Attribute Masking

Simple question - when attribute masking is turned on, then there are some players that I need to scout before I can see all stats, and therefore, it takes a little bit of time before a transfer bid can be made, because obviously I need to be informed fully before buying. My question is - does attribute masking apply to the AI as well? Do they need to spend a few weeks scouting, or would they just make an immediate bid if they need the player? Does the AI know all the attributes of the player straight away - if they do, they are at an advantage because they can bid quicker?

So if the AI needs a striker, they wouldn't simply be able to make a bid for a player without scouting them first, unless they already know about them. So if I find a hidden gem in a random country, and start scouting, the AI shouldn't come in and bid as soon as I do? That seems to be happening all the time!

I don't think AI managers pay much attention to attributes at all. It buys on reputation, and/or possibly on star ratings. Any way, human managers have a huge advantage over the AI when it comes to finding the right player for the team.

• 2 years later...

Archived