Sports Interactive Community
diddydaddydoddy

What's the most obscure team you like to manage?

I really enjoyed managing Värmbol in the Swedish Second Division in FM'13. Since I always start unemployed, I have not had the opportunity this match. I also liked managing Forward in the '09 version.

I won the Champions League with Hungarian team Budafok in FM12 and Belgian team Berchem Sport in FM10. I've also gotten AFC Hornchurch and Cambridge City to the Premier League (but never won it). Won the African Champions League with some South African team sometime as well. Currently I'm trying to get Enköping up the tiers in the Sweden.

Have been trying (and failing miserably) to guide a Welsh prem. team into the group stages of the champions league for many years now.......this year it's the turn of Rhyl.

Not sure what you guys think but going back to previous versions it seemed a fair bit easier to get obscure teams from lower reputation leagues into the latter reaches of European competition, I remember reaching the semis of the champions league with Derry city from Ireland in the 2008 version of the game but I've never come close to repeating that since.

How dare SI make the game more realistic!!?? :)

Piteå IF in the Swedish Division 1 North (Third tier in the league system)

Last year I started my biggest save with Berwick Rangers, a semi-pro 3rd Scottish tier team.

This year with the second Romanian tier team CS Balotesti(we got promoted in second season yeeeeaaaa)

Lincoln of Gibraltar. Over the course of over 63 seasons in FM14 I built them from an amateur side to the 8th most reputable side in the World (and 2nd in Europe behind Barcelona), thanks to 63 league titles, 160 cup competitions, 2 Europa Leagues and 3 Champions Leagues. All while spending like a drunken sailor impersonating Harry Redknapp. 'triffic.

Not sure what you guys think but going back to previous versions it seemed a fair bit easier to get obscure teams from lower reputation leagues into the latter reaches of European competition, I remember reaching the semis of the champions league with Derry city from Ireland in the 2008 version of the game but I've never come close to repeating that since.

How dare SI make the game more realistic!!?? :)

Very much agree. It's still quite "easy" to put it that way, meaning you can win the Champions League with a team which IRL probably never will, but it takes more work, and thats great! I remember crushing Bayern Munchen 3-0 in the CL final with the Norwegian side Lyn, and I think I had only 2-3 foreign players (was FM11 I think). I think the key difference that makes it harder (better) is that today there are no universally great tactics on FM. Yes, you can have some set-pieces instruction that can work better than others, but there are not one way to do it!

Lincoln of Gibraltar. Over the course of over 63 seasons in FM14 I built them from an amateur side to the 8th most reputable side in the World (and 2nd in Europe behind Barcelona), thanks to 63 league titles, 160 cup competitions, 2 Europa Leagues and 3 Champions Leagues. All while spending like a drunken sailor impersonating Harry Redknapp. 'triffic.

u have to show me a screenshot of this i beleive u of course but i just want to see that cause i think it would be awesome to show

Bath City in the Conference South division in England every year. Never gotten higher than League 1 before a new FM was released, and many times starting over after data updates.

Before they (Bath) were added to the game, I once got Colchester from League 2/Division 4 to Europe. Never won the PL title though.

Have been trying (and failing miserably) to guide a Welsh prem. team into the group stages of the champions league for many years now.......this year it's the turn of Rhyl.

Looks like we both share the same ambitions of our game! I've been doing this for many years and have only managed to do it once on FM12 with Newtown AFC, came to the 2nd round qualifying on FM13 and I didn't play FM14 much.

Trying again with my home town team of Newtown on FM15.

Finn Harps of the Irish First Division (second, in actuality). I dunno why, I guess just like the name and the badge. Won CL with them in FM13, reached two CL finals and lost both in FM14, and now once again I'm slowly building from scratch in FM15 (finally got my first Europa League qualification place after finishing third in 2017).

Stafford Rangers..for my sins as I live in Stafford. I'am determined to get them to the Premiership this time 8th level of the football pyramid :confused: