Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Hotfix 1.5

Goalkeeper on the ground:

Goalkeeper starts to move much quicker than before, that's good!

But still then moves toooo slowly, that's bad...

A missed opportunity that will never get fixed as they missed this obvious fault.

You have had the process explained to you in the bugs forum by an SI member of staff. It is completely false to say the bug will never get fixed as it was missed. Most people will agree that these issues are reduced but could still be refined further.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointed that my last post has been deleted too. I will stop saying the truth, it's better for everyone.

That game is perfect and the update fixed all the issues ! Nice job SI Games !

As per the forum house rules (link in the forum header), keep your criticism contructive.

You still haven't mentioned what your tactical setup is. I suspect that's the major reason why you're seeing so many goals.

Played 23 games after the patch. A bit early to tell from that, but I have some first impression.

To summarize

I'm playing a narrow 4312 with Sassuolo, expected to finish 2nd in the league

Scoring most of my goals from crosses. My wing backs have 19 assists.

3 Center mids + Trequartista have 6 assists.

I'm not scoring or conceding much at all from throws, free kicks or corners.

Teams sit very deep when defending. It seems very easy to create chances against worse team because the relinquish so much space, but very often it's extremely hard to convert them as the box just get's overcrowded. I would say 3/4 of my games have just been an absolute battering on the opposition goal, and then conceding the odd counter

It seems very easy to convert chances when you are having a go at a better team. I.e I've had 6 games end 0-0 or 1-1 and most other games has ended with a narrow 1 goal win after a comeback, but playing away against Dortmund I won 6-2. At home I beat them 4-1.

So in other words, at least for me with my current set up, it's very difficult to score against minnows, but if you take the lead (or you're up against a team that's better than you) and the AI tries to attack you and leave a bit of space, it's very easy to punish them.

I would echo the sentiment that defending appears better (from 2 games since the patch)

This may be more of a future feature than a tweak to what is there but I really need an option (both at team level and individual player level) to tell my players (midfielders in particular) to make a tackle. I know there is the "get stuck in" option but its not about being more aggressive generally its about lessening the standing off

Also - one slight issue I still see is in press conferences. I was awarded a penalty to which I said I agree. The next news item said that the opposing manager agreed it was a penalty. However on continuing the next news item was their manager saying it wasn't a penalty and asking me to comment on it... Just seems out of sync to me

As per the forum house rules (link in the forum header), keep your criticism contructive.

You still haven't mentioned what your tactical setup is. I suspect that's the major reason why you're seeing so many goals.

After the patch, I am averaging 1.4 goals/game scored and 0.6 goals/game conceded only.

It is not fair for people to blame the ME for every anomaly they encounter. This one is purely due to his tactics, obviously.

Scores before the Hotfix:

85fa99c359c0350b875c764f29f80e7a.png

45 goals in 16 games

Scored after the Hotfix:

871e45273da8bb06a6e4d6321e3ae9d5.png

55 goals in 15 games

The difference isn't significant so I don't understand why so many people are saying there are still too many goals. If there's anything suspicious about the goals I have scored post-patch, it's the amount that are coming from outside the box.

Anyone else having problems making players available for their under 20s and under 18s squads?

I have a goalkeeper who is in my first team squad and I keep setting him to available for the under 20s but as a game approaches it keeps saying I have don't have anyone selected from the main squad, I keep trying but it never seems to work.

I check after each game and sure enough the player has never played.

Screenshots - Player selected.. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277471987333/F7720BA93A798BF499FCE3F99E04674D9726FE25/

Message saying no-one is selected... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277471982318/5137B9784F5B6697DEA7E31D633C67C223AA1B12/

Anyone else having problems making players available for their under 20s and under 18s squads?

If you clear your team selection it will show you all players, selected to be available or not.

It's basically set up so that you can make unselected 1st team players available, but that's kinda pointless is Serie A with 12 substitutes.

Not sure I am following eple.

The player was not in the 12 subs and I have him selected to be available for the under 20s team, the message says he is not selected and he never plays, the only way I can get around it is to actually move him to the under 20s squad which in turn makes the whole idea of making 1st team members available for the under 20s useless.

*Bangs head on laptop*

Nevermind I was just being stupid, I thought the under 20s in Italy worked the same way as the under 21s do in England and that players of any age can play for them.

Seems my 22 year old keeper is too old to play for the under 20s, sorry first release managing in Italy, still have some rules to learn, that's another 1 down! ;)

*Bangs head on laptop*

Nevermind I was just being stupid, I thought the under 20s in Italy worked the same way as the under 21s do in England and that players of any age can play for them.

Seems my 22 keeper is too old to play for the under 20s, sorry first release managing in Italy, still have some rules to learn, that's another 1 down! ;)

I was literally was just typing the words 'is he eligible to play?' :p At least you got there in the end ;)

Not sure I am following eple.

The player was not in the 12 subs and I have him selected to be available for the under 20s team, the message says he is not selected and he never plays, the only way I can get around it is to actually move him to the under 20s squad which in turn makes the whole idea of making 1st team members available for the under 20s useless.

Oh, I see. My bad, it looked like it was one of the subs in the SS.

Then no, this is not something I see in my game.

However, this player is above 20 years of age, is he not? Match rules in the U-20 league states that no player above 20 years may be selected.

Edit: Seems you figured it out yourself :)

You have had the process explained to you in the bugs forum by an SI member of staff. It is completely false to say the bug will never get fixed as it was missed. Most people will agree that these issues are reduced but could still be refined further.

Hi RTHerringbone

Quite right he did, but I posted here first before reading his reply.

But I maintain that these more "obvious" problems should be sorted out pre-release with the years of experience and all the resources available to the company.

Still the best though and as you say...

does not mean it cannot get better!

How many goals are you conceding/scoring from crosses in total? Some studies show the total goals scored in an entire competition (Euro 2012 for example) is 43% of those goals come from crosses.

Link? In my opinion this isn't even remotely true, as the premier league average is 16%. Can't remember Euro 2012 being a crossing festival with Spain winning it...

Hi RTHerringbone

Quite right he did, but I posted here first before reading his reply.

But I maintain that these more "obvious" problems should be sorted out pre-release with the years of experience and all the resources available to the company.

Still the best though and as you say...

does not mean it cannot get better!

As per Cyrus' response, the goalkeeper reaction problem is not a single bug; it is a range of bugs which can be lumped together in one category. There isn't one single line of code saying "Shoot like this, and then the keeper should do this". If there was, the problem might not exist. Instead, there are vast swathes of code relating to all goalscoring opportunities, and similar volumes relating to all aspects of goalkeeping. The reason .pkms are sought is because it provides coverage of more types of efforts on goal and more types of efforts to save them. There are numerous combinations to address and the fact that not all combinations are resolved yet, is not for lack of trying, believe me!

Link? In my opinion this isn't even remotely true, as the premier league average is 16%. Can't remember Euro 2012 being a crossing festival with Spain winning it...

http://thesportjournal.org/article/analysis-of-goal-scoring-patterns-in-the-2012-european-football-championship/

Most goals were scored after a cross (43.7%) while regarding goal scoring area, over 90% of goals were scored inside the penalty area and specifically from the area between penalty spot and goal zone (42.1%). Finally, almost ½ of goals were scored without any pressure from defenders.

From the abstract, that is 43% of goals from the entire tournament not just one team, so I would assume the statistics would be lower if you analyse individual teams. But also, I've never seen anyone put forward links/evidence for the Premier League statistics, the 16% one I saw seemed to me to be more of 'successful' crosses per match not necessarily goals from cross percentage.

Not arguing it though, there seems to be no decent website or studies correlating anything to be honest, that article was the only one I could find via a casual google search. >_>

Good evening, I want to start a new game but do not know what qualifications as a coach choose, if not to choose any qualification, does anyone know how long I take to reach the maximum level pro continental? thank you

Depends on where you start.

How many goals are you conceding/scoring from crosses in total? Some studies show the total goals scored in an entire competition (Euro 2012 for example) is 43% of those goals come from crosses.

At the moment it is 58% with 47 goals scored in total

Should have been bigger, there have been a few more CCC where my players missed sitters from less than a meter. Also, it doesn't include the fact when the cross is what created the chance, but wasn't the actual assist.

Roughly, I'd say over 70% of goals come from crosses but are not always counted as such (rebounds from GK or woodwork, briefly intercepted by a defender etc, etc...)

Hi everybody. Did anyone have any issues with the game not seeing the update? I tried restarting multiple times, setting priority to high in Steam game properties but nothing helped. Is there a way to start the download manually? Thanks

Hi everybody. Did anyone have any issues with the game not seeing the update? I tried restarting multiple times, setting priority to high in Steam game properties but nothing helped. Is there a way to start the download manually? Thanks

How do you know your game hasn't updated?

As per Cyrus' response, the goalkeeper reaction problem is not a single bug; it is a range of bugs which can be lumped together in one category. There isn't one single line of code saying "Shoot like this, and then the keeper should do this". If there was, the problem might not exist. Instead, there are vast swathes of code relating to all goalscoring opportunities, and similar volumes relating to all aspects of goalkeeping. The reason .pkms are sought is because it provides coverage of more types of efforts on goal and more types of efforts to save them. There are numerous combinations to address and the fact that not all combinations are resolved yet, is not for lack of trying, believe me!

Hi RTHerringbone

I do believe you!

And yes Cyrus Yeganeh explained quite well.

Ok, so there are different anims for saves, and therefor different ones for getting to his feet yes?

From my experiences watching the matches all the recovery (getting to his feet) and repositioning anims need to be faster.

All these animations I think, will have an associated speed parameter.

Whilst saying this I think the main fault of the keeper being a candidate for the wax museum has been fixed in all eventualities and for this we can be thankful!

Just did a a test game with Chelsea, won the league and FA Cup but only had 1 clean sheet in 55 games

Is that representative of the game as a whole, or you as a tactician? It's an awful statistic and implies that you use an overly attacking system, and probably a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 with Attacking AML/R players.

By comparison, here are my most recent results, all on the new ME:

screen-shot-2014-11-28-at-21-45-17.png

I am sure this must have been reported but the official that stands behind the left hand side goal is becoming more annoying than a fat male streaker!

Something seems to glitch and he stays in the same place every other game.

1st half .... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277478210172/9DF078CA5273A309C51A6C4041DCAB84FEFD79AA/

2nd half .... http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277478214089/2FC084EA428AAEB6AB67BC75FFF40C2D0932F2ED/

It gets a little Benny Hill when players actually come in from that side and are running round/through him. :)

Is that representative of the game as a whole, or you as a tactician? It's an awful statistic and implies that you use an overly attacking system, and probably a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 with Attacking AML/R players.

By comparison, here are my most recent results, all on the new ME:

screen-shot-2014-11-28-at-21-45-17.png

4-2-3-1 wth 2 DLP Defending, one AMC Support and 2 Inside Forwards atttacking, 35 yarders are nothing to do with tactics

Must say getting rid of players via the DOF seems pretty poor. Have 3 players on sell or release for 3 months now and I can't give them away! In fm14 it was pretty easy to just let them go. One especially wants to leave and I tried to take it on myself and offered a mutual termination and he got upset and refused. I can't win!!

Also does anyone know how the game calculates loans in second season? Alex Song obviously is with West Ham for the first year and the Club pays 50% of his wages. I want him a second year but Barcelona are now asking for us to pay 100% of his wages,. Noticed this in previous games as well with high profile real life loans being practically impossible to continue into the second season due to very high demands.

4-2-3-1 wth 2 DLP Defending, one AMC Support and 2 Inside Forwards atttacking, 35 yarders are nothing to do with tactics

So, even when you have clear statistical evidence from another player, playing as the same team, that clean sheets are very much possible, you still refuse to accept you're at fault here?

Wow. Just wow.

Archived