Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

4-2-3-1 wth 2 DLP Defending, one AMC Support and 2 Inside Forwards atttacking, 35 yarders are nothing to do with tactics

No, but 1 clean sheet in 55 is everything to do with tactics :brock:

Your flanks are woefully exposed too, but you already knew that.

26 games played. I've seen one long range shot go in, and no free kick goals.

Must say getting rid of players via the DOF seems pretty poor. Have 3 players on sell or release for 3 months now and I can't give them away! In fm14 it was pretty easy to just let them go. One especially wants to leave and I tried to take it on myself and offered a mutual termination and he got upset and refused. I can't win!!

Also does anyone know how the game calculates loans in second season? Alex Song obviously is with West Ham for the first year and the Club pays 50% of his wages. I want him a second year but Barcelona are now asking for us to pay 100% of his wages,. Noticed this in previous games as well with high profile real life loans being practically impossible to continue into the second season due to very high demands.

4-2-3-1 wth 2 DLP Defending, one AMC Support and 2 Inside Forwards atttacking, 35 yarders are nothing to do with tactics

So, even when you have clear statistical evidence from another player, playing as the same team, that clean sheets are very much possible, you still refuse to accept you're at fault here?

Wow. Just wow.

Last night i was playing Swansea in the league and i got this message

FM_zps43041132.jpg

Just 10mins ago i started the game up again and played Swansea again with the same thing happening.

What should i do?

Report it in the bugs forum!

Must say getting rid of players via the DOF seems pretty poor. Have 3 players on sell or release for 3 months now and I can't give them away! In fm14 it was pretty easy to just let them go. One especially wants to leave and I tried to take it on myself and offered a mutual termination and he got upset and refused. I can't win!!

Also does anyone know how the game calculates loans in second season? Alex Song obviously is with West Ham for the first year and the Club pays 50% of his wages. I want him a second year but Barcelona are now asking for us to pay 100% of his wages,. Noticed this in previous games as well with high profile real life loans being practically impossible to continue into the second season due to very high demands.

Typically they want 100% (or an equivalent monthly fee) for senior players and 50% for youngsters. I was able to get Markovic and Deulofeu at 50% in the 2nd season and renewed for 3rd season.

As for getting rid of players, this can be very hard in the 1st season as few clubs have the available budget or even need to sign anyone.

So, even when you have clear statistical evidence from another player, playing as the same team, that clean sheets are very much possible, you still refuse to accept you're at fault here?

Wow. Just wow.

And.........I'm Southampton. Not Chelsea :)

Typically they want 100% (or an equivalent monthly fee) for senior players and 50% for youngsters. I was able to get Markovic and Deulofeu at 50% in the 2nd season and renewed for 3rd season.

As for getting rid of players, this can be very hard in the 1st season as few clubs have the available budget or even need to sign anyone.

Mmm. Just find it strange that they would up a wage contribution by 50% for the next season, unless that's their way of wanting to keep him. Tried to buy him and was offered him for 7.5 M, but he wanted 250 grand a week wages. He is only on 160 at Barca!!!!!

Yeah, as soon as you start up the save the game takes over. It doesn't remember details of loan deal when negotiating new ones. You could perhaps try to get Barca to pay for some of his wages. I got Sergio Roberto to drop down to half his wages that way (from £47k to £22k). Or you could be patient and sign him for free in the fourth season :)

Or you could find a replacement. I suggest scouting Argentina :D

do SI still do big patches, not sure whether to wait until 15.2 as when i had fm13 i always waited until the 2nd big patch before starting my career, is that no longer the case and now it'll be a series of hotfixes released inbetween

when will be the next big data update, i'm assuming it will be before the jan transfer update or am i wrong?

do SI still do big patches, not sure whether to wait until 15.2 as when i had fm13 i always waited until the 2nd big patch before starting my career, is that no longer the case and now it'll be a series of hotfixes released inbetween

when will be the next big data update, i'm assuming it will be before the jan transfer update or am i wrong?

I doubt there'll be a data update before the Jan window one, other fixes may arrive ad hoc via hot fixes.

26 games played. I've seen one long range shot go in, and no free kick goals.

I played some more matches, and I also watched highlights of 30-40 AI vs AI matches. Guys, this ME is just FANTASTIC in terms of creating different types of goals. It just really depends on your tactics. If you are seeing only the same type of goals scored against you (for example crosses), I am confident that it is because of your tactics.

I also experimented with player roles a bit, and saw that just by changing the roles of a few players, and not even changing the formation or instructions, I am seeing different types of attack build ups leading to different types of chances created. Absolutely brilliant :thup:

I've not really noticed any difference. Still see goalkeepers (and this is infuriating) saving a shot, and then just standing there for a ludicrous amount of time while an opposition player saunters over and pops the ball into the open net.

It's genuinely ridiculous. Was before this patch, and is after too.

Also, can someone give me advice on this -

Playing as Liverpool, Jordan Henderson took a corner which Sakho headed towards goal. The 'keeper was easily beaten, but for some weird reason the ball bounced off the goal line (like 2 yards inside the post) and into the 'keepers hands.

I don't mean the goal line was crowded with defenders; it was a totally open net and the ball CLEARLY bounced off thin air at a right angle, and into the 'keepers hands.

There was no option to record the highlight, but I recorded it on my phone. Is there any way/anywhere I can upload this nonsense for your viewing pleasure?

I want to start with saying that I am loving this latest ME. It is THE BEST ever. Imo no ME before comes even close to this one. I love it so much that I am genuinely surprised that there are some people here still not nearly happy with the product.

This is proof that there is no way for SI to make everybody happy. For example some of the complaints here makes me believe that there are people out there who do not want to see any goals scored from crosses. One of my major complaints in all the previous FM's were the lack of these type of goals, and with the latest ME (I admit that previous ME 15.1.3 had significant issues with this) SI found a perfect balance. If in the next patch the ME will go back close to what it was in FM14 in terms of goals from crosses, they will have a very unhappy customer in me, whereas some other customers will probably like it.

And this brings me to my suggestion. Why can't SI make the patches optional? I, for one, would love to block my game right now from future patches. I am perfectly happy with this ME, and there is a slight chance that next patch will spoil it. Sometimes even little things can spoil the experience (in FM14 for example I couldn't play the game for two reasons, and one of them was the penalty conversion rate being 95%. That bug was not there after the first patch. IT came with the second patch and SI never fixed it because they didn't believe it was a game breaker, but for me it was).

I am sure there are thousands of customers who will like the game more after the Xmas patch, but there will be also thousands who will be pissed because they don't have a chance to revert back to 15.1.4.

I am really interested in hearing SI representatives responses to this suggestion.

The match engine is tremendous this year, pity the other stuff, particularly the player interaction, is still so off.

Watching the ME on FMC is so much crisper and clearer than on the main game too, even though it's the same engine.

I played some more matches, and I also watched highlights of 30-40 AI vs AI matches. Guys, this ME is just FANTASTIC in terms of creating different types of goals. It just really depends on your tactics. If you are seeing only the same type of goals scored against you (for example crosses), I am confident that it is because of your tactics.

I also experimented with player roles a bit, and saw that just by changing the roles of a few players, and not even changing the formation or instructions, I am seeing different types of attack build ups leading to different types of chances created. Absolutely brilliant :thup:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am thoroughly enjoying the ME and game.

I was just mentioning this as people were saying too many long shot goals, etc.

I think that if you play with a high mentality and have few balancing central midfielders, it will naturally result in shooting chances from range opening up. But if like me, you are constantly trying to break down an AI with 10 men in the box, you're not gonna see that many.

I do worry that after 28 games my wingbacks are the main creators in my side with 26 assist. Not all are crosses though, many are cut backs etc. But I strongly suspect that is because I'm heavy favorite for most games and playing against established defenses. Whenever teams come at me, playing through the middle seems just a good an option.

I am really interested in hearing SI representatives responses to this suggestion.

It will be the same as it has been all of the several hundred times it's been suggested before, it isn't practical and it isn't possible to support multiple versions even if they wanted to.

I want to start with saying that I am loving this latest ME. It is THE BEST ever. Imo no ME before comes even close to this one. I love it so much that I am genuinely surprised that there are some people here still not nearly happy with the product.

This is proof that there is no way for SI to make everybody happy. For example some of the complaints here makes me believe that there are people out there who do not want to see any goals scored from crosses. One of my major complaints in all the previous FM's were the lack of these type of goals, and with the latest ME (I admit that previous ME 15.1.3 had significant issues with this) SI found a perfect balance. If in the next patch the ME will go back close to what it was in FM14 in terms of goals from crosses, they will have a very unhappy customer in me, whereas some other customers will probably like it.

And this brings me to my suggestion. Why can't SI make the patches optional? I, for one, would love to block my game right now from future patches. I am perfectly happy with this ME, and there is a slight chance that next patch will spoil it. Sometimes even little things can spoil the experience (in FM14 for example I couldn't play the game for two reasons, and one of them was the penalty conversion rate being 95%. That bug was not there after the first patch. IT came with the second patch and SI never fixed it because they didn't believe it was a game breaker, but for me it was).

I am sure there are thousands of customers who will like the game more after the Xmas patch, but there will be also thousands who will be pissed because they don't have a chance to revert back to 15.1.4.

Why is this moved here? It is not a feedback on 15.1.4 ??

And.........I'm Southampton. Not Chelsea :)

I'd like to see your tactic.

The match engine is tremendous this year, pity the other stuff, particularly the player interaction, is still so off.

Watching the ME on FMC is so much crisper and clearer than on the main game too, even though it's the same engine.

Yes player interaction is awful, called it before it launched though. The thing needs a different type of testing, but I do agree the match engine is so much better.

It will be the same as it has been all of the several hundred times it's been suggested before, it isn't practical and it isn't possible to support multiple versions even if they wanted to.

Ah ok. It is a shame though, since it would definitely result in significantly larger number of happy customers.

Yes player interaction is awful,

It'll need to become an industry just creating the possible interchanges before it ever approaches reality, plus having to make some sort of vernacular sense in multiple languages adds to the nightmare.

Ah ok. It is a shame though, since it would definitely result in significantly larger number of happy customers.

It also helps in the battle against piracy though we don't encourage open discussion on that subject.

After playing a few games after this update I'm getting more to grips with it than before which is good. As far as the ME goes it is probably the most frustrating so far, not because I can't work it out, but because it has flashes of real quality and is capable of producing some outstanding stuff. This goal may not look like much to most but the speed of thought, one touch passing, and runs off the ball are exactly the way I want my side to play and for me it's one of the prettiest goals I have scored in FM.

On the flip side however it is mind blowingly annoying, wingers get far to much respect and defenders prefer to run alongside them as opposed to cutting off their routes. Set pieces still need tweaking I feel, as it seems to be the most common method of conceding for me. Few too many crosses but not really a big thing I can live with it at present. Still though, sliding tackles in the box are far too numerous in occurence (indeed in general I think they need toning down) just need a little more variety.

All in all I'm pleasently surprised it has undeniable potential just needs a few quirks ironed out.

On the flip side however it is mind blowingly annoying, wingers get far to much respect and defenders prefer to run alingside them as opposed to cutting off their routes.

Don't worry it's well documented in Beta as well as here, but resolving it is incredibly complex because of the different aspects of the ME programming which combine in that scenario.

Guest El Payaso
The match engine is tremendous this year
Out of interest: what are the things that make it so good for you?

For me it is really hard to enjoy as like the balance and now it feels just too 'open up'. Too many scoring chances in most of the games and generally that makes you not to trust anything, especially your defenders. I'm mainly winning but just get the feeling that if that happens to AI against me it might just happen to me... And the thing that I've always liked in these games are the situations when I can trust my defensive line.

And to add, it's not just the amount of chances that annoys me. It's also the how those chances are created: too many of them just out of nothing and from magnificent individual efforts (mainly dribbling) or shorthanded attacks where maybe 2-3 players make 6-7 defensive players look like fools with basic passes.

Good lord please address near post corners. Every corner goal I see is a near post corner where the defender simply fails to get between the ball and his man. Again and again and again I see the exact same pattern. It is infuriating and really ruins the game.

In my game my striker was unhappy we sold our best defender, I told him not to worry we'll bring in replacements. He was slightly worried for a month or so then announced he was happy as my defender was replaced by a new player I signed, an attacking midfielder.

Is it the case that he wanted a big player brought in or a direct replacement in defence? I would have presumed it would be a like for like replacement but maybe not!

Last night i was playing Swansea in the league and i got this message

FM_zps43041132.jpg

Just 10mins ago i started the game up again and played Swansea again with the same thing happening.

What should i do?

I got this message today too, played again a few hours later and it was fine. Was annoying though initially!

Good lord please address near post corners. Every corner goal I see is a near post corner where the defender simply fails to get between the ball and his man. Again and again and again I see the exact same pattern. It is infuriating and really ruins the game.

Since the new patch, I didn't even change the default corner instructions (so I did not put anybody on zonal marking the six-yard box), and in about 15 games I have yet to concede a goal from corner kicks. I scored 2 goals myself, but not near post goal. Looks fixed to me.

Since the new patch, I didn't even change the default corner instructions (so I did not put anybody on zonal marking the six-yard box), and in about 15 games I have yet to concede a goal from corner kicks. I scored 2 goals myself, but not near post goal. Looks fixed to me.

I just had 2 near-post corners scored on me in one game and another 2 that only didn't score because the resulting headers/volleys went astray.

This one may well be my imagination as well, but winning away matches seems nigh impossible now. I've won a single away match in 3 months of game time since this patch was released. When playing away from home my class defenders like Hummels are routinely getting 6.0 ratings and shipping goals like crazy.

This probably doesn't have much to do with the patch though. For a few years now I've felt the home advantage in FM is overpowered and have been suspicious of the fact that nobody seems to know exactly how it's implemented.

Could you upload some examples to the bugs forum please? I agree that there are still some overly soft near post corners, but it certainly isn't the case for every corner I see.

Have you changed how you defend corners from the default settings?

Out of interest: what are the things that make it so good for you?

Well for a start, I have grounded, realistic expectations about it. It's never going to look like 'real' football, but it does get more 'realistic' with each passing game. This year, the motion capture has ramped up the animations giving the engine a polish it's never really had before. Watch a 3D game on FM12 then watch this one, there really is no comparison. There are still animation issues, of course there are, after all the graphical representation is still very basic given the photo realistic graphics you see in other games. But FM has never been about the graphics. And I think this is what alienates many people, mainly younger players. We now live in an age where '1080p' and '60fps' are demanded to the point of obsession, so when a game is released where graphics are well down the priority list, complaints will arise.

Anyway, regardless of the eye candy, all of that is pointless anyway if the engine itself is simply a worthless shell. And in this regard, FM15 trumps all that's gone before it. I was a massive fan of FM14. The ME had its issues (one update in particular was a bit of a disaster - caused indirectly by people on here, but I digress), but overall it was the best ME in the series to date. This one's even better.

People complain about recent FMs that the choices they make not being reflected on the field. But here's the thing. When Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho gives his players instructions, do the players follow them ALL the time? Of course not, players are only human after all. The thing about FM12 (in particular) is it went too far in the regard of 'Give instruction A = result B will happen' which for me made it a soulless experience as you almost had full control of your players, helped immeasurably by the unrealistic sliders. This level of control helped it become one of the more popular entries in the series, but for me it's also been the most unrealistic.

FM15 ramps this up a bit. You can give the team instructions, you can give the players instructions, but it's more noticeable than ever that player with weak mental stats will have you tearing your hair out in frustration at the brain farts you see them doing on screen - and this is how it should be. The engine now pays much more attention to other details like overall match fitness, morale, team chemistry etc etc. No longer is it a game of picking the best team and winning every week. Well for most of us anyway.

The games flow better now. You get a real sense of momentum swinging one way and the other. You can clearly see who's playing well, and who's having a nightmare. Match ratings now tend to reflect this more (apart from keepers, who can have a stormer and end up with a 6.7 rating). There's genuine excitement in the goalmouth action. Keepers no longer have teflon gloves, and they will spill the ball or parry it right to the feet of an onrushing striker. And you know what? This happens all the time in real life too. You'll see players making silly errors, strikers missing the easiest of chances, passes going astray, defenders falling asleep, and much more. The game of football is a game riddled with errors interjected with the odd sublime piece of skill. FM's engine is beginning to head in that direction.

People still claim the engine is 'unrealistic' and they're right. But as I say every year, if it ever DID fully resemble real football, the complaints on here would multiply ten-fold.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

Hi just want to say the new patch is quality, the me is playing a dream with different goals and not many cricket scores :)

but whatwhat's the the injuries iñ every game ? Every game I play 1 player gets injured and most of the time after I've made my 3 subs kinda spoilong the pleasure of the game a bit

I don't know if I'm just being thick here but I can't for the life of me find the transfer rumours, it was always a handy thing to look at to see who was being linked to your club and everyone elses, it also gave you a little eye opener as to who to scout and also a chance to nick players from your rivals.

Another thing I love about this game is that things like this can happen...

zMMtM7o.png

I don't know if I'm just being thick here but I can't for the life of me find the transfer rumours, it was always a handy thing to look at to see who was being linked to your club and everyone elses, it also gave you a little eye opener as to who to scout and also a chance to nick players from your rivals.

Go to the league table screen, and at the top, the third option is 'news', click on that and there's two options, the bottom one is transfer rumours.

Said it before, will say it again...the whole 'I'm upset I'm not getting first team football' has to be toned down massively. Modern game is about rotation but equally so if you're challenging for the title/CL most players in rotation would be glad especially if the club is knocking on the door of greatness. Having to police their mindset every month is a touch unrealistic especially if their squad status is 'correct'.

Also, if we're competing and players are smashing it up form wise, I doubt I'd also get as many players 'demanding' moves away to clubs not in the same position as us (although this can be disputed I guess as some players will demand moves - but again, needs to be toned down).

Although I believe the whole interaction and press conference module needs a complete refresh and reboot - FM15 is still pretty much on the road to perfection.

Said it before, will say it again...the whole 'I'm upset I'm not getting first team football' has to be toned down massively. Modern game is about rotation but equally so if you're challenging for the title/CL most players in rotation would be glad especially if the club is knocking on the door of greatness. Having to police their mindset every month is a touch unrealistic especially if their squad status is 'correct'.

Also, if we're competing and players are smashing it up form wise, I doubt I'd also get as many players 'demanding' moves away to clubs not in the same position as us (although this can be disputed I guess as some players will demand moves - but again, needs to be toned down).

Although I believe the whole interaction and press conference module needs a complete refresh and reboot - FM15 is still pretty much on the road to perfection.

If you do not do so already please take the time to log any player unhappiness that you feel is unrealistic or inappropriate.

In my game my striker was unhappy we sold our best defender, I told him not to worry we'll bring in replacements. He was slightly worried for a month or so then announced he was happy as my defender was replaced by a new player I signed, an attacking midfielder.

Is it the case that he wanted a big player brought in or a direct replacement in defence? I would have presumed it would be a like for like replacement but maybe not!

He might have just wanted evidence that money was being reinvested in the squad and it was worth him sticking around. If the money wasn't spent he may think you are a selling club with no real ambition

With Peterborough and declared my interest in a barnet player. The player wanted to join me and went awol with his club. When i signed him he played in the following friendly and then a few days later i get a message to say he has decided to come back to football now and training. I can only assume the two pieces news crossed over.

Also when I was Shrewsbury in league 2 I hired a new scout and when i clicked suggest players to buy in season 1 he came back with Tom Cleverley which seems a little silly and very unrelistic...

Just did a a test game with Chelsea, won the league and FA Cup but only had 1 clean sheet in 55 games, the AI always finds away to fluke or cheat their way to goal

af96c467e5dc62b14670f63a4991a52a.png

nme22s.png

Not from my saves, but it is possible. You can discuss about the first one, because Ajax is allways so overrated.

Oh, I see. My bad, it looked like it was one of the subs in the SS.

Then no, this is not something I see in my game.

However, this player is above 20 years of age, is he not? Match rules in the U-20 league states that no player above 20 years may be selected.

Edit: Seems you figured it out yourself :)

AFAIK, in the regular season you can select one player above 20 years (no age limit) and two Under 21 players.

In the playoffs, you can select up to three Under 21 players.

Official rules (in Italian):

http://www.legaseriea.it/it/campionato-primavera-tim-trofeo-g.-facchetti/regolamento

(they change the rules every other year...)

Go to the league table screen, and at the top, the third option is 'news', click on that and there's two options, the bottom one is transfer rumours.

Ta, just having a blonde old persons moment :)