Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue since the latest update. Since updating on the ME, about 5 seconds before a goal is scored the ME will freeze for about 2-3 seconds. While it isn't a big issue, it does take away the element of surprise. As you know that there's going to be a goal coming in a second.

1 thing that may work is going into preferences and locking the frame rate to 60, it worked for me in the past, although I have no problems this time around.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A player with 19 Acc and pace won't have anywhere near that whilst in possession. You also have to consider his mental stats. Is he confident enough to keep going effectively? Has he missed chances already? Is he on a bad run? That can all lead to him slowing up and allowing a slower defender to catch him.

If players were able to keep their pace stats whilst having the ball, you'd be back to FM12 levels of easiness with fast players simply beating every defender all the time, and scoring silly amounts of goals.

I know what you're getting at, but I don't think it's well represented in game.

I follow lower league football, and chances from pacey players latching on to through balls is relatively common. They may take too heavy a touch, run down a blind alley, or fluff the shot when in-sight. But it's rare for them to check back and refuse to take the ball on, or be caught by a lumbering centre half. These players are fast, and should be in-game, but also need to reflect their deficiencies to compensate.

The engine appears to instead artificially penalise these chances rather then play out realistically. I don't want to return to the days of; through ball to pacey striker > 1-on-1 > goal. But that doesn't mean these goals do not exist in some sphere.

I just feel the engine is covering the cracks so to speak. Rather these chances be converted or spurned similar to real life, they're instead toned down to keep scorelines in check.

Overall it feels like crafting out quality chances isn't being rewarded. It's instead a game of percentage football. Where taking opportunist pot shots or pumping balls into the box enough times will force an inevitable goal at some point. An Allardyce or John Beck wet-dream, but horrible to watch.

1 thing that may work is going into preferences and locking the frame rate to 60, it worked for me in the past, although I have no problems this time around.

It's currently set on that, although I am going to re-install my graphic card drivers due to the fact that since this update the game seems to be taking a bigger strain on my system. Especially temperature wise. Before hand I was running at anything between 40-60 degrees Celsius and now I'm hovering between 70 - 85! I seem to remember a similar issue on FM13 where if you had latest scores open the goalscorer would actually appear about 7-8 seconds before he scored the goal in your game!

Only played a few games so far, but apart from that I've been impressed with what I've seen so far.

For me all the problems of ME are interconnected.

Goalkeepers without leaving the grounds goal, leaving the open net resulting in made ridiculously goals. The many shots on goal causing many goals, totally unreal heavy defeats as well as the high number of injuries ME poor account on the ball of dispute and in the movement of the dolls.

I think the main point that needs adjustment on a patch is:

Improved positioning for submissions, the dolls body movement

Improvement in defense of goalkeepers and reduced kicks per game

Disputes ball made of different ways, and inputs and stiff only in the other ball.

And I can not forget to mention that after the patch I can not do more goals from free kicks and I think the dynamism of the very poor and unhappy ball.

Waiting with much anxiety the patch that usually leave in December :)

I can only report the problem in the state championships in Brazil, which players receive three yellow cards and no punishment simply does not happen!

And honestly, I am passionate about this game and I think the more it is optimized users will love to play!

There are two issues for pacey players in the current ME (imo). First is the lack of knocking the ball forward. You're countering, your pacey player has miles of space and what does he do? He starts dribbling with the ball close at his foot. No wonder it's easy to catch up with him! The second is how incredibly easy it seems to be for defenders to recover with their flawless sliding tackles from behind. Player beats the offside trap and has 1-2 yards of space? Defenders swoops in from behind and flawlessly executes the tackle. This makes great OTB players feel rather inefficient in this ME, as their positioning matters fairly little when it's this easy for defenders to recover.

It seems the ME sometimes goes into "crazy mode". Where you loose big no matter what your tactics and formation is. Ypi can recognice it by the players suddenly plays like "Barcelona on steroids", passing the ball so quick and accurate that it your players cant do nothing about it. Every time they shoot it is a goal. The quality of the teams doesnt matter either. I had this in my Belgium save with Mechelen. I am leading the league going into the winter break. First match after the break is against a team in the bottom. I loose 7-2. Then the next match is against rivals Lierse. We are 3-0 up from the first QF encounter in the cup (I won 3-0 awai against them in the league). We loose 7-0 and out of the cup. I play as Norway against Italy. I loose 10-0! Its crazy.

I stopped playing, loaded up anoter save and played with same tactics with that team. Won 1-0 and ok match. The loaded upe the Mechelen save and won 2-0 home to Standard(one of teh big teams).

I have read that people on the forums have had similar a similar experience. Seems like the AI is cheating in some instances because its not realistic the way it is. That suddenly every team becomes a world beater and can win 7-0 against the team top of the league.

Seems like the AI is cheating in some instances because its not realistic the way it is. That suddenly every team becomes a world beater and can win 7-0 against the team top of the league.

Sigh! the AI can't cheat it doesn't understand the concept of cheating even, only humans can cheat at FM.

The game is capable of being apparently irrational at times though, when you can record an instance of this you should save it and bug report it, that's the only way it'll ever get prevented.

Is it me or has the patch nerfed DFKs and maybe long shooting in general? I used to see occasional screamers but I haven't seen one since the patch and most attempts from distance are wild misses.

You get a house point ;) they're not entirely nerfed but will be getting some TLC.

No idea what this means, but how to do this? :D

Go to your list of scouted players and select one or multi select more than one, right click and then click remove report.

You can filter by assignment if you want to delete a particular set.

You should also have deleted your cache when the last update came out, did you? if not do it now, it might help and will do no harm. https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Very confused by the player promises. Playing as Lyon, and Gonalons came to me the summer of the 1st season, and said he wanted to move to Monaco so he could play in the Champions League. I offered him out, no takers. He said he appreciated the effort, and gave me more time to move him. Offered him out again in January, again, no takers. Two days after the winter transfer deadline, I get a message that I apparently "refused to let him move." Players ask for a team meeting, say I'm being unreasonable not letting him leave, I agree to let him go, squad morale is now poor.

What else was I supposed to do? It's not like I can force teams to bid on my player, and I wasn't asking for the moon. Gonalons is valued at 8 million euros, and I wanted 12, which considering he's a key player, team captain, and still under contract for another 18 months, seemed a fair fee. Also, we're currently tied for 2nd, while Monaco are 9th, and 20 points behind us in the table, so if Gonalons wants Champions League football that badly, his chances will be much better if he stays.

EDIT: And now I'm getting a question from a reporter: "Gonalons has been trying to force a move away, and has reacted badly to the news of a rejected bid from Monaco. How do you intend to handle this?" I CAN'T REJECT A BID THAT WAS NEVER MADE!

Very confused by the player promises. Playing as Lyon, and Gonalons came to me the summer of the 1st season, and said he wanted to move to Monaco so he could play in the Champions League. I offered him out, no takers. He said he appreciated the effort, and gave me more time to move him. Offered him out again in January, again, no takers. Two days after the winter transfer deadline, I get a message that I apparently "refused to let him move." Players ask for a team meeting, say I'm being unreasonable not letting him leave, I agree to let him go, squad morale is now poor.

What else was I supposed to do? It's not like I can force teams to bid on my player, and I wasn't asking for the moon. Gonalons is valued at 8 million euros, and I wanted 12, which considering he's a key player, team captain, and still under contract for another 18 months, seemed a fair fee. Also, we're currently tied for 2nd, while Monaco are 9th, and 20 points behind us in the table, so if Gonalons wants Champions League football that badly, his chances will be much better if he stays.

Could you create a bug report here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/451-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

C & P what you've said here and save a copy of your game at this stage just in case they ask for it.

You get a house point ;) they're not entirely nerfed but will be getting some TLC.

Feels like maybe this was a necessity since defenders often leave guys a lot of shooting space around the edge of the box. The pre-patch version had a lot of those chances being converted which may have contributed to the high scores I was frequently seeing.

I know what you're getting at, but I don't think it's well represented in game.

I follow lower league football, and chances from pacey players latching on to through balls is relatively common. They may take too heavy a touch, run down a blind alley, or fluff the shot when in-sight. But it's rare for them to check back and refuse to take the ball on, or be caught by a lumbering centre half. These players are fast, and should be in-game, but also need to reflect their deficiencies to compensate.

The engine appears to instead artificially penalise these chances rather then play out realistically. I don't want to return to the days of; through ball to pacey striker > 1-on-1 > goal. But that doesn't mean these goals do not exist in some sphere.

I just feel the engine is covering the cracks so to speak. Rather these chances be converted or spurned similar to real life, they're instead toned down to keep scorelines in check.

Overall it feels like crafting out quality chances isn't being rewarded. It's instead a game of percentage football. Where taking opportunist pot shots or pumping balls into the box enough times will force an inevitable goal at some point. An Allardyce or John Beck wet-dream, but horrible to watch.

I disagree with the part that the chances that are created in the current ME are horrible to watch. I found this ME perfectly enjoyable so far.

However, I have to agree with the part about the pacey attackers when through with the ball, slowing down and getting caught by slower defenders ALMOST every time. Very rarely I see an attacker taking a through ball somewhere at the middle of the opponent's half, dribble it all the way into the box and shoot it. These incidents certainly happen more frequently IRL. I also don't want the ME to revert back to FM12 with these through balls and one-on-ones, but currently it has been toned down a little too much. When a pacey player is wide open with plenty of space in front of him, in the game he is still dribbling the ball as if he is dribbling in traffic, like Messi style precision dribbling, instead of just kicking the ball 5-10 yards ahead of himself and running after it. This is what is missing in the ME.

Otherwise, I still see plenty of goals from through balls, that are played into the box, where the attacker who gets the ball doesn't have to dribble more than once or twice, and the conversion rate on those is spot on imo. But when they have to dribble it for anything more than 10 yard, they always get caught, which is not realistic. I hope it will be balanced better in the next update, without going all the way back to how it was in FM12.

Really? I'm still seeing a hell of a lot of long range goals. In terms of AI vs AI (Yes I'm sad and like to do scouting when my team has the odd Tuesday night off!) and games involving teams I control.

Can the playing time not count preseason friendlies? I had two different players complain about 1st team playing time in July. I have my assistant coach friendlies so I had to let one go because of it. Also, when you play them and they play dreadfully so you bench them, then they complain and you say when you gave them a chance, they didn't take it.....can they react more reasonably than basically saying I can't bench them for a handful of bad performances.......yes that's exactly why I can bench you. Otherwise I'd sign my best friends and be okay with losing ;) also had the same issue above with a player claiming I broke a promise to let him leave. He's worth $5.5mil and I have offered him all year and the only teams that will offer are EPL teams but he always fails to get a work permit (he's Brazilian). So, I even offered him for free specifically to Brazilian, Spanish, Portuguese, UAE, Guangzhou, Ukraine and Czech teams to try and find a suitor and none will offer. I can't do anymore than that! He's a good player, I wouldn't think he'd have an issue finding a team when offered for free. His wages aren't extraordinary or anything. Finally, if a player asks to leave for playing time, he shouldn't be asking me to pay a part of his wages for him to leave. He can't have his cake and eat it too! You want to leave, take the slight pay cut a hole!! Ha

Something else I'd like to see tweaked is strikers shooting from extremely tight angles instead of knocking it across the face of goal when a team mate is in a great position. All they do is whack it against the post. Even strikers with high teamwork do it.

This. A million times. Was the exact same on FM14 and it is SOOO frustrating. A lot of really easy, good teamwork goals missed because of that.

Had two young players this month (listed as hot prospect, both 18), come to me complaining that they are not being given a chance in the first team.

A) I never told them they were first team

B) They will never be good enough for my first team

C) They've been up on loan with very little interest

In my opinion, they have no right to complain to me that they are not being given a first team chance.

Its becoming repetitive.

I've only switched on FM15 even though I've had it for a while - waiting for some fixes to come out and was happy to get started. Took me about 15 minutes to find Staff Instructions so I could allow my assistant manager to take control of friendlies... Seriously couldn't find it for ages.

Tactics screen is a mess - not easy to follow at all.

The whole UI is a complete mess overall. Will try again to get used to it.

Don't have time to get into too much detail on this - but I'm sure you've heard this feedback before.

I'll try to do a more constructive post on the UI and what's wrong with it and how to fix it.

Was the request tutoring option (re)moved again? Trying to get a low determination youngster of mine tutored by Götze, but can't find the option to ask for a specific tutor anywhere.

Nvm, seems the option is still there, just not for the players I'd actually want to use it for :p

When your selling a player who earns say 60k a week to a financially weaker team, sometimes the player will only go if you agree to pay a percentage of their wages for duration of the contract. (i.e smaller club cant afford/wont pay all 60k)

Why is it when your the smaller club having agreed a transfer bid but cant afford/willing to pay the wages do the owner club not pay the difference.

Should work both ways IMO or at least ask the owner club will they sub the rest of the wages.

Keepers, goalies, Goalkeepers, don't matter, they are all dumb ones.

Solve this problem, but please, don't create the ninja keepers again, just make the actual keepers know when to rushout and to not have weak hand when the ball came in his direction. I saw keepers make outstanding diving saves and the next chance, the shot goes on his body and he accepts. And no, it's not a blunder, it happens often.

enjoying fm15. finally purchased after the latest patch. the tactics screen has at last been changed with the roles being able to be seen. better visualisation of the formation. well done.

will see how the ME plays out after a longer time. hearing that there's home team bias. will show result after 1 season of observation.

Is it me or has the patch nerfed DFKs and maybe long shooting in general? I used to see occasional screamers but I haven't seen one since the patch and most attempts from distance are wild misses.

Yeah I agree, I haven't noticed as many long range goals. Well, cept for the 55 yard ones where the keeper is miserably out of position.

When your selling a player who earns say 60k a week to a financially weaker team, sometimes the player will only go if you agree to pay a percentage of their wages for duration of the contract. (i.e smaller club cant afford/wont pay all 60k)

Why is it when your the smaller club having agreed a transfer bid but cant afford/willing to pay the wages do the owner club not pay the difference.

Should work both ways IMO or at least ask the owner club will they sub the rest of the wages.

I don't think it works that way. The player gets a salary from his next club, the salary he gets from you comes on top of that, it's not included in the weekly wages.

It's no home team bias at all IMO, no more than IRL at least.

It's modelled to be as much like real life as possible, the trouble is it can never be as specific to certain circumstances as real life is.

There really does need to be some work done regarding player happiness/interactions. Falcao signs for Man U. 5 weeks later, after the first game of the season, he asks to leave for first team football.

In my team, Balanta is complaining that he isn't getting first team football, yet it's pre season and he's been playing.

This. In preseason Januzaj asked for assurances he'd be a key player, gave him a new contract & before the first game of the season he was whinging again about the lack of first team football.

Then once the season started I got my tactics wrong and had an awful start, few deservedly whinged and I changed tactics and won my next 6 games(including a 6-0 win over Zenit & a 7-2 over Spurs). Players still whinging through that run and just had 3 requests for team meetings in a 14 day international break. Done them all, got good reactions from the majority of players then unhappy again a couple of days later while on international duty. Getting 90% green feedback from team talks before the break and the majority of my teams morale is good, with 2 okays and one poor(Lindegaard who wants to leave for a new challenge). Have I got a team of schizophrenics?

Why am i picking up so many yellow cards? I have tackle on normal (in opponent instructions) and stay on feet and so far i have picked up 12 yellows and 1 red card in four games. Seems a bit much to me.

Now iv'e just had a player booked and sent off for diving in the box :rolleyes:

You can request that in the clauses when your bidding for a player.

Why am i picking up so many yellow cards? I have tackle on normal (in opponent instructions) and stay on feet and so far i have picked up 12 yellows and 1 red card in four games. Seems a bit much to me.

Captains have an influence on the players, so if your skipper is a "dirty" player then your team will try to emulate him.

Captains have an influence on the players, so if your skipper is a "dirty" player then your team will try to emulate him.

Thanks for your reply, feel like im talking to myself on here half the time.

And i don't think that's the case here with Stevie G and Hendo with Sakho and Lovren as back-ups. None of those are known as "dirty players"

Go to your list of scouted players and select one or multi select more than one, right click and then click remove report.

You can filter by assignment if you want to delete a particular set.

You should also have deleted your cache when the last update came out, did you? if not do it now, it might help and will do no harm. https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

still not improve at all. look like I have to live with it,not a big thing.

So, after I spent 3 consecutive days, from moning to midnight to test the game, esp the new version 15.1.4.

Overall, I like the ME, but still have some issues would love to fix in the next big patch.

1. A lot of problems with goalkeepers. Still react slow after a first save, too many rebound goals. Some movements not quite right.

2. Still some unrealistic goals from corners or crosses, defenders not defend.

3. maybe a bit too much crossbar.

4. Defenders tend to close down too much in unneccessary situations, even I told them Close down less. that lead to a lot of space for opponents.

5. some scores still too high. even on highest league.

6. many of bad players movement.

but, I think, compared to FM13 and FM14, this year is still the good version and I'm enjoying it too. Just need to fix/tweak a bit more to make it the best ME.

After the new patch, ME looks significant improved, but there still are some issues, which need further action. I hope SI is aware of them, but would be very nice if somebody confirms it.

- Attacking speed without ball – already mentioned – it is not well implemented in the ME – when the forward is in space and free of any defenders he does not move enough quickly and gets caught with ease.

- Attacking speed with ball – when attacker receives the ball he firstly stops and then start moving like a turtle – it’s very annoying and practically kills the effect of the counter-attack and generally of every strategy build on quickness.

- Players are still “skating” on the pitch – they move unrealistic as they are on skating rink, not big issue, but looks unpolished.

- The attributes are pretty bad represented on the pitch – there is no real difference between players, everybody plays the same clumsy way – gifted or not – could not be spotted on the field.

Is this being worked on? "Yes" would sound very promising:) Thanks in advance!

You have to laugh sometimes.

Having won back to back promotions to League 2 (somehow), and having a job status as 'untouchable' at the end of last season, and having had a great start to life in League 2 - up to 4th after an incredible 4-0 away win at Bolton - my job status has dropped from untouchable to very secure. And the reason? Defeat to Forest in the League Cup? No. The clubs finances still being a bit on the worrying side? No.

None of that.

This.

Suy98up.png

:lol:

- Attacking speed with ball – when attacker receives the ball he firstly stops and then start moving like a turtle – it’s very annoying and practically kills the effect of the counter-attack and generally of every strategy build on quickness.

Not seeing this, it happens, naturally. But it's not as if the first touch fails and lets players down all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCuAryEsUE&list=UU7GXmzjFp1RPI4kRILODvFQ

- The attributes are pretty bad represented on the pitch – there is no real difference between players, everybody plays the same clumsy way – gifted or not – could not be spotted on the field.

I think I'm beginning to understand where this sometimes repeated stance is coming from. It isn't actually supported by any performance or the statistics that follow (most obviously in the dribblings per game stat, as it's been inflated for while -- Hazard is basically topping the dribbling charts of the EPL in every save of mine so far, accordingly to his traits and attributes). But having grown up in the era of text adventure games and management games of yore rather than the PES and FIFA games of today, I realize that the optional 3d animations of players (rather than static 2d blops) are limited. Naturally, there are only this many animations, and they cover a more basic range of visual feedback than current AAA 3d games. So whilst the librray has grown to more than 2,000 of those stored in the game's animation folder, each player's succesful or unsuccesful actions is being displayed by the same stock library of animations.

cUzahSF.jpg

Not seeing any Ronaldinho_dribbling.sia here, and no Lamps_takes_a_shot.sia either. The stand_in_wall_crotch_protect_body.sia file makes up for that though. :D Naturally that doesn't mean that attributes don't affect the actual outcome of match action, don't influence success rate or failure rate of a specific action -- and that is where the important bit lies, at least as far as the actual core mechanics of a management sim lie. Apart of that, still wondering about official feedback about some tactical things that have changed in this all of a sudden (see the thread in the tactics forum).

You have to laugh sometimes.

Having won back to back promotions to League 2 (somehow), and having a job status as 'untouchable' at the end of last season, and having had a great start to life in League 2 - up to 4th after an incredible 4-0 away win at Bolton - my job status has dropped from untouchable to very secure. And the reason? Defeat to Forest in the League Cup? No. The clubs finances still being a bit on the worrying side? No.

None of that.

This.

Suy98up.png

:lol:

I've got my fans saying although we're winning they are disappointed with the quality of football ???

WTF getting around 60-65% possession per game, averaging 3-4 goals per game, multiple shots/corners etc and defence on top all the time. I play possession quick passing 4-2-3-1 ??

So I tried to sign Lloris manually. I declared interest etc etc and he became unhappy when my bid was rejected. I got up to £25m before giving up.

Checked later on in the season (about 3 months) and he was still unhappy. I declared interest in him and he was happy again waiting for a formal bid. I went to bid for him again and noticed the option was available for my board to deal, which they duly accepted upon my request. They signed him for £20m :D

Why would they accept a bid of £5m less, 3 months down the line?

Not seeing this, it happens, naturally. But it's not as if the first touch fails and lets players down all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCuAryEsUE&list=UU7GXmzjFp1RPI4kRILODvFQ

I think I'm beginning to understand where this sometimes repeated stance is coming from. It isn't actually supported by any performance or the statistics that follow (most obviously in the dribblings per game stat, as it's been inflated for while -- Hazard is basically topping the dribbling charts of the EPL in every save of mine so far, accordingly to his traits and attributes). But having grown up in the era of text adventure games and management games of yore rather than the PES and FIFA games of today, I realize that the optional 3d animations of players (rather than static 2d blops) are limited. Naturally, there are only this many animations, and they cover a more basic range of visual feedback than current AAA 3d games. So whilst the librray has grown to more than 2,000 of those stored in the game's animation folder, each player's succesful or unsuccesful actions is being displayed by the same stock library of animations.

cUzahSF.jpg

Not seeing any Ronaldinho_dribbling.sia here, and no Lamps_takes_a_shot.sia either. The stand_in_wall_crotch_protect_body.sia file makes up for that though. :D Naturally that doesn't mean that attributes don't affect the actual outcome of match action, don't influence success rate or failure rate of a specific action -- and that is where the important bit lies, at least as far as the actual core mechanics of a management sim lie. Apart of that, still wondering about official feedback about some tactical things that have changed in this all of a sudden (see the thread in the tactics forum).

I couldn't agree more.

While I enjoy this ME, I prefer to watch it on 2d. I enjoyed FM 13 on 3D, but now i feel rather than being able to use my imagination on the 3D match engine in certain situations to enhance my own experience and make me smile due to the past simpler animations. I now feel myself having to use my imagination to ignore what I've seen on the 3D match engine. I have to think to myself 'No that isn't what happened *shuts eyes*THIS is what happened. Which trust me, isn't an easy thing to do in your head whilst you're trying to have 2 press conferences going on at the same time and you've just run out of toilet roll.

Archived