ZenitvACMilan_FieldFull.png

Zenit (Behind the Goal Cam)

XolosTijuanavMalacateco_PitchFull-3.png

Xolos Tijuana Rail Cam

RivervBanfield_PitchFull.png

River Plate (Close Cam)

LigadeQuitovMillonarios_PitchFull.png

Liga de Quito (Behind the Goal)

Interested in adding some variety to each stadium backdrop in the match engine? Looking to bring a club’s fan culture and colors into the game? Hopefully this graphics mod, updated from last year's edition, can help: it replaces the various generic FM/Sega/sigames/etc ads along the stadium with club-specific supporter’s flags, logos, tifos, and more, thereby giving each match backdrop a bit more local color and fan flair. SI put a lot more adboards all around the stadiums this year, so there's even more opportunities to see club-specific colors and fan culture all around the game.

WHAT’S INSIDE?

Banners, flags, and other team-specific graphics to give your FM15 3D match engine a more colorful experience. Almost 5,000 club or league-linked images (nearly double last year's version).

STADIUM BANNERS FROM THE TOP FIVE EUROPEAN LEAGUES:

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP * LA LIGA * BUNDESLIGA 1 * SERIE A * LIGUE 1

PLUS: * SKYBET ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP * BUNDESLIGA 2 * SKYBET LEAGUE ONE (NEW THIS YEAR!)

*NEARLY COMPLETE PACKS FOR LIGUE 2 / LIGA ADELANTE / SERIE B / BUNDESLIGA 2 (Added in update 2.0)

AND: Over 50 top clubs from across Europe (usually Champions League qualifiers), including....

• Austria (Austria Wien, Rapid Wien, Red Bull Salzburg, Sturm Graz)
  • Belgium (Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk, Lokeren, Standard Liege)
  • Czech Republic (Slavia Prague, Sparta Prague, Slovan Liberec, Viktoria Plzen)
  • Greece (Olympiakos, Panathanaikos, PAOK)
  • Holland (Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord, PSV, Twente, Vitesse)
  • Israel (Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Maccabi Tel-Avi, Maccabi Haifa)
  • Portugal (Benfica, Braga, P. Ferreira, Porto, Sporting, Estoril, Rio Ave, and several more)
  • Scotland (Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers, St. Mirren)
  • Turkey (Besiktas, Galatasary, Fenerbache, Trabzonspor, Bursaspor)
  • Ukraine (Dnipro, Dynamo Kyiv, Metalist, Shakhtar)

• Plus EVERY OTHER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TEAM FOR 2014/2015 and NEARLY EVERY EUROPA LEAGUE TEAM.

NEW THIS YEAR!

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE (ADDED IN V.2)

LIGA ZONA SAGRES (ADDED IN V.2)

DUTCH EREDIVISIE (ADDED IN V.2)

MLS (includes NYFC, New York Cosmos, and Orlando City), plus special focus on CONCACAF including top teams from LIGA MX and CONCACAF Champions League veterans like Saprissa, Olimpia Honduras, Tauro FC, and more.

South American squads, including 9 teams from Argentine Primera Division, 17 clubs from Brazilian Championship, and high-ranking clubs from other South American nations for those playing in the Copa Libertadores.

AND...: league-specific ads that will appear if you are playing a team not in the file. For instance, a Liga Adelante game will generate Spain-specific, Liga Adelante ads if that team is not in the file; same with all leagues mentioned above, including Champions League, Europa League, Copa Libertadores, etc. Friendly games outside of an official league (or a league not in the file) will show SI’s FM15 default ads.

ADDED IN VERSION 2.0: DEFAULT CORPORATE ADBOARDS FOLDER: For those who wish to replace generic SI adboard folder with more realistic corporate adboards! To use, simply remove “default” ads folder and rename “default_corporate_ads” folder as “default.” please save original default folder in case you would like to want to switch it back in. This ‘default_corporate_ads” folder is for those who play in leagues or with clubs not covered in this pack, who still wish to see more realistic adboards.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Place first ads folder (with xml file) inside Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015 folder

2. Place large pictures/ads folder inside Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/graphics folder. (If you do not have a graphics folder yet, please create one. If you already have a graphics and pictures folder, place large ads folder within the graphics/pictures folder, so that it should now read graphics/pictures/ads.)

3. Please restart FM15 entirely. Only when FM15 is restarted will it read the new ads xml file that we’ve added in.

4. Go to Preferences/Interface screen in game; please click on Clear Cache, and then Reload Skin.

5. Individual team banners and flags should now appear. Enjoy.

NOTE: Some custom skins may have a separate graphics/pictures folder within their skin, and will only read pictures and graphics if they are placed inside it. If you are using a custom skin and the banners are not appearing, please move the large ads folder into that skin’s graphics/pictures folder and see if that works. Again, restart the game, etc etc.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS!

As with the FM14 version of this that I created last year, this mod owes thanks to the “FM 14 Ad Board Patch” created by tv_capper at sortitoutsi.net, which added realistic ads to the advertising boards. We’ve used their original xml file as a base, changing where necessary and adding a lot onto it, and replaced all their league-specific ad images with club-specific banners and flags. Also thanks to a user called renato_2913 on the fm-brasil forums, whose mod put club-specific tifos into the Brazilian league; it’s where I first noticed this was possible. Without the work of these users, this mod could never have been imagined, so thanks again to them.**

** Images were found through various sources: PES and FIFA users who created their own banner collections, websites devoted to pictures of ultras and tifos, scarf vendors, individual club and supporters’ sites, and many more. Special mention to the great banners created by users like Uomagnetico on the soccergaming.com forum; Zirko on the oltreilclacio Italian FM forums, Edwin on the pessoccerworld forums, and more.**

DOWNLOAD VERSION 15.2 HERE, AND (HOPEFULLY) ENJOY!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2srl3zmb9z58hd/STADIUM_GRAPHICS_FOR_3D_MATCH_ENGINE_FM15_V2.zip

Leagues & Cups Examples From Version 2.0: These will appear if you are playing against a team that does NOT have individual club banners; the game will display the league/cup ads instead.

FAcup_Adboards.png

FA Cup - Generic Adboards

ZonaSagresAdboards.png

Portuguese First Division - Generic Adboards

ArgentinePrimera.png

Argentine Primera

Default Corporate Ads - These will appear if you are playing against a club with no individual banners, in a league without individual banners.

DefaultCorporate.png

FINAL WORDS

Enjoy!! Questions? Comments? Let me know. This mod isn't designed to faithfully replicate every signboard in every stadium, merely to find a way to insert some fan culture and club colors into the game. Nor does it duplicate advertising banners, so no signboards for Mastercard, Adidas, etc, although I have added some for the league-specific defaults. If you are interested in realistic advertising banners, the sortitoutsi.net TV Adboards mod by tv_capper is what you should find. Finally, it proved too time-consuming to position every supporter's flag into its correct spot in a stadium (Curva Nord in the North end, etc), especially as the images are repeated 3-5 times, so apologies for that. Thanks again, and enjoy!

Some tips….

If you are playing with a particular team and would like to insert your own graphics into this mod, follow these instructions….

A. If the team already has banners in the game, just look through the graphics/pictures/ads folder to find the team folder. Ads are arranged by continent, then country, then clubs. (Europe/france/clubs/monaco, or Europe/england/clubs/arsenal, or South America/argentina/clubs/boca, for instance). Then browse through the png files of images and replace an existing image with your own, making sure to give it the same name. Files should be 1024x128, or at least a very long rectangle. Then go into Preferences, clear cache, reload skin, and you should see the image. Please make sure to not do this while you are watching a match; FM15 will store the same images if you are in the middle of watching a game, so you need to exit the 3D match engine and return to it to allow it to reload the new images you’ve just added.

B. FOR EXPERTS ONLY: If the team DOES NOT have any banners in the game, you will need to open up the xml file and create a new line of code to add your team. A simple way to do this is to browse through the xml file, find a team that you have no use for, and simply replace it with your team. For instance, say you are playing in Holland as Sparta Rotterdam, and know you will never play in the Brazilian league. You could look for Corinthians in the xml file, which is arranged in two sections, the first of which tells the game how to link image #’s with club ID’s, the second of which tells the game where to find the actual images in the graphics/pictures/ads folder. Finding Corinthians in the first part, you’ll see it above a line called “list id=319,’ which is that team’s Club ID. Simply replace that ID# with that of Sparta Rotterdams’, which is 1039. It also lists about 14 numbers repeated for 45 lines total; this is the ID of the ads that will go around the stadium in 45 sections. Next, you’ll find Corinthians in the second section of the xml file, as a long string of 14 lines, one for each of the ad ID’s, telling the game where to find the ads: in this case, “pictures/ads/south america/brazil/clubs/corinthians.” Simply rephrase each line as “pictures/ads/europe/the netherlands/clubs/sparta rotterdam (or whatever the destination). Then save the file (in an xml text creator, of course), and then create an actual ‘sparta rotterdam’ folder with 14 of your favorite sparta rotterdam images, making sure to name them as whatever they were named in the xml file (usually they are just numbered, for simplicity’s sake). Place that folder, of course, in the same place you said it would be. Make sure to avoid capitalized letters; the game will not read those, for some reason. Then restart the game accordingly, and you should then see the results in action.

Thank you, and Enjoy

UPDATE - VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE

SEE INTRO POST OR DOWNLOAD HERE....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2srl3zmb9z58hd/STADIUM_GRAPHICS_FOR_3D_MATCH_ENGINE_FM15_V2.zip

Changelog:

v.15_2

Fixed naming error that was causing WINRAR to fail when opening zip file

Scottish Premier League added

Portuguese Premier Division aka Zona Sagres added almost fully

Dutch Eredivisie added almost fully

Liga Adelante added almost fully

Ligue 2 (France) added almost fully

Updates/improvements for various German and Spain clubs

More league & cup adboards added

New Default_corporate_adboards folder added for those who wish to switch out SI adboards with more realistic adboards.

DEFAULT CORPORATE ADBOARDS FOLDER: For those who wish to replace generic SI adboard folder with more realistic corporate adboards! To use, simply remove “default” ads folder and rename “default_corporate_ads” folder as “default.” please save original default folder in case you would like to want to switch it back in. This ‘default_corporate_ads” folder is for those who play in leagues or with clubs not covered in this pack, who still wish to see more realistic adboards.

Leagues & Cups Examples: These will appear if you are playing against a team that does NOT have their individual club banners; the game will display the league/cup ads instead.

FAcup_Adboards.png

FA Cup - Generic Adboards

ZonaSagresAdboards.png

Portuguese First Division - Generic Adboards

CoupedeFranceAdboards.png

Coupe de France

ArgentinePrimera.png

Argentine Primera

Default Corporate Ads - These will appear if you are playing against a club with no individual banners, in a league without individual banners.

DefaultCorporate.png

Great work !

However, when unzipping the file, about 80 "errors" are found, mostly from the South America file.

Hi Desmond31, thanks for the note. Are you getting the errors when you unzip/unpack the file, or when you put them into the game? I retested the zip file by unzipping it and putting it in the game, and didn't get any error messages, but I'm on a mac and maybe the zip programs are different. It may also be an upload/download issue, since there are 4,996 little graphics images. I will DL the file myself to see if I get the error messages, but if you could let me know what they are, or where they are, that would be great. Dunno if others have had similar issues yet.

Really nice looking these, not sure if this has been asked before but if and when the new adboards release from tv_capper is released will this be invalid or updated with that pack?

Hey Mufckingud7, unfortunately the game can only read off of one xml file, so I don't know if it's compatible. You could use one xml file and see how much overlap there is between the graphics folders; when I first started this mod last year, I was a little uncertain of my xml coding and just wrote over some of the existing tv_capper club xml code, swapping out team names etc. Now that I've gotten more used to xml, I've created much more new code for this year's edition that probably won't be in the tv_capper file whenever they release a new version (my file is now 1.2MB, while the tv_capper is 900kb). Basically, some of my code and their code will be telling the game to find the graphics in the same spots, but much will be at odds, and our graphics will of course be different.

Basically it'd be just trial-and-error to see what will work.

Hi Desmond31, thanks for the note. Are you getting the errors when you unzip/unpack the file, or when you put them into the game? I retested the zip file by unzipping it and putting it in the game, and didn't get any error messages, but I'm on a mac and maybe the zip programs are different. It may also be an upload/download issue, since there are 4,996 little graphics images. I will DL the file myself to see if I get the error messages, but if you could let me know what they are, or where they are, that would be great. Dunno if others have had similar issues yet.

I got the message whilst unzipping the file. Like I mentioned, 80 of them were situated within the South America folder and 4 were from a German team (something to do with the file name being too long !)

I got the message whilst unzipping the file. Like I mentioned, 80 of them were situated within the South America folder and 4 were from a German team (something to do with the file name being too long !)

Thanks Desmond. I downloaded the file and unzipped it, and didn't get an error, so who knows. Hopefully it won't interfere with the game; I tried it on my South American test saves and things played well. It could be some leftover thumbnail images that were in the Brazilian league folders; they shouldn't cause an issue in-game, but maybe your zip program doesn't know what they are.

The German one could be Darmstadt and RBL; I just realized I left in a few original images in their folders, some of which have long titles. You can delete those if you're worried (they're the ones NOT labelled 1-9, of course).

Thx again; keep me posted if anything comes up.

Some tips….

If you are playing with a particular team and would like to insert your own graphics into this mod, follow these instructions….

A. If the team already has banners in the game, just look through the graphics/pictures/ads folder to find the team folder. Ads are arranged by continent, then country, then clubs. (Europe/france/clubs/monaco, or Europe/england/clubs/arsenal, or South America/argentina/clubs/boca, for instance). Then browse through the png files of images and replace an existing image with your own, making sure to give it the same name. Files should be 1024x128, or at least a very long rectangle. Then go into Preferences, clear cache, reload skin, and you should see the image. Please make sure to not do this while you are watching a match; FM15 will store the same images if you are in the middle of watching a game, so you need to exit the 3D match engine and return to it to allow it to reload the new images you’ve just added.

B. FOR EXPERTS ONLY: If the team DOES NOT have any banners in the game, you will need to open up the xml file and create a new line of code to add your team. A simple way to do this is to browse through the xml file, find a team that you have no use for, and simply replace it with your team. For instance, say you are playing in Holland as Sparta Rotterdam, and know you will never play in the Brazilian league. You could look for Corinthians in the xml file, which is arranged in two sections, the first of which tells the game how to link image #’s with club ID’s, the second of which tells the game where to find the actual images in the graphics/pictures/ads folder. Finding Corinthians in the first part, you’ll see it above a line called “list id=319,’ which is that team’s Club ID. Simply replace that ID# with that of Sparta Rotterdams’, which is 1039. It also lists about 14 numbers repeated for 45 lines total; this is the ID of the ads that will go around the stadium in 45 sections. Next, you’ll find Corinthians in the second section of the xml file, as a long string of 14 lines, one for each of the ad ID’s, telling the game where to find the ads: in this case, “pictures/ads/south america/brazil/clubs/corinthians.” Simply rephrase each line as “pictures/ads/europe/the netherlands/clubs/sparta rotterdam (or whatever the destination). Then save the file (in an xml text creator, of course), and then create an actual ‘sparta rotterdam’ folder with 14 of your favorite sparta rotterdam images, making sure to name them as whatever they were named in the xml file (usually they are just numbered, for simplicity’s sake). Place that folder, of course, in the same place you said it would be. Make sure to avoid capitalized letters; the game will not read those, for some reason. Then restart the game accordingly, and you should then see the results in action.

Thank you, and Enjoy

I've installed the pack and it's marvellous. Only thing is I'm a lower league manager so rarely see them. Can I follow this procedure with my lower league side - attendences c 150 in a near-deserted stadium?

Second point - I've got your banners with the default SI adboards. Can I install last year's adboards in FM15?

I get the same. Looks like it has to do with Darmstadt in Germany and Libertad in South America. This is when i open in WinRAR. Using WinZip, the file will not open up at all - like its corrupt (see last screenshot).

52kh35.jpg

350t1k5.jpg

I get the same. Looks like it has to do with Darmstadt in Germany and Libertad in South America. This is when i open in WinRAR. Using WinZip, the file will not open up at all - like its corrupt (see last screenshot).

thanks dahlgren. i'm at work now but will look at the libertad folder when i get home. judging from your screengrab it seems like the "/" at the end of the file names is "\", so i wonder if that's causing a problem. i identified the darmstadt problem; just a sample image i had left in there accidently that had a long file name. If it's an issue for people I will create a new zip file with those things removed and re-upload accordingly; it looks like the game itself ignores it, fortunately, and only comes up when using particular unzipping programs. i used stuffit and another mac program, for instance, and it worked fine with no error messages.

thanks again for posting the error file.

UPDATE Got home and took a look. Had to create a Paraguayan league in order to play with Libertad. Was going crazy trying to figure out why their banners weren't appearing, until I finally noticed THAT THERE WAS AN EXTRA SPACE AT THE END OF THE FILE NAME. Aaargh. Very simple to fix, but almost impossible to catch, as that extra space doesn't appear unless you click on the name.

I've fixed that now and their banners are appearing, and that was probably the cause of the unzipping errors on WinZip. Also took out the offending Darmstadt image with the long name. In the next day or so I'll upload a new zip file, which will also include all of Portuguese first division and all of the Dutch Eredivisie. To everyone who's already downloaded the file, or who wants to now, there's no need to re-download or wait unless you want those leagues, or are playing with either Darmstadt or Libertad, or are getting the unzipping errors. The current file seems to work otherwise. Dahlgren and desmond, thx for catching the unzipping issues. Just give me a day or two to add those two leagues in and I'll have an update up as soon as possible.

I've installed the pack and it's marvellous. Only thing is I'm a lower league manager so rarely see them. Can I follow this procedure with my lower league side - attendences c 150 in a near-deserted stadium?

Second point - I've got your banners with the default SI adboards. Can I install last year's adboards in FM15?

Hey Phnonpenhandy -

1. As long as your lower league sides show those default SI banners, then they can be replaced with mine or whatever you want to add. I think it's not the attendance or the stadium that matters, but the size of the pitch, and that doesn't change too much no matter the leagues due to regulations. they should have a certain # of banners around the pitch. Let me know, though, it's a good question.

2. In my next update I'll be creating a second 'default' banner folder, which will have either last year's adboards or some new generic ones that I've found on other sites (the usual corporate behemoths). People can then choose which they prefer for the default ads. (You can also just uselast year's default adboards, but I think there are a couple of name changes this year due to different FM15 sponsors like Movember and Prostate Cancer UK). Either way, I'll have an update up by Wednesday, along with some fixes and new full league additions for Portugal and Holland. Thanks.

Hey Phnonpenhandy -

1. As long as your lower league sides show those default SI banners, then they can be replaced with mine or whatever you want to add. I think it's not the attendance or the stadium that matters, but the size of the pitch, and that doesn't change too much no matter the leagues due to regulations. they should have a certain # of banners around the pitch. Let me know, though, it's a good question.

2. In my next update I'll be creating a second 'default' banner folder, which will have either last year's adboards or some new generic ones that I've found on other sites (the usual corporate behemoths). People can then choose which they prefer for the default ads. (You can also just uselast year's default adboards, but I think there are a couple of name changes this year due to different FM15 sponsors like Movember and Prostate Cancer UK). Either way, I'll have an update up by Wednesday, along with some fixes and new full league additions for Portugal and Holland. Thanks.

That's fantastic. I'll wait until your update and then have a go at fiddling with my Level 9 club :thup:

Hi All -

See above for update news. New version now available!

Changelog:

v.15_2

Fixed naming error that was causing WINRAR to fail when opening zip file

Scottish Premier League added

Portuguese Premier Division aka Zona Sagres added almost fully

Dutch Eredivisie added almost fully

Liga Adelante added almost fully

Ligue 2 (France) added almost fully

Updates/improvements for various German and Spain clubs

More league & cup adboards added (see updated original post for examples)

New Default_corporate_adboards folder added for those who wish to switch out SI adboards with more realistic adboards.

DEFAULT CORPORATE ADBOARDS FOLDER: For those who wish to replace generic SI adboard folder with more realistic corporate adboards! To use, simply remove “default” ads folder and rename “default_corporate_ads” folder as “default.” please save original default folder in case you would like to want to switch it back in. This ‘default_corporate_ads” folder is for those who play in leagues or with clubs not covered in this pack, who still wish to see more realistic adboards.

Got to say again, this is great work. Many thanks strangerthankindness.

A couple of quick questions

- what are the rules in terms of how many different banners you can have for each stadium?

I've made a few for Anfield and want to mix it up a bit between corporate stuff and fan stuff. Can I have more than 15?

- my game runs in 1280x768, 29Hz set to low graphic quality as my graphics card isn't that great. Some of the banners look a little blurred and low-res when viewed on the more elevated match cams despite me trying to get their res as close as possible to 1024x128 . Do you have any tips to use when making the banners to get them as crisp as possible (as in your images above)?

I am confused. In DazS8 graphics groups there's a version with over 9000 files, a lot more countries and it's nearly twice the size of this pack (~890MB vs ~480MB). It says you are the author too so what am I missing here? :o

Hi Jusander - Haven't seen DazS8's group so I don't know about that upload; is that here or on another site? I assume maybe he took mine and added onto it with some of his own work? Or he may have used the sortitoutsi's league pack and added in all the leagues that I wasn't able to cover? He may be able to chime in to help you out.

Got to say again, this is great work. Many thanks strangerthankindness.

A couple of quick questions

- what are the rules in terms of how many different banners you can have for each stadium?

I've made a few for Anfield and want to mix it up a bit between corporate stuff and fan stuff. Can I have more than 15?

Yea, I've seen stadium/clubs with up to 18, but haven't seen more than that. However, it's 45 or 46 (can't remember right now) banner "spaces" total across the whole stadium, so you could have that many distinct images if you want. You could use 23, for instance, and each would be repeated twice.

If you open up the xml doc and look under Liverpool, the first list is all the "integer values," which for liverpool are from 3609-3623. those 15 lines/numbers are repeated 2-3 times, up to 45/46 lines total which represent each banner "space" along the stadium. they link to the 15 ad images in the next liverpool section, which begins "<record id="3609" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_1"/>, then 3610 for liverpool_add_2, 3611 for liverpool_add_3, etc etc. these correspond to the images in the Liverpool graphics folder, of course.

So to add more than 15 images you'll need to create new "integer value" numbers. you wouldn't be able to use the ones after 3623, though, as they are probably being used by another club; instead you'll need to invent new numbers, say 362401, 362402, 362403, 362404, for instance. You'd then insert those into the integer values list, but do that by replacing some of the repeated 3609-3623 lines.

You'd now have a first section that could read....

<!-- Liverpool, benno -->

<list id="676">

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

<integer value="3615"/>

<integer value="3616"/>

<integer value="3617"/>

<integer value="3618"/>

<integer value="3619"/>

<integer value="3620"/>

<integer value="3621"/>

<integer value="3622"/>

<integer value="3623"/>

<integer value="362401"/>

<integer value="362402"/>

<integer value="362403"/>

<integer value="362404"/>

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

<integer value="3615"/>

<integer value="3616"/>

<integer value="3617"/>

<integer value="3618"/>

<integer value="3619"/>

<integer value="3620"/>

<integer value="3621"/>

<integer value="3622"/>

<integer value="3623"/>

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

(I think that's 45 lines, but lost track). Next, you'd go down to the next section and create lines that would read

<record id="362401" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_16"/>

<record id="362402" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_17"/>

etc etc. Finally, you'd add your new images to your graphics folder, restart the game, and it should work. (Again, you'll need to shut down and restart the game itself, as it's only when the game is started up that it reads the Ads xml folder, I believe).

- my game runs in 1280x768, 29Hz set to low graphic quality as my graphics card isn't that great. Some of the banners look a little blurred and low-res when viewed on the more elevated match cams despite me trying to get their res as close as possible to 1024x128 . Do you have any tips to use when making the banners to get them as crisp as possible (as in your images above)?

Yea, I tried to go through and improve many of the banner graphics, but some may still be a bit lower quality or wrongly sized. They wind up being blurry if they are scrunched up too much b/c they're not 1024x128. It turned out that some of the lower-sized images, though, looked just as good as bigger ones; something that is 14kb was just as good as a 220kb image, oddly. I do think it is the 1024x128 size that helps; even a 1400x128 size winds up creating a scrunched-up, blurry image. Finally, some of the camera angles, like Elevated, will give you fuzzy images no matter what, especially if you're using a lower graphics setting. I think there's just so much going on in the Elevated camera frame.

Hope that is useful.

I wish Italian Serie B and Italian Lega Pro....

PS: there is a guide in order to make some banners?

Hi van helmut -

thanks for your feedback. I was able to get in about 2/3rds of Serie B, but definitely won't be able to get to Lega Pro right now.

For guides, you can take a look at my 2nd post, which gives a generic intro to updating the file and adding in new banners. You can also look at a post I created for last year's pack, here....

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/385308-FM-14-Released-Custom-match-engine-supporters-flags-and-club-logos-for-individual-stadiums?p=9491307&viewfull=1#post9491307

which gives more indepth details on how to change images or add teams. For instance, you could just change the ads for teams/leagues you may never play, like MLS or Poland or something, to those of Italian Lega Pro, just by switching out the ClubID's for one and adding in what you'd like, then changing the graphics path as well. Also see my most recent post (#32) for further details. Thank you.

Hi Jusander - Haven't seen DazS8's group so I don't know about that upload; is that here or on another site? I assume maybe he took mine and added onto it with some of his own work? Or he may have used the sortitoutsi's league pack and added in all the leagues that I wasn't able to cover? He may be able to chime in to help you out.

Yea, I've seen stadium/clubs with up to 18, but haven't seen more than that. However, it's 45 or 46 (can't remember right now) banner "spaces" total across the whole stadium, so you could have that many distinct images if you want. You could use 23, for instance, and each would be repeated twice.

If you open up the xml doc and look under Liverpool, the first list is all the "integer values," which for liverpool are from 3609-3623. those 15 lines/numbers are repeated 2-3 times, up to 45/46 lines total which represent each banner "space" along the stadium. they link to the 15 ad images in the next liverpool section, which begins "<record id="3609" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_1"/>, then 3610 for liverpool_add_2, 3611 for liverpool_add_3, etc etc. these correspond to the images in the Liverpool graphics folder, of course.

So to add more than 15 images you'll need to create new "integer value" numbers. you wouldn't be able to use the ones after 3623, though, as they are probably being used by another club; instead you'll need to invent new numbers, say 362401, 362402, 362403, 362404, for instance. You'd then insert those into the integer values list, but do that by replacing some of the repeated 3609-3623 lines.

You'd now have a first section that could read....

<!-- Liverpool, benno -->

<list id="676">

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

<integer value="3615"/>

<integer value="3616"/>

<integer value="3617"/>

<integer value="3618"/>

<integer value="3619"/>

<integer value="3620"/>

<integer value="3621"/>

<integer value="3622"/>

<integer value="3623"/>

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

<integer value="3615"/>

<integer value="3616"/>

<integer value="3617"/>

<integer value="3618"/>

<integer value="3619"/>

<integer value="3620"/>

<integer value="3621"/>

<integer value="3622"/>

<integer value="3623"/>

<integer value="3609"/>

<integer value="3610"/>

<integer value="3611"/>

<integer value="3612"/>

<integer value="3613"/>

<integer value="3614"/>

(I think that's 45 lines, but lost track). Next, you'd go down to the next section and create lines that would read

<record id="362401" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_16"/>

<record id="362402" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/liverpool/liverpool_add_17"/>

etc etc. Finally, you'd add your new images to your graphics folder, restart the game, and it should work. (Again, you'll need to shut down and restart the game itself, as it's only when the game is started up that it reads the Ads xml folder, I believe).

Yea, I tried to go through and improve many of the banner graphics, but some may still be a bit lower quality or wrongly sized. They wind up being blurry if they are scrunched up too much b/c they're not 1024x128. It turned out that some of the lower-sized images, though, looked just as good as bigger ones; something that is 14kb was just as good as a 220kb image, oddly. I do think it is the 1024x128 size that helps; even a 1400x128 size winds up creating a scrunched-up, blurry image. Finally, some of the camera angles, like Elevated, will give you fuzzy images no matter what, especially if you're using a lower graphics setting. I think there's just so much going on in the Elevated camera frame.

Hope that is useful.

Wow, that is extremely useful and helpful, thank you so much. It will take me a little time to get my head around it all and I'll let you know how I get on.:thup:

Excellent!

I wanna make some DIY myself, and I found a block in the 'fm.xml',

<!-- this is the list of charity ad cells only -->

<list id="char">

</list>

I don't very understand what it means 'charity ad cells'.

Mate, could you please give some explain?

:)

I've noticed that you've included some real sponsor banners there too, but I'm not seeing any of them. I'd love it if there would be real sponsor ads visible as well as the club banners. I'm playing as RB Leipzig and right now my entire stadium is filled with couple type of RB Leipzig banners without any real ads visible. Quite unrealistic I would say.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized that that's the whole purpose of this pack. Sorry for my stupidity :3

• 2 weeks later...

Great Work ! Amazing !!!

Question: I "want" to use this Patch: " FM 2015 Ad Board Patch "

http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/14269/fm-2015-ad-board-patch?page=2#comment_233683

In "your" Info Text, i can read some Lines with Adboards.

So, is "your" Patch compatible with this Adboards Patch ?

Because the Banners, Flags ...are very cool and realistic...

So it would be amazing, if it is possible to use this Patch for real Adboards AND your Patch for the Banners, Flags...

Well, thanks to strangerthankindness' fantastic work and him basically spoon-feeding me the code to mod his work I have managed to up the board count at Anfield to 45 individually different boards.

Some of them are a little blurry and still a work in progress. Others are (in a move redolent of startling nerdiness) specific to my game world (CAFULANAGAN, There's only one Adam Phillips etc...) but they do add to the suspension of disbelief and general game immersion.

LiverpoolvCrystalPalace_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvLeicester_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvOlympiacos_PitchFull-3.png

Thanks again to strangerthankindness, mods like this really take the game to another level.

That looks quality Mike. Like you said adds to game immersion. Any chance of uploading to Steam Workshop if that is possible?

Thanks very much. I'd be more than happy to upload to the Steam Workshop (if I can work out how to!!) but I don't want to step on the OP's toes. I'd have to get the ok from strangerthankindness first as this is just a mod for his pack - hope he checks back in.

Hey everyone, Happy (late) New Year!! Apologies, I was away from the board for a bit due to the holidays and even playing the game (shocking!) Spent so much time in Nov and Dec working on this mod that I didn't have time to play it, so it was good to actually get around to enjoying the stupid thing.

Thanks very much. I'd be more than happy to upload to the Steam Workshop (if I can work out how to!!) but I don't want to step on the OP's toes. I'd have to get the ok from strangerthankindness first as this is just a mod for his pack - hope he checks back in.

Good job on the Liverpool mod. Nice to know the game will actually take 45 separate images! I haven't really used the steam workshop and it may be too much if you posted the whole banner pack to it, just because you'd suddenly have to deal with a lot of queries/comments/suggestions. I haven't put my mod there because I'm a little leery of the huge amount of traffic that steam gets, and how many more questions/how to's/etc that it'd be getting; I just don't know if I'd have the time to field all those questions.

One thing you could do is just post up your Liverpool graphics folder and the new ads xml.file with your new Liverpool code, either on the workshop or on mediafire (which is what I used, and seems to work okay); that way people could just grab that if they were interested? All they would need to do is replace the original xml file with your own, and then replace my original liverpool folder with your new one. Either way thanks for asking, and good luck! Warning: once you start with one, it's kind of hard to stop, lol.

nice work, mate, thanks. just a question: will u add ads for international continental champs, Like Eurocup and Copa America?

I actually do have folders in there for European Champions Cup and even Copa America, with images. They only appear with teams in the competitions that don't have their own individual team folders, though. You can browse through the folders (under europe/competitions or south america/competitions, for instance) to see what's there.

Finally, to SpiderJu and his question about using this with tv_capper's FM15 adboard patch, it is and is not compatible. I started this project last year using much of the code found in his fm14 adboard patch, but changed some of it up a bit. however, I added a lot of new xml code both for fm14 and especially for fm15; i'm sure he's also added a lot for his new fm15 patch. As a result, we may have used some of the same coding numbers for different new teams or competitions, so it may now conflict. Also of course, I use completely different images, with banners (mainly) instead of more realistic ads. You can always just download both and see what you prefer, or even swap some of my graphics images into his folders, or vice versa, to combine, although that may take some trial-and-error testing as you figure out what is compatible and what is not.

Thanks everyone. Glad to see that people are enjoying it. Now I'm off to try to actually play this game, ha ha.

Good job on the Liverpool mod. Nice to know the game will actually take 45 separate images! I haven't really used the steam workshop and it may be too much if you posted the whole banner pack to it, just because you'd suddenly have to deal with a lot of queries/comments/suggestions. I haven't put my mod there because I'm a little leery of the huge amount of traffic that steam gets, and how many more questions/how to's/etc that it'd be getting; I just don't know if I'd have the time to field all those questions.

One thing you could do is just post up your Liverpool graphics folder and the new ads xml.file with your new Liverpool code, either on the workshop or on mediafire (which is what I used, and seems to work okay); that way people could just grab that if they were interested? All they would need to do is replace the original xml file with your own, and then replace my original liverpool folder with your new one. Either way thanks for asking, and good luck! Warning: once you start with one, it's kind of hard to stop, lol.

That sounds like some very good advice. I'd be way out of my depth in a deluge of questions. I think I might have been unclear about my intentions. I haven't really ventured into the Steam Workshop either and I certainly didn't intend to upload any of your pack as I naively assumed it was already there!:o and that the Liverpool stuff could go up as an add-on/mod. Your Mediafire suggestion seems the best way to go. I'll get on the case and get back to you.

Thanks again for all your help and enjoy some game time!

Well, thanks to strangerthankindness' fantastic work and him basically spoon-feeding me the code to mod his work I have managed to up the board count at Anfield to 45 individually different boards.

Some of them are a little blurry and still a work in progress. Others are (in a move redolent of startling nerdiness) specific to my game world (CAFULANAGAN, There's only one Adam Phillips etc...) but they do add to the suspension of disbelief and general game immersion.

LiverpoolvCrystalPalace_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvLeicester_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvOlympiacos_PitchFull-3.png

Thanks again to strangerthankindness, mods like this really take the game to another level.

UPDATE:- If any Liverpool fans are interested you can download my mod here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4ciwednv6l9cl3/Anfield_banner_mod.rar

In order to have Anfield display the 45 individual ad boards/banners in this mod:-

1. install strangerthankindness' pack, following his instructions, (you probably already have)

2. backup his config file in the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015 folder/ads and then replace his it with my one

3. backup his liverpool file in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/graphics/pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs and then replace it with my one

4. Restart FM15 entirely

4. Go to Preferences/Interface screen in game and click on Clear Cache, and then Reload Skin

5. Anfield should now have 45 different ads/banners

As I've said before, a couple of them mention players that feature highly in my game world (Flanagan/Tielemans?Adam Philips). If you want to change them then you could replace them in the manner suggested by strangerthankindness above in post 2 with another file in the mod, ones from his original liverpool file that you have backed up or ones of your own.

Thanks again to strangerthankindness for his original work and patient help.:thup:star!

PS - hope it works properly!

Archived