Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

This ME update has been a disaster for me. Defenders seem significantly WORSE at defending crosses now. I just had Mats Hummels get a 4.9 rating because he allowed cross after cross to score right in front of him. I had never even seen a rating under 5.0 to this point in my career.

Pleased the roles have been added on the tactic screen but it still would be nice to be able to change them via that screen as well as per FM14. But it's better and shows SI do listen so cheers SI./QUOTE]

you can change the roles by that screen you just need to right click on the shirt

Personally, I am loving the new ME. I generally play without wings (only fullbacks) and pre hotfix our midfield didn't look good at all. After the fix the passing and interplay was vastly improved and the tactic finally played the way I wanted it too. I also found that the midfielders were providing better support for the fullbacks who pre patch were getting isolated and just crossing as they had no other option. Nice job guys

Pleased the roles have been added on the tactic screen but it still would be nice to be able to change them via that screen as well as per FM14. But it's better and shows SI do listen so cheers SI./QUOTE]

you can change the roles by that screen you just need to right click on the shirt

Ah, thank you kind Sir. I was trying to left click it as per last year!

Have to admit my FM game was running fine after the last update (but slow going between screens but nothing unbearable) but I have noticed that the AI losing more games against other AI. This is great as I've got points from about 4/7 last games but the gap to the top two has dropped hugely so thanks for making the AI teams a bit more real :)

Hi

After the update my game cant find my editor files, the option is greyed out, i've tried reinstalling fm15, that didnt help, when i load up the editor and press "load" all my files are there (C:\Users\Gus\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\editor data)

Any tips?

nevermind, deleted my preferences..

Just had a great moment that I haven't seen before this update: my Stoke team was defending and one shot,goalkeeper parries,then comes second player-my defender sliding tackle and the ball goes to third attacker that has goal on his mercy and shoots - in that moment one of the defenders slides towards goal and saved a certain goal...maybe I didn't described it good but,for me,that action is just an example of how defending acting is more realistic after hotfix...before,it happened often that players just dont care :D of course,doesn't mean that just saving my goal is realistic and conceding isn't - There are examples on both sides...so,this game is getting better and better - very good job,SI,just continue :D

Not sure where to put this really, Mario Balotelli comes to me saying he wants to go to Bayern (a regular conversation it seems with everyone of my players), I say I will if I get a bid that matches valuation. He says he wants a new contract with a release clause, I offer it to him, he then drags his feet massively then complains that I've broken a promise, to top it off the team is now unhappy at how I've treated him!

A regular thing this player kicking off over nothing. Please fix it, it's making FM very annoying.

Guest El Payaso

The amount of scoring chances still is way too high. Teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid regularly get 30-40 shots per game and most of the shots are from good areas. Not enjoyable to see those batterings and if you compare it to real life you can see for example that Real for example produces something like 15-19 shots per game even when they win heavily.

Same as every other patch. As Newcastle I win the Carling Cup, qualify for the Champions League, have the Europa League and FA Cup finals in the next week and the day after the league finishes, two of my key players claim they want to join Chelsea. HOW REALISTIC.

Add that to an unrealistic amount of 10 games in 3 weeks because fixtures can't be arranged months before the end of the season apparently, meaning one week I had a game on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (away in Europe) and Sunday again! Oh and morale - my team massively overachieves but loses 2 pointless games and morale for the team is generally 'okay' despite massively overachieving?!

Absolute joke of a game, logics gone out of the window to try and make it more realistic as per usual

Is anyone else seeing more goals.

My hideously boring 1-0 wins have turned into exciting 3-2 wins..... i have mixed feelings about that :lol:

Seen some defence splitting thru balls up the centre of the pitch which is great to see.

Seen a fair few 40 yard screamers finding the back of the net, too many if i'm honest.

Its certainly enjoyable to watch.

I made a attack tactic because the other patch and become useless in the new patch. But keepers are more stupid now. They can't track a ball any more, they don't know when to rush out of the line and always follow the ball, I even see a goal were the keeper gets away from ball direction and misses the jump. The defenders seems fine now.

Same as every other patch. As Newcastle I win the Carling Cup, qualify for the Champions League, have the Europa League and FA Cup finals in the next week and the day after the league finishes, two of my key players claim they want to join Chelsea. HOW REALISTIC.

Add that to an unrealistic amount of 10 games in 3 weeks because fixtures can't be arranged months before the end of the season apparently, meaning one week I had a game on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (away in Europe) and Sunday again! Oh and morale - my team massively overachieves but loses 2 pointless games and morale for the team is generally 'okay' despite massively overachieving?!

Absolute joke of a game, logics gone out of the window to try and make it more realistic as per usual

And of course, Newcastle reaching three cup finals and qualifying for the Champions League in the one season is HIGHLY realistic, eh?

EDIT - Also, in real life didn't Diego Costa want to join Chelsea after Atletico had actually WON La Liga and got to the final of the Champions League?

None of what you've said there is particularly illogical. Your players would almost certainly be offered more money at Chelsea, so why wouldn't they go? And if you're in the latter stages of a lot of competitions, then how exactly are they supposed to schedule all your games? Are they supposed to be prescient enough to see that obviously you'd get to the final of all these competitions, so we better let them play a few more league games. As for morale, well if you were in a team on a ridiculously good run, and then got brought back down to earth, of course your morale would dip. Complacency sets in, they start to believe their own hype. It's up to you to keep them grounded so that that doesn't happen.

But yeah, joke of a game, etc etc...

Is anyone else seeing more goals.

My hideously boring 1-0 wins have turned into exciting 3-2 wins..... i have mixed feelings about that :lol:

Seen some defence splitting thru balls up the centre of the pitch which is great to see.

Seen a fair few 40 yard screamers finding the back of the net, too many if i'm honest.

Its certainly enjoyable to watch.

I've scored 34 goals in 10 games since the update. I doubt that is too much considering the teams I played against. I've definitely noticed more long range goals though.

This ME update has been a disaster for me. Defenders seem significantly WORSE at defending crosses now. I just had Mats Hummels get a 4.9 rating because he allowed cross after cross to score right in front of him. I had never even seen a rating under 5.0 to this point in my career.

4.9 can't be down to not intercepting crosses. I think he just had a really bad game.

And of course, Newcastle reaching three cup finals and qualifying for the Champions League in the one season is HIGHLY realistic, eh?

EDIT - Also, in real life didn't Diego Costa want to join Chelsea after Atletico had actually WON La Liga and got to the final of the Champions League?

Did he have showdown talks with Simeone 3 days before two cup finals? I wouldn't have a problem if it was after them....

None of what you've said there is particularly illogical. Your players would almost certainly be offered more money at Chelsea, so why wouldn't they go? And if you're in the latter stages of a lot of competitions, then how exactly are they supposed to schedule all your games? Are they supposed to be prescient enough to see that obviously you'd get to the final of all these competitions, so we better let them play a few more league games. As for morale, well if you were in a team on a ridiculously good run, and then got brought back down to earth, of course your morale would dip. Complacency sets in, they start to believe their own hype. It's up to you to keep them grounded so that that doesn't happen.

But yeah, joke of a game, etc etc...

Haha fanboy #1, Football Manager is perfect in every way and can't ever have any criticism or ridiculous outcomes. I'm not bothered they want to leave, just not before I've got 2 key fixtures coming up.

As for the fixture reschedules, the fact I was 4 games behind everyone else at the start of April kinda says something could have been sorted before the ridiculous game every 2/3 days in May.

But no, lets argue that every single outcome in Football Manager could happen real life. After all, I thought I was playing a game, not something to throw up horrendous outcomes because IT MAY of happened once in real life in 1000 years.....

d5bcdae205aea021309ac991ec940b8f.gif

Lol this doesn't make any sense. Wtf. And this was fixed? Very bad patch. GK are still awful and freezing. :applause:

Compared to the other problems, this doesn't look too bad :D

Not sure where to put this really, Mario Balotelli comes to me saying he wants to go to Bayern (a regular conversation it seems with everyone of my players), I say I will if I get a bid that matches valuation. He says he wants a new contract with a release clause, I offer it to him, he then drags his feet massively then complains that I've broken a promise, to top it off the team is now unhappy at how I've treated him!

A regular thing this player kicking off over nothing. Please fix it, it's making FM very annoying.

It's BALOTELLI !!! Don't buy him, Brenden.

Guest El Payaso

547849148a00b.jpg

Someone told about a fifty shot game. I managed to top that as I went back to my Oviedo save game. And the media wants me to praise my team for good and spirited effort... Yeah right.

Did he have showdown talks with Simeone 3 days before two cup finals? I wouldn't have a problem if it was after them....

Haha fanboy #1, Football Manager is perfect in every way and can't ever have any criticism or ridiculous outcomes. I'm not bothered they want to leave, just not before I've got 2 key fixtures coming up.

As for the fixture reschedules, the fact I was 4 games behind everyone else at the start of April kinda says something could have been sorted before the ridiculous game every 2/3 days in May.

But no, lets argue that every single outcome in Football Manager could happen real life. After all, I thought I was playing a game, not something to throw up horrendous outcomes because IT MAY of happened once in real life in 1000 years.....

You might want to calm down a bit chap.

With specific regards to players wanting to play for Chelsea rather than Newcastle I suspect you'll find this is very much the norm rather than the exception. As to when it happens, I suspect that's entirely down to when they 'hear' Chelsea are interested in them, I doubt at that point the player or their agent is thinking about what's best for Newcastle and their upcoming fixtures.

Players will always want to seek a bigger challenge. The only thing that can prevent this is loyalty and in my opinion, there aren't many loyal players in this year's version. For example, I'm in 2019 and I'm looking at Messi's profile. He has a preference to play for Barcelona and in Argentina for his long term plans but in his short term, he wants to play abroad.

b1b6517c674165b6fe4c5fb06da81cd3.png

If a player thinks he's done all he could at a club, then he will want a new challenge. Even if you're on the verge of improving a club's reputation, he may still want to leave for other reasons.

On the other hand it would be nice if the player's didn't see the last game of the league as the end of the season.

Lol this doesn't make any sense. Wtf. And this was fixed? Very bad patch. GK are still awful and freezing. :applause:

There is nothing wrong with that IMO.

The GK is off balance after making the save with his feet and it takes him time to regain his position, you see it all the time in real matches.

In the notes it did say improved and I have seen improvement it didnt say fixed

I played around 6 hours last night; the hotfix is an improvement. ME is better as a result. I like the addition of the positions on the pitch tactics screen.

Its completely ripped apart my attacking corner set up though :) although that was to be expected!

There is nothing wrong with that IMO.

The GK is off balance after making the save with his feet and it takes him time to regain his position, you see it all the time in real matches.

;) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;) He just stood still on his feet.

fe68039b2c5d8debff5f52a6729f6b95.gif

Great

If you are having players complain about stuff quite frequently it could be because you 'level od discipline' stat is quite low :)

Just a tip :p

Great

While it may look bad when it happens to you I really do not see anything wrong with it happening.

A defender and keeper get into a mix up and the striker scores, I actually remember seeing something very similar on a couple of occasions in real life.

If something like that happens every other game then fair enough it is not good but if it happens every other season then it seems fine to me.

I don't see what the problem is here?

Great

and that looks like a mistake by the defender along with some miscommunication.

You seem to have an unrealistic expection of what happens during a football match, you need to accept that players aren't robots and mistakes happen. The question is do they happen more, less or about the same as RL.

Great

It pains me as an Arsenal fan to post this, but:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T_L4WN0PzeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with Daylight, as long as this isn't happening frequently it's realistic and just bad luck.

547849148a00b.jpg

Someone told about a fifty shot game. I managed to top that as I went back to my Oviedo save game. And the media wants me to praise my team for good and spirited effort... Yeah right.

The media is absolutely realistic. If Oviedo loses 0-1 against Barca, the media would ALWAYS praise them, no matter how many chances Barca had. Completely realistic.

Guest El Payaso
The media is absolutely realistic. If Oviedo loses 0-1 against Barca, the media would ALWAYS praise them, no matter how many chances Barca had. Completely realistic.
Praised for what? Barcelona's inability to finish isn't the same as Oviedo being good. How am I supposed to praise them for doing nothing?

Goalkeepers & defenders do mistakes IRL , Not every mistake is a bug , Even Manuel Neuer do mistakes sometimes , I know that goalkeepers mistakes always lead to goals ,

but you can't come here complaining about your rookie goalkeeper do mistakes assuming those are bugs .

Don't distract the developers with false bugs , Let them concentrate on what is vital , the AI needs a lot of improvements still , Another patch or two and we will have a perfect FM game .

Praised for what? Barcelona's inability to finish isn't the same as Oviedo being good. How am I supposed to praise them for doing nothing?

No different to praising your underdog team when they nick a 1-0 win despite being battered all game. You don't fail to praise them just because they didn't deserve it statistically.

Sometimes performances are what count, and sometimes it's simply the scoreline. A 1-0 loss to Barcelona while playing as Oviedo is a pretty good result and worthy of praise.

Looks like I'm watching Mignolet lol...

Personally, I don't see too much wrong with that, but there is an odd "freezing" momement just after the animation where he stuck his foot out. It might be a freezing issue (bug) or the goalkeeper needed time to recover after a reflex save, which is an animation issue.

If you could upload the PKM and submit the report, SI can take a look to see which it is. :thup:

Great

This is quite possibly a lack of communication but like the previous one, if you upload the PKM and submit the report, SI can take a look. :)

Guest El Payaso

Sometimes performances are what count, and sometimes it's simply the scoreline. A 1-0 loss to Barcelona while playing as Oviedo is a pretty good result and worthy of praise.

Well I'm not praising bad performances and zero attempts to implement the style of play I have instructed. My team plays always well when they try to impliment that style of play but in these big games against Barca, Real and Atlético they become a bunch of little girls suddenly. Misplacing easy passes while big teams complete much harder passes with a lot better percentage and my team should be good at passing... I'm creating scenarios of 6-7 players defending 2-3 players through the game but still they create chances out of those situations that shouldn't be threatening. And how they do it? By making inhumane dribbles with the ball and short simple passes. It really is painful to watch these games. And the same happens to most of the AI teams against them...

If my requirement for my team in these games is to be brave and try to play our own style and limit them as much as possible I just cannot praise that kind of performances.

Personally, I don't see too much wrong with that, but there is an odd "freezing" momement just after the animation where he stuck his foot out. It might be a freezing issue (bug) or the goalkeeper needed time to recover after a reflex save, which is an animation issue.

If you could upload the PKM and submit the report, SI can take a look to see which it is. :thup:

It's buggy. Far post players horribly out of position. Defender not trying to protect inside of far post and no effort from right winger to get across the face of goal.

Perhaps a minor stumble from the keeper, but that's meh in comparison.

Well I'm not praising bad performances and zero attempts to implement the style of play I have instructed. My team plays always well when they try to impliment that style of play but in these big games against Barca, Real and Atlético they become a bunch of little girls suddenly. Misplacing easy passes while big teams complete much harder passes with a lot better percentage and my team should be good at passing... I'm creating scenarios of 6-7 players defending 2-3 players through the game but still they create chances out of those situations that shouldn't be threatening. And how they do it? By making inhumane dribbles with the ball and short simple passes. It really is painful to watch these games. And the same happens to most of the AI teams against them...

So, what do you deduce from all of that then? That the better teams make the lesser teams look a bit silly? That the better teams pass and move more effectively than the lesser teams? That the better teams make runs and dribbles that the lesser teams struggle to do?

Guest El Payaso
So, what do you deduce from all of that then? That the better teams make the lesser teams look a bit silly? That the better teams pass and move more effectively than the lesser teams? That the better teams make runs and dribbles that the lesser teams struggle to do?
A bit silly? Non existing would be more describing. Pass and move? They're not moving that effectively IMO. And why are my players with good passing ability suddenly so much worse completing short simple passes and these big teams combine much harder passes with ease? The difference should be there but it shouldn't be that huge as my team normally is one of the best passing team in the league.

And the dribbling thing. It is quite a bit off when one player completes more dribbles in one game than the whole team normally does in real life. For example Real Madrid usually complete about 18 dribbles per game and Ronaldo just competed 15 dribbles in one game against Villarreal I think in the game. That isn't bad at all?

Started a new save, first game I throw away a 5-0 lead at half time to draw 7-7! Yes, rather pathetically despite being a fully grown man I rage quit. Starting a new save now though ;)

If my requirement for my team in these games is to be brave and try to play our own style and limit them as much as possible I just cannot praise that kind of performances.

It depends on the context. From that one little screen shot it could be argued that your team did its bit and left Barca with no option but to constantly shoot from distance which made life easy for your keeper. 22 shots on target means nothing if they were 22 shots from outside the box, directly at the keeper. If that was the case, then yes, your team could be praised as you managed to limit Barca to something they do not like doing in real life.

Pleased the roles have been added on the tactic screen but it still would be nice to be able to change them via that screen as well as per FM14. But it's better and shows SI do listen so cheers SI.

If you right click the kits on the tactics screen, you can change the roles on the pitch.

Some thoughts on the new update.

Players seem to have better reactions to the ball, especially in and around the box, also they seem more aware when attacking in the box and look for the pass instead of the constant shooting that went on before.

Defenders positioning are better, particularly the wb's/fb's, players now putting in decent blocks in and around the box.

Scoring seems to be more realistic especially pre season, I play as Hibernian and winning pre season games 7/8/9 - 0 is always unrealistic, 3 or 4 - 0 is far better.

So far it's looking really good and well balanced, please do not touch anything more and spoil it, it seems fine now.

A bit silly? Non existing would be more describing. Pass and move? They're not moving that effectively IMO. And why are my players with good passing ability suddenly so much worse completing short simple passes and these big teams combine much harder passes with ease? The difference should be there but it shouldn't be that huge as my team normally is one of the best passing team in the league.

And the dribbling thing. It is quite a bit off when one player completes more dribbles in one game than the whole team normally does in real life. For example Real Madrid usually complete about 18 dribbles per game and Ronaldo just competed 15 dribbles in one game against Villarreal I think in the game. That isn't bad at all?

Dribbling has always been excessive in FM due to the nature of how the engine works, it's a difficult thing to manage, so those stats will probably always be higher than in real life. Also, what counts as a 'dribble' in FM may well differ from what counts as one in real life. Not a big deal IMO. The end result will be the same.

And yes, you may be a good passing side, but against the better teams your players will understandably be a bit more prone to make errors due to a combination of the occasion and how effective the other team is at shutting off passing lanes. You see that all the time in real life.

FM's idea of a successful dribble is different to that in real life, so its pointless comparing the FM stats to anything OPTA churn out.