Sports Interactive Community
speedy316

Which Real Life Manager are you

After a long hard thought about how i have played this game in the last few years, i have come to the conculsion that i am Football Manager's David Moyes. I am a good manager, i consistently get my teams to the top half of the table, with the occasional European run, but i havent actually won anything! My trophy cabinet is empty! Not a rant or a rave i just laughed at this fact today(shared this fact with a friend who is currently working towards his coaching badges so he can become a real life football manager, he had good laught about it too!) that my FM career is comparable to him, I start off well in the league thinking right this is gonna be my year! but by Christmas my team as run out of juice, despite winter signings i cant get the team going again and i finish about 5th - 6th. In the cups again i start well (normally because i am smashing some tiny team) but then when i come up against anyone even half good my players just decide to forget how to play and they end up on the end of hiding. Not looking for tips and tricks on how to fill my trophy cabinet as after all this i dont really care because i thought David Moyes is Football's Mr Average he is kinda good but not great and i am fine with that!

This got me thinking who can you compare yourself too in real life? Are you an Alex Ferguson tyrant, a more chilled laidback kind of manager (cant think of a manager off the top of my head who could fit that) or just an all out oddball like Paolo Di Canio

In the end i would grade my FM career since FM13 thusly B- "Good, but a little more effort required!"

Sometimes i am like Mourinho, sometimes like Brian Clough, taking helm of clubs like Newcastle or Spurs and guiding the to EPL and UCL glory :)

No doubt i'm Kevin Keegan (big Newcastle fan as well haha). The only difference is I actually win stuff, but then again he gave up to soon.

I play constant direct attacking football, regardless of the situation, I don't care how many goals I concede as long as I score 1 more. Tend to handle losing badly and my teams normally start to wilt under the pressure in the last 10 games. I could definitely do a "I would love it rant".

I'm definitely a Harry Redknapp. This quote about him sums him up effectively as well as pinpointing my managerial style at times.

"[An]improviser who could probably cook you the most brilliant meal you've ever tasted simply by hurling everything in the fridge into a massive bowl and then flambéing it over a raging fire built from every stick of furniture you own, before abruptly disappearing just as you come round, dazed and hungover, face down in the ashes of what was once your kitchen."

When I started I tried to be Brendon Rogers, hope to bring glory days back to Anfield. Then I realised I achieved much better than him - I have 7 EPL trophies, 2 CLs and 1 FA Cup in my cabinet :D

I don't really know, I suppose Brian clough i am quite close to. I do well with lower league clubs but have yet to win the FA cup :( and have won a couple of premier leagues, my fm 14 derby save if i'd had another season i'd have won the title easily all with home grown players pretty much. I also like to play football on the ground and talk to my players a lot and sometimes fall out with them.

Zdenek Zeman+Kevin Keegan tactically, with influences by Jurgen Klopp in terms of tempo and relentless pressing. Its all about creating an endless wave of attacks that never seem to stop, and from all directions, on the deck, in the air, bloody long balls by my goalie, everything. Such a tactic risk my three defenders (2 CBs and an Anchor Man) being too exposed, so relentless pressing is combined to try to counter that weakness.

In the end, ally my teams end up somewhat Bielsa-esque in terms of sheer tiredness and fatigue :D

Aidy Boothroyd/Phil Brown started out promising but always free fall down the leagues! I do enjoy the game but also very pants at it!

I'm a bit of a Brian Clough; I don't stand for messing, moan about players wanting rises, and like to rely/lean on my assistant. Also happy to sack staff on a whim. :D