Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Hello,

I use the new leagues by Claassen, this guy create good leagues and no errors .

The problem I come across is this: For example, I'm playing in the league of Albania and the Albanian clubs only buy Albanian players. its not good! Not real!

Btw, In editor changed the preferences of transfers (in order to make it more real because the Albanians clubs buy servian and Nigerian players). Start the game and see that it keeps, clubs buy only Albanians players.

Situation with any league that plays (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Estonia, etc etc)

sorry for my poor english guys!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason to be surprised that conspiracy theorists play Football Manager games too. I had one who as a roommate for a while, and he just had of all kinds: Aids doesn't exist, Ebola doesn't exist, it's NATO troops that occupy Eastern Ukraine, that dutch plane that crashed there had no people on it but canned meat instead (!)... he was actually a nice guy, but I stopped debating with him very fast, because conspiracy theorist just don't believe anything the majority believes... ever.

So dear mods, save your digital breath and ignore them and enjoy your weekend...

OR go write some more of them evil scripts for the next patch!

I have played constantly and I have very important observations to make about the ME:

- Goalkeepers are many defenses standing expalmando the ball as if they had playing shuttlecock. Happen legal moves of the goalkeepers, but I think it should be much more elaborate yet.

- Happen many goals coming from rebounds (either rebounds free throws or kicks from outside the box) .This little happens in football in real life, should be aperfeiçado.

- Almost no place kicks out, always take the post (an old bug FM) or hit the defense.

- During the football the most reputable team kicks often the goal, absurd in the current football almost 40 kicks! This should be much better optimized.

- In Brazil in the state championships happen many heavy defeats, totally unreal scores: 10 x 1, 8 x 0, 5 x 3, and so on ... Of course happen high scores between great teams against smaller, more so than is the FM 15 is very bad.

- There are moments in which players stand still, the screen seems to be buggy, plus the clock is ticking. This happens a lot in collecting side or corners or when a replacement occurs. This should be seen for the next patch, it is very annoying to play well!

- Simply the free shots never result in goal, where the shot is given up the goal or out, think it should be improved.

- In the game happen many injuries, all are complaining of this bug, it certainly has to be revised to better the final patch.

- Corner Goals after the last pacth I can not do and not my opponents, I think deserved to be better reviewed this situation.

And please ask that improve the movements of the puppets, with more diversified passes, more fight in midfield and different movements in the ball stolen and jogadres exalting with the judge and barriers to charges of lateral faults!

There is no reason to be surprised that conspiracy theorists play Football Manager games too. I had one who as a roommate for a while, and he just had of all kinds: Aids doesn't exist, Ebola doesn't exist, it's NATO troops that occupy Eastern Ukraine, that dutch plane that crashed there had no people on it but canned meat instead (!)... he was actually a nice guy, but I stopped debating with him very fast, because conspiracy theorist just don't believe anything the majority believes... ever.

So dear mods, save your digital breath and ignore them and enjoy your weekend...

OR go write some more of them evil scripts for the next patch!

Personally I think the Illuminati nicked my transfer budget because it's pants at the start of each season!!!!

Seriously I am starting to really enjoy the game after taking up some blunt but good advice from Cleon. Yeah things could be better at times but it's a far better game than FM14 which was extremely one dimensional with regard to the ME.

Couple of issues that are bugging me though -

Too many times a keeper (both mine and the AI's) take a free kick from around the touchline area and punt it diagonally straight to an opposition player on the far side of the pitch who belt it straight back towards goal. I have scored a couple like this and so have the AI. Yep it happens IRL but rarely. I have seen four goals in 4 game months like this.

Players are still moaning too much about not enough game time. Especially players returning from injury who seem to think they should just waltz straight back into the side seemingly forgetting that a. They were injured and b. They haven't regained enough match fitness to start. I can understand to an extent if the team is losing but when the team is on a winning run players should to an extent accept that you can't change a winning team.

A perfect example is Mauro Zarate. He was moaning that he wasn't playing but then got three games on the bounce due to an injury to another player. He scored two in three so I praised his form to try and build some morale. He didn't think he was playing well enough to deserve praise and his morale dropped due to that one chat! Wish I had kept my mouth shut!!

So I think that players getting itchy feet should be toned down. Especially on back up goalkeepers. It seems impossible to find a keeper who is happy to be an understudy without moaning about it!!

And can someone please tell me how I can score from a corner!!!!!

If i concede another goal from a hoof downfield where my defender has nothing around him and runs so slowly towards the ball a striker just takes it and runs off. or keepers spilling the simplest of shots.

i don't mine defencive mistakes, but unrealistic stupidity... please, and thrown in the worldies that go in a lot.

I am pretty sure tactical misunderstanding is the reason behind a lot of people's issues in the game (as the oft-used mantra on these forums goes). It takes time and effort to master the creation of tactics, and even then you are at the whim of the footballing Gods much of the time.

In my opinion, whilst results may appear "random" if you have yet get to grips with the tactical options, there are only about a handful ways of majorly screwing a tactics up (and basically drawing the all important squad and player quality moot):

* Giving "specific marking" orders to holding players, centre backs or other crucial fulcrums in the team's defensive shape (what this does is making any player you pick rushing to the player picked to mark the second the opposition gains the ball, which can be useful but also devastating, as -- yes, you can even make your CB mark the opposition's CB, which he will do from the opposition's kick off, but don't complain about the rest of your back line being exposed time and time again if you do so.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHLx6tEN70

* As posted above, going 4-2-3-1 Denmark or similar and then assigning a hunch of the AM+ strata players an "attack" duty. They won't track back. Having both the AMC and FWD positions on attack duty will create tons of central space. High scoring games will be the norm. You won't be able to slow things down and hold onto a lead either. In particular the AMC/attack player just staying high up the pitch and opening plenty of crucial central space appears to be looked at for the next patch, if the mods are correct.

* Not having a no-nonsense defensive role in central midfield as a default tactics, in particular when playing with two centre backs. Your midfield will be exposed, you're open to the counter and lose a deep option for ball retention (if all of your players move forward, there will be no outlets for back passes).

* Setting set piece options so that each time the opposition regains the ball there is plenty opportunity for a devastating counter attack, and there is headroom for that in all of the free kick, corner and throw in instructions. In defensive terms, not keeping a sufficient players back in any of those situations, naturally.

* Going 4-2-4 and then encouraging the team to drop deep and defend

* Totally switching and turning things around multiple times a season at completely random intervalls. Doing so will always yield random results, most naturally.

None of this should be taken out of the game, in my opinion. Everything else might result in very unbalanced setups to varying degrees and levels of potential damage and fallout, say the ever so popular assigning of "defend" duties to defenders, "support" duties to midfielders and "attack" duties to forwards (if you haven't grasped what a big part of role and duty combinations represent in the game, which is off the ball movement and runs, then simply stick to wwfan's guide to the letter until you do so). But then personally I think it'd be a pretty shallow game if there wasn't any more headroom for major tactical mistakes -- and some of them have been taken out of the game throughout the years, in my opinion. Anybody who feels this a daunting task can actually just let the assistant handle it all. They're just as schooled in the arts of FM tactical basics as any AI manager, really.

Guys, I was wondering...

I was geting sooo annoyed at my players getting cought offside. I decided to check if the number of offsides are somewhat close to the RL - it's NOT!

I currently play in the Championship with Blackburn. I went to whoscored.com and found the RL stats which shows 6 players average more than 1 offside per game with the top guy being 1,4 per game.

I then went to FM15 to compare... Well, in my save a guy averages 3,4 offsides per game and then a lot of guys are in the 2,5 range :( So offsides are out of control!

Reason I noticed is that every other game have a disallowed goal due to this for either the CPU or me and it's starting to annoy me.

So is this a known issue that SI are aware of which can be added to the list? I found a thread reporting guys lining up offsides on free kicks (which also is very annoying) but couldn't see if the general high number of offsides has been reported?

Guys, I was wondering...

I was geting sooo annoyed at my players getting cought offside. I decided to check if the number of offsides are somewhat close to the RL - it's NOT!

What roles/duties etc do you give your attacking players?

Just because you are experiencing a higher than average RL number doesn't mean its a bug, it could easily be down to your tactical instructions or the player attributes.

What has happened to this game?

I've started a few saves now, my latest being Crystal Palace as i wanted to see if a certain trend continued..........which it did. :confused:

To explain i can tell you that i finished 4th with Palace in season 1, i was 21 points behind the leaders but could easily have won the title.

Its as if the game is way too easy, so to balance things out it allows the AI to score the most ridiculous goals, usually a blatant error(s) by one of my own players like a ridiculously short backpass(foot and head) or they just ignore the ball altogether, or walk straight over the ball, or stand still with the ball at their feet when easy passing options are on until the opposing player takes the ball from their feet and launches a counter.

As well as all that, you have the usual stuff, i lost 3-2 in a game where the only AI chances came from DFK's where the taker hit the bar each time and another player(s) mopped up the rebound(s). Even more frustrating when at the other end my players regularly miss from just a couple of yards out and on the few occasions the ball comes back to said player for an easy tap-in he strikes it straight at the post.

This is making the game unwatchable and largely unplayable. I understand that its ridiculous to do so well with a team like Palace which is a game breaker in itself, but the way the game manipulates matches to its own end is even worse.

I've even considered just using one of the in game formations with no individual or team instructions just to attempt to make the game play more realistically, but should i really have to do this in order to glimpse a little realism?

Going back to goals conceded, i can't tell you how many times we have conceded a penalty from an oppositions lump into the box, only on further evidence to find that it was the very first time the ball had actually been in our box in the whole game.

My City save was ruined after just one full season, as by season 2 the only games we could lose was those where we miss a hatful of simple chances and the AI luck out with freak goals, or freak defensive errors from my World Class players.

It just seems so pointless.

When you mention points like this, you just have watch the Newcastle v Chelsea game yesterday and then consider how you would feel if you managed either of those teams on fm and played that match yday

. Firstly you manage Chelsea, everything is going swimmingly, you have a game against a side you should win, but before the match Nemanja Matic gets injured (injury bug) anyway you have a decent replacement in Mikel so its not too bad. Throughout the game, you dominate possession and have all the chances, yet the opposition have 3 shots on goal and score 2 goals resulting in your side losing (AI compensating and 'scripting' for your side doing well)

Or you're Newcastle, you're doing not bad and its 0-0 at HT, but your goalie who is already your 2nd choice gets injured from just kicking the ball, and he needs to be subbed (injury bug, scripting in game) anyway you bring on your 3rd choice keeper who does alright and your side goes 2-0 up, there's 10 mins to go and you're still 2-0 up against unbeaten and top of the league. Then your centre back gets sent off and concedes a free kick on the edge of the box with a rash tackle (AI scripting to help better team win) And from the resulting free kick Chelsea score. You hold on til the 90th minute, but to make matters worse there is 6 mins added time that has appeared from nowhere (AI scripting, helping the bigger team) but you manage to hang on despite the goalkeeper injuries and being down to 10 men.

That happened in real life yesterday, but if that had happened in the game people would be straight on this forum complaining of scripting and AI having the advantage, but sometimes football is unpredictable and things happen that shouldn't. I'm not saying the game is perfect because there are some bugs within the match engine, but far too many people on here throw their toys out of the pram with one or two bad results, or their side dominating games and losing, or their side picking up injuries. These things happen in real life, you can sit and watch match of the day. Or even results like Leicester 5-3 Man Utd, if that happens in-game, everyone would kick off, or if you had a newly promoted side like Leicester who started well and now can't buy a win, people would say 'the AI is against me as I was doing well' Honestly some of the comments on here are unbelievable, and the reason people watch football is because it is unpredictable and unbelievable things happen, and some people need to calm down with the criticism of the game

What roles/duties etc do you give your attacking players?

Just because you are experiencing a higher than average RL number doesn't mean its a bug, it could easily be down to your tactical instructions or the player attributes.

I'm aware of this, but it's league wide... not just my team ;) #ItsYourTactics

Next time you're in front of your game can I get you to check out if you have the same issue?

When you mention points like this, you just have watch the Newcastle v Chelsea game yesterday and then consider how you would feel if you managed either of those teams on fm and played that match yday

. Firstly you manage Chelsea, everything is going swimmingly, you have a game against a side you should win, but before the match Nemanja Matic gets injured (injury bug) anyway you have a decent replacement in Mikel so its not too bad. Throughout the game, you dominate possession and have all the chances, yet the opposition have 3 shots on goal and score 2 goals resulting in your side losing (AI compensating and 'scripting' for your side doing well)

Or you're Newcastle, you're doing not bad and its 0-0 at HT, but your goalie who is already your 2nd choice gets injured from just kicking the ball, and he needs to be subbed (injury bug, scripting in game) anyway you bring on your 3rd choice keeper who does alright and your side goes 2-0 up, there's 10 mins to go and you're still 2-0 up against unbeaten and top of the league. Then your centre back gets sent off and concedes a free kick on the edge of the box with a rash tackle (AI scripting to help better team win) And from the resulting free kick Chelsea score. You hold on til the 90th minute, but to make matters worse there is 6 mins added time that has appeared from nowhere (AI scripting, helping the bigger team) but you manage to hang on despite the goalkeeper injuries and being down to 10 men.

That happened in real life yesterday, but if that had happened in the game people would be straight on this forum complaining of scripting and AI having the advantage, but sometimes football is unpredictable and things happen that shouldn't. I'm not saying the game is perfect because there are some bugs within the match engine, but far too many people on here throw their toys out of the pram with one or two bad results, or their side dominating games and losing, or their side picking up injuries. These things happen in real life, you can sit and watch match of the day. Or even results like Leicester 5-3 Man Utd, if that happens in-game, everyone would kick off, or if you had a newly promoted side like Leicester who started well and now can't buy a win, people would say 'the AI is against me as I was doing well' Honestly some of the comments on here are unbelievable, and the reason people watch football is because it is unpredictable and unbelievable things happen, and some people need to calm down with the criticism of the game

Ok but you ignore the point that it doesn't just happen once or twice it happens a lot more then in real life, the balance isn't right, also the point is if you find a system that works then you can win the league with most teams and the only reason you lose games is the 'unpredictable' element you speak of but it's actually the most predictable part as it feels like it has been inserted into the game to simulate these situations.

In that I mean it's not a sequence of independent events in a game it's preordained and you can see it coming 10 mins into the match!

You can't always pick out the odd game in real life and say that explains everything, there are problems there is every year, doesn't make the game unplayable though of course!

Ok but you ignore the point that it doesn't just happen once or twice it happens a lot more then in real life, the balance isn't right, also the point is if you find a system that works then you can win the league with most teams and the only reason you lose games is the 'unpredictable' element you speak of but it's actually the most predictable part as it feels like it has been inserted into the game to simulate these situations.

In that I mean it's not a sequence of independent events in a game it's preordained and you can see it coming 10 mins into the match!

You can't always pick out the odd game in real life and say that explains everything, there are problems there is every year, doesn't make the game unplayable though of course!

But if you read most of the rants against the game when this type of match happens are OMG there needs to be a patch the game is unplayable!!!

I'm aware of this, but it's league wide... not just my team ;) #ItsYourTactics

Next time you're in front of your game can I get you to check out if you have the same issue?

My current save hasn't been running long enough for the stats to be really meaningful but so far:

After 26 games (I took over part way through the season) in a low rep league:

I play with a lone striker and he has been offside 44 times (Don't know how many was before I took over) so thats 1.69 per game. Next is a winger who has been offside 18 times, less than once a match.

Highest overall in the league is 60 which is 2.31 per game. Only two players average more than twice a game, 10 other players average between 1.5 & 2 a match, 20 other players between 1 & 1.5 per match, everyone else less than once a match.

In my last 5 matches the number of offsides for my team has been: 2, 1, 4, 2, 7. Thats an average of 3.2 per game for the team from a very small sample size.

Looking at the whoscored stats along with the relevant leagues in my save I would agree that the number of offsides in FM are higher than real life. Identifying why is a different matter though, worth bringing up in the bugs forum I would say if it hasn't already been.

My current save hasn't been running long enough for the stats to be really meaningful but so far:

After 26 games (I took over part way through the season) in a low rep league:

I play with a lone striker and he has been offside 44 times (Don't know how many was before I took over) so thats 1.69 per game. Next is a winger who has been offside 18 times, less than once a match.

Highest overall in the league is 60 which is 2.31 per game. Only two players average more than twice a game, 10 other players average between 1.5 & 2 a match, 20 other players between 1 & 1.5 per match, everyone else less than once a match.

In my last 5 matches the number of offsides for my team has been: 2, 1, 4, 2, 7. Thats an average of 3.2 per game for the team from a very small sample size.

Looking at the whoscored stats along with the relevant leagues in my save I would agree that the number of offsides in FM are higher than real life. Identifying why is a different matter though, worth bringing up in the bugs forum I would say if it hasn't already been.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Idk, I might start a thread, but like you said, I don't really know WHY it's occuring and how many of the offsides comes from players lining up offside on freekicks. Also I don't have .pkms to back up my statement, just an observation...

Since this is a feedback thread I will consider this my feedback to SI. :thup:

Oh I agree there is an over reaction in that sense I just get frustrated when it goes to far the other way, this aspect of the game is out of balance, I believe and needs tweaking.

I'd also say the player being unsettled before a club evens makes a bid is just as infuriating and needs addressing! But neither make the game unplayable although neither are quite right either.

Oh I agree there is an over reaction in that sense I just get frustrated when it goes to far the other way, this aspect of the game is out of balance, I believe and needs tweaking.

I'd also say the player being unsettled before a club evens makes a bid is just as infuriating and needs addressing! But neither make the game unplayable although neither are quite right either.

This is the bigger problem for me because I have heard that you can be fired if your squad harmony is bad

Hmmm. Feedback thread? Well my feedback is that the new update is so far working like a dream, loading times quicker, saving quicker. All good. :) ME? It will never be perfect full stop, I have been playing since the first Championship Manager, every year I shell out. Now I can guarantee you I find every version harder than the last, rage moments have certainly increased as I think of the heady days of winning title after title, world cups etc with previous versions, I began to think I was simply John Gregory in disguise rather than Bob Paisley!!!

BUT it dawned on me back in those days I had alot more time on my hands (and the game was simpler), now the game demands your attention and time if you are to be a successful manager, it IS a simulation. With wife, 2 kids, job its not so easy to dedicate your time to it! But that is what I love!!!! I know the answers of "its your tactics" can get the teeth grinding, but unfortunately those answers are simply correct, this is no longer a pick up and play game, it requires an investment of your time and even then you could simply be crap!! Play Classic if you want an easier experience. :) But it might just be that you are more John Gregory than Bob Paisley, keep trying and it will come good....I decided to spend a day locked away tweaking away, reading forums etc..I now have a tactic which is doing the business, it WAS MY TACTICS!!!! Not the game cheating, scripted AI etc. I had been John Gregory for the last two FM versions, raging does not describe my feelings!! But with time it can come good and if not then you know where the mirror is.......

My concern is just how much SI listen to the feedback given when it comes to losing or unrealistic results etc. For me the game is nearly spot on now (Feedback!!! :) ) I now fear the dreaded new update which will destroy my crafted tactic....:)

At least they need to tone down the amount of players that approach you with guarantees to leave based on rumors that a club wants them. While I appriciate the idea and understand where it comes from, I really don't think it happens 6-7 times a year for the average football manager in real life.

This is the bigger problem for me because I have heard that you can be fired if your squad harmony is bad

Even worse when it is your captain, destroys he dressing room and you can't talk to them afterwards either or even ask a teammate to!

Do you think i should report this? I'am playing an Europa League game and noticed there are two referees on the pitch.

It happened in the last couple of minutes of this match.

It has already been reported and SI are working on a fix for it.

Could you please remove the wage limit when I negiotate contracts for new signings and are over the wage limit set by ... the board I guess? There's absolutely no need for them to interfere when I negiotate contracts for a player that will arrive when the season is over and players with contracts worth over £100K has left the club.

As well as all that, you have the usual stuff, i lost 3-2 in a game where the only AI chances came from DFK's where the taker hit the bar each time and another player(s) mopped up the rebound(s).

I call these goals 'acts of god'. There is really no skill or tactical merit involved. The player just happens to be standing in the right spot as the ball hits the post/crossbar and magically falls at the feet of said player for a tap in.

Do you think i should report this? I'am playing an Europa League game and noticed there are two referees on the pitch.

It happened in the last couple of minutes of this match.

141207035631903920.png

There are extra officials in UEFA matches. They should be on the goal-line though.

No urgency when losing a game in the final few minutes, team more then happy to pass the ball about or back to the keeper

Yeah that is very frustrating.:(

I don't know it's just me but i'm having too many offsides in my game. Last i had 15 in a match.. Not normal..

And numbers of yellow cards is a bit low i think. Opposites doing many fouls (20-25) and only 2 yellow cards shown.

I do recall one game being extremely dodgy for me. Was winning 3-0 in the CL quarter final and 10min before time the game crashed for whatever reason. Loaded it back up, went in with the same tactics since I'd saved it just after setting everything up, and lost 3-1. Mind you I wasnt having that. I would of won if the crash hadnt happened. So I reloaded (coughgamedeserveditcough) and same tactics, lost 2-0. I went another 7 games without winning and reloading. Shouldnt happen since I was winning with said tactics and formation. So I started changing things. On the 15th reload I finally won. I lost in the semi, but thats not important. What is important is the game outright had it in for me after the crash. Infuriating x10

Is it just me, but since this update has the number of golas per game after exploding...Since this update, i've played 19 games, of which there has been

5-3 x2

5-2 x1

4-4 x1

4-3 x1

3-3 x1

3-2 x1

3-1 x3

3-0 x2

2-0 x3

2-1 x2

1-1 x3

My reserves have been involved in a number of 5-4 results of late too

Certain injuries are certainly getting frustrating. I am wondering if injuries to players down as "susceptible to injuries" is overpowered. I mean surely no one can deny this is a little OTT, even for Andy Carroll. 6 injuries since he came back from his real life one!!!!!

AndyCarroll_HistoryInjuries.png

For God's sake, correct the amount of kicks in a game. I'm playing with Atletico Mineiro the state championship Mine Gerasi - Brazil, and my team won 11-2, giving 51 kicks for goal!

These heavy defeats fully take the reality of the game, up to 5, 6 to 0 of ou7 to endure and consistent with reality!

So many "unbelievable" things happen that eventually, it renders them (and the football the game produces) predictable and boring. I like weird stuff! I'm happy the

is in the game now, I don't remember seeing it before, but my keeper was beaten from behind the halfway line twice in a half by the same bang-average player (as I expected, the keeper's match rating wasn't anything less than 6.5). It's about the numbers. I have a squad of average players in a boring drop deep, absorb pressure and counter system playing out 3-2 games as often as not. My strikers get injured, so I can put my third winger up front out of position and of course he'll score three times in three games. I expected nothing less out of the mighty Will Buckley.

I watch a lot of football. The match engine to date doesn't feel like football. It feels like a random silly event generator. If it's my tactics that's very possible and it would explain why the game is playing sensibly for some people (and I have had saves where most of the football seemed sensible, but maybe before a patch), but my tactics are very generic.

As many people have mentioned, the player interactions need some work. Last year, Wanyama came to me saying he wanted more playing time. I say okay, I will play you more soon. The next game, I put him in. In the 6th minute, he gets a red card and is suspended for 3 matches for it. I play him the next game he is available. Early on, he gives up a PK and we drop points in the end because of it. Then, the season ends. Next season is about to start and my assistant coach comes to me warning me to play him or he might go to the other players. I'm thinking what the hell, he was suspended, how am I supposed to play him? So, first game, I play him. 11th min, he gets a red card and is suspended 3 more matches. Meanwhile, the whole time he is out, Michael Bradley is playing fantastic and not allowing PKs or getting stupid red cards. So, while he is suspended, he comes to me and says I broke my promise to play him, he wants to leave. Again, it's impossible for me to play him. And why is there not an option of "I have been playing you as I said I would and you have been costing us games with your lack of discipline" or something similar. I even warned him after both reds about his conduct and fined him wages for it. So anyway, I'm so p-ed off at him at this point that I tell him where he can go. He gets p-ed, I say go train with the kids. He has the whole team come to me upset......Now here is another issue.....When you talk to players who are upset, the first thing you say makes them okay and happy. But then, when you try to end the conversation, pretty much anything you can say turns them back to neutral or upset again. So anyway, I tell them that I did what was best for the team. They say okay we understand. I say okay this has been good. They all get p-ed off again. Now my whole team which was 4-0-0 in the league is now p-ed off and is probably going to start playing like crap. I don't mind the interactions, they just need some major tweaking because it's frustrating to have your whole team get mad at you and tell you they aren't sure you are good at your job because you're playing a guy even though he keeps getting red carded almost as soon as the whistle blows as much as you can between suspensions, but his suspensions are so long that it's not enough for him. It's his own doing. Grrrr....Anyway, rant over. Please fix it haha

Certain injuries are certainly getting frustrating. I am wondering if injuries to players down as "susceptible to injuries" is overpowered. I mean surely no one can deny this is a little OTT, even for Andy Carroll. 6 injuries since he came back from his real life one!!!!!

AndyCarroll_HistoryInjuries.png

That shows a big problem. His real life injuries are all for months, 14 months out from the last 3 real life ones. In-game, all very short (which he probably additionally had in real life, but not logged in the data), totalling 12 weeks. There are not nearly enough long term injuries in FM.

That shows a big problem. His real life injuries are all for months, 14 months out from the last 3 real life ones. In-game, all very short (which he probably additionally had in real life, but not logged in the data), totalling 12 weeks. There are not nearly enough long term injuries in FM.

I'm not really seeing that. Seems the most popular length of injury in the squad I'm managing is 4-5 weeks. Do get a few shorter ones too, but seems fairly well distributed to me.

Is it just me, but since this update has the number of golas per game after exploding...Since this update, i've played 19 games, of which there has been

5-3 x2

5-2 x1

4-4 x1

4-3 x1

3-3 x1

3-2 x1

3-1 x3

3-0 x2

2-0 x3

2-1 x2

1-1 x3

My reserves have been involved in a number of 5-4 results of late too

How are the games not involving you? Sounds like your tactic is way too attacking.

I'm not really seeing that. Seems the most popular length of injury in the squad I'm managing is 4-5 weeks. Do get a few shorter ones too, but seems fairly well distributed to me.

Nearly all FM injuries are somewhere between 2-6 weeks. Very few for a few days, and very few for three + months or even years out. You can't say the most popular real life injury length is 4-5 weeks, there are absolutely masses of shorter (or niggly carried ones) IRL, with a smattering of very serious ones as well as the medium term ones. In FM they seem nearly all medium term of 2-6 weeks.

I should say, for reasons of balance and Al-Pacino-Devil's-Advocate-ness, it seems well distributed to me. I don't OCD catalogue the injuries I get, just whenever I do see the news items, they usually end up showing 4-5 weeks. I remember a few long-term injuries (6 months +) but not too many. I also remember quite a few very short term ones where the player is out for a week or so.

I'm not saying they're perfect, as there's probably a decent bit of rework needed on the injuries module, but it's closer than it has been in a while, and from a casual glance, the distribution seems OK. Should the "standard" injury be 4-5 weeks? Not sure, there's probably more learned people than me on the subject of real life injury stats.