[fm15] [released] stadium graphics/banners for 3d match engine

strangerthankindness

Guys seem to be encountering some sort of problem after installing this pack to the exact location specified,all the boards around the pitch are black.Now again i know for sure that the installation path is correct but just cant figure for the life of me why this isnt showing up.Im using standard skin.Ive enclosed a screenshot of what im getting when match is being played.

cheers

BFCI7IZ.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Amazing work, thanks for the effort in making this possible.

This is for FM14, but from what I have seen it should work fine with FM15 as the code is the same. I am still playing 14 so I have not moved it across to test.

Being slightly anal I decided to explore how this actually works within the game. From my exhaustive testing, the game can load 102 images for a stadium (out of about 150 sign boards that the engine renders). The game starts from the left dugout side of the pitch as 1 and proceeds around in a clockwise manner. Once it has reached 102 it then goes back to the beginning...

For my stadium, I decided that items 1 to 40 would be club logos/sponsors only because your average fan can not drape a flags over these banners due to being arrested and evicted!

To speed up the layout I created 100 png's with a number on them, and from there it was simply a case of replacing them with the desired image. In all it took me about 50 minutes to kit out the stadium once the graphics were finished. I will attach a link to the file if people want to download, plus a config file insert. My numbering scheme was CCCCII where CCCC was the club id and II was the image. Thinking about it logically, it makes sense to use 100 images 0-99 so the number is smaller. As an example my club is Hartlepool whose id is 661, so the first image is 66100 and the last image is 66199.

This is how the stadium looks with the blanks loaded.

Capture1.png

So images 1-40 are all club/sponsor and ring the pitch, and then 41-102 are a mixture of the fan flags and club logos. I think it took about 17 unique images all up for my teams home stadium.

You simply replace the appropriate logo with your fancy graphic, reload the skin and Voila!

Capture.png

Link to Blank Banners and config inserts.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/703w5sczv667pd2/ads.zip

Link to the Hartlepool Graphics

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6hv9ahzivnvwlgu/hartlepool.zip

ISSUE: I started a game with AJ Auxerre in France's second division and I see they have Braga (Portuguese 1st div club) banners.

Must be a config issue I'm guessing because I do see the folder with Auxerre adboards. How do I fix this? Looks very strange especially since the two clubs have very different colors (blue vs. red)

Yeah the files are definitely there, it's just the game is getting the wrong ads for that club and is using Braga's instead.

I'd REALLY appreciate help in fixing this. It's probably a small typo in the config file regarding the club ID or something. I guess I can open it with Notepad and edit it right? But what do I exactly change? The topic starter/creator doesn't seem to have been active on this thread for awhile but perhaps Michael Murraym, 'baddragon62' or someone else knows the answer. It should be fairly simple and a minor mistake.

======

I opened up the config file and see the following:

<!-- Auxerre ads -->

<record id="4530" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/1"/>

<record id="4531" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/2"/>

<record id="4532" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/3"/>

<record id="4533" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/4"/>

<record id="4534" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/5"/>

<record id="4535" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/6"/>

<record id="4536" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/7"/>

<record id="4537" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/8"/>

<record id="4538" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/9"/>

<record id="4539" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/10"/>

<record id="4540" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/11"/>

<record id="4541" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/12"/>

============================

That's the issue, those numbers such as <record id="4541" are the Braga adboards. Whoever made it made a minor mistake which is inevitable when dealing with that many clubs.

I need to find out what the record id is for the 12 Auxerre images I have in folder to edit that manually. Any idea how I can find out? I have the files, it's just not linking it to the correct club.

======

I opened up the config file and see the following:

<!-- Auxerre ads -->

<record id="4530" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/1"/>

<record id="4531" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/2"/>

<record id="4532" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/3"/>

<record id="4533" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/4"/>

<record id="4534" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/5"/>

<record id="4535" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/6"/>

<record id="4536" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/7"/>

<record id="4537" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/8"/>

<record id="4538" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/9"/>

<record id="4539" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/10"/>

<record id="4540" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/11"/>

<record id="4541" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/12"/>

============================

That's the issue, those numbers such as <record id="4541" are the Braga adboards. Whoever made it made a minor mistake which is inevitable when dealing with that many clubs.

I need to find out what the record id is for the 12 Auxerre images I have in folder to edit that manually. Any idea how I can find out? I have the files, it's just not linking it to the correct club.

The numbers are whatever you make them. The configs file is a database table - the number you assign to each image is the record id - just chose a number which is not used. my idea was to use club id (824 for auxerre), and add the picture id to them, so 82401, 82402, etc. that way you have no duplications. I am looking at writing a script to clean up the xml file along this line - of course you also need to clean up the images as well :-(

You also have to change the list entry as well.

look for "<list id="824">" and change the integer values in the list to reflect the new image id's

<list id="824">

<integer value="82401"/>

<integer value="82401"/>

<integer value="82445"/>

</list>

<!-- Auxerre ads -->

<record id="82401" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/1"/>

<record id="82402" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/2"/>

<record id="82412" path="pictures/ads/europe/france/clubs/auxerre/12"/>

Thank you very much for your help! I did it and it worked. :)

Hi PLF -

Apologies for not noticing your comments and issues earlier; I've been away from the site for a bit and just now logged in after an absence. Thank you to baddragon for helping out with your problem, and apologies for the Auxerre/Braga mix-up. I had tried to go through and test every home stadium's banners by loading up all the leagues in question and looking at a home game in each ground, but that's a lot of clubs, and Auxerre must have slipped through the cracks unfortunately. As baddragon mentioned it's just a simple case of changing either the Auxerre or Braga codes (4530-4541) in both sections to another set of #'s that aren't in the system; safest and easiest to just add an extra zero so they're 45300-45410, but whatever #'s you prefer is fine. I'll make sure to fix that in the FM2016 patch.

Barring any strange changes to the coding and the layouts of the adboards in FM2016, I should be able to post an update a few weeks after the new game is released. I've already worked on adding adboards to all the clubs that are in the UEFA Champions League and Euro Cup this year, as well as the newly promoted teams in the top leagues that are already covered. Will also add in the full Eredivisie this year, too. If anyone has another league they'd like covered, just let me know.

Thanks also to baddragon for the work in going through and seeing where each individual adboard winds up in the stadium. I haven't had a chance yet to download and go through your file, but much thanks for assembling it. One quick thing, though: in FM15 they did rearrange some of the banner codes in a non-chronological order for some reason, so that what was a pretty linear left-to-right progression of banners in fm14 became slightly more irregular in fm15.

Looking forward to 16....

======

Also, one quick thing to you and anyone else who edits the config file: if you do make changes to it, you normally have to close out of steam and FM and restart it for the changes to take effect. I think that when you first start up FM, it reads the config file then and uses that set-up until it's restarted. The "clear cache" button will just change the graphics images (if you just change the auxerre/1 graphic image, for instance), but if you change it in the config file from "auxerre/1" to "auxerre/1111" or "auxerre/fan image1" or whatever, then you need to restart completely.

Also of course, any changes to the config file should be made by an actual text editor; i had tried word or textedit when I first started playing around with this, and even though it looked like it worked, it never did.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
How many FM versions back can you use this file with, I occasionally play FM10 as I have a save I can't leave... Is it compatible with that?

BTW the Norwegian Premier Division would be great to have for FM2016.

I don't think it will work with FM10 as the coding in the xml files for the adboards in the first few years of the 3D match engine was a little different, though you can always try them with FM10 just make sure you save your game before playing a match as any problems might cause the game to crash.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi PLF -

Apologies for not noticing your comments and issues earlier; I've been away from the site for a bit and just now logged in after an absence. Thank you to baddragon for helping out with your problem, and apologies for the Auxerre/Braga mix-up. I had tried to go through and test every home stadium's banners by loading up all the leagues in question and looking at a home game in each ground, but that's a lot of clubs, and Auxerre must have slipped through the cracks unfortunately. As baddragon mentioned it's just a simple case of changing either the Auxerre or Braga codes (4530-4541) in both sections to another set of #'s that aren't in the system; safest and easiest to just add an extra zero so they're 45300-45410, but whatever #'s you prefer is fine. I'll make sure to fix that in the FM2016 patch.

Barring any strange changes to the coding and the layouts of the adboards in FM2016, I should be able to post an update a few weeks after the new game is released. I've already worked on adding adboards to all the clubs that are in the UEFA Champions League and Euro Cup this year, as well as the newly promoted teams in the top leagues that are already covered. Will also add in the full Eredivisie this year, too. If anyone has another league they'd like covered, just let me know.

Thanks also to baddragon for the work in going through and seeing where each individual adboard winds up in the stadium. I haven't had a chance yet to download and go through your file, but much thanks for assembling it. One quick thing, though: in FM15 they did rearrange some of the banner codes in a non-chronological order for some reason, so that what was a pretty linear left-to-right progression of banners in fm14 became slightly more irregular in fm15.

Looking forward to 16....

No probs - glad to help out.

I am just starting to look at fm16 and the game is working fine with the existing graphics. However, I am getting crash dumps when loading highlights for clubs with no graphics supplied. Have you seen this happening?

• 8 months later...

Archived