Sports Interactive Community
BoyFromBletchley

Wide playmakers, DLP and advanced playmakers. Who gets the ball?

So as Arsenal manager I am spoilt for choice.

In an ideal world I would like Wilshere as a DLP, Ozil (Cazorla) Wide on the left/Right and Sanchez AMC role Playmaker. This would give me a lot of creativity for my forwards?

Who would get the ball?

I know it sounds like a stupid idea but humour me please :)

Depends where the ball, where those players are, whether they are marked, who has the ball etc. etc.

Depends where the ball, where those players are, whether they are marked, who has the ball etc. etc.

Scenario:

Keeper/Defender has the ball.

What does he do?

If the game says, (l would assume) "give it to the playmaker" which one?

CB to DLP, LB to Left Playmaker, RB to Right Playmaker etc?

The passing focus is equally split between the playmaker Roles. However, just because the DLP might be closest to the man with the ball doesn't mean he will be in space to receive a pass.

Ultimately, the playmakers will receive the ball more than your other players overall, but it's impossible to state "this will happen" because, as with everything in FM, it is all contextual.

The passing focus is equally split between the playmaker Roles. However, just because the DLP might be closest to the man with the ball doesn't mean he will be in space to receive a pass.

Ultimately, the playmakers will receive the ball more than your other players overall, but it's impossible to state "this will happen" because, as with everything in FM, it is all contextual.

Many thanks

In previous FMs, where we were able to see the sliders in tactics, would have the computer decide which of the 3 playmakers had the best playmaking attributes (passing, decisions, creativity etc...) and make that person the playmaker. There was only one slot for it so it wasn't shared for multiple players.

If I had to guess I'd go with what I've seen in the past.

I don't know on what the rest of the people that answered are basing their answers on.

RTH is correct. They would share playmaking duties equally, but it does depend on your playing style.