Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

What I really meant to say was, it bothers me when people say, I'm not having this issue, so all the people who are, are obviously wrong. This is poppycock

It cuts both ways though. One can't just say "I'm conceding loads therefore defending is broken". At end of the day, when something is that split, rather than debate it, people should simply upload the evidence and let SI have a look. It'd be a lot less stressful for all concerned and a lot more useful for SI. They might be right, they might be wrong, but at least it's in the hands of those who know best. That said, anyone keeping one clean sheet in 55 (this is a reply to an earlier post) should almost certainly look at their setup, because even accounting for any possible patchy ME defending that's poor.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont get me wrong i like the new ME but keeper reaction time having saved a shot is still awful, they save it and just stand there still, letting any of their players (or sometimes mine) just slot home into the open net..

Mine seemed near enough okay for the first half of the season, but recently its getting more noticeable as I reach the seasons end so I'm wondering is the problem is made worse by jadedness? Or it's just a coincidence :p

It's definitely improved since the hotfix but it's clearly not quite fixed yet completely :)

Mine seemed near enough okay for the first half of the season, but recently its getting more noticeable as I reach the seasons end so I'm wondering is the problem is made worse by jadedness? Or it's just a coincidence :p

It's definitely improved since the hotfix but it's clearly not quite fixed yet completely :)

Not gonna lie mate i haven't seen any improvements! But other parts of the ME are great :thup:

What I really meant to say was, it bothers me when people say, I'm not having this issue, so all the people who are, are obviously wrong. This is poppycock

More so considering, the complexity of the ME, and how something simple like one change to a TI can radically change your fortunes

In another thread where I was debating something was wrong, I was told that even if it's a one in 10,000 thing, then maybe the person who reported it just happened to be that one. Thus it is possible that those conceding few goals are the minority. What I am curious about is if anyone has compared the total goals to real life? I mean play four or five seasons, add up all the goals in that particular league then add up the past four or five seasons of the same league in real life. See if there is a significant difference and if so, is it a thing of extremes or is it consistently off?

In another thread where I was debating something was wrong, I was told that even if it's a one in 10,000 thing, then maybe the person who reported it just happened to be that one. Thus it is possible that those conceding few goals are the minority. What I am curious about is if anyone has compared the total goals to real life? I mean play four or five seasons, add up all the goals in that particular league then add up the past four or five seasons of the same league in real life. See if there is a significant difference and if so, is it a thing of extremes or is it consistently off?

Real life averages also vary from one year to another, of course, but over the last few years as far as I know they are in the 2.50-2.80 range.

Currently in my game, among the active / full detail leagues, the lowest is around 2.30, the highest is around 2.90. This is over a large sample, since many leagues are active in my save. Therefore, I for one would conclude that the number of goals is spot on in this ME.

The 2.90 is the Italian Seria A, where I noticed a lot of teams are playing with no fullbacks. So, maybe having the wings more exposed combined with the crosses still being slightly overpowered (that is if they are) is the cause of this. But the total number is not out of whack. It is only slightly higher than RL.

Human managers are completely different story, with their unusualy offensive tactics creating lots of goals. This can skew the results. If your teams matches result with 4.50 goals per match for example, in a league with 18 teams you are single handedly going to increase the league's average by 0.20-0.25 goals per game. If you are playing in the Italian league, this means you may have over 3 goals per match in your division, which is becoming borderline too high.

Most of the lower leagues are not active in my save, so I don't know the situation there. However, I know that IRL the lower you go, the higher the goal count gets because of the weak defending.

Hello friends.

I was really enjoying ME latest patch 15.1.3, after this update to 15.1.4 I have noticed some "problems":

Players seem robotic: movements - ball protection, dispute for the ball are poor

The passing and dribbling are still very poor (in ME beta I saw the players kicking the ball with the outside and inside of the foot, took place with effect kicks and hard and was finding it very cool!

The free kicks after the last patch does not result in goal

The defenses still commit fails, players are in front of the attackers stop running and the attacker recovers the ball and makes the goal

- I see many shots on goal during the games think it should be improved as well as still occur many heavy defeats, unrealistic facts

I am very confident that this will be the best version of Football Manager, and wanted to make some improvements ME ideas:

- Fault near the Corner flag never had barriers, it is totally unrealistic!

- Goals dribbling the goalkeeper, bicycle or volley, as well as goldfish (like the van persie did in the World Cup should happen from time to time

- When a player is sent off players must go complain to the referee, as well as when he cancels a goal offside

- When an arbitrator is to card the player the doll representing the referee to raise the card before appearing in the narration

- When a bid is given offside, that offside line that existed in FM 12 should re-appear

- The goal of the network does not scale when the ball hits it, it could be improved

In connection with the interface think some improvements could be made: Increase optimization when we click on the profile of the players, improve compatibility for those playing in windowed mode (often appears that the game is not responding during the days go by) and my pc is very good for the game.

No major issues for me, just a couple of observations....

1.Full backs have a tendancy when running with the ball along the touchline to just run out of play with the ball.

2.In European fixtures the extra officials are actually on the pitch instead of behind the goal(happened in my last game away to CSKA).

3.A full backs initial movemant when the opposition attack the flanks is to move past his opponent when closing down.

4.It is far to easy for the opposition to close down when chasing an attacker clean through on goal.John Terry V James Wilson should be a no contest when Wilson has broke the offside trap and is bearing down on goal.

Playing in the Conference North, I'm finding the opposition are scoring incredible goals almost every game. 30 yard screamers, first time shots from outside the box, absolutely perfect free kicks. Also, conceding a lot from my goalkeeper spilling a shot and none of my defenders react to it, but the opposition are always all over it. I'm not claiming this is a bug, but it's feedback, and an observation from my current save. :)

Are there situations where players are penalised for touching the ball with their hands (whatever it's called in english) in FM 15? Haven't seen it yet even when playing full matches. But I guess it's pretty rare in real life too.

I believe you are referring to the old handball?

I saw one in my last game from an opponent at a corner kick. Perhaps they aren't very common as you say

I for one am really enjoying FM, i have a couple of quick observations, which may be tactic related but I thought I'd put them out there for discussion:

- I've had a couple of instances where either a ball over the top or a through ball is played and my player is a yard or two clear of the last man, but rather than charge on to goal they slow down and get tackled

- seen some amazing one on one close range keeper saves or defender blocks

- I for one am finding defending fine, have kept a lot of clean sheets whole season

- appears to be a skew to home teams

- ive noticed a drop off in the ability of my IFs to cut in and score

Food for thought, overall loving my save!

Injuries was one of the most talked about 'issues' recently, and that was proven not to be an issue at all.

Again not true.

Injuries themselves might average themselves out and be on par with real life over the course of a season, but I think the main issue people had, was that most of them happened in game, as opposed to in training...Which, is not exactly on par with real life..

Still..what I came here for..

When am I not going to be considered huge underdogs to Bayern??

I've won the Bundesliga 5 times in a row, the champs league twice, 3 German Cups..While Bayern's team has deteriorated, and in those 5 years they haven't won a single trophy..So yeah, when am I going to not be considered HUGE underdogs???

I can't play the game. If I continue past where I am, the save gets screwed up.

The bug has been logged since June and throughout the beta/updates. However, it hasn't been addressed yet: Linux bug.

Any news on this? My save game is now useless because of this limitation.

You'd do better to ask in the bugs forum Bobby.

Case in point. It has been noted in this thread that humans using attacking tactics are seeing very high scores throughout their league, and with AI vs AI matches. Whereas, those using defensive tactics are citing that scorelines are not a problem.

The actual issue is the vast difference in AI vs AI behaviour/simulation, in response to how the human is playing.

Whether you use attacking or defensive tactics for your own team has absolutely no bearing on the other teams in the league (except when you play them, of course). The very notion of that is utterly ridiculous. Stop trying to create issues that simply do not exist. That does no-one any favours.

Again not true.

Injuries themselves might average themselves out and be on par with real life over the course of a season, but I think the main issue people had, was that most of them happened in game, as opposed to in training...Which, is not exactly on par with real life..

And you know this how excatly? Have you studied when most injuries occur in great detail?

Besides, inuries in game are mostly dependent on how you manage your squad, and what tactics you use in-game (and for how long), in addition to simple luck. For example, in previous games, you got away with an intense pressing game for the whole 90mins. In this version, there's a far bigger risk of in-game injuries with that approach - as it should be.

Bought the game yesterday and played half a season with a team in Swedish third tier so thought I would share some impressions. Firstly, the match engine is really impressive. The animations mostly look good (the close control dribbling animation looks really awkward though, it has to be said). Ball physics have finally had a long overdue improvement which thankfully means that the ball gathering momentum from the pitch is a thing of the past. But the most important bit is how players react to the ball. It's a massive improvement from the last two versions. The defending is much more engaged and reactive, when a player gets turned there's an instant reaction and an attempt to recover, when they fail with a tackle they're straight back in there instead of freezing on the spot, lots of blocks and last ditch tackles etc. The ball feels 'loose' in the sense that passes don't feel so scripted anymore - players make good interceptions and 50/50 challenges actually seem to exist making the game a lot more unpredictable. Overall the game looks much much more like real football than any previous version.

That said there seem to be minor balance issues. Individual defending in some instances seems almost too effective, particularly in recovering and making tackles from behind. It's a fine line because you don't want defenders to go back to their birdwatching ways of 13 or 14 but it does seem like the forwards are slightly at a disadvantage there. Also the variety in finishing seems to be lacking. I don't think I've seen a single one on one scored, which sounds worse than it is because there aren't many one on ones in general and that is largely a good thing. But you'd expect some chances of this variety to be created and scored. Close range shots, both first time and more controlled seem to go towards the keepers chest slightly too often as well. The majority of goals scored in that half a season played seemed to involve some sort of set piece scramble, most frequently the keeper parrying the ball towards the attacker and then not reacting. On the other hand there were a few goals from a very realistic play that couldn't happen in previous versions.

As for the 'new' interface, there are some good parts, some bad and some outright horrible. I like the way the sidebar and header seem to be integrated together which makes it more ergonomic involving less of dragging the mouse around. On the other hand, a lot of things require more clicks than before which should frankly never happen. For instance, you have to click on the home tab to even find the menu header that includes actions like going on holiday, resigning etc whereas in the past they only required a single click to bring up a nested menu. Lots of things seem illogically hidden away from view. And whose idea was it to shuffle player attribute order as well as changing creativity to vision? Those of us who have played the game for years have developed a sort of 'muscle memory' that allows us to get a full picture of player attributes at a glance. Now it's all messed up because of one attribute in the wrong place (at least it is for me). As for the tactics screen, the only thing I really have to say is WT serious F. Apart from the visual indication of roles and duties in the form of player position on the tactics board there is not a single thing that makes sense about the changes and even that could have easily been integrated with the old style screen. Pretty much everything takes more clicks now and it all really is utterly unintuitive. Not to say you can't get used to it but it's still a baffling change.

Transfers and squad building I obviously cannot make a judgment on as of yet. Luckily I haven't encountered almost any sort of player interaction either and the media will still be dealt by the assistant so no opinion there. Touchline team talks annoy me a lot less than I expected them to, although it is frustrating that there is no indication to what the different options actually do (push forward or tighten up is a tactical instruction no? How is it now bundled in with team talks then? Does it change tactics at all or what does it even do? etc). The tracksuit and tactical roleplay thing also needs more explanation. What's the benefit of being for instance more determined as opposed to more disciplined as a manager figure? Does it even have an impact?

Overall though I'm pretty happy with this version. The match engine seems to only need a few tweaks to be set this year which is the most important part for me and the rest of the game functions well enough to be enjoyable (at least so far). Not bad, SI ;)

This however makes zero sense

eYH4FqX.jpg

That's not what I promised. It said I would have to work with the current staff, nothing about not being allowed to sign any extra, especially as it says on the boardroom screen that I'm allowed to fill the position. Can't sign another scout to ease the load on the only one I currently have which frankly is stupid.

This however makes zero sense

eYH4FqX.jpg

That's not what I promised. It said I would have to work with the current staff, nothing about not being allowed to sign any extra, especially as it says on the boardroom screen that I'm allowed to fill the position. Can't sign another scout to ease the load on the only one I currently have which frankly is stupid.

There's tons of the interactions in game that are a mess. People concentrate so much on the ME in these feedback threads, but it's this area of the game that needs far more work IMO.

Whether you use attacking or defensive tactics for your own team has absolutely no bearing on the other teams in the league (except when you play them, of course). The very notion of that is utterly ridiculous. Stop trying to create issues that simply do not exist. That does no-one any favours.

I was merely summing up what the mods have suggested and what the people arguing their side of the point has suggested.

People using defensive tactics have said scores are fine, whereas it's been suggested that high scores are due to attacking tactics.

I'm not creating issues mate, just reiterating what has already been said.

And how do YOU know, whether you chose to play defensive or attacking, isn't affecting scores throughout the league? Do you know how game works? Do you know it's how coded? It could be yet another bug, of which there have been countless over the years.

Don't be such an ignorant fool.

Surely you have to ask, why people are seeing high scorelines with attacking tactics with AI vs AI, and why they are seeing more reasonable scorelines with AI vs AI when using more conservative tactics.

It's not out of the realms of possibility for there to be a correlation here.

I haven't taken either side, which you seemed to have missed in your quest to try and prove you know more than others, merely offered both sides of an interesting debate, in attempt to prove the point the people have different experiences, are you can't simply throw a blanket over a statement and think it's the be all and end all, if you yourself aren't experiencing what others are..

And you know this how excatly? Have you studied when most injuries occur in great detail?

Besides, inuries in game are mostly dependent on how you manage your squad, and what tactics you use in-game (and for how long), in addition to simple luck. For example, in previous games, you got away with an intense pressing game for the whole 90mins. In this version, there's a far bigger risk of in-game injuries with that approach - as it should be.

Have you??

I've watched football for the last 23 years of my life, I'd imagine I've noticed some things...

Stop trying so hard to be a mod, it doesn't help anyone..

I was merely summing up what the mods have suggested and what the people arguing their side of the point has suggested.

People using defensive tactics have said scores are fine, whereas it's been suggested that high scores are due to attacking tactics.

I'm not creating issues mate, just reiterating what has already been said.

And how do YOU know, whether you chose to play defensive or attacking, isn't affecting scores throughout the league? Do you know how game works? Do you know it's how coded? It could be yet another bug, of which there have been countless over the years.

Don't be such an ignorant fool.

Ok then, the floor is yours. Please elucidate on the logic of the tactics YOU employ for your own team having an effect on matches that you have no involvement in. And try and steer it away from 'but bigger boys said it happens so it must be true'. I want to know why YOU think this is happening. And be very specific.

Surely you have to ask, why people are seeing high scorelines with attacking tactics with AI vs AI, and why they are seeing more reasonable scorelines with AI vs AI when using more conservative tactics.

Read that back to yourself. In time, you might realise how utterly ridiculous it sounds.

It's not out of the realms of possibility for there to be a correlation here.

It's outside the realms of logic. Miles outside in actual fact.

I haven't taken either side, which you seemed to have missed in your quest to try and prove you know more than others, merely offered both sides of an interesting debate, in attempt to prove the point the people have different experiences,

What experiences are YOU having? Do YOU see the goals of AI vs AI matches ramp up whenever you use another tactic in an, er, unrelated game? Again, be very specific.

Have you??

Well no, but then I'm not the one claiming that something is 'too much'.

Stop trying so hard to be a mod, it doesn't help anyone..

Trust me, I'm the last person they'd have as a mod on here.

My summation of your ramblings is that you've fallen into the most common trap on here. The feedback thread equivalent of adding 2+2 and coming up with 5. You're letting bits of other people's feedback influence you instead of concentrating on your own experience in the game.

ME looks amazing and i think the defensive problems are mostly gone now. Depending on tactics, for instance i play defensive football in premier leauge and the amount of goals in leauge is reasonable and it makes the ME realistic. Thanks a lot SI, for your incredible work. Hope that it will only get better.

There's tons of the interactions in game that are a mess. People concentrate so much on the ME in these feedback threads, but it's this area of the game that needs far more work IMO.

It needs to become an industry in its own right tbh, it has to get huge before it even begins to feel realistic.

It needs to become an industry in its own right tbh, it has to get huge before it even begins to feel realistic.

True, but it was miles better in the last two games. It's gone considerably backwards in this game, which is disappointing. Dare I suggest they're trying to be too complex with it?

Expanded player interaction is fine, after all that's probably how it works in real life, but it has to be based on logic. At the moment, there's too much of a disparity. It's the most disappointing aspect of this year's game at the moment.

Case in point. It has been noted in this thread that humans using attacking tactics are seeing very high scores throughout their league, and with AI vs AI matches. Whereas, those using defensive tactics are citing that scorelines are not a problem.

The actual issue is the vast difference in AI vs AI behaviour/simulation, in response to how the human is playing. .

Errr, correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying your tactics can affect matches in your league that you're not involved in, i.e. AI versus AI?

I'm sure SI will stick to they "statistics" in real life to not consider this a bug, but after this patch the in game injuries are getting just too much! Point me a club in the world that in 8 games have to make substitutions due to injuries in 7 games! And statistically, in real life, the injuries "wait" to happen right after the 3rd substitution like in FM?

And to be clear, I'm only complaining about in game injuries, after this patch they have been happening to me just about every game...

Point me a club in the world that the injuries "wait" to happen right after the 3rd substitution like in FM?

The team I support were so bad in the first half of a game last season, that the manager made all three subs at half time. Five minutes into the 2nd half, and we had to take one of our midfielders off injured. It happens.

You tend not to notice the hundreds of times you make three subs and DON'T get an injury afterwards, only when it does happen. It's called selective memory.

Well Well Well

Who’da thunk it ?!! We got ourselves a match engine again…whoop whoop !!

Credit where credit is due. I had begun to be think SI wouldn’t have the match engine in order for another 2 years and thought this version would go the way of its two predecessors and get canned very early in proceedings as the immersive enjoyment which this game has given over the years is just not there anymore….but…they’ve pulled it out of the fire…and how !!! To be fair beta showed more promise than last two years but regression of release version was horrific. (I guess it does show issues of balancing things and knock ons of changes and how things it can be messed up but of course it also shows what CAN be done in a few weeks to improve upon the mess upon release…still feel it should ready earlier in the yearly process of prepping and being ready for release but anyhoo this is to give praise so won’t get into that lol

It is hugely encouraging to see match engine in its current state. It is by far and away (light years even) better than any match engine since rewrite. Looking at it clinically and at a high level (ignoring users preferences for style of play/tactics etc) and it has finally got back on track to do what its supposed to do…ie simulate a game of football. This engine has definitely got back to being more balanced in terms of allowing/enabling the contrasting ways to play football ie through the middle/out wide/defensive/offensive/possession based/counter attacking play and in essence it finally feels like a game of Football Manager again and first time since the rewrite I actually look forward to getting into a long term save.

I’ve been well impressed with seeing some of the passages of play unfold by both opposition and my own team and the blockages which have been there until now at a fundamental level seem to have been improved upon vastly.

Obviously still tweaks required to improve upon this but I would say have this current engine as a roll back if things ever go horribly wrong again when trying something to balance it. Really this is a very sound basis to move forward and its really only small changes/improvements which need to be made.

- Goalkeeping animations can still, of course, be better

- Animations in general in terms of first touch/control/dribbling can be improved.

- Ice effect feels much better on this version but its complete elimination/eradication would be terrific (i do understand its quite difficult tho so probably a longer burn but if it never gets worse than is right now that would be really good)

- Players using wrong foot too readily/easily

- Player ratings were spot on on last version (this is not a big deal tho)

- Have noticed instances when play breaks down of players running to the ball like kids do ie too many gathering a group with just random scrappy kicking trying to clear it

- Remember the zoom preference when viewing match rather than having to do it every time (yes..its minor)

- Increased level of zoom out…this will help with any quirky looking animations by having a ‘futher away’ view..and also allows a better view/feel for your team/tactics as a whole and how they move reacting to on and off the ball situations and how your team moves as a unit and players move individually within this showing intelligence of their movement etc

- Continued improvement on variety of finishing…to be fair this has definitely been improved upon on this version but could still be more

- Obviously the usual things of better defensive positioning/pass selection/weight/decision making/manifestation of non physical attributes in the game etc but these are now small tweaks rather than the massive improvement it needed prior to this version and part of the process of attaining the ultimate goal of getting this engine the best it can be.

Again compliments for getting it where it currently is…massive steps taken in last update and well done to all involved.

BOOM…we gotta game of football manager again……YEAHHH !!!

It's kind of head scratching that if SI Towers are trying to mimic real life - then why are we in the press room more than we are on the training field...?

My point was that just 10 minutes in the press room really requires thousands of possible text strings to be realistic.

It´s not selective memory, I know that it happens too, I'm just pointing that after this patch, for me at least, the in game injuries are too much! 7 games in 8, I don't think that this happens that much, but I could be wrong

Maybe try and think about it being something you're doing.

A good tip I read on here the other day is to have your squad screen showing player condition, match fitness, minutes played, and (if you can fit it in), miles covered. I've now stopped using the tactics screen to pick the team unless I'm tweaking the tactic. I use the squad screen and generally try and base my selection around the fitness of the squad. My current tactic is quite an intensive one, and I was getting a lot of match injuries earlier in the season. Since I've started picking the team in this method (alongside being sensible about what happens in game), not only have the injuries drastically reduced, but I've now also got less players moaning as my squad rotation is now pretty tight as well. And none of this has come at the expense of results, as I'm sitting 2nd in the league, just a couple of points off the top.

If you use a pretty intensive tactic, I can't recommend this method highly enough.

Set yourself to be responsible for setting scouting assignments, you'll either have your DoF or Chief Scout in charge at the moment.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Right, hahaha Penny Dropped. Ok thank you so much. In that case a bit of feedback, if I have the chief scout in charge should he not be cancelling assignments that are no longer in progress (for example I still see the confederations cup from last year as an assignment) or is this due to having set that assignment to 'ongoing'? I am pretty sure I set it to 'until finish' but not a 100% sure.

Anyway thank you for your quick response :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/549766634126550917/01F295381B561B42D2BFF1A4CD123F4A4C25D675/

Quick question, so I moved into a new 25000 seater stadium at the start of the season. During the season I requested an expansion which was agreed to.

When the season ended the expansion was denied planning permission. I do remember when the message came through initially that there was also a message regarding moving to the new stadium had also beem denied, which must be an error as I am alread in the new stadium. When I checked the board page there was an extra red bar at the top stating bvuild new stadium had been cancelled. This however dissapeared when I continued.

Anyway I guess my question is did the planning permission get denied for a good reason or is it some sort of mixup etc. Just wondering because of the weird message about being denied to move into new stadium when I already am here.

Anyway I did make a seperate save from earlier when the incident occured so I am happy to send you the save file if needed.

My point was that just 10 minutes in the press room really requires thousands of possible text strings to be realistic.

So what's the solution? They'll never reach that point so is it really worth expanding in the way it's been done lately?

I think the media pre press conferences was close to perfect. Its presence was more implied instead of 'in your face' with only a single question being asked at a time. It was hardly ever an annoyance yet enough to feel like it was there.

Archived