Sports Interactive Community
SaintPaul

Match engine lagging on FMH15

I have an htc one mini, and when i downloaded the game there was a message saying my device supported the new engine, I played two games of the new save, each lasting over 10 mins with settings at commentary only and very fast speed. I've noticed a few others have mentioned the same pro in the reviews. Any ideas on a way to fix it, or should I stick to the old engine?

What would be the optimized device to run the new device ?

In terms of RAM, heap size etc

Hi guys,

In regards to the original post, the HTC One Mini might be giving a slightly false positive on the initial test - it's not a device we had internally so can't be 100% sure on that. We will be reviewing the speed of the match generally, but certainly for now at least it may be worth sticking to the old engine if it's really struggling. How is the actual performance of the match highlights?

The Nexus devices, have you both upgraded to 5.0 Lollipop? We had reports this week about the 2014 version feeling slightly slower once upgraded.

Thanks.

Hi Jamie, should a Samsung Galaxy S3 be ok to run the new engine?

Also, how do i change back to the old engine? I saw someone say to change it in the Preferences, but I don't see an option anywhere...

The Nexus devices, have you both upgraded to 5.0 Lollipop? We had reports this week about the 2014 version feeling slightly slower once upgraded.

Thanks.

Yes mate. I have 5.0 Lollipop. What can be done?

Hi Jamie, should a Samsung Galaxy S3 be ok to run the new engine?

Also, how do i change back to the old engine? I saw someone say to change it in the Preferences, but I don't see an option anywhere...

We're very much leaving it to the user's discretion as to which engine they use, as people will have different perceptions of what's acceptable. Judging by your responses in the main feedback thread, then I'd probably suggest using the original match engine for now.

It's under the "Starting Configuration" view from outside of the game and will only take affect on new save games.

Yes mate. I have 5.0 Lollipop. What can be done?

We're still investigating at the moment, seeing as it was rolled out to a couple of our devices the same evening we announced the game. As I mentioned in the related FMH2014 thread, it may be the fact they've changed their default runtime - which might be affecting some aspects of app performance. Thanks for your patience. :)

Hi guys,

In regards to the original post, the HTC One Mini might be giving a slightly false positive on the initial test - it's not a device we had internally so can't be 100% sure on that. We will be reviewing the speed of the match generally, but certainly for now at least it may be worth sticking to the old engine if it's really struggling. How is the actual performance of the match highlights?

Thanks.

Yes, I did upgrade do 5.0.

To sum it up, from my Nexus 5 experience, using the 'very fast' option:

- Very slow in the enhanced mode in the highlights;

- Slow in the enhanced mode in commentary only;

- Slow in the KO stage and between halves;

- A little bit slower than before in the original engine.

Any more feedback you need? Feel free to use me as a guinea pig :D

We're still investigating at the moment, seeing as it was rolled out to a couple of our devices the same evening we announced the game. As I mentioned in the related FMH2014 thread, it may be the fact they've changed their default runtime - which might be affecting some aspects of app performance. Thanks for your patience. :)

Anything you may need just ask!

We're very much leaving it to the user's discretion as to which engine they use, as people will have different perceptions of what's acceptable. Judging by your responses in the main feedback thread, then I'd probably suggest using the original match engine for now.

It's under the "Starting Configuration" view from outside of the game and will only take affect on new save games.

Thanks, I'm just testing this now on 'Original'.

I did notice there are 3 engines, Default is also listed. Are you able to tell us what the difference is between Default and Original?

Default sets the match test to run again, so it will end up setting it to whatever engine was originally suggested on start-up.

Can you explain the "starting configuration thing", need to set to old engine and don't have a clue how to.

Can you explain the "starting configuration thing", need to set to old engine and don't have a clue how to.

You need a new career to do this, it can be done from the preferences -> view -> starting configuration settings when the preferences are accessed from the start screen.

Sorry to ask it again, as I've seen it been asked a couple times already, but just want to be completely sure that the only way to use the old engine is to make a new save? Just battled through a season which took an unholy amount of time and really don't want to start again!

Thanks

Sorry to ask it again, as I've seen it been asked a couple times already, but just want to be completely sure that the only way to use the old engine is to make a new save? Just battled through a season which took an unholy amount of time and really don't want to start again!

Thanks

Unfortunately yes, it's not possible to make the two compatible within a save.

Alari, do you have any idea when you will have this issue fixed?

We can't say anything about timescales for this as it's very delicate - different devices react in different ways.

iPhone 5; same issues. Very slow gameplay.

Try to use 'original' now.

Hope it can be fixed in new update, so we can use the standard gameplay.

Helloafter uploading fma on a lollipop match engine began to stutter terribly. you can not play it. I'm a fan of the game and here such a failure.

We're aware that Lollipop is causing performance issues for some people. Obviously we're looking into it but as the whole way apps are run has changed this may take some time.

Hi

Been a long time since i posted in here,lol

Well i loved fmh2015 just as the other but was slightly disappointed that i could not run the new ME, consider what the phone can run in other cases. I Mentioned that in my comment on the play store, and got redirected here after about 3 months :D.

So why not even if i am not that bothered, should my xpera Z(c6603) run the the new ME?, if it should, it does not do so for me, it runs but it is laggy as hell.

Otherwise as i said love the game, fmh has become the fm i play since FML died, lol

Hope you all are well at SI :thup:

hugs

If your phone defaults to the new engine then it should be capable of running it. Sadly, since it's not a top end iOS device, it will be rather slow, even if it is supposed to be able to run it. Hopefully this will be improved on in the next update, since I find the enhanced engine unplayably slow.

SEGA you've posted this

If you are finding the match speed impairs your enjoyment of the game for now, it is possible to switch back to the ‘Original’ match engine which is designed to be faster, especially on lower spec devices. This can be done from the Preferences -> View -> Starting Configuration options when on the game’s Start Screen. This option will only take effect in careers started once the change has been made.

enhanced match engine is the only reason i purchased this game, and you are making users to use original match system because you can't fix this bug/lag? i hope you guys will fix this problem in next patch/ update. it is pointless to me to play

fmh2015 using original match engine.

i'm sure that most users who play this game agree with my opinion.

We've made some improvements for the next update, we'll be interested to see how it goes for users having this issue. It is the case though that when a lot of apps, especially processor-intensive or constantly monitoring ones are running in the background that performance will be degraded.

The problem is, this is a game for phones. It's pretty difficult to ensure that there's nothing running in the background that could impair performance. While restarting my phone does improve things a bit, the performance is still a long way from what it would need to be for me to actually use the enhanced engine for a career.

Marc has often responded to people calling for full FM or FM Classic on phones by pointing out that phones, by their very nature, can't dedicate all their resources to running a game, so even if they were comparable in power to modern PCs, they wouldn't be able to handle the same level of complexity. To expect people to disable apps and services on their phone to get a playable experience seems a little at odds with the intended function of a mobile phone.

Match engine

I have a Nexus 7 (old version) the speed got effected when the new google 5.02 update came out its been slow since then its been really slow when I

use pitch when its on very fast ! Can u fix it plz

Match engine

I have a Nexus 7 (old version) the speed got effected when the new google 5.02 update came out its been slow since then its been really slow when I

use pitch when its on very fast ! Can u fix it plz

Could you try this please and let me know if it helps?

Turn off your device.

Press and hold Power and volume down buttons simultaneously until you see a large arrow at the top of your screen.

Press the volume down button repeatedly until you see “Recovery” in the arrow.

Select it by pressing the power button.

You’ll see an android mascot with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

Hold down the power and press the volume up button once and then release the power button.

Press the volume down button repeatedly to select “erase or wipe the cache partition” from the list of options.

Wait for the process to complete and then restart your device.

HTC One M8

Tried running on enhanced and the original match engine and it's horrifically slow. Only purchase the mobile version due to the fast pace of the game but I don't want to start a season because I'll have to restart to play the game at a speed I prefer when you decide to fix it.

Paid full whack for the Pc version and never play it, 6.99 for a mobile version of which I'm not going to play unless this is fixed is a rip off.

HTC One M8

Tried running on enhanced and the original match engine and it's horrifically slow. Only purchase the mobile version due to the fast pace of the game but I don't want to start a season because I'll have to restart to play the game at a speed I prefer when you decide to fix it.

Paid full whack for the Pc version and never play it, 6.99 for a mobile version of which I'm not going to play unless this is fixed is a rip off.

Did you recently update to Lollipop? We're aware that there are some performance issues on this OS version and are actively looking into them.

Did you recently update to Lollipop? We're aware that there are some performance issues on this OS version and are actively looking into them.

Yeah, but looks like it's a continuous error though.

Any idea roughly when you'll have a fix?

Lagging incredibly for me, on Xperia Z3 running Lollipop. The game literally grinds to a halt on a device that it should have no problems running. Was fine on KitKat but seeing as Sony got Lollipop quite many months after everyone else, I had assumed the issue would have been resolved which it hasn't....