Slow Online Gameplay

Are more people having trouble with the speed on online games? The speed and responsiveness of the host are good, But the people joining the game have trouble. The main problem is the loading when for ex. opening a player profile or switching between different menu's.

Anybody has an idea how to improve that? Both Pc's are running at 4/5 star speeds. The problem does not get better when selecting even only 1 competition and small database. I had some simmilar problems with FM14, but at FM 15 it is so bad that the game becomes pretty much unplayable.

We use no custom database or anything like that. I do have some kit- and logopacks installed. But this was never a problem in earlier versions.

MODS/ADMINS:

I already posted this on the technical issue forum, but I don't get an awnser over there, so please leave this topic over here for a while.

First off all your party should be using hamachi. It definitely helps for network games of FM vs not using it. We play network games every year and can't play over internet without it

Secondly I believe skin's, logo packs etc... do impact network performance somehow. We had a 9 season game last year. I hosted. Game ran smooth for 5 seasons. I changed from default skin to a community skin and the game started having issues like you described. Went back to stock and game ran smoothly again for the most part for another 4 seasons.

Network feature is good as is but really hoping SI go town on performance and optimisations one year to make it robust and excellent. Hamachi is essential.

• 2 months later...
First off all your party should be using hamachi. It definitely helps for network games of FM vs not using it. We play network games every year and can't play over internet without it

Secondly I believe skin's, logo packs etc... do impact network performance somehow. We had a 9 season game last year. I hosted. Game ran smooth for 5 seasons. I changed from default skin to a community skin and the game started having issues like you described. Went back to stock and game ran smoothly again for the most part for another 4 seasons.

Network feature is good as is but really hoping SI go town on performance and optimisations one year to make it robust and excellent. Hamachi is essential.

how do i start a online game with hamachi ? can you send me a guide? or explain me here

Disappointed to hear that people find they have to use Hamachi for this, I thought those days were long gone. I've just finished a three year FM12 network game and we're starting a new FM15 one this evening, the '12 one ran without problems. Will keep an eye on this thread before we kick off...

Archived