Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Another quick question (sorry) Also at the same time the planned upgrade to the training and youth facilities got cancelled due to lack of funds (which makes sense as I was about 2M in the red at the end of the season) however about a week later when the champ league money came through I was in the plus by about 10m. I did not get any messages about facilities upgrade being renewed however when I look at the board page (see image above) I see that it does seem to have been resumed (not in red stating it has been cancelled). I am assuming this is a good thing and is working as intended? If so I think a message is needed stating work has resumed due to funds being available. Thanx

And again if you want me to send savegame etc I am more than happy. Keep up the good work :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the solution? They'll never reach that point so is it really worth expanding in the way it's been done lately?

I think the media pre press conferences was close to perfect. Its presence was more implied instead of 'in your face' with only a single question being asked at a time. It was hardly ever an annoyance yet enough to feel like it was there.

The first priority has to weeding out all the anomalies that occur so far, each conversation needs to make sense even if that means truncating it.

After that it depends on how much they want to throw at in in the way of resources, I'd suggest a team that takes each individual conversational item to it's ultimate end game one by one, rather than trying to move everything on a few steps each year.

Why the bloody hell are my GKs taking free-kicks on the sideline that go straight to the opposition who then shoot from the halfway line and score? Come on.

A bug report with pkm would be appreciated, they're looking for examples of this aberration.

Jesus I'm conceding a lot of volleys/half-volleys/first time shots from the edge of the penalty area. Like nine in two months. In fairness I've scored one or two as well. I'm manging Aston Villa at the moment, and my tactics usually include a DM to fill that space if possible. I'm not complaining about long shots being too accurate but it does seem like long shots while under pressure or in suboptimal conditions, like half-volleys with backs to goal, are going in far, far too often. I've conceded another as I've typed this with Wayne Routledge smashing one in from exactly the same place with a twisting half-volley. Meanwhile Gylfi Siggurdson has a run straight through my defense and his shot from basically the same spot is quite tame. Obviously that's not really indicative of anything, but it very much feels like easier chances are missed more often than harder ones.

also oh my god please never ever just put the ball out of play during a 4 on 3 counter attack on the edge of the penalty area oh my god that's frustrating :mad:

I don't care if the other guy has a broken face, or ebola, or it's England v Peru and he was struck by a paper airplane. Don't show me a highlight of a three-pass move where Charles N'Zogbia dribbles nearly the length of the pitch to set up a midfielder bursting into the box, and then show that midfielder stopping at the D to put the ball out for a throw so their striker can receive treatment.

I have bought the last 20 or so versions of FM. This is one of the worse ones. Whenever I want to go to scouting it takes ages for the player list to load, and I have a FAST computer. Even if I want to change the way I see a list, it still takes ages to reshuffle the same players. The gameplay is not realistic at all, at the point where I am seriously thinling of switching to only comentary. The saves also take ages, and...

!!!CRASHES!!! every 2nd game or so the game crushes

Seriously guys, the database is great but the programming must have been done by amateurs

Another problem, I have 20.000.000 left for transfers in my account and -50.000 for salaries, and for like 6 months I was not allowed to adjust my budget/salary. And even now that I am allowed, it is for a small summ every time

I have bought the last 20 or so versions of FM. This is one of the worse ones. Whenever I want to go to scouting it takes ages for the player list to load, and I have a FAST computer. Even if I want to change the way I see a list, it still takes ages to reshuffle the same players. The gameplay is not realistic at all, at the point where I am seriously thinling of switching to only comentary. The saves also take ages, and...

!!!CRASHES!!! every 2nd game or so the game crashes

Seriously guys, the database is great but the programming must have been done by amateurs

Another problem, I have 20.000.000 left for transfers in my account and -50.000 for salaries, and for like 6 months I was not allowed to adjust my budget/salary. And even now that I am allowed, it is for a small summ every time

EDIT. The game just crashed twice while playing the same game (re-loaded when it crushed and just crashed again)

Please report crashes in the technical issues section, they will get looked into.

As you've mention slow screen loading times I'm guessing that you're running a large game, how many leagues & players do you have loaded & what OS are you running?

13 nations from 5 countries, less than suggested when setting up the game. Also large database, when setting up the game got 4.5 or 5 stars

Anyone have any suggestions for getting large games to actually start? The last couple versions of FM I've had issues starting new games with any more than a couple leagues loaded. Once the actual game is started, I can add leagues without a problem and run fairly large games, but with any more than the barest minimum of players during setup, I get crashes nearly 100% of the time. A bit of googling suggests that this is a fairly common problem.

This is the worst Football Manager I have ever played. I've bought the game each year for as long as I can remember and this one is just no fun whatsoever. I'm a Celtic fan so as you can imagine my first long term save each year is with Celtic. When the beta came out I quickly started my Celtic save and quite enjoyed it. The results were pretty realistic, I qualified for the Champions League, was doing well in the league without being completely unbeatable - even was knocked out of one of the cups. Then the game updated and all of a sudden I couldn't win a match. It was frustrating as I was enjoying the save but I figured my game had just been affected by the update so I started again on 15.1.3 as Celtic and again, struggled mightily - couldn't get anything going in the league especially. I was quite excited when the new fix came out the other day and started again on 15.1.4 and once again it's just a waste of time trying to play. I can't win a game in the league, it's incredibly frustrating. Four times I was 2-0 up only to draw 2-2. I do not have time to discover a master tactic as I work Mon-Fri and just enjoy playing a few hours on the weekend. This has never been a problem on previous versions of the game but this year it's turned me off the game completely. I will give it one more go when a new patch comes out but I'm extremely disappointed with this year's version.

This is the worst Football Manager I have ever played. I've bought the game each year for as long as I can remember and this one is just no fun whatsoever. I'm a Celtic fan so as you can imagine my first long term save each year is with Celtic. When the beta came out I quickly started my Celtic save and quite enjoyed it. The results were pretty realistic, I qualified for the Champions League, was doing well in the league without being completely unbeatable - even was knocked out of one of the cups. Then the game updated and all of a sudden I couldn't win a match. It was frustrating as I was enjoying the save but I figured my game had just been affected by the update so I started again on 15.1.3 as Celtic and again, struggled mightily - couldn't get anything going in the league especially. I was quite excited when the new fix came out the other day and started again on 15.1.4 and once again it's just a waste of time trying to play. I can't win a game in the league, it's incredibly frustrating. Four times I was 2-0 up only to draw 2-2. I do not have time to discover a master tactic as I work Mon-Fri and just enjoy playing a few hours on the weekend. This has never been a problem on previous versions of the game but this year it's turned me off the game completely. I will give it one more go when a new patch comes out but I'm extremely disappointed with this year's version.

You shouldn't dislike a version of FM just because you can't win games.

Here's a tactic that should work for you: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html

Use V.11 Press for games you should win (and move the CDM position to an AM) and then use V.11 Drop for those tough games. Make sure you follow the training advice on the thread too :)

I've used a slightly customised version for my Arsenal side and scored 128 goals in the league, it's an overkill tactic when you go all out. For me that's what I find enjoyable, I usually start an FM game by making my own tactic like I did in this years Beta but I do get disillusioned when a patch comes along and makes it redudant, I usually use other people tactics from November-February if my first one is ruined and then spend time making my own when we get the final patch in February/March time :)

No idea how to do that, son. Didn't know it was a "bug". But it's very annoying and it's happened more than once.

What's with the condescending nature?

Read this post - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157-Bug-Reporting-Guidelines - and you should be able to report it.

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I have been in charge of the same team and have continued the save game from the BETA. I used to be asked to decide when pre-season starts. However in the last few seasons I do not get the option, Is this a bug or is it due to me now being in the top division in Spain and therefor all preseason dates are the same in this league?

only PL team logos and competition logos, nothing to do with players

Downloaded data can cause crashes though. Maybe try a save without them and see how you get on, and if it's more stable, then you'll know the cause, and you can maybe try and get the logos from somewhere else. I've only had one crash in 350 hours of the game, so I don't think it's to do with the way it's programmed. A crash frequency of the one you're reporting is almost certainly down to something external interfering with the code.

Im so sick and tired of people calling it the worst FM ever just because they are losing. And this is exactly what you are doing. So childish and annoying really.

No idea how to do that, son. Didn't know it was a "bug". But it's very annoying and it's happened more than once.

Listen son, on the day you were born I was managing my 19 year old sons football team :D

I'm sure your parents noted that it was April fools day too ;)

- Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save

SI said this about 14.1.4 but i still see too many goals with this issue. I think SI is liar. Please a mod explain me this situtation. I wait

I appreciate English isn't your first language but do not come on here and call SI liars if you want to keep posting here.

If you have any examples of keepers not reacting properly then please post in the bugs forum with pkms as requested.

!!!CRASHES!!! every 2nd game or so the game crushes

There's a whole forum devoted to crashes so seek advice there, I'm sure they'll appreciate your obviously immense knowledge of programming :)

If your board won't let you adjust your budget there's a reason, could be advance commitments (clauses etc) or something else. try looking or upload your save in the bugs forum if you think it shouldn't be happening.

Is there anything (within patches) that can be done for players returning from loans elsewhere with unrealistic expectations of playing. I send young players out on loan (as most will) and over the last few seasons when they have come back they are "frustrated about lack of first team football" within days of pre-season starting - either wanting to go out on loans or just wants to play

For one the season hasn't started so it seems odd but also there is no way to say you've got to play your way into the team; i.e. you've done well on loan but you can't walk into the team.

Just feels like a little glitch to me

Just point out that the ball physics when the ball hits the back of the net is not very good, one goal my team scored went in at an angle and hit the side part of the net only for it to rebound out of the net with the same trajectory that it went in, in real life the ball would curve round to the back of the net. Also the net physics could be much better when the ball hits it.

Just point out that the ball physics when the ball hits the back of the net is not very good, one goal my team scored went in at an angle and hit the side part of the net only for it to rebound out of the net with the same trajectory that it went in, in real life the ball would curve round to the back of the net. Also the net physics could be much better when the ball hits it.

It's a known issue and as silly as it sounds, getting a net to behave like a net is actually rather complicated.

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

Gah, they really need to fix this. I'm one point from the title (conference, with a team predicted to finish mid-table), and the AM suggests a team meeting to gee up the team before the fixture. I passionately tell them they're only one point away from being champions and to give it their all so the fans can enjoy the success.

18 first team players reacted badly saying that considering what was expected of them, that we should be proud of our achievements rather than overplay the importance of being champions.

WTF :mad:

Apart from the fact that telling them they should be 'proud of their achievements' wasn't even one of the options, the response doesn't make a blind bit of sense.

I can't see it hampering my chances of the title, as there's four games left, but it's another niggly thing wrong with the interaction side of the game. I hope this is sorted in a future update.

...and I scrape a home draw in the next game to clinch the league. Players just jog off at the end, no celebration, no indication of a title win. The team talk doesn't mention it either.

All these little things add to the immersion in the game, it's really disappointing to see such a backward step in this regard on this game, particularly with how first class and stable the ME has got so quickly.

...and the very next game, I lose my first match in 10 games, with an awful performance. This really had better not cost me.

You bottled it Dave !!!

I'm kidding...certainly improvement needed on interaction but at least they've got match engine going which is what needed the work

I'm kidding...certainly improvement needed on interaction but at least they've got match engine going which is what needed the work

Well yeah, but as we're continually told, different teams work on different areas of the game, there really is little excuse for how shoddy the interactions have become. I'm certainly not one to rant at the game, as most of you will know, but this is annoying me big style. You may be able to tell :p

Well yeah, but as we're continually told, different teams work on different areas of the game, there really is little excuse for how shoddy the interactions have become. I'm certainly not one to rant at the game, as most of you will know, but this is annoying me big style. You may be able to tell :p

lol there are some interesting interactions for sure...maybe they were just to distract from the engine prior to the update :)

I'd guess interactions will be resolved by last update in March

Keep fighting the fight with those players until then...sounds like you've got an unambitious crew whose temperament is questionable alright !

There really does need to be some work done regarding player happiness/interactions. Falcao signs for Man U. 5 weeks later, after the first game of the season, he asks to leave for first team football.

In my team, Balanta is complaining that he isn't getting first team football, yet it's pre season and he's been playing.

Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe related, maybe not - I'm having trouble importing tactics that I have saved. They don't appear in the archived tactics as in previous FM versions, and in the import list there are many different versions of the tactic (presumably a new one every time I changed it and saved it?)

Have to say I am loving this edition so far, have invested a lot of time in it and it is by far and away the best edition i have played. Just want to thank you guys at SI for all the work you put in to it. One little issue i am finding is with club reputation, so I am york who have been promoted to the championship, and some players won't enter negotiations with me but then will sign for clubs a league below who are smaller like lewis mcgugan going to mansfield for example. That is my only little gripe but apart from that i am loving the new game it's more challenging as it should be and it makes building a really small club up more realistic with the problems you face.

True, but it was miles better in the last two games. It's gone considerably backwards in this game, which is disappointing. Dare I suggest they're trying to be too complex with it?

Expanded player interaction is fine, after all that's probably how it works in real life, but it has to be based on logic. At the moment, there's too much of a disparity. It's the most disappointing aspect of this year's game at the moment.

Interactions made more sense in the previous versions. However, it has always been very unrealistic that you almost never had any issues with any players in your roster, therefore making it very easy to maintain and develop a strong squad. At least right now there are issues , even though sometimes they don't make any sense :)

Yes, this needs to be looked at, but I hope SI won't revert back to every player being happy. If I am managing a small club and have success, I want a few of my top players to take their chance to move to bigger clubs and won't even be interested in listening to what I have to say. If I tell them 'we will reach your ambitions together in this club', I don't want the player to become happy. I want him to say 'great, but I can't wait that long, sorry, either let me go or I'll be upset forever'. Some players you should not be able to retain. This should depend on their character of course.

Moved here as requested

First, let me say that you guys do a great job on these games. This post is not to insult or say you suck, it's just to offer improvement suggestions to make the game even better. I buy the game every year no matter what and am hooked like the rest of the population. There are just a few issues that frustrate me that I would like to see fixed or at least debated. As this is not a technical issue because there is no problem with how the game runs, I decided to post it here. I hope this is okay.

1) The thing that has so far frustrated me most is that attacking speed seems to mean nothing. By this, I mean, in most occasions (I can not remember an occasion where this did not happen), when a player has space to exploit, they jog into it and allow the opposition to catch them and spoil the move. For example, so many times, a full back will get sucked up and in leaving space behind him for a winger. My player will play the ball down the line to that winger. That winger will have nothing between him and the byline. All he has to do is sprint full speed and throw in a cross or go to goal. However, every time that I can remember, he jogs slowly down the line until the full back or center defenders or even a holding mid can recover. At that point, then he will try to use his speed and go. However, most times it is taken from him or his cross is blocked and the move is ruined. I would like to see the players taking space much more wisely.

2) Unrealistic, almost insulting transfer offers for my players. I know you get this a lot from people with unrealistic, incredibly lofty expectations of how much their players should be bought for. This is not that case. In my career, in my first season with Southampton, I bought Alexander Dragovic for $17.25 mil. He has a very good debut season and is a key player for a team that finishes 5th in the Premier League. The following summer, AS Monaco comes in and offers me like $12.5 mil for him, most of it in installments. My club was not in debt, the player was not unsettled or transfer listed (until they offered and he decided he wanted to be paid a bunch) and his value was something like $20.5 mil. I understand if I am trying to get rid of him or we are in debt, yes maybe a club would low ball me because I might be desperate. But to offer significantly less than I paid for him just 12 months later after he had a great season makes no sense.

3) One issue that keeps happening in every game that is annoying for lack of a better word is when your team is performing below expectations and about every single player wants to have a personal conversation where they say the exact same thing and you have to assure each and every one of them that it is okay and we will be fine. Can it be fixed so that just the captain approaches or the team wants a meeting? It seems like each time I press continue, a new player is popping up and saying we are under performing. Even key players that have been out for the whole season up to that point with an injury want to complain.

4) Playing time recognition needs fixed slightly. I had a player request to start more games. I say okay. I start him in the next two games and he unleashes a nasty tackle on someone which gets him sent off and a 4 match ban. When that ban is set to end, the player comes and says I broke my promise when it was impossible for me to play him because he was suspended.

5) This one is seeming to be a real problem for me and really really gets me unusually angry. There is something wrong with offsides recognition on the game and it needs fixed because it has literally cost me two games. I know refs are not always right so I forgive close decisions. However, these were unbelievably poor. In one of them, my player sends in a cross and another player kicks it in. The ref calls offsides. I look at the replay. No players inside the box are offsides at any point in the entire play. In fact, three different defenders are keeping them onside by literally body lengths. In other words, there was significant space between the attackers and the three last defenders. It wasn't like it was kicked and the player then burst beyond the defenders with a perfectly timed run so that it looked like he might have been offsides. He didn't catch up to the defenders until the ball was there and at that point he just cut in front of the player and kicked it home. I went on to lost 4-3 and was knocked out of the FA Cup (I saved the match as proof if you want me to upload it somewhere). In the other case, it was similar, a cross went in and my player started about one body length behind the defender and jumped up and headed it in over him. The ref blew for offsides. We draw 0-0.

6) This year's addition is the first time I have had this issue and I have noticed I am not the only one with the issue. In this year's game, the goalies have no urgency. When they save a shot, they act like they just woke up from a long nights sleep and are trying to work their way out of bed. In real life, when a goalie hits the ground, he is popping up as fast as possible for the possibility of a rebound shot. In the game, he acts stunned and lays there for a second, or in the case he didn't hit the ground, he stands there frozen as the shot goes past him. It's just unrealistic

7) In the same category as goalies, I have noticed in this game that the well known/world class goalies make a lot of mistakes and miss routine saves and the goalies which I have never heard of in my life are supermen and unbeatable. Maybe it's just me. Last year, I played Tottenham and destroyed them 4-1. Hugo Lloris was absolutely dreadful, dropping balls into the goal and kicking it straight to my players. Then I play Newcastle and draw 1-1 with Rob Elliot in goal. I have 20 shots, 11 on target and he's flying all over the place saving them. I played Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup and only won 1-0 because their goalie was incredible as well. I know there was another game where a team had to player a youngster that I remember thinking "just shoot the ball because he will let one or two go in because he's terrible) but he was like super man too. I know there is a fine line because in previous games, weaker goalies were unrealistically terrible for a professional. There should be some middle ground.

8) Way too many balls hit the post. Maybe it's just me again but I swear, my team would go undefeated if the post counted as a goal. I had to have hit the post 50 times last season, I'm not exaggerating. The ball just always seems to find the post. I'm not sure why.

9) Last but not least, I would like to see the scouting of US players improve. It has slightly but it is very slow and frustrating. Mexican players are rated very well and are miles better than the US. However, in real life, the US always competes with them. I remember even when Clint Dempsey was scoring goal after goal for Fulham, his ratings were very poor. Obvious ratings that would jump out if someone just watched the players one time are missed such as Matt Besler's long throw, DeAndre Yedlin's speed, and Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed, Graham Zusi's set pieces/crossing, etc. I remember DeAndre Yedlin won rookie of the year in the MLS, then the following year's game rates him so poorly (FM14)that he is sold by Seattle to some semi-pro US team. His speed was like 12 I think? Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed until last year was like 10. You have fixed Matt Besler's throw and rated him pretty well and fixed Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed and Yedlin's speed and Zusi's set pieces/crossing but it's simple things that shouldn't take two years to figure out if they are just watched a single time. Maybe you need a designated US scout (or more of them if you have one)? Anyway, as I said, Yedlin's speed is fixed but he is still rated very poorly overall. He was one of the stand out players in the World Cup and when he came on, the US was instantly more dangerous. He shut down Eden Hazard (yes he was not too fantastic for the whole World Cup but still) and frequently got down the line and threw in a dangerous cross. I think even his current speed still isn't fast enough. He ran Eden Hazard down from behind twice but on the game, his pace is only 1 more than Hazard and his acceleration is the same. He supposedly runs a 10.1 sec 100m which is faster than a fair amount of Olympians ran the 100m in the London Olympics. His position isn't always great in real life, he's not great in the air, and sometimes he gets caught too far forward but he's extremely fast, he usually plays in a good ball, has a decent first touch and is a capable tackler who is all over the man that is running at him. He's very determined. He has a lot more potential than the game shows at least in my opinion.

Anyway, those are all the issues I have seen with this game. Like I said, I love the game and appreciate the work you guys do. These are just minor issues that would make the game even more fantastic. I still love playing it even with these minor issues. Thanks and have a good day Sports Interactive team!

Interactions made more sense in the previous versions. However, it has always been very unrealistic that you almost never had any issues with any players in your roster, therefore making it very easy to maintain and develop a strong squad. At least right now there are issues , even though sometimes they don't make any sense :)

Yes, this needs to be looked at, but I hope SI won't revert back to every player being happy. If I am managing a small club and have success, I want a few of my top players to take their chance to move to bigger clubs and won't even be interested in listening to what I have to say. If I tell them 'we will reach your ambitions together in this club', I don't want the player to become happy. I want him to say 'great, but I can't wait that long, sorry, either let me go or I'll be upset forever'. Some players you should not be able to retain. This should depend on their character of course.

Yes, I definitely agree that player interaction should be more tricky to navigate through, but it also has to make some sort of logical sense, and at the moment it's faltering badly in this regard. Must be a bit of a nightmare to program effectively though with so many different combinations and situations. One thing that would definitely improve the 'moaning because of not playing' issue is not to count missed games for players when they are at the 'orange' injury status. I would never risk playing a player until he's fully recovered, but when you look at the form page, as soon as the injury goes from red to orange, the games he doesn't play in are no longer counted as 'injured', just 'not selected', and this clearly counts towards games where the player feels he should be picked. Fix that, and it's a start.

Im in my 3rd season with Sparta Rotterdam, now in the Eredivisie. When i try to sign a Brazilian (or Colombian) player, or renew the contract of an existing Brazilian player in my team i can only offer wages of 6.5K, 7K or 7.5K. I cannot go any lower or any higher its one of those 3 choices.

Its a bit odd as i already have 3 Brazilians who i signed on free transfers who have wages of 1.6K, 1.9K and 2.3K so something has happened recently. I can offer any contract wage to European players.

Octavio's kicking off 'cos he wants a payrise but he's only on 1.6K at the moment Im sure he'd take 2K if i could offer it!! He's not having 6.5K!

Sound like a bug? Is it known?

One thing I've noticed is alot of offside goals given, from free kicks. Not direct free kicks. They are crossed in from either flank, headed in, and given offside. Rightly so, but it just seems to happen quite often.

Archived