Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
GSTG

Inconsistency

Hey guys

I am playing with Arsenal first season, only buys are Lucas Romero and Balanta

I finally thought i got it right with tactics, beating eight games in row and playing like i want but suddently bad results follow in next 8 games

i Play

Control - Fuid

short passing - work ball into box - more expressive

-----------GK(D)

FB(S) CD(D) CD(D) WB(A)

--------------DM(D)

------DLP(S)

W(A)-----AP(S)-----W(S)

-----------AF(A)

I play 4-1-4-1 defensive with similar instructions away

Any advise ?

Thanks

Remember it might not be entirely because of your tactic. There are other variables that influence game outcome such as:

- Press conferences, never let Ass man. do the press conferences. Try to position yourself in an underdog position. For me this really helps against much lower rated teams. Building up the opponents confidence about the game seems to draw them more towards an attacking tactic. Making it easier for my high rated team to win the game.

- Other team adjusting their tactics to more defensive against a team in form. Since you play more defensive as well you get games with two defending teams. Try to go for more attacking mentality in home games to counter that.

- Watch individual form of players. I truly believe players can get a loss of form. So sometimes it is wise to "change a winning team".

-Dont hesitate to make half time substitutions. If a striker is missing chance after chance and not many shots are on target, i often switch out the front three in half time. Sure its dangerous with red cards and injuries and all, but I often have those subs winning me games. This is also good to monitor the form of subs. If they perform well I make them start in the next few games.

[irony] Never play Arsenal, theyre just to inconsistent... [/irony]

Keep in mind that your players need to learn your tactic, if its fluid you can judge if it is bringing the results or not.

I personally had bad experiences with 4-2-3-1 (and Arsenal), where the 2 more defensive midfielders are not actually Defensive Midfielders positionwise since 2014. It works out one season and in the next season everything just goes to hell. You can even see the gaps then between midfield and defense, when you dont have 2 defensive midfielders in a 4-2-3-1.

Remember it might not be entirely because of your tactic. There are other variables that influence game outcome such as:

- Press conferences, never let Ass man. do the press conferences. Try to position yourself in an underdog position. For me this really helps against much lower rated teams. Building up the opponents confidence about the game seems to draw them more towards an attacking tactic. Making it easier for my high rated team to win the game.

This is very team dependent. If your team has a determined personality (or rather if individuals have a determined personality), then if you are slightly skeptical about their chances (when they're the favourite to win), they'll be determined to prove you wrong. If you don't have a determined squad, however, this will lead to them believing you and losing confidence and playing poorly. But a determined squad will always strive anyway; you probably don't need to goad them into trying to prove you wrong, and I don't really see any value in repeatedly proving to your squad that you don't know what you're talking about...

It is for this reason almost always better to be slightly positive in press conferences when the odds are in your favour, because you can mitigate complacency with team talks. You can tell players are complacent by checking your assistant advice on the match screen. You can't tell if players are lacking confidence until the match starts and their form is noticeably lower (and even then you can only guess at the reason).

Likewise, based on how personalities work, if the opposing team aren't determined, reinforcing the notion that they're going to win will do you no favours whatsoever. If they are determined, they'll probably still just be more determined prove you right and beat you! However I'm not really sure if what you say about your team's chances has any impact on the other team at all, tbh.

This is very team dependent. If your team has a determined personality (or rather if individuals have a determined personality), then if you are slightly skeptical about their chances (when they're the favourite to win), they'll be determined to prove you wrong. If you don't have a determined squad, however, this will lead to them believing you and losing confidence and playing poorly. But a determined squad will always strive anyway; you probably don't need to goad them into trying to prove you wrong, and I don't really see any value in repeatedly proving to your squad that you don't know what you're talking about...

It is for this reason almost always better to be slightly positive in press conferences when the odds are in your favour, because you can mitigate complacency with team talks. You can tell players are complacent by checking your assistant advice on the match screen. You can't tell if players are lacking confidence until the match starts and their form is noticeably lower (and even then you can only guess at the reason).

Likewise, based on how personalities work, if the opposing team aren't determined, reinforcing the notion that they're going to win will do you no favours whatsoever. If they are determined, they'll probably still just be more determined prove you right and beat you! However I'm not really sure if what you say about your team's chances has any impact on the other team at all, tbh.

You might be right. Im not sure if my reasoning is correct, all i know is that it seems to work. I checked and my team is indeed very determined overall. And who knows, i might have gotten the wins anyways.

I realise i made it seem that I know things for facts, but what i ment to say was: How it appears to work for me, my tactic and my players.