Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Guest El Payaso

The engine now pays much more attention to other details like overall match fitness, morale, team chemistry etc etc. No longer is it a game of picking the best team and winning every week. Well for most of us anyway.

Fair points from you, appreciate it. This is what I like the most in the current engine. For example my Oviedo team: not super stars for the La Liga, quite far from that. In previous versions I would have have to throw players like Néstor Susaeta and Diego Cervero into smaller playing roles to be succesful but what I'm seeing now is the benefit of my squad building: I have basically kept the same frame of players since the beginning and it is paying of heavily. There are always 2-3 players per season that I will have to replace to progress (players retiring and some not that important players reaching their full potential) but the basic frame is the same. My team seems like bunch of good players playing together and in long run we benefit a lot as we don't have bad runs of form. This has made the current save game one of the most enjoyable for me.

If SI make the engine quite a bit 'tightened up' in the future and make it kinda like more defensive one then I can easily say that the current version is the best version of Football manager for me. Currently the midfield just isn't tight enough and like I said: the chances are created quite 'cheaply' and there certainly are too many of them in most of the games.

Tactical side of this game is something I personally don't like as I watch lots of these Youtube-videos where people play games with key highlights and spend so little time in tactics and seem to be just guessing things instead of thinking tactically and still overachieve a lot. For me it's gone too simplified in recent years but hopefully there will be some quite a big additions to this in the future. Tweaking is great and a thing that I am willing to do. Those who don't: play the classic version. That is how it should be IMO. And I'm not saying that sliders are the way...

Generally the difficulty level should be higher in the future and this should be raised by making the AI better and more of a challenge in the transfer market and making the tactics more versatile.

May I ask if the soak tests for the new hotfix have shown a higher goal per match average than before? In my Serie A the average seems to be have increased again from 2.5 before the hotfix to 3.0. I hope this is just a fluke...

May I ask if the soak tests for the new hotfix have shown a higher goal per match average than before? In my Serie A the average seems to be have increased again from 2.5 before the hotfix to 3.0. I hope this is just a fluke...

Nothing wrong in Brazil as far as I can see :) will ask on Monday when people who know are around.

If we could just take FM 14, put tactics from FM 13 and database from FM 15 in it I would be so happy.

Yeh, but what about the rest of us? ;)

FM has always been so, absolute realism in that respect would make many matches exceedingly dull (real life is the best example you can give)

I wish they would make chances created religiously accurate and allow the users who want slapstick football to create it via their tactics.

NV9n75x.png

Pretty realistic score for a cup final eh :lol:?

Started a new Serie A save after the hotfix, generally seeing too much goals per game.

SVcbLZnl.png

What are the Serie A scores looking like when they aren't skewed by human players using attacking tactics which skew the overall numbers?

Nothing wrong in Brazil as far as I can see :) will ask on Monday when people who know are around.

Thanks! What's your goal per match average in Brazil by the way?

Have played Real Sociedad 3 times since the hotfix. Champions League semi 4-4, return tie 6-4, group stage 5-5. The next game might be equally fun.

What are the Serie A scores looking like when they aren't skewed by human players using attacking tactics which skew the overall numbers?

I'm not seing that many high scoring games, actually almost none. It's just the general number of goals that has increased, as it seems. However, I would have bet that SI took very much care during the hotfix creation that the changes to the match engine are balanced and don't change the nearly perfect number of goals that was reached before. After all that was the number one complaint before crosses came up :)

Thanks! What's your goal per match average in Brazil by the way?

Across all 3 divisions for the last season it's averaged 3.6 goals per match, Division 3 is the highest at 3.8

Guest El Payaso
FM has always been so, absolute realism in that respect would make many matches exceedingly dull (real life is the best example you can give)

I wish they would make chances created religiously accurate and allow the users who want slapstick football to create it via their tactics.

But it's been better in some versions. Logical type of goals. Especially FM 09 was fantastic in this aspect. Really enjoyed it back then, especially my careers with Finnish and Mexico national teams. With Finland we conceded and created logical type of goals and with Mexico it was quite a bit different... Realism isn't really the thing that I would suggest, more like balance between attack and defence. Like you said: many football matches are boring and it would certainly make viewing the games in FM too boring. It just doesn't feel rewarding for me to score and concede from magnificent individual efforts where one player just decides that it is time to score now or from illogical build-ups. In older versions I remember being happy when I managed to create a style of play that created me scoring chances and even happier when started to score goals. Now it happens more automatically and maybe even too easy?

The tactical side... I know that it is more than enough for most of the users but once again we come to this 'being rewarding' thing. You see people who know nothing about tactical side of football being heavily succesful and I'm also being succesful with the tactic that I created at the start of first season and used maybe one or two minutes to create it and there really isn't need or options for me to tweak it as the tweaking I would like to do is unavailable (movement as a team and passing patterns). Maybe that 'giant killer'-tactic will give me some work to do other than just watching the games. :)

Nice to see the English players are as hilariously overrated as ever, European Championship winners and World Cup Semi's. Every youngster the next Pele or Cruyff. Tone it down lads eh?

Nice to see the English players are as hilariously overrated as ever, European Championship winners and World Cup Semi's. Every youngster the next Pele or Cruyff. Tone it down lads eh?
That doesn't always happen & I think there was a thread a few months ago that showed that to be case.

My test save has reached 2039 & so far England's only success was Euro 2034 which they hosted, other than that it's been the usual tale of a few quarter-finals & a semi-final.

They really aren't, barely any decent English regens on my save, most are Brazilian.

Twice World Cup and twice European Championship winners on my save. Seems about right, not our fault we're the best nation there is :)

I would not say they were that high, I started this season after the update and it is really enjoyable.

My season so far ..... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277502648569/802952F38339D2CBCA3FE9E1CDDE1F217592B78C/

Just don't mention my 5-1 drubbing from Roma.... :(

My poacher is certainly not complaining http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277502758270/1FE17C05A9F0572772AF8705701E237A39E2B54C/

:D

When making subs by dragging one player from the bench to replace a starting 11, it always drags/lags for a couple seconds.

Im only in 2nd season, 10 leagues open with top of range laptop.

I play full screen 1920x 1080 60 .00 HZ

Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

This seems way off compared to real life statistics, though? http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=brazil3 2.26 per match (brazilians actually don't seem to score much at all) for group A in Division 3

It's only one season so statistically not really valid and as it's 4 seasons in I'll settle for it being my influence on Brazilian football. :D

But it's been better in some versions. :)

I disagree, the number of chances might have been closer to reality in some versions of FM but in every other respect this version is superior i.e. the way the scores are created.

I suspect there'll be no changes which will directly affect it now as it's very close to FM's norm.

Not seen one saved.

Same comment popped up in an earlier thread, where the vast majority of posters confirmed that it's a breath of fresh air compared to FM14. I had a penalty shoot out last night with two saves and two complete misses. I've seen plenty of penalties not go in for one reason or another.

I have seen 2 missed, 1 hit the bar and then was cleared, another got saved and the striker followed it up with a goal.

That is from about 15 penalties.

Player interaction still a complete mess.

I tell Nastasic we'll win the CL to stop him leaving. In March we go out of the competition. The next day the whole squad revolts at my treatment of him and demand I sell him. I can't sell him in March and having my whole squad pissed off and my board demanding I sort the situation out is an absolute joke. Sort it out SI.

It seems the new hotfix increased the chances of high scoring games again. I am seeing 6-4, 6-5 a little to often now, compared to 15.1.3.

It seems another update is needed...

It seems the new hotfix increased the chances of high scoring games again. I am seeing 6-4, 6-5 a little to often now, compared to 15.1.3.

And i mean i a fully tested and balanced update, please take your time to fully improve the ME with a major update. Game is playable now, although with a bit too many goals for my liking.

How much of that is due to your tactics though?

I've played three home games since the update winning 4-0, 3-1 & 2-0.

And i mean i a fully tested and balanced update, please take your time to fully improve the ME with a major update. Game is playable now, although with a bit too many goals for my liking.

All updates are tested. Rolling out an update is not as easy as you allude to.

If you have specific examples, upload the PKMS

Not my tactics, it's AI vs AI that worries me. Maybe the AI managers are too attacking?

This is the key. Human managers create (unknowingly maybe sometimes) super attacking tactics, and start getting those unrealistic scores. I played half a season, with many leagues loaded, and I've not seen a league with cricket scores.

To counter example some people with ultra-high scores, the total goals per game in my matches is less than 2.0 at the moment, since I am playing with a defensive tactic.

Goals per game is spot on in this ME.

My assistant manager Patrick Vieira has won French Manager of the Year 2 years running, managing just 8 games for me last year, 17 this year. Never even noticed it last season. Should assistant managers be able to win that award? :D

Same comment popped up in an earlier thread, where the vast majority of posters confirmed that it's a breath of fresh air compared to FM14. I had a penalty shoot out last night with two saves and two complete misses. I've seen plenty of penalties not go in for one reason or another.

Agreed, my team alone has probably missed more than I've seen in my total playing time of FM 14... Then again, as 1/4 of all penalties are missed in real life, so there's still not enough in FM, but I do also know that there are too little penalties awarded overall. I suppose it's hard to balance the amount of penalties awarded, so that's why SI chose to increase the conversion rate, otherwise a scored penalty would happen only once in like 10 matches. But as I said, already much better than in FM 14 in my opinion

After a bit of testing with the patch, it does indeed look like there is a definite improvement in terms of defending against wide players, and against crosses as well. Seems fair to ask now for a buff in conversion rates for top strikers when the few good crosses reach them? My big target man striker can't get a goal from a header to save his life (has scored 15+ goals for 3 consecutive seasons, not a single one from a header, and that is not from lack of trying, or bad stats), and the very best strikers regularly miss tap ins from whipped crosses by putting the ball straight to the goalkeeper. Doesn't seem to affect just me either, the opposing teams seem to suffer from the same malady, curious to see players like Benzema, Ronaldo, Diego Costa, etc consistently miss these chances.

Underhit passes seem to still be an issue. But not a huge deal. Then there is throw ins in the final third that are chucked into an area with no teammates, in spite of an instruction to throw short and retain possession?

Then there is throw ins in the final third that are chucked into an area with no teammates, in spite of an instruction to throw short and retain possession?

Could do with a bug report and pkm for that if possible.

Has anyone else noticed the 'Making tactical changes...' bar flash up at the bottom of the screen during games several times even though no changes are being made?

Also the bar at the top greys out, this never happened previously.

Bug surely?

This has been reported and is a known issue. :thup:
Is this a particular issue for Macs? Asking because I use one and this is the only mention of the issue I've seen on this thread, whereas I had expected more complaints. Makes the match experience pretty rotten for me. Happens several times in a row, multiple times a game. Probably 25 instances during a match, in all.

Played a bit more and unfortunately i have to agree: Way too many goals. :-(

I don't get it. I'm playing the same game, and seeing plenty of 1-0's, 0-0's and 1-1's. SI's soak stats should have the final say on this.

I don't get it. I'm playing the same game, and seeing plenty of 1-0's, 0-0's and 1-1's. SI's soak stats should have the final say on this.

In what league are you playing? It seems the top leagues are fairly balanced, but if you go down the ladder the balance fails...

Very happy with the game, enjoying it very much but am shocked and angry to find out that i have 4 south american players away with their national team and are missing the champions league final. Absolutely fuming!

since when 'tactics' in real life produce those scores lol

They don't happen IRL because RL managers don't use the overly attacking tactics we see some FM users using.

Maybe because no team in real life uses such tactics? You have to look at AI vs AI matches to reach a conclusion. If the default tactics in the game that AI uses (and there are plenty of those tactics available) are not producing crazy scores, it means it IS your tactics.

They don't happen IRL because RL managers don't use the overly attacking tactics we see some FM users using.

When I compare my games to some of the online games people are playing, I see massive difference in scores. A lot of people enjoy the game more when they see more goals, which is OK. Game allows you to use setups that no RL manager would use, but when you get unrealistic scorelines then, you should not blame the ME for those high scores.

In what league are you playing? It seems the top leagues are fairly balanced, but if you go down the ladder the balance fails...

I have first 2 divisions from most European nations active in my game. For bigger nations I have 3 or 4 divisions active.

I have first 2 divisions from most European nations active in my game. For bigger nations I have 3 or 4 divisions active.

Just looked at Sky Bet League 2 matches. Goals per game is less than 3.0 at the moment, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Edit: It is around 2.6-2.7 actually. Real life stats should be around that value too, as far as I know.