Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Point me a club in the world that the injuries "wait" to happen right after the 3rd substitution like in FM?

The team I support were so bad in the first half of a game last season, that the manager made all three subs at half time. Five minutes into the 2nd half, and we had to take one of our midfielders off injured. It happens.

You tend not to notice the hundreds of times you make three subs and DON'T get an injury afterwards, only when it does happen. It's called selective memory.

Well Well Well

Who’da thunk it ?!! We got ourselves a match engine again…whoop whoop !!

Credit where credit is due. I had begun to be think SI wouldn’t have the match engine in order for another 2 years and thought this version would go the way of its two predecessors and get canned very early in proceedings as the immersive enjoyment which this game has given over the years is just not there anymore….but…they’ve pulled it out of the fire…and how !!! To be fair beta showed more promise than last two years but regression of release version was horrific. (I guess it does show issues of balancing things and knock ons of changes and how things it can be messed up but of course it also shows what CAN be done in a few weeks to improve upon the mess upon release…still feel it should ready earlier in the yearly process of prepping and being ready for release but anyhoo this is to give praise so won’t get into that lol

It is hugely encouraging to see match engine in its current state. It is by far and away (light years even) better than any match engine since rewrite. Looking at it clinically and at a high level (ignoring users preferences for style of play/tactics etc) and it has finally got back on track to do what its supposed to do…ie simulate a game of football. This engine has definitely got back to being more balanced in terms of allowing/enabling the contrasting ways to play football ie through the middle/out wide/defensive/offensive/possession based/counter attacking play and in essence it finally feels like a game of Football Manager again and first time since the rewrite I actually look forward to getting into a long term save.

I’ve been well impressed with seeing some of the passages of play unfold by both opposition and my own team and the blockages which have been there until now at a fundamental level seem to have been improved upon vastly.

Obviously still tweaks required to improve upon this but I would say have this current engine as a roll back if things ever go horribly wrong again when trying something to balance it. Really this is a very sound basis to move forward and its really only small changes/improvements which need to be made.

- Goalkeeping animations can still, of course, be better

- Animations in general in terms of first touch/control/dribbling can be improved.

- Ice effect feels much better on this version but its complete elimination/eradication would be terrific (i do understand its quite difficult tho so probably a longer burn but if it never gets worse than is right now that would be really good)

- Players using wrong foot too readily/easily

- Player ratings were spot on on last version (this is not a big deal tho)

- Have noticed instances when play breaks down of players running to the ball like kids do ie too many gathering a group with just random scrappy kicking trying to clear it

- Remember the zoom preference when viewing match rather than having to do it every time (yes..its minor)

- Increased level of zoom out…this will help with any quirky looking animations by having a ‘futher away’ view..and also allows a better view/feel for your team/tactics as a whole and how they move reacting to on and off the ball situations and how your team moves as a unit and players move individually within this showing intelligence of their movement etc

- Continued improvement on variety of finishing…to be fair this has definitely been improved upon on this version but could still be more

- Obviously the usual things of better defensive positioning/pass selection/weight/decision making/manifestation of non physical attributes in the game etc but these are now small tweaks rather than the massive improvement it needed prior to this version and part of the process of attaining the ultimate goal of getting this engine the best it can be.

Again compliments for getting it where it currently is…massive steps taken in last update and well done to all involved.

BOOM…we gotta game of football manager again……YEAHHH !!!

It´s not selective memory, I know that it happens too, I'm just pointing that after this patch, for me at least, the in game injuries are too much! 7 games in 8, I don't think that this happens that much, but I could be wrong

It's kind of head scratching that if SI Towers are trying to mimic real life - then why are we in the press room more than we are on the training field...?

My point was that just 10 minutes in the press room really requires thousands of possible text strings to be realistic.

It´s not selective memory, I know that it happens too, I'm just pointing that after this patch, for me at least, the in game injuries are too much! 7 games in 8, I don't think that this happens that much, but I could be wrong

Maybe try and think about it being something you're doing.

A good tip I read on here the other day is to have your squad screen showing player condition, match fitness, minutes played, and (if you can fit it in), miles covered. I've now stopped using the tactics screen to pick the team unless I'm tweaking the tactic. I use the squad screen and generally try and base my selection around the fitness of the squad. My current tactic is quite an intensive one, and I was getting a lot of match injuries earlier in the season. Since I've started picking the team in this method (alongside being sensible about what happens in game), not only have the injuries drastically reduced, but I've now also got less players moaning as my squad rotation is now pretty tight as well. And none of this has come at the expense of results, as I'm sitting 2nd in the league, just a couple of points off the top.

If you use a pretty intensive tactic, I can't recommend this method highly enough.

Set yourself to be responsible for setting scouting assignments, you'll either have your DoF or Chief Scout in charge at the moment.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Right, hahaha Penny Dropped. Ok thank you so much. In that case a bit of feedback, if I have the chief scout in charge should he not be cancelling assignments that are no longer in progress (for example I still see the confederations cup from last year as an assignment) or is this due to having set that assignment to 'ongoing'? I am pretty sure I set it to 'until finish' but not a 100% sure.

Anyway thank you for your quick response :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/549766634126550917/01F295381B561B42D2BFF1A4CD123F4A4C25D675/

Quick question, so I moved into a new 25000 seater stadium at the start of the season. During the season I requested an expansion which was agreed to.

When the season ended the expansion was denied planning permission. I do remember when the message came through initially that there was also a message regarding moving to the new stadium had also beem denied, which must be an error as I am alread in the new stadium. When I checked the board page there was an extra red bar at the top stating bvuild new stadium had been cancelled. This however dissapeared when I continued.

Anyway I guess my question is did the planning permission get denied for a good reason or is it some sort of mixup etc. Just wondering because of the weird message about being denied to move into new stadium when I already am here.

Anyway I did make a seperate save from earlier when the incident occured so I am happy to send you the save file if needed.

My point was that just 10 minutes in the press room really requires thousands of possible text strings to be realistic.

So what's the solution? They'll never reach that point so is it really worth expanding in the way it's been done lately?

I think the media pre press conferences was close to perfect. Its presence was more implied instead of 'in your face' with only a single question being asked at a time. It was hardly ever an annoyance yet enough to feel like it was there.

Another quick question (sorry) Also at the same time the planned upgrade to the training and youth facilities got cancelled due to lack of funds (which makes sense as I was about 2M in the red at the end of the season) however about a week later when the champ league money came through I was in the plus by about 10m. I did not get any messages about facilities upgrade being renewed however when I look at the board page (see image above) I see that it does seem to have been resumed (not in red stating it has been cancelled). I am assuming this is a good thing and is working as intended? If so I think a message is needed stating work has resumed due to funds being available. Thanx

And again if you want me to send savegame etc I am more than happy. Keep up the good work :)

Why the bloody hell are my GKs taking free-kicks on the sideline that go straight to the opposition who then shoot from the halfway line and score? Come on.

So what's the solution? They'll never reach that point so is it really worth expanding in the way it's been done lately?

I think the media pre press conferences was close to perfect. Its presence was more implied instead of 'in your face' with only a single question being asked at a time. It was hardly ever an annoyance yet enough to feel like it was there.

The first priority has to weeding out all the anomalies that occur so far, each conversation needs to make sense even if that means truncating it.

After that it depends on how much they want to throw at in in the way of resources, I'd suggest a team that takes each individual conversational item to it's ultimate end game one by one, rather than trying to move everything on a few steps each year.

Why the bloody hell are my GKs taking free-kicks on the sideline that go straight to the opposition who then shoot from the halfway line and score? Come on.

A bug report with pkm would be appreciated, they're looking for examples of this aberration.

No idea how to do that, son. Didn't know it was a "bug". But it's very annoying and it's happened more than once.

Jesus I'm conceding a lot of volleys/half-volleys/first time shots from the edge of the penalty area. Like nine in two months. In fairness I've scored one or two as well. I'm manging Aston Villa at the moment, and my tactics usually include a DM to fill that space if possible. I'm not complaining about long shots being too accurate but it does seem like long shots while under pressure or in suboptimal conditions, like half-volleys with backs to goal, are going in far, far too often. I've conceded another as I've typed this with Wayne Routledge smashing one in from exactly the same place with a twisting half-volley. Meanwhile Gylfi Siggurdson has a run straight through my defense and his shot from basically the same spot is quite tame. Obviously that's not really indicative of anything, but it very much feels like easier chances are missed more often than harder ones.

also oh my god please never ever just put the ball out of play during a 4 on 3 counter attack on the edge of the penalty area oh my god that's frustrating :mad:

I don't care if the other guy has a broken face, or ebola, or it's England v Peru and he was struck by a paper airplane. Don't show me a highlight of a three-pass move where Charles N'Zogbia dribbles nearly the length of the pitch to set up a midfielder bursting into the box, and then show that midfielder stopping at the D to put the ball out for a throw so their striker can receive treatment.

I have bought the last 20 or so versions of FM. This is one of the worse ones. Whenever I want to go to scouting it takes ages for the player list to load, and I have a FAST computer. Even if I want to change the way I see a list, it still takes ages to reshuffle the same players. The gameplay is not realistic at all, at the point where I am seriously thinling of switching to only comentary. The saves also take ages, and...

!!!CRASHES!!! every 2nd game or so the game crushes

Seriously guys, the database is great but the programming must have been done by amateurs

Another problem, I have 20.000.000 left for transfers in my account and -50.000 for salaries, and for like 6 months I was not allowed to adjust my budget/salary. And even now that I am allowed, it is for a small summ every time

I have bought the last 20 or so versions of FM. This is one of the worse ones. Whenever I want to go to scouting it takes ages for the player list to load, and I have a FAST computer. Even if I want to change the way I see a list, it still takes ages to reshuffle the same players. The gameplay is not realistic at all, at the point where I am seriously thinling of switching to only comentary. The saves also take ages, and...

!!!CRASHES!!! every 2nd game or so the game crashes

Seriously guys, the database is great but the programming must have been done by amateurs

Another problem, I have 20.000.000 left for transfers in my account and -50.000 for salaries, and for like 6 months I was not allowed to adjust my budget/salary. And even now that I am allowed, it is for a small summ every time

EDIT. The game just crashed twice while playing the same game (re-loaded when it crushed and just crashed again)

Please report crashes in the technical issues section, they will get looked into.

As you've mention slow screen loading times I'm guessing that you're running a large game, how many leagues & players do you have loaded & what OS are you running?

Please report crashes in the technical issues section, they will get looked into.

As you've mention slow screen loading times I'm guessing that you're running a large game, how many leagues & players do you have loaded & what OS are you running?

13 nations from 5 countries, less than suggested when setting up the game. Also large database, when setting up the game got 4.5 or 5 stars

Anyone have any suggestions for getting large games to actually start? The last couple versions of FM I've had issues starting new games with any more than a couple leagues loaded. Once the actual game is started, I can add leagues without a problem and run fairly large games, but with any more than the barest minimum of players during setup, I get crashes nearly 100% of the time. A bit of googling suggests that this is a fairly common problem.

This is the worst Football Manager I have ever played. I've bought the game each year for as long as I can remember and this one is just no fun whatsoever. I'm a Celtic fan so as you can imagine my first long term save each year is with Celtic. When the beta came out I quickly started my Celtic save and quite enjoyed it. The results were pretty realistic, I qualified for the Champions League, was doing well in the league without being completely unbeatable - even was knocked out of one of the cups. Then the game updated and all of a sudden I couldn't win a match. It was frustrating as I was enjoying the save but I figured my game had just been affected by the update so I started again on 15.1.3 as Celtic and again, struggled mightily - couldn't get anything going in the league especially. I was quite excited when the new fix came out the other day and started again on 15.1.4 and once again it's just a waste of time trying to play. I can't win a game in the league, it's incredibly frustrating. Four times I was 2-0 up only to draw 2-2. I do not have time to discover a master tactic as I work Mon-Fri and just enjoy playing a few hours on the weekend. This has never been a problem on previous versions of the game but this year it's turned me off the game completely. I will give it one more go when a new patch comes out but I'm extremely disappointed with this year's version.

This is the worst Football Manager I have ever played. I've bought the game each year for as long as I can remember and this one is just no fun whatsoever. I'm a Celtic fan so as you can imagine my first long term save each year is with Celtic. When the beta came out I quickly started my Celtic save and quite enjoyed it. The results were pretty realistic, I qualified for the Champions League, was doing well in the league without being completely unbeatable - even was knocked out of one of the cups. Then the game updated and all of a sudden I couldn't win a match. It was frustrating as I was enjoying the save but I figured my game had just been affected by the update so I started again on 15.1.3 as Celtic and again, struggled mightily - couldn't get anything going in the league especially. I was quite excited when the new fix came out the other day and started again on 15.1.4 and once again it's just a waste of time trying to play. I can't win a game in the league, it's incredibly frustrating. Four times I was 2-0 up only to draw 2-2. I do not have time to discover a master tactic as I work Mon-Fri and just enjoy playing a few hours on the weekend. This has never been a problem on previous versions of the game but this year it's turned me off the game completely. I will give it one more go when a new patch comes out but I'm extremely disappointed with this year's version.

You shouldn't dislike a version of FM just because you can't win games.

Here's a tactic that should work for you: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html

Use V.11 Press for games you should win (and move the CDM position to an AM) and then use V.11 Drop for those tough games. Make sure you follow the training advice on the thread too :)

I've used a slightly customised version for my Arsenal side and scored 128 goals in the league, it's an overkill tactic when you go all out. For me that's what I find enjoyable, I usually start an FM game by making my own tactic like I did in this years Beta but I do get disillusioned when a patch comes along and makes it redudant, I usually use other people tactics from November-February if my first one is ruined and then spend time making my own when we get the final patch in February/March time :)

What's with the condescending nature?

Read this post - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157-Bug-Reporting-Guidelines - and you should be able to report it.

The silliest thing of all, is that for anybody to have Kriss as a son, they would need to be around 100 years old :)

There is a reason we have this smilie: :kriss:

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I have been in charge of the same team and have continued the save game from the BETA. I used to be asked to decide when pre-season starts. However in the last few seasons I do not get the option, Is this a bug or is it due to me now being in the top division in Spain and therefor all preseason dates are the same in this league?

- Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save

SI said this about 14.1.4 but i still see too many goals with this issue. I think SI is liar. Please a mod explain me this situtation. I wait

only PL team logos and competition logos, nothing to do with players

Downloaded data can cause crashes though. Maybe try a save without them and see how you get on, and if it's more stable, then you'll know the cause, and you can maybe try and get the logos from somewhere else. I've only had one crash in 350 hours of the game, so I don't think it's to do with the way it's programmed. A crash frequency of the one you're reporting is almost certainly down to something external interfering with the code.

Im so sick and tired of people calling it the worst FM ever just because they are losing. And this is exactly what you are doing. So childish and annoying really.

Just a quick shout to confirm the bug I reported regarding manager not being able to gain coaching badge for people who carried on the save from the beta has been resolved with latest patch 15.1.4.

Good work S.I

No idea how to do that, son. Didn't know it was a "bug". But it's very annoying and it's happened more than once.

Listen son, on the day you were born I was managing my 19 year old sons football team :D

I'm sure your parents noted that it was April fools day too ;)

- Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save

SI said this about 14.1.4 but i still see too many goals with this issue. I think SI is liar. Please a mod explain me this situtation. I wait

I appreciate English isn't your first language but do not come on here and call SI liars if you want to keep posting here.

If you have any examples of keepers not reacting properly then please post in the bugs forum with pkms as requested.

There's a whole forum devoted to crashes so seek advice there, I'm sure they'll appreciate your obviously immense knowledge of programming :)

If your board won't let you adjust your budget there's a reason, could be advance commitments (clauses etc) or something else. try looking or upload your save in the bugs forum if you think it shouldn't be happening.

Haha holy crap it was an expression, relax with the overreaction guys. Cheers btw, I'll try to upload it next time it happens.

Is there anything (within patches) that can be done for players returning from loans elsewhere with unrealistic expectations of playing. I send young players out on loan (as most will) and over the last few seasons when they have come back they are "frustrated about lack of first team football" within days of pre-season starting - either wanting to go out on loans or just wants to play

For one the season hasn't started so it seems odd but also there is no way to say you've got to play your way into the team; i.e. you've done well on loan but you can't walk into the team.

Just feels like a little glitch to me

Just point out that the ball physics when the ball hits the back of the net is not very good, one goal my team scored went in at an angle and hit the side part of the net only for it to rebound out of the net with the same trajectory that it went in, in real life the ball would curve round to the back of the net. Also the net physics could be much better when the ball hits it.

Just point out that the ball physics when the ball hits the back of the net is not very good, one goal my team scored went in at an angle and hit the side part of the net only for it to rebound out of the net with the same trajectory that it went in, in real life the ball would curve round to the back of the net. Also the net physics could be much better when the ball hits it.

It's a known issue and as silly as it sounds, getting a net to behave like a net is actually rather complicated.

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

When saving my tactics i get this once again:

4-4-2 Diamond Narrow Kop_935F4E6A-E586-462B-8781-FB49E2B9FAC6.fmf

Help how can i save my tactics? :confused:

Gah, they really need to fix this. I'm one point from the title (conference, with a team predicted to finish mid-table), and the AM suggests a team meeting to gee up the team before the fixture. I passionately tell them they're only one point away from being champions and to give it their all so the fans can enjoy the success.

18 first team players reacted badly saying that considering what was expected of them, that we should be proud of our achievements rather than overplay the importance of being champions.

WTF :mad:

Apart from the fact that telling them they should be 'proud of their achievements' wasn't even one of the options, the response doesn't make a blind bit of sense.

I can't see it hampering my chances of the title, as there's four games left, but it's another niggly thing wrong with the interaction side of the game. I hope this is sorted in a future update.

...and the very next game, I lose my first match in 10 games, with an awful performance. This really had better not cost me.

...and I scrape a home draw in the next game to clinch the league. Players just jog off at the end, no celebration, no indication of a title win. The team talk doesn't mention it either.

All these little things add to the immersion in the game, it's really disappointing to see such a backward step in this regard on this game, particularly with how first class and stable the ME has got so quickly.

...and the very next game, I lose my first match in 10 games, with an awful performance. This really had better not cost me.

You bottled it Dave !!!

I'm kidding...certainly improvement needed on interaction but at least they've got match engine going which is what needed the work

I'm kidding...certainly improvement needed on interaction but at least they've got match engine going which is what needed the work

Well yeah, but as we're continually told, different teams work on different areas of the game, there really is little excuse for how shoddy the interactions have become. I'm certainly not one to rant at the game, as most of you will know, but this is annoying me big style. You may be able to tell :p

Well yeah, but as we're continually told, different teams work on different areas of the game, there really is little excuse for how shoddy the interactions have become. I'm certainly not one to rant at the game, as most of you will know, but this is annoying me big style. You may be able to tell :p

lol there are some interesting interactions for sure...maybe they were just to distract from the engine prior to the update :)

I'd guess interactions will be resolved by last update in March

Keep fighting the fight with those players until then...sounds like you've got an unambitious crew whose temperament is questionable alright !