Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Am I right in thinking players roles weren't shown before? or is it something I've changed? :confused:

0e19b6836097903aeaa6a7ca1e14609d.png

I like it either way.

USER INTERFACE

- Added player Role & Duty to pitch on tactics screen

It's new ;)

I really like that they listened to users and added this.

It will take me 50 years on full match!!! Seriously, parts of the ME are very good it's just a shame closing down is so poor

It's not, I think you're prone to drifting away from reality a bit :) you know, even the best players don't get it right all the time, football pitches are grass rectangles with hidden booby traps, the ball can come at you from many different backrounds, etc. etc. some people should never stray beyond the realms of 2D :D

Am I right in thinking players roles weren't shown before? or is it something I've changed? :confused:

0e19b6836097903aeaa6a7ca1e14609d.png

I like it either way.

Added in this hotfix I think.

This is where subjectivity kicks in - I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone could possibly consider that this ME is not a significant improvement over the previous one.

The ME is certainly a step ahead this year. Everything else is, IMO, several steps behind last year's near flawless release.

Not enough negativity here so here is some.

Started playing at 6pm and was having a lot of fun with the game, I have just remembered that Celtic were playing, I totally forgot they were because I was so into FM.....

Not good.

Not enough negativity here so here is some.

Started playing at 6pm and was having a lot of fun with the game, I have just remembered that Celtic were playing, I totally forgot they were because I was so into FM.....

Not good.

Believe me FM did you a favour :D

Overall I'm happy with the update, 3 matches not a single jump up and miss header by a defender. No goals scored by the ball being knocked back into play by the GK, pressing and passing much better. If told to pass short then hoofing happens only occasionally. Clearances still have tendency to go straight to an attacker and the number of goals from my admittedly very small sample, 14 from 3 games is rather a lot. I did score a goal after the opposition defender decided to just pull-up allowing my striker to run past him collect the ball and score. However, it could be that he was expecting his GK to come out and collect. Although if that was the case it was not reflected in the commentary.

Good evening, with the new update is necessary to start a new save or I can continue what I have?? thank you

You do not need to start a new save.

Save game time down to 2 minutes from 5... Tnx :) Is it me or has the tactics creator disappeared?

Apparantly as part of the fix would mean we'd see Norwegian wonderkid Martin Odegaard.

He's not on my game and I have loaded up a very large database.

Apparantly as part of the fix would mean we'd see Norwegian wonderkid Martin Odegaard.

He's not on my game and I have loaded up a very large database.

You will need to start a new game for the database changes.

Still no option to select guerilla marketing tactics by organising fans to invade the pitch wearing t-shirts with tech endorsements on them. Seething.

Seriously though, great little hot fix. Maybe it's just placebo but ME seems a lot more tidy than prior version.

I'm not an editor person but did you try a complete reinstall of the editor?

I ask because it's stand alone so if they've changed it you would need to, no?

I haven't, and there's no harm in doing so, so I'll give it a try shortly. However, the problem is within the game as well- it's in the reading of the edited file, which both editor and game are now not doing correctly. I won't go into it too much, as the Bug Forum post speaks for itself, but both the Editor and Game are responding to it in the same incorrect way.

Feedback on the engine after 3 games only ...

Seems a lot more robust and solid.. harder, but solid..

I'm liking it.

Thanks for the update! Some big improvements, on what I already felt was a really good ME.

The saving issue was huge, as my computer gets really hot so I should save at least every second week. Nothing worse than playing FM-matches over again..

I now use 3 players zonal marking on corners, that seems to work fine, but it seems a bit over the top that I need three (that is obviously relating only to my save, don't know with the rest of you)

Are players getting upset a bit too early? Yes, they are, but in my Shewsbury squad no one is irreplaceable to put it that way, even after the promotion to League 1. Defender with 10 in tackling wants to leave... Good luck to you sir! But please fix that before I'm in the Premier League with them having star players on the bench :cool:

The ME has never been better to be honest. It does have some GK flaws and defenders act a bit strange on crosses/corners but compared to earlier versions this has taken it to a whole new level, as the strategy you pick is much more visible during matches than ever!

PS! Player roles under names? Thank God it's back! Now I can see why I lost to York... ;)

Won 3-0 though, so won't complain :)

It's strange how many won't complain as long as they are winning. :D

Had no problems defending in the previous version except for a few corners here and there, but the GK mistakes seem to be much worse now after 10 or so matches.

He's consistently been making huge mistakes I've never seen him make before. I will upload a .pkm with the biggest example of this to the bug forums in a few min.

Thanks for the update.

I see Morocco are still set as hosts for the African Cup of Nations. Is there any way to edit this?

As far as the roles and duties on the pitch, it's a good improvement but the tactics screen needs more than that. Hopefully the big patch solves some issues, such as the inability to create a custom view, the inability to choose the starting lineup with a simple right-click on the desired player, the aesthetic display of some player roles that occupy the same space (shadow striker + false nine).

Anyone else have their head of youth not making offers or trying to sign youth players ?

The very first thing I did was bring in a top Head of Youth Development and set his responsibility to find and make offers for youth, but 2 seasons in he hasn't attempted to sign a single player.

Anyone else have their head of youth not making offers or trying to sign youth players ?

The very first thing I did was bring in a top Head of Youth Development and set his responsibility to find and make offers for youth, but 2 seasons in he hasn't attempted to sign a single player.

2....In 5 years....

Player roles on the tactics screen is a very welcome addition, though I still don't know what the new tactics interface adds over the old one

Pleased the roles have been added on the tactic screen but it still would be nice to be able to change them via that screen as well as per FM14. But it's better and shows SI do listen so cheers SI.

Kriss -- Yep you are right. Played a bit more and yes closing down is a lot better than it was. Scored two lovely goals via through balls through the middle so that's two in FM15 to absolutely zilch in the entire 14 so that's a great improvement. Defending is a bit better, especially when defending aggressively but still too passive at times and one or two slow reactions. Some lovely long passes and even if they get cut out that's fine it's realistic but at least you can see the intention rather than a hopeful hoof. The one real disappointment though is still lateral movement of players. Vertical is getting there but lateral is poor I still think and it makes the like of central midfielders engaging out wide in say a narrow diamond formation very difficult. But it's jumped from a 5/10 to a 7.5 for me with this hotfix. Good stuff SI.

I'll probably moan again at some stage though!!!!

Keeper reaction time improved. Fullback defending the flanks improved. Still getting high scoring games because the AI simply doesn't know when to quit. I went 4-0 up against Fleetwood, and my keeper made a mistake and conceded at about 80'. In the next ten minutes they accumulated 5 CCC's (we were dominating the entire time) and the match ended 4-3. Another epic afternoon in the Skybet League One!!

Still cannot keep clean sheets, somehow the AI always scores, 5 clean sheets in 25 games before the patch, 0 in 5 after the patch, yet I am 6th in the league with Rochdale so nothing wrong with the tactics

I am in Italy and I am fielding questions about the lack of a winter break on the last game before a two week break.

Still cannot keep clean sheets, somehow the AI always scores, 5 clean sheets in 25 games before the patch, 0 in 5 after the patch, yet I am 6th in the league with Rochdale so nothing wrong with the tactics

Finishing high and not having clean sheets are not mutually exclusive.

This is where subjectivity kicks in - I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone could possibly consider that this ME is not a significant improvement over the previous one.

Same here.. I'm seeing significant improvement. It is an amazing update imo. I understand that it is up to ones expectations to be satisfied with this update or not, but I fail to see how anybody can say there is no improvement.

Everything is pretty much working perfect for me now.

Goalkeepers are no longer reacting slowly after pushing the ball away, the player role names on the tactics screen is a great addition, and the saving issues are gone!

I honestly think this is the most perfect and complete version of FM I've ever played. Top work SI and well done on the frequency and content of the patches we've had since release :thup:

Feedback after 4 matches:

Seems like an improvement overall, especially with goal keepers. Defending on the flanks has definitely improved too although I now feel as though crossing and wingers have perhaps been nerf'd too far :p

Despite crossing being clearly over powered in the previous version I felt as though wingers and fullbacks got into good positions and attempted quite realistic crosses. Now it seems more akin to FM13 and 14 where wingers slow down on approaching a crossing position, lose the momentum and then either knock it annoying off a defender for a corner or start to pass around the final third. I have my team set up to attack with pace so the reduction in crossing has quite noticeably changed the style. That said, the passing and movement in and around the penalty box seems much better which i'm profiting far more from now.

I'll need to play and analyse more to know just how impacted the cross and wing play has been but thus far it seems significant, though not necessarily negatively. Playing as Liverpool Sterling has dropped from 7,4,7 and 11 attempted crosses in the 4 games prior to the update to 0,3,5,2 in the four games since.

Has anyone else noticed a large number of incredible defensive blocks from shots in the box? I must be jumping out my seat 3-5 times a match from almost certain goals being blocked by super ninja defenders and keepers. It's both annoying and incredibly entertaining :)

Haven't played any matches with the new hotfix yet, but I'm delighted that the time it takes to save a game has been drastically reduced. Still, I would like it to be even shorter, and to be able to save uncompressed, as I have no need to compress anything. Btw; loading time is faster too, as a by-product.

Edit and btw2; Browsing in/between players in the scout lists is now much faster too. Splendid work, SI.

Before the patch you had 1 in 5. Now you're at 0 in 5. You're 1 off the pace. Play some more games and then see. Small sample size.

Saving issues fixed, brilliant work. That would be enough to justify this hotfix on it's own.

I, for one, am not happy with the saving issue fix. Now I'll be unable to form that brief, disoriented connection to reality every few hours. Hiring a full-time nurse is going to cost me money.

Before the patch you had 1 in 5. Now you're at 0 in 5. You're 1 off the pace. Play some more games and then see. Small sample size.

Just played a match at home against a much stronger team from upper division. Set up a fairly balanced tactic. Managed to score a goal in the second half, then switched to a more defensive tactic, and was able to finish the match 1-0 without giving the opposition any clear cut chance. Defending a lead and finishing games with clean sheet is certainly possible if you use a proper tactic. I am loving this ME :thup:

Something I've noticed in the last few years of playing FM. No matter which league I play in, my league has more goals per game than the leagues below or above me. I often play the Conference North/South and the comparisons are easy to make. Similar level of players, managers, tactical style etc. If I manage a team in the Conference North that league will have more goals per game over the course of a season than the South. Similarly, if I manage in the South, that league will have more goals.

I can’t seem to find a stat to back this up, average goals scored per game but… I've just finished a season managing in the Conference North. The leagues top scorer has 31 goals, 2nd top scorer has 28, 3rd 25. The 5th top scorer has 22 and the 10th 18 goals. In the South the leagues top scorer has just 18 goals to his name and the 10th highest scorer, only 10.

This has been a reoccurring issue in recent additions in the game. No doubt when I manage in the Conference next season I will find more goals being scored in that league than in League 2 or in the Conferences North/South. Additionally, due to me not managing in the North, the goals per game will no doubt average out between North and South. I’ve only played 1 season so far, but in previous versions of the game this has been my experience.

Any thoughts on this? I don't visit these forums very often but I never seem to see it being mentioned as an issue.

Something I've noticed in the last few years of playing FM. No matter which league I play in, my league has more goals per game than the leagues below or above me. I often play the Conference North/South and the comparisons are easy to make. Similar level of players, managers, tactical style etc. If I manage a team in the Conference North that league will have more goals per game over the course of a season than the South. Similarly, if I manage in the South, that league will have more goals.

I can’t seem to find a stat to back this up, average goals scored per game but… I've just finished a season managing in the Conference North. The leagues top scorer has 31 goals, 2nd top scorer has 28, 3rd 25. The 5th top scorer has 22 and the 10th 18 goals. In the South the leagues top scorer has just 18 goals to his name and the 10th highest scorer, only 10.

This has been a reoccurring issue in recent additions in the game. No doubt when I manage in the Conference next season I will find more goals being scored in that league than in League 2 or in the Conferences North/South. Additionally, due to me not managing in the North, the goals per game will no doubt average out between North and South. I’ve only played 1 season so far, but in previous versions of the game this has been my experience.

Any thoughts on this? I don't visit these forums very often but I never seem to see it being mentioned as an issue.

Probably because the game will simulate mathces in full in your division. That way, if the ME is such that there are many goals (lots of chances created, poor defending/keeping or overpowered wigers etc) you'll notice in your division, whereas any leagues where matches are not simulated in full will be calculated differently (based on rep among other things)