto Pereya on a free. Sold Sam for 16m and let a load leave on frees inlcuding Huntelar.

Just won the league with 2 games to spare, led the pack from game 6 and havent been challenged for it since. A little dissapointed tbh lol. Lost in the 4th round of the cup and first knockout round of the Champions League.

Ive got Shaqiri joining me on a free next season B).

Looking much more competitive in your game bianconeri96.

I recommend promoting Sane. He is VERY good for me.

Sold Draxler as Bayern activated the clause, got patrick herrmann in as a replacement has been just as good for me.

So far sitting pretty at top spot, sold and bought a few players. Most of the core is still there sold Santana and a few older players, got Romero (Both Romero's Lucas and Gaston Gil) and have Kevin Vogt coming in Jan (in November 2nd season at the moment)

I like midfielders as you can probably tell.

2nd season i brought in Wilfred Bony 16m, Niklas Stark 5m and Roberto Pereya on a free. Sold Sam for 16m and let a load leave on frees inlcuding Huntelar.

Just won the league with 2 games to spare, led the pack from game 6 and havent been challenged for it since. A little dissapointed tbh lol. Lost in the 4th round of the cup and first knockout round of the Champions League.

Ive got Shaqiri joining me on a free next season B).

Looking much more competitive in your game bianconeri96.

Well done in winning the league !

Yeah, there is definitely more competition in my 2nd season but I was lucky in my first with a small season from Bayern and Dortmund.

I signed Roberto Pereyra on a free too, Stark went to Ajax but is still on my radar.

Like you , I left Huntelaar go free. To replace him I choose to loan Chicharito from Man. Utd ( since, I have signed him on a free bosman ). But I remember Bony in a previous FM version doing a Vitesse Arnhem save and he was a beast.

Well done for your first championship win ! Did you make money on the Julian Draxler's saga ?

Lost two million on it but all in all didn't really care, he's assisting goals left, right and center. And in his absence Sane and Multhaup both impressed greatly so that was a nice bonus for the road.

2nd season 2015-16

Bundesliga :

Played 34 - Won 25 - Draw 5 - Lost 4 - 72 goals scored - 25 goals conceded

1- FC Bayern Munchen 83 pts

2- FC Schalke 04 80 pts

3- Borussia Dortmund 70 pts

Season Top scorer :

Javier Hernandez "Chicharito" 20 gls / 5 ast in 28 apps

Julian Draxler 14 gls / 11 ast in 27 apps

Donis Avdijaj 13 gls / 4 ast in 21 apps

Max Meyer 12 gls / 9 ast in 20 apps

DFB Pokal :

Won

Champions League :

Group stage 3rd ( 2 wins - 1 draw - 3 losses )

Europa League : 1st knockout rd against Juventus ( 2-2 / 2-3 )

Trophies to date :

Bundesliga 2015

DFB Pokal 2016

finished my 1st season

came 2nd and lost the title on GD to Bayern :mad:

lost to Benfica in the QFs of the CL.

Draxler's form really improved after january and he won german player of the year, Meyer imo was our best player, never missed a game and has improved

I couldnt help myself and signed Valdes in the january after his injury was gone :D i always need a GK i can trust and hes only on 80k a week so its worth it and i like sweeper keepers.

Sam has been solid so i think i will sell Farfan in the summer and look for a better LB as i dont like Aogo. Huntelaar wont be getting a new contract because his demands are ridiculous, so ill try get a world class one for Avdijaj to play under (he was brilliant every time i gave him a chance but hes not fully ready yet)

i really love these young players at this club and we will dethrone Bayern next season!

My first real save on FM15 is Schalke and we won the league on the final day of the season, pipping Bayern by 3 pts (they drew 0-0 and we won 7-0 ;) )

Played a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with a view to swapping to a 4-3-3-0 formation in season 2. We were grinding out narrow wins to keep pace with Bayern but when Huntelaar went down with a hip injury for 4 months just before the winter break, I changed formations mid season and we won 10 of our last 11 games, scoring a lot more freely into the bargain.

My only first team signings in season 1 were Tielemans and Niklas Stark.

We lost 1-0 home and away to Chelsea in the UCL 1st knockout stage and we lost 4-3 to Wolfsburg in the cup final after leading 3-0 after 35 mins :(

Archived