Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People, there are still going to be crosses, corners, goalkeeping errors, high scores, and long range goals. The update hasn't completely nerfed them. Do a whole season, then come back and report how frequent these things are, not just your last game, that helps nobody.

Hotfix was pointless in my opinion. You fixed the saving a game issue which was good. The match engine still has a lot of problems and I'm yet to notice the tweaks that have occurred. Goalkeepers reactions are still too slow, their movement is too robust. Crosses are still a problem. I am watching my team defend a cross or a set piece and I'm seeing defenders let attackers get easy headers in. I'm even seeing defenders let the ball pass them.

I tried to upload some footage but there's something wrong with the FM Youtube Uploader, the footage doesn't show anything, just the pitch.

Man marking on set pieces is a problem. Defenders are marking attackers and they're still able to volley the ball. I understand a header but how is it possible to volley a ball when a defender is marking you tightly?

Defenders are reacting too slow in the box and after making a tackle. Sometimes defenders are not even reacting to the ball when it goes past them. If the uploader was working you would see the footage.

The whole point of a hotfix is to address specific problems. You guys said you improved defender reactions to crosses and corners but they still react slowly in other situations. Goalkeepers are still dreadful.

Anyone noticed massive player rating losses since the update? I was going really well before updating(beginning of November - 2nd season). Installed update and restarted FM15 & lost my first 2 games. Looked into my tactics / training etc. and noticed that John Terry was down to 2 stars(he was only 2 and a half to start with though), Zouma had gone from 3 to 2, but worst of all were Sami Khedira and Leighton Baines who dropped from 4 each to 2&ahalf / 3 respectively. Carried on just trying to survive til the transfer window but no matter what I did tactically I lost all my games until the 7th in a row which cost me my job.

I know blips happen but that seemed a bit extreme, and the timing made it very fishy.

Hotfix was pointless in my opinion. You fixed the saving a game issue which was good. The match engine still has a lot of problems and I'm yet to notice the tweaks that have occurred. Goalkeepers reactions are still too slow, their movement is too robust. Crosses are still a problem. I am watching my team defend a cross or a set piece and I'm seeing defenders let attackers get easy headers in. I'm even seeing defenders let the ball pass them.

I tried to upload some footage but there's something wrong with the FM Youtube Uploader, the footage doesn't show anything, just the pitch.

Man marking on set pieces is a problem. Defenders are marking attackers and they're still able to volley the ball. I understand a header but how is it possible to volley a ball when a defender is marking you tightly?

Defenders are reacting too slow in the box and after making a tackle. Sometimes defenders are not even reacting to the ball when it goes past them. If the uploader was working you would see the footage.

The whole point of a hotfix is to address specific problems. You guys said you improved defender reactions to crosses and corners but they still react slowly in other situations. Goalkeepers are still dreadful.

If you have a specific piece, upload the PKM to the bugs section

Anyone noticed massive player rating losses since the update? I was going really well before updating(beginning of November - 2nd season). Installed update and restarted FM15 & lost my first 2 games. Looked into my tactics / training etc. and noticed that John Terry was down to 2 stars(he was only 2 and a half to start with though), Zouma had gone from 3 to 2, but worst of all were Sami Khedira and Leighton Baines who dropped from 4 each to 2&ahalf / 3 respectively. Carried on just trying to survive til the transfer window but no matter what I did tactically I lost all my games until the 7th in a row which cost me my job.

I know blips happen but that seemed a bit extreme, and the timing made it very fishy.

When will you understand? those stars are the opinions of your staff and have no effect whatsoever on your players abilities or performances.

It's like me saying Messi isn't as good as people say meaning he misses 5 open goals in his next match, it isn't rocket science.

Having said that, nothing has changed in my game so I suggest give it a while to settle then report a bug if it doesn't but that does mean a bug in the star rating system, not in your players abilities.

Played a few games and saw that pressing/closing down is still not addressed, defenders are still backpeddling/sitting back even when given high closing down and marking instructions and not attempting to challenge while the opposition run at them. Feeling rather disappointed. This is a core deficiency of the match engine that needs to be remedied ASAP. Guess I'll have to wait for the next update again.

When will you understand? those stars are the opinions of your staff and have no effect whatsoever on your players abilities or performances.

It's like me saying Messi isn't as good as people say meaning he misses 5 open goals in his next match, it isn't rocket science.

Having said that, nothing has changed in my game so I suggest give it a while to settle then report a bug if it doesn't but that does mean a bug in the star rating system, not in your players abilities.

I understand that, but those had been steady for a season and (almost) a half before then. Baines dropped from upper 7 ratings in games to an average of around 6 for the 4 games I stuck with him after the update. Can't remember what the others dropped to so I wont include them. Just thought it was weird how the sudden drop(stars and match ratings) for a lot of players happened directly after installing this update. Although I now realise I forgot to included the ratings drop in my original post ha

The ME feels, well...flimsy, thats the only way I can describe it

Although I can see the patch has adjusted (improved?) some dynamics of the match engine, it's only skimmed it.

I'm not a game coder (although my brother is), and I appreciate the hard work and hours that are being put in.

Roll on 15.1.5 :thup:

No-one ever does brawla ..

This one was a hotfix .. i.e a small unannounced tweak.. there might be more like this, there might not.

Usually it's safe to expect a large main update in January after the window.

Okay, fair enough. That's a shame though because from the space of November to March/April we're waiting on the next update. But we should really be enjoying the game in these months. I've had this since the Beta release and I'm just constantly waiting on the next update to see if I can finally enjoy the match engine. It shouldn't be like this every year.

I've had this since the Beta release and I'm just constantly waiting on the next update to see if I can finally enjoy the match engine. It shouldn't be like this every year.

Perhaps lower your expectations then. I've sunk almost 300 hours into the game so far, and I've had very few issues with the match engine. But then I simply play the game to enjoy it, and not to pick holes in every little inaccuracy. What a dreadful waste of time that would be.

And anyway, it's the non-match stuff that's been mostly bugged this year IMO.

Okay, fair enough. That's a shame though because from the space of November to March/April we're waiting on the next update. But we should really be enjoying the game in these months. I've had this since the Beta release and I'm just constantly waiting on the next update to see if I can finally enjoy the match engine. It shouldn't be like this every year.

Yeh but don't forget an awful lot of us are enjoying the match engine (and numerous other things) your preferences don't get to over ride every body elses ;)

Also it's very SI like to come up with a Christmas surprise if it's possible so don't go all doom and gloom yet.

Yeh but don't forget an awful lot of us are enjoying the match engine (and numerous other things) your preferences don't get to over ride every body elses ;)

Also it's very SI like to come up with a Christmas surprise if it's possible so don't go all doom and gloom yet.

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Played a few games and saw that pressing/closing down is still not addressed, defenders are still backpeddling/sitting back even when given high closing down and marking instructions and not attempting to challenge while the opposition run at them. Feeling rather disappointed. This is a core deficiency of the match engine that needs to be remedied ASAP. Guess I'll have to wait for the next update again.

Agree closing down is awful and player reactions are so slow. Really cannot understand how closing down has been poor for so many versions and still hasn't been addressed. Full backs aren't getting anywhere near blocking a cross, ball goes to winger, full back goes to engage and seemingly slips on a patch of ice and skids past the winger and the winger crosses to Lukaku who has the freedom of the penalty area!! Reactions are painful, some of my players turn slower than the Titanic! Early days as only played the odd match but not incredibly positive so far.

Also and it was admitted in the bugs forum that there was an issue. If you change instructions of a tactic mid game you still cannot revert to your starting tactic on he drop down menu. I hoped that this would have been in the hotfix.

Perhaps lower your expectations then. I've sunk almost 300 hours into the game so far, and I've had very few issues with the match engine. But then I simply play the game to enjoy it, and not to pick holes in every little inaccuracy. What a dreadful waste of time that would be.

And anyway, it's the non-match stuff that's been mostly bugged this year IMO.

I've almost got 300 hours too. I didn't have many match engine issues until now besides the obvious defending crosses and so on. I think the non-match stuff is worst this year too but I think that can be easily fixed compared to the engine. It's just hard for me to certain problems I guess.

Agree closing down is awful and player reactions are so slow. Really cannot understand how closing down has been poor for so many versions and still hasn't been addressed. Full backs aren't getting anywhere near blocking a cross, ball goes to winger, full back goes to engage and seemingly slips on a patch of ice and skids past the winger and the winger crosses to Lukaku who has the freedom of the penalty area!! Reactions are painful, some of my players turn slower than the Titanic! Early days as only played the odd match but not incredibly positive so far.

Also and it was admitted in the bugs forum that there was an issue. If you change instructions of a tactic mid game you still cannot revert to your starting tactic on he drop down menu. I hoped that this would have been in the hotfix.

Relax :) play 50 matches (not on key or goals highlights) then I might be prepared to believe you ;)

I've almost got 300 hours too. I didn't have many match engine issues until now besides the obvious defending crosses and so on. I think the non-match stuff is worst this year too but I think that can be easily fixed compared to the engine. It's just hard for me to certain problems I guess.

This is where subjectivity kicks in - I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone could possibly consider that this ME is not a significant improvement over the previous one.

Am I right in thinking players roles weren't shown before? or is it something I've changed? :confused:

0e19b6836097903aeaa6a7ca1e14609d.png

I like it either way.

USER INTERFACE

- Added player Role & Duty to pitch on tactics screen

It's new ;)

I really like that they listened to users and added this.

It will take me 50 years on full match!!! Seriously, parts of the ME are very good it's just a shame closing down is so poor

It's not, I think you're prone to drifting away from reality a bit :) you know, even the best players don't get it right all the time, football pitches are grass rectangles with hidden booby traps, the ball can come at you from many different backrounds, etc. etc. some people should never stray beyond the realms of 2D :D

This is where subjectivity kicks in - I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone could possibly consider that this ME is not a significant improvement over the previous one.

The ME is certainly a step ahead this year. Everything else is, IMO, several steps behind last year's near flawless release.

Archived