Impossible to have success

Massively frustrated

Tried every formation possible

Mabaged Real Madrid, Bologna, Wolfsburg, celta Vigo

Every single season ends up same, sick of it, can't seem to even win away from home, as if real Madrid would struggle to win away for loads of games running

If I can't win a game on handheld then pc no chance

Don't see how posting 4-2-3-1 with madrid would mean getting battered every away game

Pointless

What style of football you playing, and are you using players equipped to play that style?

I'm only 1.5 seasons into my save with dirty smelly Leeds. I started out with the idea of playing short passing, pressing high up the pitch, while playing offiside rule.Every player was also given a player tactical role which suits a passing game.

This meant i needed a complete overhaul of players. Passing of no less than 15 for every player. Attackers also needed pace of no less than 15 so we could press. I didnt worry bout other skills. Obviously it would be nice to get defenders who can tackle, but the thinking is, the longer im in the job, the higher quality of player i can get.

Obviously during our first season we had very few players, if any, who fitted the bill, so results were mixed. But i used the transfer windows well and by the start of the 2nd season i had a full team of what i needed. Every player has passing over 15, with plenty of pace up front and at fullback.

We have started with something like 15 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss.

Tactics like, 442, christmas pudding, diamonds etc are not the be all and end all. I think its more important to pick a style of play and getting players to fit that way of playing.

Thanks for the reply

Yes I'm playing to strengths within formation ie if someone a winger with thumbs up at side then I set to winger

Re started AGAIN now with NEC at exact same happening again, think I'm gonna delete the game cus it's winding me up too much

Tried everything

For me this is better than fm2014, first season with Newcastle and I won the premier league and fa cup!!! Wahoo :applause: and this is without signing a single new player, and now I have 71mil budget awesome. Hope things get better for you dude.

I always use 4-4-2 Attack with pressing and short passing. I've done this for every handheld game and it always brings success. I don't think tactics matter a great deal on the handheld versions. I won the Permier League with Plymouth within seven seasons without changing a thing. I don't care what the other team is doing I'll just the same tactic. The PC one on the other hand is a different kettle of fish. Get your tactics wrong and there and you will get the sack.

I'm dipping in and out of form with Forest, I agree its harder than last years but that can only be a good thing. In the Championship it seems much more realistic for me as there isn't much in it between teams and the results for majority of clubs are showing that.

Whether its coincidence or not however I don't know!

I'm playing 4-1-2-2-1 and switch to 4-1-4-1 if trying to protect a lead, I don't like changing my systems for different teams unless there is a big jump in class (cup games mostly).

Hey maybe you are missing something like you say, dunno.

I've been playing for years but still learning new stuff as I go and as updated versions appear.

Maybe do a few challenges instead. They're fun and useful and you'll learn a lot from them. They definitely test your managerial skills.

Don't give up just yet.

Every time a new FMH comes out, there's always someone saying its too hard an unrealistic.

I would be more concerned about the fella who won the Premier League with Newcastle in his first attempt and without signing any players. That would suggest tha its too easy.

Start off with a conservative formation and tactic and let your assistant pick the players for a while. Tweak tactics as and when and I'm sure you will start seeing an improvement.

I was enjoying a career with Gateshead, doing reasonably well, won the FA trophy and was 2nd in the Conference. Then Doncaster in League One offered me a job. I should never have left Gateshead... I lost like fifteen games in a row before I got sacked, and was eventually hired by Worcester. They're awful, and I've lost my two first games there as well.

My tactic is a standard 442, all players green, nothing very weird or unusual. I'm about to give up and start over. Oh, how I miss Gateshead..

But I've been sacked 7 times now, there must be something important I am missing surely to get sack 7 times?

Tried all different formations, don't see what else I csn try just going round in circles

Love the look of the game but just annoying me now

start a save by managing Celtic, they have no real competition so you can spend the league season working out different tactics and formations, plus you have European competitions to test how your tactics will fare in better leagues. They also have quite an interesting squad, I'd definitely give it a go

Thanks for the responses

I had 2 seasons with Chelsea figure I'd pick a team where I know a lot about the players, I come 4th first season and won champs lge but felt like I cheated as was losing 2nd leg of semi and going out then got a phone call and when I went back in the game it was at the start up screen, so replayed it and won , got bored 2nd season as want to build a realistic career starting off at smaller club

Managed Verona afterwards came 16th first season then got sack in January of 2nd season In 19th place

Observations I've made are :

Very hard to win away from home especially with a smaller club

Lots of opposition pens

Lots of disalowed goals

I think I change tactics too much when smaller club and end up really defensive style struggle to score

I feel your frustration. If you like, i can give you the "formel" to achieve success on FMH 15. But be aware, there is no such thing as 1 super formation u can rule and win everything with and u will have to put in an effort to achieve thropys.

Adaptation is the key, in real life and on FMH/games now days. So, would you like me to tell you the formel?

I don't believe that there is a one size fits all succesful formation

I have tried a Verona career 6 times now, trying different formations player roles etc and I can't get anywhere

The amount of pens I concede is nothing short of a joke, I have tried many tips on here , some guy gave 4-3-3 with player roles and I'd already tried that yet he claimed it was guaranteed to work

• 3 weeks later...
Massively frustrated

Tried every formation possible

Mabaged Real Madrid, Bologna, Wolfsburg, celta Vigo

Every single season ends up same, sick of it, can't seem to even win away from home, as if real Madrid would struggle to win away for loads of games running

If I can't win a game on handheld then pc no chance

Don't see how posting 4-2-3-1 with madrid would mean getting battered every away game

Pointless

To me there are tonnes of variables that are going to help you win a match/league/cup. If for example your team's morale is all set at okay, and you're away from home, I dont think it really matters if you are on paper better than the home side, if their morale is stronger than yours you've a good chance of getting beat.

Then fitness and conditioning comes into play. Then there is team dynamic, which players like playing together? Which players think you are a good coach? Have you got your best actual 11 on the field in the best possible formation? Are they gelled, i.e. have they been playing consistently in their favoured position? Are you choosing the player roles with the thumbs up? Have you even set your tactics?

Pick Porto, play a 442 attacking, manage the team okay and you will get success. I have 30+ goals from both Jackson Martinez and Vincent Aboubakar and it's still January in my game. Saying that, I even crashed out of Champions league. The game is difficult to play. Everything has to be 100% close to perfection as possible to gain success.

I agree the game is difficult, but it's supposed to be. You have to pay attention to all the details, inc. training, finances, board confidence. It's about the whole lot. Being consistent with a tactic is also important. Though I do believe in rotation. Not for the sake of it, but you can rotate players, bring others in and still maintain a winning run. Good luck.

Archived