Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Just played my most thrilling game ever. Was 2-0 down in 20 mins at home to Southampton and then scored 5 goals after, then what happens? The game f****** crashes. SI you need to sort this out. Even Battlefield 4 doesn't crash this much. I hate having to repeat matches especially when they're memorable.

My game was constantly crashing since the hotfix, removed all the custom crests and logos and no crash since.

Julian Speroni approaches me with an outgoing contract and two months left of the season and wants to leave the team because he miss Argentina. Because none of the chat options are "well, I think you will survive two more months" I ignore him, which makes him ever so unhappy. He makes himself available to leave the club on a bosman ("frt"). A coulpe of weeks later he is happy again and says he wants to stay at the club. Still leaving on a bosman, though. I think you guys have some more tweaking to do on this before it's realistic.

Lately I've been wondering how many of the hundreds of thousands FM 2015 players pick the popular 4-2-3-1 basic/defensive formation (that is, the AM strata and beyond packed with players), and set them on attack duty. Not that SI aren't aware of this, but this no doubt is the source of much complaining and error. Seen someone playing into the 2020s without noticing (likely by watching highlights, text commentary or applying the "close" camera setting), and naturally, freak results would frequently occur. My first match naturally also ended in a whopping 5-6 loss, but looking at such a team's defensive shape, it isn't exactly rocket science to determine why. Depending on the AI managers' tactics, they might be affected as well, though I don't think they'd quite put all their attacking players on attack duties.

vCeZGsT.jpg

47EIJOP.jpg

(Any AMC/AMR/AML or FWD player with an attack duty plain doesn't track back much of any when the team is defending/has lost the ball. I'm all for there being plenty headroom for actually major tactical mistakes in the game, in particular as some sources of frustration/major error appear to be cut from the game, such as holding players in central midfield seemingly not being affected anymore by off the ball attacking movement PPMs/natural traits. But looking at all the feedback about extremely high scoring games and miracle comebacks p'rhaps this is a "wisdom" and consideration when setting up one's team that needs to be spread some more). The good news is that every player in that stratum and beyond very much does track back when put on support duties -- and naturally, upon regaining the ball will assume his attacking place within this very attacking formation again. Simply put though: You won't defend very well with giving up to half your team a "just stay forward and watch the other guys being outplayed" wild card in any situation.

I am pretty sure tactical misunderstanding is the reason behind a lot of people's issues in the game (as the oft-used mantra on these forums goes). It takes time and effort to master the creation of tactics, and even then you are at the whim of the footballing Gods much of the time. I am only just half way through the second season because to properly develop a tactic I like to watch matches in full to understand player interaction, and fine tune the roles to get the desired result. Many people do not want to put in such effort (which is reasonable) but then wonder why they cannot win everything all the time and blame the game (which is unreasonable). In general you do not get to be very good at a game without putting a lot of graft in to learn said game. The same is true of FM, although some people seem to believe it is a plug-and-play game similar to the FIFA series, where you can just pick 11 good players and win without caring what is going on.

The dumbest goal in the history of football in 3... 2... 1...

Ha ha. I had that the other day. Livid I was (although given my team's real life defending at the moment not entirely unexpected).

My game was constantly crashing since the hotfix, removed all the custom crests and logos and no crash since.

But surely it has to be SI's fault ;)

645 Osia's in game, year is 2022. that sounds right...

That doesn't cause a crash though.

Everytime I go to load up my game this comes up:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close, An error file has been generated in: C:\Users\Lacy/Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\crash dumps\FM 2015 v15.1.4.579096 (2014.12.06 11.11.31).dmp

Is there any way of sorting this, any help would be much appreciated

Direct free kick hits cross bar and bounces down in the six yard box. Diving keeper goes to ground and stays there.

Two or three attackers converge on the loose ball from the edge of the box.

Four or five defenders stand stationary and watch as an attacker thumps a half volley into the net.

Happens every couple of games for me. Is there something better I can be doing with setting roles whilst defending free kicks, or it it the match engine?

Just played my most thrilling game ever. Was 2-0 down in 20 mins at home to Southampton and then scored 5 goals after, then what happens? The game f****** crashes. SI you need to sort this out. Even Battlefield 4 doesn't crash this much. I hate having to repeat matches especially when they're memorable.
Wish my game had crashed after the east midlands derby in which my Derby County side were playing Nottingham Forest and were 4-1 up at half time, at one point were leading 5-1, only to draw the game 5-5(the equaliser was in the 90th minute). Just to top things off Forest then beat us to a playoff place by two points and were promoted

It crashes the immersion though

Not if you're playing in Brazil :D, don't worry I'm sure it'll get fixed, just a little patience needed.

It's not as if we don't know how it all happens now, if you can't hack it best come back in March imo.

Ha ha. I had that the other day. Livid I was (although given my team's real life defending at the moment not entirely unexpected).

Amazingly enough, a few years back Nir Davidovich of Maccabi Haifa managed something very similar:

Im three seasons into a prem save with west ham and ive just noticed in the second and third season, the fixture list is a mirror image. As in, we play all the teams home or away once, then the second half of the season is the exact same pattern with the corresponding home or away fixture.

is this supposed to be the case?

I could do without playing arsenal, man city, liverpool and chelsea back to back twice in a season tbh.

Hello, sorry if this has been said before. I notice there is no longer a red highlighted text for job adverts news. Sometimes I miss the news and am hoping you could bring it back or at least highlight the headlines yellow to make it easier to notice.

I found this screenshot and was wondering what camera angle it is. Would it be possible to watch a full match with this camera?

hYcohoa.jpg

What has happened to this game?

I've started a few saves now, my latest being Crystal Palace as i wanted to see if a certain trend continued..........which it did. :confused:

To explain i can tell you that i finished 4th with Palace in season 1, i was 21 points behind the leaders but could easily have won the title.

Its as if the game is way too easy, so to balance things out it allows the AI to score the most ridiculous goals, usually a blatant error(s) by one of my own players like a ridiculously short backpass(foot and head) or they just ignore the ball altogether, or walk straight over the ball, or stand still with the ball at their feet when easy passing options are on until the opposing player takes the ball from their feet and launches a counter.

As well as all that, you have the usual stuff, i lost 3-2 in a game where the only AI chances came from DFK's where the taker hit the bar each time and another player(s) mopped up the rebound(s). Even more frustrating when at the other end my players regularly miss from just a couple of yards out and on the few occasions the ball comes back to said player for an easy tap-in he strikes it straight at the post.

This is making the game unwatchable and largely unplayable. I understand that its ridiculous to do so well with a team like Palace which is a game breaker in itself, but the way the game manipulates matches to its own end is even worse.

I've even considered just using one of the in game formations with no individual or team instructions just to attempt to make the game play more realistically, but should i really have to do this in order to glimpse a little realism?

Going back to goals conceded, i can't tell you how many times we have conceded a penalty from an oppositions lump into the box, only on further evidence to find that it was the very first time the ball had actually been in our box in the whole game.

My City save was ruined after just one full season, as by season 2 the only games we could lose was those where we miss a hatful of simple chances and the AI luck out with freak goals, or freak defensive errors from my World Class players.

It just seems so pointless.

It just seems so pointless.

As is creating an alias account, why have you done that?

???????????????????????????????????

You have created two accounts, which isn't permitted.

I didn't get an e-mail for the first one, so i thought it hadn't worked.

Right, I'll get rid of that one then :thup:

And all these major errors came in the final few games. Could and should of been clearly out of sight. But nah, SI don't think it's fair. So the AI cheat and beat me, because it's the only way. Disgusting, really. To lose a Title is one thing, but to be constantly cheated out of it, is one thing all together.

And all these major errors came in the final few games. Could and should of been clearly out of sight. But nah, SI don't think it's fair. So the AI cheat and beat me, because it's the only way. Disgusting, really. To lose a Title is one thing, but to be constantly cheated out of it, is one thing all together.

The game is NOT SCRIPTED.

Yeah whatever mate. Guess it's just down to bad luck and coincidence, eh? Two goals ruled out wrongly for offside, goalkeeper making awful mistakes, and missing open goals all in the last few games of the League and CL? Must be my tactics though. Bugged either way.

Yeah whatever mate. Guess it's just down to bad luck and coincidence, eh? Two goals ruled out wrongly for offside, goalkeeper making awful mistakes, and missing open goals all in the last few games of the League and CL? Must be my tactics though. Bugged either way.

If it is bugged, please log some bug reports. It's annoying when you lose, but throwing your toys out of the pram usually isn't the best way of dealing with it.

Arsenal_v_Crystal_Palace_Overview_Overview.png

I'm managing Crystal Palace, i swear, i was 100 % sure even at 3-0 for me that i'll lose the game.

Gutted really, even though i changed tactics at HT, trying to hold onto it, if this isn't scripted i don't know what is.

Arsenal_v_Crystal_Palace_Overview_Overview.png

I'm managing Crystal Palace, i swear, i was 100 % sure even at 3-0 for me that i'll lose the game.

Gutted really, even though i changed tactics at HT, trying to hold onto it, if this isn't scripted i don't know what is.

I led Chelsea 3-0 after 71 minutes at Stamford Bridge in the first season of my Palace save.

Then, fluke(from 40 yards) DFK, own goal and a belter from distance, yes i lost 4-3(my first defeat from 2+ goals in front)

I have absolutely no problem losing, but losing in the same fashion when you do lose, well that's a totally different matter. Games just feel like a lottery no matter how well we play.

Pretty much like football in fact :) bet you win a few in the same fashion too, I know I do.

Pretty much like football in fact :) bet you win a few in the same fashion too, I know I do.

Hey Kriss, actually no i don't. Some games that i've won may look like i've been outplayed/outshot but that is generally not true. If i am outshot its only because the AI have so many rebounds, its not unknown for them to manage 6 shots from just 1 attack.

I've just played a game against a struggling Spurs side, we completely stopped their striker playing and he did not manage a single shot all game.......................we lost 5-4 as Spurs scored scored with EVERY single attack.

I'm very concerned that instead of the match Engine being improved the Coders are instead just plugging gaps to the point where it is becoming more and more blatant that games and results are manipulated.

Its very sad to see this game take such a path.:(

Hey Kriss, actually no i don't. Some games that i've won may look like i've been outplayed/outshot but that is generally not true. If i am outshot its only because the AI have so many rebounds, its not unknown for them to manage 6 shots from just 1 attack.

I've just played a game against a struggling Spurs side, we completely stopped their striker playing and he did not manage a single shot all game.......................we lost 5-4 as Spurs scored scored with EVERY single attack.

I'm very concerned that instead of the match Engine being improved the Coders are instead just plugging gaps to the point where it is becoming more and more blatant that games and results are manipulated.

Its very sad to see this game take such a path.:(

It would be impossible to be more wrong. Congratulations.

It would be impossible to be more wrong. Congratulations.

I don't wish to argue, so i will just say that anyone watching games in any length via 3D will clearly see the difference between the AI controlled team and the Human controlled team, its like chalk and cheese.

In all honesty its starting to look plain silly.

I don't wish to argue, so i will just say that anyone watching games in any length via 3D will clearly see the difference between the AI controlled team and the Human controlled team, its like chalk and cheese.

Not as silly as conspiracy theorists look :brock:

Some people deal with defeats well, some people don't.

Some people know how to react in games when the tide turns, some people don't.

Some people are just naff at the game and refuse to see it's them that are the problem.

You can say it. It's still completely wrong though. You can believe it or not believe it, but just so that everyone is unequivocally clear on this: There is no difference in the ME between AI controlled and user controlled inputs. What do you with that information is upto you but needless to say any feedback that is based on thinking otherwise isn't useful or indeed needed.

Ok i see what's happening here, feedback is ok as long as it isn't TOO honest or close to the truth.

You can cover it up all you want, but anyone playing the game can see its there, its blatant so not difficult to spot.

Not sure the point of this Forum if you just edit and cover up the games obvious problems?

Ok i see what's happening here, feedback is ok as long as it isn't TOO honest or close to the truth.

You can cover it up all you want, but anyone playing the game can see its there, its blatant so not difficult to spot.

Not sure the point of this Forum if you just edit and cover up the games obvious problems?

All feedback is welcome, as long as it is constructive :)

I played Civilisation V for about a week and decided it was crap because I couldn't blow up Singapore, or whatever it is you are supposed to do.

I'd researched technology, done the whole religion thing and invested in armies but I still couldn't blow them up, so the game simply must have been broken, mustn't it?

I have to be honest and say I do not deal well with defeats, I actually just took 3 steps away from my laptop as I feared for it's safety. :)

Playing against Arsenal in the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League.

The home game we win 3-1 and I am feeling pretty good about our chances.

20 minutes into the second game we are 2-0 up, so 5-1 up in the tie.

They score 2 goals before half time so 2-2, and 5-3, to be honest I am worried at half time that they could claw it back.

I make a change to the team and a little change to how we are playing, we hit the bar and the post in the first 5 minutes of the second half, my striker clean through just after but he puts it wide, I am guessing everyone can see where I am going with this.

Arsenal then score 2 30 yard strikes from 2 players that have somehow never managed to score all season, 4-2 and 5-5, they then score another and then another, 6-2 and 7-5 and I am out.

The game was not one sided, in truth we had the better chances, we just could not do much against 2 wonder goals from players that choose today in March to score their first goals of the season, also we could beat their keeper but not their goalposts.

I take it on the chin and move on but I can see why some people may get a tad aggressive when something like what just happened to me happens to them, it's just human nature.

Now if you don't mind I am going to grab the first guy that walks past my door and kick the **** out of him. :D

But scores like 4-4 at HT simply aren't real, it's impossible to see something like this in the real world, let alone top leagues. It was impossible to see in the previous versions also. Goals are scored too easily in FM15, it's like playing a bugged version of FM 14.

But scores like 4-4 at HT simply aren't real, it's impossible to see something like this in the real world, let alone top leagues. It was impossible to see in the previous versions also. Goals are scored too easily in FM15, it's like playing a bugged version of FM 14.

Well they're not scored too easily in my game as well as many others. This is my fixture list from the last season

BPd323i.jpg?1

No 4-4 in sight. If you're seeing high scorelines too often and think there is a problem you need to upload examples because as you can see from the screenshot (as well as many others) it isn't a universal problem that has a simple fix, if there indeed is a problem at all.

You keep forgetting the all important words "in my opinion" because you have issues with the game doesn't mean everybody else does.

I have 515 hours in and I can't recall a single 4-4 at half time.

It was Everton vs my Liverpool team at anfield :) I think i'll hardly forget that game, lost 4-5 in the end

You keep forgetting the all important words "in my opinion" because you have issues with the game doesn't mean everybody else does.

I have 515 hours in and I can't recall a single 4-4 at half time.

I have, but i know for me it is tactical. Why? 1) It does not happen in matches that I have no influence of tactics (AI vs AI) and 2) I tend to play highly attacking football, (board want me to) so the players go out with a "we're gonna score one more than you!" mentality, and in Kevin Keegan style are not sure of the meaning of the word defend :). So, by input I have in the game, there will be the odd team who breaks down my defence as quick as I break down there defence.

Having said all this, it has only happened on the odd occasion still.

It was Everton vs my Liverpool team at anfield :) I think i'll hardly forget that game, lost 4-5 in the end

Only one goal in the second half, obviously scripted :D