[FM 15.1.3] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSinorous 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Superb tactic Fuss. Probably the only tactic that works consistently well in the lower leagues for me. New save and promoted first season with East Stirlingshire.. Started season with a different tactic, switch to this when we were 3rd bottom, ended up promoted via playoffs :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Afternoon all, just a little bump to let you know I'm alive and just purchased my pre-download of FM2016+BETA access :)

Very interested to see what you come up with...

I liked the last 2 versions of this, so am going to see if I can get them working in 16 tonight. Having a control & counter version should be more than enough to get you through most games imo.

Very interested to see what you come up with...

I liked the last 2 versions of this, so am going to see if I can get them working in 16 tonight. Having a control & counter version should be more than enough to get you through most games imo.

Thanks, I haven't really tried to come up with anything during the beta, seemed pointless, but will start work this weekend!

Higher line control seems harder to get to work, as does the overly narrow tactics (which is a good thing), with the current interesting behaviour of fullbacks.

Have a feeling that patient counter based football will be received well this year, but interested to see what you think

I'd have to agree based on what I've seen so far, counter attacking and bursts of movement from the midfield area seem key, it's much more enjoyable to watch, but much much harder to control a game this year.

My initial impression is that it may be time to give up on advanced wingers and inside forwards, counter attacking quickly and from deeper seems much more secure and effective, a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 are on the cards I reckon.

I'd have to agree based on what I've seen so far, counter attacking and bursts of movement from the midfield area seem key, it's much more enjoyable to watch, but much much harder to control a game this year.

Balancing full backs attack v defence is very tricky too. If you can get them to overlap and cross you can score loads, but making them defend equally well (without compromising your attack wide midfielders) I have found a nightmare.

Wide playmaker(s) and more conservative CM's is one option. As is playing 4-1-3-2 / 4-3-1-2 and abandoning wingers altogether.

My initial impression is that it may be time to give up on advanced wingers and inside forwards, counter attacking quickly and from deeper seems much more secure and effective, a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 are on the cards I reckon.

Indeed, I've been playing around with a 4141, with supporting wide men that i change to a 4-1-3-2 when I want to crowd the middle against narrow formations. Playing a WP(s) and WM(A) on the flanks means they can usually transition well into AP or DP and CM(A).

With WP & WM you can narrow them in to release full backs overlapping too.

Just wish I could make it happen :rolleyes:

Promising! Is it the same formation as the one above? Are you scoring enough?

Nope, it's a very narrow 4-1-4-1, 2 wingers and 2 Attacking CMs surging into the box. it's very solid defensively, just comfortably held Chelsea away, but it's struggling for creativity sometimes so still some work to do.

Nope, it's a very narrow 4-1-4-1, 2 wingers and 2 Attacking CMs surging into the box. it's very solid defensively, just comfortably held Chelsea away, but it's struggling for creativity sometimes so still some work to do.

Out of interest, what role have you got your striker in?

Also, have you tried a Wide Playmaker? I've consistently had excellent performances from that role (not done so well with the other 10 though :))

I'm not a fan of play-makers, think it forces the team to play through one or two particular people and can slow the breaks and counter-attacks down...I'll give it a bash though!

At the moment the lone striker is a false 9, I may try something a little more attacking, but the possession and link up play is very nice.

I would normally agree with playmakers, but the wide ones are a bit different.

They're like a deep inside forward, but seem more aware, in one of my tests I got goals and assists by the bucket load from Stuart Dallas, and he's hardly world class

They seem to get into that position just in the penalty area when the ball is on the other flank and score from crosses from the other side. It's a good role this year.

I'd have to check with a mod if it's just player instructions or if it's like ticking the old "use a playmaker box" which forces the team to play through them....if it doesn't them I'd happily consider the role.

Just say into a mirror "cleon cleon cleon"...

I'd have to check with a mod if it's just player instructions or if it's like ticking the old "use a playmaker box" which forces the team to play through them....if it doesn't them I'd happily consider the role.

Any tme of relesea?

What's the question? Is it the playmaker one? If so you are correct and using one does force the team to play through them more and look to pass to them a lot more frequent. It's hard-coded behavior of the old 'use a playmaker' box.

What's the question? Is it the playmaker one? If so you are correct and using one does force the team to play through them more and look to pass to them a lot more frequent. It's hard-coded behavior of the old 'use a playmaker' box.

Thanks buddy, also long time no see!

Puts me off using playmaker roles at all, I think people are too naturally drawn to them as the positional settings are attractive but I don't like the affect on the team.

I'm not a huge fan of this match engine, a huge amount of closing down seems very effective (I traditionally prefer less closing down), I think SI have been catch up in all the Klopp hype this year!

Hello Mr FuSS when we can expect tacitck to be released ?

What do you know, wide playmakers are pretty handy! Points to Macca! Cant decide if I like structured or flexible best though.

Flexible I have found slightly better.

Wide Playmakers I like, Nbr 1 preference for me is a WP on one wing allowing an overlapping FB and a WM on the other with a supporting / defensive wingback behind. Should create nice variety and gives you options in terms of player recruitment.

It's another reason I like the WP, you can find plenty of good playmaking CM's and retrain to the wide position.

I can't make it work mind you, but I love the theory of it!

Flexible I have found slightly better.

Wide Playmakers I like, Nbr 1 preference for me is a WP on one wing allowing an overlapping FB and a WM on the other with a supporting / defensive wingback behind. Should create nice variety and gives you options in terms of player recruitment.

It's another reason I like the WP, you can find plenty of good playmaking CM's and retrain to the wide position.

I can't make it work mind you, but I love the theory of it!

Interestingly if I use WP's in AMR/L positions I dominate possession but struggle to score - if I move them back to MR/L I score but struggle more with possession...I think this game really favours people bursting into the box from deeper to overload the opposition area.

Hello Mr FuSS when we can expect tacitck to be released ?

Welcome back Al! A while yet buddy, still undecided on quite a few critical factors:

MR/ML vs AMR/AML

Flexible vs structured

Standard vs attacking

I'm winning nearly every game as is, but I like to understand why everything works as it does before I settle on a tactic, test fully and release.

Also is there still a swap position function and it's been hidden??

Welcome back Al! A while yet buddy, still undecided on quite a few critical factors:

MR/ML vs AMR/AML

Flexible vs structured

Standard vs attacking

I'm winning nearly every game as is, but I like to understand why everything works as it does before I settle on a tactic, test fully and release.

Also is there still a swap position function and it's been hidden??

Ty buddy it is nice to hear that you are going strong and still didnt finish it :) best of luck my friend.

Swap position is in personal instructions in between role and PIs selected.

Thanks HTC, wont be in the tactic but I like it personally :)

A couple of select people have received an early version of my tactic for testing as my time is so limited at the moment, hopefully we'll get things moving faster now!

BTW Macca, your messages are full!

Archived