Sports Interactive Community
Mr U Rosler

'Unto The Breach v2' - West Brom 76 points, 2nd in Premier League - Original Squad

This tactic has just not delivered for me like the old S&S V.2 did last year. I gave it a try on my Accrington team and it was just awful. I guess your tactics can't always be awsome :) Thank you for your continued work in exploring the best 4-1-3-2's though!

Not tried it lower leagues yet, will do when the ME settles down.

A few people, myself included have had to ride out a rough start especially if you are a mid/lower ranking team in your division. Seems to take a while to get going sometimes. Not sure how many games you gave it, its possible it just doesn't work down there!

Not tried it lower leagues yet, will do when the ME settles down.

A few people, myself included have had to ride out a rough start especially if you are a mid/lower ranking team in your division. Seems to take a while to get going sometimes. Not sure how many games you gave it, its possible it just doesn't work down there!

An entire season. :) Finished just 3 points above relegation, which is attrocious for me lol.

An entire season. :) Finished just 3 points above relegation, which is attrocious for me lol.

Fair enough :D

Hey, yes I'm using 3 strikers. Not something I like normally. Gonna do some more testing this evening

Sounds intersesting! Where does poacher sit - are you able to put up a pic of the formation?

I am using the newest version (v3 attack) with Chorley (first season in conference north, predicted relegation, all part timers) and in March I am currently second, 8 points behind 1st but 6 points in front of 3rd.

All I would say is make sure you are taking team talks yourself. I originally let my assistant take them and got nowhere, so started again with me doing them and the results have been great (except in the cups, but I do try and rest my main players in them). I don't tend to have big results (not many over 4 goals) but I do have quite a few clean sheets.

While I haven't revisited the lower league save with Kingstonian recently, I have used your defensive setup with great success in my own 4-2-3-1 Wide formation with Reading FC in the Championship.

I definitely agree that attacking home and away works a charm. I managed to knock West Ham out of the cup 3-0 and totally outplayed them. I also took Man City to a replay and penalties after a 0-0 draw away and then a 1-1 draw at home. Arsenal were a little too much for us, running out 3-1 winners. We looked like we could have a chance when we came back from 1-0 down, but our legs tired and we conceded two quick goals towards the end of that match.

Overall though, the defensive setup of this tactic works fantastically!

I am using the newest version (v3 attack) with Chorley (first season in conference north, predicted relegation, all part timers) and in March I am currently second, 8 points behind 1st but 6 points in front of 3rd.

All I would say is make sure you are taking team talks yourself. I originally let my assistant take them and got nowhere, so started again with me doing them and the results have been great (except in the cups, but I do try and rest my main players in them). I don't tend to have big results (not many over 4 goals) but I do have quite a few clean sheets.

Thanks for confirming that, so it can work in lower leagues. Odd that people would have polarized experiences.

Good news anyway as my main save will Weston Super Mare when i get round to it.

Good job Powerspurge.

How many goals did you score in the league from corners?

not sure where i find that mate? im on FMC - you'd of thought it was in team report screen but cant see it?

not sure where i find that mate? im on FMC - you'd of thought it was in team report screen but cant see it?

Go onto the league table and choose team stats, should be there.

Ok, 1st season Spurs (media prediction 6th). Finished season 4th W22 D10 L6 GF 68 GA 34. Tactic V3 kicked in about late September then went on 25 unbeaten run(18 wins, 7 draws). Mostly satisfied with tactics although most of those draws I dominated only to concede late on and draw.

Ok, 1st season Spurs (media prediction 6th). Finished season 4th W22 D10 L6 GF 68 GA 34. Tactic V3 kicked in about late September then went on 25 unbeaten run(18 wins, 7 draws). Mostly satisfied with tactics although most of those draws I dominated only to concede late on and draw.

Same here with Inter Milan, first season predicted 5th and finally 4th thanks to a good finish even though we could have nailed the Champions if it wasn't for a loss against Milan... Knocked out of Cup and Europa league respectively by Lazio and Roma ! Some late draws and frustrating games. Took some time to kick in. Added Kranevitter in january which also contributed to do a better job in the second half of the season.

Next season predicted 4th finished 2nd (too many draws, 12 for me, 5 more than the Juve who were 10 points ahead), won the cup and the europa league respectively against Juve and Arsenal. Added Barbosa in the summer and Nastasic in January.

Looking forward to the third season, hoping to win the title and show some personality in Champions !

Again a nice tactic Mr U Rosler !

The injuries are mounting up nicely :D

S6NoNOh.png

I've been suffering a lot of injuries these past two seasons as well. Any thought about that ?

Is there a place in FM 15 where you can see like the total amount of injuries during a season, the number of weeks etc?

Same here with Inter Milan, first season predicted 5th and finally 4th thanks to a good finish even though we could have nailed the Champions if it wasn't for a loss against Milan... Knocked out of Cup and Europa league respectively by Lazio and Roma ! Some late draws and frustrating games. Took some time to kick in. Added Kranevitter in january which also contributed to do a better job in the second half of the season.

Next season predicted 4th finished 2nd (too many draws, 12 for me, 5 more than the Juve who were 10 points ahead), won the cup and the europa league respectively against Juve and Arsenal. Added Barbosa in the summer and Nastasic in January.

Looking forward to the third season, hoping to win the title and show some personality in Champions !

Again a nice tactic Mr U Rosler !

I've been suffering a lot of injuries these past two seasons as well. Any thought about that ?

Is there a place in FM 15 where you can see like the total amount of injuries during a season, the number of weeks etc?

I'm not aware of any place that information is available.

I've been hit pretty hard this season with injuries, i have 4 strikers and 2 have been constantly injured at anyone time, sometimes 3. My other 15.1.4 save with West Brom was not as bad but again it always seems to be my star striker!

Don't think its a tactical, training issue..... its just the game!

I have 7 League games to go with City and an 11 point lead at the top. Knocked out of FA Cup by Everton, Won the League Cup and are into the Quarters of the Champions League having just seen off Atletico Madrid.

I have 72 points after 31 games so thats a good return but not amazing, we're only 11 points clear as on 15.1.4 there doesn't seem to be that tendancy for a team to have a monster season (normally Chelsea) in the same way as they did under 15.1.3. You can probably win the League with 80 points which was unheard of before.

Despite that i'm a little disappointed with the tactic, at times we've struggled to break down teams who have 'parked the bus' failing to score at home a couple of times, didn't notice it at West Brom as teams didn't really set up defensively.

Still, that comment is based on some pretty high standards and it would be unrealistic to expect to win every game easily and some games, for whatever reason you are destined to not play well.

Again a solid tactic if unspectacular, I have a feeling the 4132 set up is not optimal in FM15 and I suspect my 442 & 42DM31 will be a little bit better going forward as the best chances are still coming from the flanks, i'm looking forward to getting to grips with that and having some wide players to experiment with. I'll start the 442 tonight.

Is there a team instruction on where a striker is to get injured every game?

Im playing as leeds and so far i have played 5 championship games and 2 cup games.

I lost emeghara in the final friendly v bremen which we won 1-0

I lost billy sharp after 27 mins v millwall and lost 1-0

Lost ruben neves (dm) after 19mins v chesterfield but won 2-0

Lost tore reginiussen after 62 mins v boro won 3-0

Lost antenucci on 61mins and montenegro on 79 v brighton won 1-0

Lost montenegro again 87th min v watford lost 2-1

Lost doukara after 16 mins v L1 oldham and adryan on 45. Lost 3-2

Finally lost billy sharp on 31mins and mowatt on 76 in a 2-1 loss

So im am left with every first team striker injured for a minimum 2 week bar doukara which is a few days thanks to concussion. My only available striker that could pass to be any good is reserve ajose. So can only see more losses on the horizon. Never seen this many injuries in such a short space of time!

Is there a team instruction on where a striker is to get injured every game?

Im playing as leeds and so far i have played 5 championship games and 2 cup games.

I lost emeghara in the final friendly v bremen which we won 1-0

I lost billy sharp after 27 mins v millwall and lost 1-0

Lost ruben neves (dm) after 19mins v chesterfield but won 2-0

Lost tore reginiussen after 62 mins v boro won 3-0

Lost antenucci on 61mins and montenegro on 79 v brighton won 1-0

Lost montenegro again 87th min v watford lost 2-1

Lost doukara after 16 mins v L1 oldham and adryan on 45. Lost 3-2

Finally lost billy sharp on 31mins and mowatt on 76 in a 2-1 loss

So im am left with every first team striker injured for a minimum 2 week bar doukara which is a few days thanks to concussion. My only available striker that could pass to be any good is reserve ajose. So can only see more losses on the horizon. Never seen this many injuries in such a short space of time!

1 game i had to bring Joe Hart on as a striker :lol:....... he didn't score but was linking play quite nicely :thup:

The only player instruction on the Strikers is 'hard tackle' on the complete forward, but all my midfield have this and they dont seem to get injured. The Trequartista doesn't have this and he seems to get injured the most.

There's nothing on the Team Instructions i can see which would contribute to this, i could see 'run at defence' potentially causing problems with some big tackles going in on someone running with the ball a lot (bit like Jack Wilshire IRL) but we don't use this instruction.

Think injuries are just hard coded into the game. Gonna need 6 strikers in the squad!

Have you been suffering a lot of bookings ? Last season Medel was sent off thrice (two yellows), M'vila twice and Taïder once but it was a violent fool.

Have you been suffering a lot of bookings ? Last season Medel were sent off thrice (two yellows), M'vila twice and Taïder once but it was a violent fool.

Fair few bookings, not many reds, 3 total (2 in 1 game). Didn't really cost me. Goes with the territory with a fairly aggressive tactic.

Might look at toning this down on future tactics.

when your putting the middle cm into CAM, which tactic are you using? are you using the original or the one where Mr U amended it in one of the later posts? IMO i believe the first version on attacking is the best one ive come across thus far and i doubt it will be beaten, not having much success with the amendments

great work Mr.U Rosler finally got a tactic that works well away from home, play as QPR and have beaten arsenal liverpool and spurs all away thanks to this tactic. generally rotate my tactics though to keep the opposition guessing but everytime I use this tactic score at least 3 goals and could score more if my players finished better.

Hi Uwe!

Ive been away as we lost my mother and I've had to come back to the UK... not much time for Fm obviously but a little to talk my mind off..... will try new version but we're still hanging in there after 27 games with 53 pts but the goals dried up so Im going to be experiment with the new version.

Hi Uwe!

Ive been away as we lost my mother and I've had to come back to the UK... not much time for Fm obviously but a little to talk my mind off..... will try new version but we're still hanging in there after 27 games with 53 pts but the goals dried up so Im going to be experiment with the new version.

Sorry to hear that. Nothing like FM to give you a break from reality, chin up :thup:

Again a solid tactic if unspectacular, I have a feeling the 4132 set up is not optimal in FM15 and I suspect my 442 & 42DM31 will be a little bit better going forward as the best chances are still coming from the flanks, i'm looking forward to getting to grips with that and having some wide players to experiment with. I'll start the 442 tonight.

Looking forward to these two tactics mate!

Ok, finished season with Man City, just plug & played the tactic in every game.

Smashed the League, won League Cup, only real disappointment was losing to PSG in semi's of Champions League, had a lot of chances in home game which we didn't take.

jN5uZkE.png

Think that's as far as i can take the 4132.... now for the 442.

I don't this ME is suited for wingerless tactics, tbh. At least as far as "plug and play" tactics go.

Wingers were OTT before patch 15.1.4, but now they've been toned down.

Yes, and tactics with them are still better than without.

wow same old story, get into January and tactic is once again ineffective, I really can't fathom this game out.

How can I go from dominating to 6 games without a win??

nothing has changed at all with team or tactics

The mind boggles

hey i rotate the tactics so i use the first one Mr U put up ( the 2nd one with the few adjustments didnt work for me) and then i put the CM into the CAM and just rotate the tactic i usually give it 2 games each then rotate or depending on who im playing, if im the underdog ill play with the 3 across the middle, if im the favourite to win i use the formation with the CAM, ive had great success with this with my Everton team, finished 5th and won Uefa Cup and then beat Bayern in super cup

From March until the playoffs I tinkered with the tactic, sometimes leaving as is, sometimes going with the CAM and sometimes going with the poacher. Have to say, out of the three, the poacher ones got me the best results. Ended up winning the last 3 games of the season, both playoff legs and the final quite easily.

I felt with the normal v3 (Attack with cm) I would lose most away matches. Moving CM to Striker Poacher stopped that.

From March until the playoffs I tinkered with the tactic, sometimes leaving as is, sometimes going with the CAM and sometimes going with the poacher. Have to say, out of the three, the poacher ones got me the best results. Ended up winning the last 3 games of the season, both playoff legs and the final quite easily.

I felt with the normal v3 (Attack with cm) I would lose most away matches. Moving CM to Striker Poacher stopped that.

Did you keep the other striking roles the same, and did the poacher sit in between them? Also, is this using v3 as a base?

Did you keep the other striking roles the same, and did the poacher sit in between them? Also, is this using v3 as a base?

EDIT: nevermind

Yes to all three :-)

Thanks for that - although realised afterwards that you'd certainly already answered the question about V3 in an earlier post.

ok so i decided to give v3 another go, and it worked, even went with the poacher option and all im going to say is wow, destroying teams, im still rotating every 2 games though with the tactics ( 2 games with V3 then switch to V3 with poacher) to keep the opposition guessing, currently on a 23 match unbeaten run with Bolton, great work lads

Can't do anything away from home this season.

Last season I won the EPL I think maybe something has changed due to the reputation increase

I'm glad you had some succsess with moving the cm to poacher. Worked wonders for me in conference south.

I actually ended up getting promoted, despite being tipped as last, using a rotation of v3, and v3 with 3 forwards.

Now in Conferance, obviously tipped to be last couldn't get in any players really, but have been running v3 default until I loose then swapping to a 4-3-3 with wingers (moved treq and one Bwm to be wingers attack).

Looking forward to your new tax, i love having a solid base to try things from so thanks for your work

Any idea when you may be putting your 442 tactic up MR U ROSLER. ive got some amazing young wingers who can do alright in CM but on the wing they will be lethal you can see them when they end up out wide with this current tactic just beat people for fun

442 pretty close i think, it has more attacking potential than the 4132 but its hard to get it solid at the back which is what i'm working on now.

442 pretty close i think, it has more attacking potential than the 4132 but its hard to get it solid at the back which is what i'm working on now.

If you want some of us to test it and give you some feedback im sure along with myself a lot of other people in this thread would be happy to help you

If you want some of us to test it and give you some feedback im sure along with myself a lot of other people in this thread would be happy to help you

I'm pretty set on team instructions and 8 of the outfield roles. Its actually the 2 wide midfield roles i'm not settled on. Run a lot of games using wide playmakers in the MR/ML roles and quite like them but you can end up getting a bit narrow and playing thru middle too much as they cut inside a lot, you actually see some mad cross field dribbles from one flank to the other and it can be brilliant in attack but in certain games you can get shut out and create very little which I cannot accept, even with West Brom.

Think I will try Wingers here but will likely end up compromising and running with the 'wide midfielder' role with a couple of tweaks.

Work and XMAS parties getting in the way of testing at the moment but should have a clear run from tonight and over the weekend.

I'm pretty set on team instructions and 8 of the outfield roles. Its actually the 2 wide midfield roles i'm not settled on. Run a lot of games using wide playmakers in the MR/ML roles and quite like them but you can end up getting a bit narrow and playing thru middle too much as they cut inside a lot, you actually see some mad cross field dribbles from one flank to the other and it can be brilliant in attack but in certain games you can get shut out and create very little which I cannot accept, even with West Brom.

Think I will try Wingers here but will likely end up compromising and running with the 'wide midfielder' role with a couple of tweaks.

Work and XMAS parties getting in the way of testing at the moment but should have a clear run from tonight and over the weekend.

Not a problem have you tried the defensive wingers on support duty or do they still cut in with this setting

Not a problem have you tried the defensive wingers on support duty or do they still cut in with this setting

I tried them with the full backs overlapping, sounds good but doesn't really work.

I envisage the MR/ML being the main creative/attacking outlets so they will likely be on attack duty.

Be interested to know what type of central pairing you decided upon for the midfield of your 442?

I've been playing with a CM(D)/AP(S) partnership with great success, but I guess you could be using defensive and attacking roles in the center, balanced with a support role on the wing?

If i was going 'support' on the flanks I would be going attack/defend in the central pair.

However, with both flanks attacking I had run with 2 defensive roles in the middle for a while which was OK, however this moves your press/block a bit deeper.

At the moment i'm trialing 2 Ball Winning Midfielders/Support on the basis we would be better off in terms of how the tactic is supposed to work with the press/block occurring high up the pitch.

This is a high risk strategy as your defence is exposed but the pay off is fantastic when it works as you win the ball in areas of the pitch which can catch your opponent with his pants well and truly down.

In one game i created 9 Clear Cut Chances AWAY from home using this approach, with West Brom!

I haven't run enough games with it to be 100% sure about this, might change 1 duty to defend.

I've had an interesting time on FMC since 15.1.4 came out. My 4-4-1-1 which scraped the title with Arsenal 2nd season and won me the FA Cup in the first came completely unstuck at end of season 2 (I had a complete collapse last 5 games, luckily I had a decent lead before that, ended up winning title on Goal Difference) and after10 matches of Season 3 I was 10th. I've been a fan of Mr Rosler's tactics since I modified his Rainmaker v3 into a 4312 last year and won a hatful, so I decided I'd try similar to get me out of my rut this time round.

Modified UTB v2 Away into a 4312 with a TQ at AMc, and changed both CMa into CMs. Worked a treat, scored for fun and ended up winning the domestic treble, with the AMc (Ozil mainly) and both false 9s scoring hatfuls.