Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Ok but you ignore the point that it doesn't just happen once or twice it happens a lot more then in real life, the balance isn't right, also the point is if you find a system that works then you can win the league with most teams and the only reason you lose games is the 'unpredictable' element you speak of but it's actually the most predictable part as it feels like it has been inserted into the game to simulate these situations.

In that I mean it's not a sequence of independent events in a game it's preordained and you can see it coming 10 mins into the match!

You can't always pick out the odd game in real life and say that explains everything, there are problems there is every year, doesn't make the game unplayable though of course!

But if you read most of the rants against the game when this type of match happens are OMG there needs to be a patch the game is unplayable!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm aware of this, but it's league wide... not just my team ;) #ItsYourTactics

Next time you're in front of your game can I get you to check out if you have the same issue?

My current save hasn't been running long enough for the stats to be really meaningful but so far:

After 26 games (I took over part way through the season) in a low rep league:

I play with a lone striker and he has been offside 44 times (Don't know how many was before I took over) so thats 1.69 per game. Next is a winger who has been offside 18 times, less than once a match.

Highest overall in the league is 60 which is 2.31 per game. Only two players average more than twice a game, 10 other players average between 1.5 & 2 a match, 20 other players between 1 & 1.5 per match, everyone else less than once a match.

In my last 5 matches the number of offsides for my team has been: 2, 1, 4, 2, 7. Thats an average of 3.2 per game for the team from a very small sample size.

Looking at the whoscored stats along with the relevant leagues in my save I would agree that the number of offsides in FM are higher than real life. Identifying why is a different matter though, worth bringing up in the bugs forum I would say if it hasn't already been.

My current save hasn't been running long enough for the stats to be really meaningful but so far:

After 26 games (I took over part way through the season) in a low rep league:

I play with a lone striker and he has been offside 44 times (Don't know how many was before I took over) so thats 1.69 per game. Next is a winger who has been offside 18 times, less than once a match.

Highest overall in the league is 60 which is 2.31 per game. Only two players average more than twice a game, 10 other players average between 1.5 & 2 a match, 20 other players between 1 & 1.5 per match, everyone else less than once a match.

In my last 5 matches the number of offsides for my team has been: 2, 1, 4, 2, 7. Thats an average of 3.2 per game for the team from a very small sample size.

Looking at the whoscored stats along with the relevant leagues in my save I would agree that the number of offsides in FM are higher than real life. Identifying why is a different matter though, worth bringing up in the bugs forum I would say if it hasn't already been.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Idk, I might start a thread, but like you said, I don't really know WHY it's occuring and how many of the offsides comes from players lining up offside on freekicks. Also I don't have .pkms to back up my statement, just an observation...

Since this is a feedback thread I will consider this my feedback to SI. :thup:

Oh I agree there is an over reaction in that sense I just get frustrated when it goes to far the other way, this aspect of the game is out of balance, I believe and needs tweaking.

I'd also say the player being unsettled before a club evens makes a bid is just as infuriating and needs addressing! But neither make the game unplayable although neither are quite right either.

Oh I agree there is an over reaction in that sense I just get frustrated when it goes to far the other way, this aspect of the game is out of balance, I believe and needs tweaking.

I'd also say the player being unsettled before a club evens makes a bid is just as infuriating and needs addressing! But neither make the game unplayable although neither are quite right either.

This is the bigger problem for me because I have heard that you can be fired if your squad harmony is bad

Hmmm. Feedback thread? Well my feedback is that the new update is so far working like a dream, loading times quicker, saving quicker. All good. :) ME? It will never be perfect full stop, I have been playing since the first Championship Manager, every year I shell out. Now I can guarantee you I find every version harder than the last, rage moments have certainly increased as I think of the heady days of winning title after title, world cups etc with previous versions, I began to think I was simply John Gregory in disguise rather than Bob Paisley!!!

BUT it dawned on me back in those days I had alot more time on my hands (and the game was simpler), now the game demands your attention and time if you are to be a successful manager, it IS a simulation. With wife, 2 kids, job its not so easy to dedicate your time to it! But that is what I love!!!! I know the answers of "its your tactics" can get the teeth grinding, but unfortunately those answers are simply correct, this is no longer a pick up and play game, it requires an investment of your time and even then you could simply be crap!! Play Classic if you want an easier experience. :) But it might just be that you are more John Gregory than Bob Paisley, keep trying and it will come good....I decided to spend a day locked away tweaking away, reading forums etc..I now have a tactic which is doing the business, it WAS MY TACTICS!!!! Not the game cheating, scripted AI etc. I had been John Gregory for the last two FM versions, raging does not describe my feelings!! But with time it can come good and if not then you know where the mirror is.......

My concern is just how much SI listen to the feedback given when it comes to losing or unrealistic results etc. For me the game is nearly spot on now (Feedback!!! :) ) I now fear the dreaded new update which will destroy my crafted tactic....:)

At least they need to tone down the amount of players that approach you with guarantees to leave based on rumors that a club wants them. While I appriciate the idea and understand where it comes from, I really don't think it happens 6-7 times a year for the average football manager in real life.

Could you please remove the wage limit when I negiotate contracts for new signings and are over the wage limit set by ... the board I guess? There's absolutely no need for them to interfere when I negiotate contracts for a player that will arrive when the season is over and players with contracts worth over £100K has left the club.

As well as all that, you have the usual stuff, i lost 3-2 in a game where the only AI chances came from DFK's where the taker hit the bar each time and another player(s) mopped up the rebound(s).

I call these goals 'acts of god'. There is really no skill or tactical merit involved. The player just happens to be standing in the right spot as the ball hits the post/crossbar and magically falls at the feet of said player for a tap in.

Do you think i should report this? I'am playing an Europa League game and noticed there are two referees on the pitch.

It happened in the last couple of minutes of this match.

141207035631903920.png

There are extra officials in UEFA matches. They should be on the goal-line though.

I do recall one game being extremely dodgy for me. Was winning 3-0 in the CL quarter final and 10min before time the game crashed for whatever reason. Loaded it back up, went in with the same tactics since I'd saved it just after setting everything up, and lost 3-1. Mind you I wasnt having that. I would of won if the crash hadnt happened. So I reloaded (coughgamedeserveditcough) and same tactics, lost 2-0. I went another 7 games without winning and reloading. Shouldnt happen since I was winning with said tactics and formation. So I started changing things. On the 15th reload I finally won. I lost in the semi, but thats not important. What is important is the game outright had it in for me after the crash. Infuriating x10

Is it just me, but since this update has the number of golas per game after exploding...Since this update, i've played 19 games, of which there has been

5-3 x2

5-2 x1

4-4 x1

4-3 x1

3-3 x1

3-2 x1

3-1 x3

3-0 x2

2-0 x3

2-1 x2

1-1 x3

My reserves have been involved in a number of 5-4 results of late too

For God's sake, correct the amount of kicks in a game. I'm playing with Atletico Mineiro the state championship Mine Gerasi - Brazil, and my team won 11-2, giving 51 kicks for goal!

These heavy defeats fully take the reality of the game, up to 5, 6 to 0 of ou7 to endure and consistent with reality!

When you mention points like this, you just have watch the Newcastle v Chelsea game yesterday and then consider how you would feel if you managed either of those teams on fm and played that match yday

. Firstly you manage Chelsea, everything is going swimmingly, you have a game against a side you should win, but before the match Nemanja Matic gets injured (injury bug) anyway you have a decent replacement in Mikel so its not too bad. Throughout the game, you dominate possession and have all the chances, yet the opposition have 3 shots on goal and score 2 goals resulting in your side losing (AI compensating and 'scripting' for your side doing well)

Or you're Newcastle, you're doing not bad and its 0-0 at HT, but your goalie who is already your 2nd choice gets injured from just kicking the ball, and he needs to be subbed (injury bug, scripting in game) anyway you bring on your 3rd choice keeper who does alright and your side goes 2-0 up, there's 10 mins to go and you're still 2-0 up against unbeaten and top of the league. Then your centre back gets sent off and concedes a free kick on the edge of the box with a rash tackle (AI scripting to help better team win) And from the resulting free kick Chelsea score. You hold on til the 90th minute, but to make matters worse there is 6 mins added time that has appeared from nowhere (AI scripting, helping the bigger team) but you manage to hang on despite the goalkeeper injuries and being down to 10 men.

That happened in real life yesterday, but if that had happened in the game people would be straight on this forum complaining of scripting and AI having the advantage, but sometimes football is unpredictable and things happen that shouldn't. I'm not saying the game is perfect because there are some bugs within the match engine, but far too many people on here throw their toys out of the pram with one or two bad results, or their side dominating games and losing, or their side picking up injuries. These things happen in real life, you can sit and watch match of the day. Or even results like Leicester 5-3 Man Utd, if that happens in-game, everyone would kick off, or if you had a newly promoted side like Leicester who started well and now can't buy a win, people would say 'the AI is against me as I was doing well' Honestly some of the comments on here are unbelievable, and the reason people watch football is because it is unpredictable and unbelievable things happen, and some people need to calm down with the criticism of the game

So many "unbelievable" things happen that eventually, it renders them (and the football the game produces) predictable and boring. I like weird stuff! I'm happy the

is in the game now, I don't remember seeing it before, but my keeper was beaten from behind the halfway line twice in a half by the same bang-average player (as I expected, the keeper's match rating wasn't anything less than 6.5). It's about the numbers. I have a squad of average players in a boring drop deep, absorb pressure and counter system playing out 3-2 games as often as not. My strikers get injured, so I can put my third winger up front out of position and of course he'll score three times in three games. I expected nothing less out of the mighty Will Buckley.

I watch a lot of football. The match engine to date doesn't feel like football. It feels like a random silly event generator. If it's my tactics that's very possible and it would explain why the game is playing sensibly for some people (and I have had saves where most of the football seemed sensible, but maybe before a patch), but my tactics are very generic.

As many people have mentioned, the player interactions need some work. Last year, Wanyama came to me saying he wanted more playing time. I say okay, I will play you more soon. The next game, I put him in. In the 6th minute, he gets a red card and is suspended for 3 matches for it. I play him the next game he is available. Early on, he gives up a PK and we drop points in the end because of it. Then, the season ends. Next season is about to start and my assistant coach comes to me warning me to play him or he might go to the other players. I'm thinking what the hell, he was suspended, how am I supposed to play him? So, first game, I play him. 11th min, he gets a red card and is suspended 3 more matches. Meanwhile, the whole time he is out, Michael Bradley is playing fantastic and not allowing PKs or getting stupid red cards. So, while he is suspended, he comes to me and says I broke my promise to play him, he wants to leave. Again, it's impossible for me to play him. And why is there not an option of "I have been playing you as I said I would and you have been costing us games with your lack of discipline" or something similar. I even warned him after both reds about his conduct and fined him wages for it. So anyway, I'm so p-ed off at him at this point that I tell him where he can go. He gets p-ed, I say go train with the kids. He has the whole team come to me upset......Now here is another issue.....When you talk to players who are upset, the first thing you say makes them okay and happy. But then, when you try to end the conversation, pretty much anything you can say turns them back to neutral or upset again. So anyway, I tell them that I did what was best for the team. They say okay we understand. I say okay this has been good. They all get p-ed off again. Now my whole team which was 4-0-0 in the league is now p-ed off and is probably going to start playing like crap. I don't mind the interactions, they just need some major tweaking because it's frustrating to have your whole team get mad at you and tell you they aren't sure you are good at your job because you're playing a guy even though he keeps getting red carded almost as soon as the whistle blows as much as you can between suspensions, but his suspensions are so long that it's not enough for him. It's his own doing. Grrrr....Anyway, rant over. Please fix it haha

Certain injuries are certainly getting frustrating. I am wondering if injuries to players down as "susceptible to injuries" is overpowered. I mean surely no one can deny this is a little OTT, even for Andy Carroll. 6 injuries since he came back from his real life one!!!!!

AndyCarroll_HistoryInjuries.png

That shows a big problem. His real life injuries are all for months, 14 months out from the last 3 real life ones. In-game, all very short (which he probably additionally had in real life, but not logged in the data), totalling 12 weeks. There are not nearly enough long term injuries in FM.

That shows a big problem. His real life injuries are all for months, 14 months out from the last 3 real life ones. In-game, all very short (which he probably additionally had in real life, but not logged in the data), totalling 12 weeks. There are not nearly enough long term injuries in FM.

I'm not really seeing that. Seems the most popular length of injury in the squad I'm managing is 4-5 weeks. Do get a few shorter ones too, but seems fairly well distributed to me.

Is it just me, but since this update has the number of golas per game after exploding...Since this update, i've played 19 games, of which there has been

5-3 x2

5-2 x1

4-4 x1

4-3 x1

3-3 x1

3-2 x1

3-1 x3

3-0 x2

2-0 x3

2-1 x2

1-1 x3

My reserves have been involved in a number of 5-4 results of late too

How are the games not involving you? Sounds like your tactic is way too attacking.

I'm not really seeing that. Seems the most popular length of injury in the squad I'm managing is 4-5 weeks. Do get a few shorter ones too, but seems fairly well distributed to me.

Nearly all FM injuries are somewhere between 2-6 weeks. Very few for a few days, and very few for three + months or even years out. You can't say the most popular real life injury length is 4-5 weeks, there are absolutely masses of shorter (or niggly carried ones) IRL, with a smattering of very serious ones as well as the medium term ones. In FM they seem nearly all medium term of 2-6 weeks.

I should say, for reasons of balance and Al-Pacino-Devil's-Advocate-ness, it seems well distributed to me. I don't OCD catalogue the injuries I get, just whenever I do see the news items, they usually end up showing 4-5 weeks. I remember a few long-term injuries (6 months +) but not too many. I also remember quite a few very short term ones where the player is out for a week or so.

I'm not saying they're perfect, as there's probably a decent bit of rework needed on the injuries module, but it's closer than it has been in a while, and from a casual glance, the distribution seems OK. Should the "standard" injury be 4-5 weeks? Not sure, there's probably more learned people than me on the subject of real life injury stats.

The problem with this particular player is that I think about three of those are whilst playing less than 45 minutes for the Youth Team trying to regain match fitness. The others are within minutes of coming on as a sub for the first team. So much for trying to bring him back slowly!!! Thus whilst the injury itself isn't for long getting him up to match fitness adds weeks to the time out. I am finding it harder in FM15 to get players who aren't playing so much to become "match fit" and I suspect if you aren't match fit I suspect you are susceptible to injuries so the balancing act seems to fine to get right. A lot of injuries I have had seem to be to players coming back from injury. Plus with these in match injuries Carroll has been brought off straight away. God only knows how much he would be out for if I had left him on so that is also frustrating they are "orange injuries" rather than "red ones" as I call them.

At the same time he is moaning about not getting much starting time, although this has improved "slightly" since the hotfix but not by much. The thing is I suspect Carroll is a full on committed player but nowhere is an option for me to say "Andy, You are coming back so take it easy in matches until fully fit" or something along those line.

I'm not saying that there is an Injury Issue per se as I haven't seen too many but I wonder if there is an over the top problem with players listed as "susceptible to injuries" as Carroll is and there doesn't seem much you can do to sort that out.

Try signing Mason from Spurs in this years release.

I had him on a season long loan and I think he managed 5 games all season, he would just get back to full fitness and then I would get a message saying he was out injured again.

I swear that guy pulls a hamstring when he takes a **** in the morning!

Hi, I just wanted to give my feedback on the new game.

First off I like a lot of the features and I feel this game has potential to be the best of the series. However I feel there are a number of things which need sorting out before I want to commit to playing a long term save. Below are the things that I really hope get sorted for the next patch.

-Too Many goals, I've run several different tests with lots of leagues running on full match detail and the goal ratio is far too high. Too many games with teams scoring 7. too many 4-3's. You just need to run a few a few leagues on full match detail and compare them to leagues not on full detail and the difference is very noticeable

-GK ratings. These dont appear to reflect how the goalkeeper has actually played in the game but rather the scoreline? Ive seen a few examples of this but not tested it thoroughly enough. However it seems there is a problem there

-Corner goals. Its very frustrating seeing a corner swung in and a player running onto it at the near post and volleying it into the goal, not even heading it?? I cant find a way to defend this properly either but it simply shouldnt happen, particularly not as regularly as it is.

-Goalkeepers dont collide with players, therefore dont foul players and as a result dont get booked or sent off. Isn't it time we saw this introduced into the game as its a common part of football? Fabianski yesterday springs to mind?

Apart from these things i think its an excellent in depth game which is really fun and addictive. I just hope the match engine is tweaked for the next patch to primarily sort out the high amount of goals as this is my primary annoyance

-amount of goals is really high

-dribbling is terrible. the players slow down to walking speed when they run with the ball.

-the name of the club being managed is not visible on the UI, unlike previous FMs

-can no longer click star rating in UI to view scout report, unlike previous FMs

-UI requires a lot of clicking twice in cases where one click was sufficient in previous games to reach desired UI location.

-set piece customisation is still not good enough because wizard does not allow all assignments to be assigned to multiple players, e.g. lurk.

-short passing does not get players to keep the ball on the ground at all times - a Keep It On The Deck instruction would not go a miss. I would love direct/long passing but kept on the ground.

-in narrow formations e.g. 4-1-3-2 narrow, when the ball is played wide by the opposition, the nearest outside midfielder of my team in the 4132 closes down correctly, but the other 2 midfielders linger in the middle and don't attempt to man mark or pick anyone up. for example, outside mid closes down, defensive mid blocks links to defense, middle mid marks any on rushing mids, and the opposite side mid should go and pick up the wide defender on his side or winger. hope that makes sense.

imPuK0u.png

how 4-1-3-2 should be in defensive situations vs onrushing 4-1-4-1 (ball carrier is the green wide player on the left). currently the MCR is too central when the ball is on the left flank, and the MCL is too central when the ball is on the right flank

red represents runs. orange lines = zonal marking/pressing, man marking is orange circle

I'm really sorry!

Here in Brazil the turnover fact technicians is very large, like that to dismiss the technician to quickly ... but I was playing a wonderful football, my team leader of the Copa Libertadores, winning every game and a cast of harmony situation I'm fired?

So is bland, this should be corrected, a technician be dmeitido need results also unsatisfactory! The problem with the cast had already been resolved, and yet I was fired and that was the reason given by the board.

Waiting for changes in a future patch!

Far too many goals, Brighton in the Championship, scored 51 and conceded 39 after 22 games, more for than any other team by a mile and only the bottom two have conceded more than me.

I'd settle for that irl right now :( suggest you mosey over to the tactics forum where they dissect these matters.

It's certainly the case that many people don't see too many goals at all, at all.

I'd settle for that irl right now :( suggest you mosey over to the tactics forum where they dissect these matters.

It's certainly the case that many people don't see too many goals at all, at all.

It's my tactics. :(;)

Tr662Xo.jpg

mxrw4fG.jpg

On a related note, has anybody second-checked the AI tactics, in particular the roles and duties in attacking formations, more specifically regarding the absence of tracking back of attack duty players in the AM stratum and beyond? I don't mind it as a feature, but in particular the new relationship possible in between AMC and FWDs would need some adjustment in Ai tactics from previous releases too. Otherwise...

Also, this is but a guess, but these kind of set piece situations happen pretty regularly both for AI matches as well as your own (which is evident on the match analysis tab by filtering a keeper's passes and look for balls played by him far out wide from his box). Probably a known issue. But if the opposition intercepts, and with the keeper being forced to kick it long (whilst frequently failing to do) that possibility is always there, they can take a free pop at an empty goal.

[video=youtube;9Y5u0fZo4Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y5u0fZo4Sw&list=UU7GXmzjFp1RPI4kRILODvFQ

There are far far too many goals as many people have said here. It isn't just a problem with tactics, it's a problem with the game.

There are not many instances in real life where there are multiple 7+ goal games in each season.

I've literally just turned my Football Manager off because of another 6-5 game... This is also happening with AI teams.

There are many good features in this game but it also is the worse release since 09 in relation to amount of bugs and the patches they will have to release.

There are far far too many goals as many people have said here. It isn't just a problem with tactics, it's a problem with the game.

There are not many instances in real life where there are multiple 7+ goal games in each season.

I've literally just turned my Football Manager off because of another 6-5 game... This is also happening with AI teams.

There are many good features in this game but it also is the worse release since 09 in relation to amount of bugs and the patches they will have to release.

So Svenc has a different version of FM15 to you?

On a related note, has anybody second-checked the AI tactics, in particular the roles and duties in attacking formations, more specifically regarding the absence of tracking back of attack duty players in the AM stratum and beyond? I don't mind it as a feature, but in particular the new relationship possible in between AMC and FWDs would need some adjustment in Ai tactics from previous releases too. Otherwise...

Well spotted, the devs have noted this too and due love and care will be applied.

So Svenc has a different version of FM15 to you?

Don't see the need in you trying to be a smart-aleck.

There clearly is a problem with the game in relation to the high amount of goals. Well done for pointing out one or two people somehow have games where there doesn't seem to be many goals. There is also a much higher amount of people complaining about the high amount of goals.

It is prevalent with human and AI and there is no point trying to deny a problem that will no doubt get fixed, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Archived