*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

In line with the improved bulk editing changes to this year's editor, it'd be really great if there were a way to bulk-clear changes from a list of selected database records, like you can currently bulk-duplicate or bulk-remove the records entirely.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to be able to add in people to come through in the next season's youth intake, e.g. people like Angel Gomes, Aidy Barlow, Venancio Monteiro in the U16s at Man Utd so I don't end up with a 30 man U18s squad for the first season. I know I could set them as future transfers for 1/7/16 to Utd, but then they lose a year of development because they won't have played or trained for a season.

I'd like to be able to add in people to come through in the next season's youth intake, e.g. people like Angel Gomes, Aidy Barlow, Venancio Monteiro in the U16s at Man Utd so I don't end up with a 30 man U18s squad for the first season. I know I could set them as future transfers for 1/7/16 to Utd, but then they lose a year of development because they won't have played or trained for a season.

yes like this idea, I have been doing the future transfers not ideal, other option is set up a loan for them and then they return to Utd in a year etc

Excellent idea!

Please add two features in In game editor :-

1) Future transfers (many people have requested this one)

2) Ability to enter transfer fees while moving players

Future transfer is very important for people who use editor to play as chairman/comissioner game because the manager keeps selling players I would like to keep. If i set a future transfer to a far away date, they cant sell him.

Last year I used this with fmrte. This year I decided to go for ige instead of fmrte but lack of future transfers feauture is a big let down :(

1)

I need really the feature back which allows the user to limit the region, FM is creating the random Position for players, if unknown.

I discussed it here and still waiting for answer...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/442335-FM16-Pregame-Editor-gt-random-position

2)

The second real nice feature I'm wishing since I've played my first FM is the ability to add further names or edit the existing pool of names.

Too much nations have tooooo less names...

I think it's mit that Big deal too enable this editing option in the pre game editor or such a file like edt/lnc.

I mentioned that in the wishlist thread of FM15 and FM16 but it was ignored...

2)

The second real nice feature I'm wishing since I've played my first FM is the ability to add further names or edit the existing pool of names.

Too much nations have tooooo less names...

I think it's mit that Big deal too enable this editing option in the pre game editor or such a file like edt/lnc.

I mentioned that in the wishlist thread of FM15 and FM16 but it was ignored...

I second that. In smaller nations the namepool is rather silly sometimes and out of balance, too. Adding names to a pool for certain nations shouldn't be that hard to do. I have a save in New Zealand, where there's like 15 people named "Crump" or "Batty". For NZ it should be sufficient to use british names with a couple of more Hamishes included. But also in Malta, Slovakia etc it can be frustrating, especially with names being rather exotic in that country now popping up in numbers (such as "Le Giang" in Slovakia)

Adding names to a pool for certain nations shouldn't be that hard to do.

Yes, should really not be that hard, but must be deflivered from SI... So please SI, let the Users add new names they wish to have, without doing it via fake players.... :(

• 2 weeks later...
A feature for the full editor and one that's probably been suggested before but: future transfers for managers. Would be particularly handy with certain real-life instances, like Carlo Ancelotti and Bayern München. Julian Nagelssman and Hoffenheim too.

I agree with that one.

Regarding the IGE, would it be possible to edit the player's CARRER STATS in the History tab? It's just esthetic, but it would improve the game so much for me in the long run :$

A feature for the full editor and one that's probably been suggested before but: future transfers for managers. Would be particularly handy with certain real-life instances, like Carlo Ancelotti and Bayern München. Julian Nagelssman and Hoffenheim too.

yep has been asked for going back a few years but with an in game editor you can do this, that's why they are so handy, as football world is updating daily

but if you get the old ocd you end up not playing game just updating things;)

• 2 weeks later...

This wouldn't be a "new" feature but it would great to be able to apply any formation available in the game to preferred and second preferred formation. I can see why it makes sense to limit only certain formations when it comes to defensive and attacking formations, but any formation should be available for general preferred formation.

Future transfer is very important for people who use editor to play as chairman/comissioner game because the manager keeps selling players I would like to keep. If i set a future transfer to a far away date, they cant sell him.

Back when there wasn't anything resembling third party ownership we would create a fake club and assign players to them and then loan them out to their real clubs. For this purpose, I think that approach would work.

An option in the competition teams overview to insert more colums, like for example stadium, chairman/president/owner, manager. So it is for example more easy to select all stadiums, like you can do with for example all players from a team, to make mass changes. Like for example. I want to ensure that all stadiums have real grass. And with all chairmen that they only want local managers and players.

Also if you select all players, that you can change the relationships. So if I want all players from a club to be supporter of that team and hate another team and/or player I can do it in one time, in stead of one by one.

Thanks a lot :)

I am still waiting for the ability to create new nations (without the need of "resurrecting" defunct ones) and their league systems. In last couple years I have created file with more than 40 new nations to be implemented. In FM11 that possibility existed (you had to edit editor's config file to enable "add new nation", but it worked)... I NEED THIS BADLY!!! :)

I am still waiting for the ability to create new nations (without the need of "resurrecting" defunct ones) and their league systems. In last couple years I have created file with more than 40 new nations to be implemented. In FM11 that possibility existed (you had to edit editor's config file to enable "add new nation", but it worked)... I NEED THIS BADLY!!! :)

Also the ability to add a continent as 'Non-Fifa' which would make Fantasy databases easier to make

Hi,just joined the forum. Finally back playing FM16 after a five year break from FM. Now I feel comfortable playing the game again & like to add the editor for the lower leagues of the non league pyramid. However I've had issues with downloads in the past so can anyone on here a) tell me which is the 'safe' editor. b) run me though the whole process from the download through to adding it to the main game. Cheers.

Hi,just joined the forum. Finally back playing FM16 after a five year break from FM. Now I feel comfortable playing the game again & like to add the editor for the lower leagues of the non league pyramid. However I've had issues with downloads in the past so can anyone on here a) tell me which is the 'safe' editor. b) run me though the whole process from the download through to adding it to the main game. Cheers.

welcome back, this thread is for future development of the editor, your post is a request which you should post in normal part of forum.

I am unsure what you want no idea what safe editor means?? the editor is downloaded via steam library TOOLS

if you are talking about just downloading created files to lower leagues(you don't state which country etc) there are many out there, even the download section to this forum is comprehensive, steam workshop etc etc

the download process is straight forward and 99% the file has clear instructions.

hope this helps, any questions post in main forum:thup:

I posted this in the general feedback thread about a week ago, but it looks like it would be better utilized here ...

Please make the editor something that can be turned on and off in game (sort of like how skins work - i.e. if you change a language, don't want faces of newgens, etc., you change your preferences, refresh the skin, and you're good to go). I know that there is a way to turn off access to that pencil-like thing, but you still have access to information when you personalize your squad page and when you are in the scouting section. What is most frustrating is when you go to personalize your squad page (clicking on "Custom" and then "Customize Current View ..."), you have no idea which of those attributes should be hidden and which you should be able to see (some are obviously hidden like "Important Matches," but I am unsure about enough of them to make that aspect of the game frustrating). If that skin idea is not possible, at least somehow denote which of these are regularly hidden and which are normally visible please. On the plus side, when you scout for players, I believe that when you go to "Scouting" and then "Quick Search," as long as you avoid "Attributes - Hidden," "FM In-Game Editor" and "Hidden," you can keep that aspect of the game as it should be.

I purchased the in-game editor and have been using it for relatively minor things, such as further personalizing my own profile (e.g. I put French as a second language for me, but I can use the in-game editor to more accurately rate my skill as "2" or "3" instead of the default of "10"). I also like putting specific ratings (other than 100) for my favorite teams as well as the ability to add nationalities if I so wish. Otherwise, it is just nice to have it if I need to make cosmetic changes or adjust other things to make it more accurate/realistic. However, it would be nice to be able to customize my view of the squad page and scout for players without putting myself in danger of accidentally observing something that I don't want to know.

I would like to see the possibility to edit fixture rules for international tournements like U21 euro, Euro 16-, Olympic games, World cup, Champions Cup, Euro Cup etc. It should be possible to change squad selection rules and stuff like that

I would like to see the possibility to edit fixture rules for international tournements like U21 euro, Euro 16-, Olympic games, World cup, Champions Cup, Euro Cup etc. It should be possible to change squad selection rules and stuff like that

this has been asked for several times

it isnt a big ask to get this working as per add nations rules for a nation

ie for europe a comp wizard same as nation rules, so..................

add continental rules

select continent- europe

add to existing structure

close wizard

then select covert to advanced rules

and hey presto all continental comps for europe appear namely champions league/europa league/super cup/u21 comps etc

SI should have had this up and running a few years ago

or at least allowed us to directly edit the old comps file

Pre-game Editor:

-Ability to populate newly created clubs, by choosing the level of the player you have. I know that is feature of the game, but on the editor we can adjust the player profiles.

-Export from external file. Either XML, Excel, Word, Acess, or whatever. That means for players, Clubs and so on.

-Ability to create a new nation and be automatically added to Champions League, World Cup qualification and so on, of that continent the new nation is set. (Example new nation in Europe, all clubs are added to Champions League, Euro league, European competitions and World Cup).

The databaseUI for adding person names for future regens to the game are already part of the editor. Hopefully it will be made available in the future.

I tried to activate it, but failed so far.

<list id="fields">

<record db_field="prnm,dbnm" /> <!-- name -->

<record db_field="prnm,Pife" /> <!-- female -->

<record db_field="prnm,Pnti" /> <!-- nation -->

<record db_field="prnm,Plcr" /> <!-- local region -->

<record db_field="prnm,Peth" /> <!-- ethnicity-->

<record db_field="prnm,Pcou" /> <!-- count -->

<record db_field="prnm,Pufr" /> <!-- used for regens -->

<record db_field="prnm,Pabb" /> <!-- abbreviated -->

</list>

</record>

</list>

</record>

Decent feedback when there is an error (advanced rules).

This x1000

Also my suggestion is the ability to add international leagues (i.e. not pinned to a nation or national association) for the purpose of super-leagues and alternatives to the UEFA structure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The ability to have multiple parent competitions at the same competition level would be a nice addition & could help create better simulations of lower league football when teams are affiliated to a set regional/county FA, if addition the ability to use 'if' style promotion & relegation rules could also help keep with keeping sub-divisions balanced if there is a season where relegated teams are all set to go to the same sub-division.

Please add a warning dialogue every time you're trying to move a player to your club. I use the IGE mostly to enhance and transfer regens from smaller football nations into European leagues. I just spent an hour transfering most regen internationals from Asian and Africa to Europe and on the last player I accidentically transfered him to my club...

Club transfer preferences?

I would like to see this.

And:

- a slider to adjust the club's regen nationality because a lot of clubs near a border have youthplayers from another nation and this option would benefit the realism of the game (see for instance PSV, Willem II, NAC, MVV Maastricht; Dutch clubs near the Belgian border).

- a semi-pro only/semi-pro at most/never full-pro option just like a club's amateur only professional status.

I didn't see this thread before posting a thread in the Database & Research board, so my suggestion might be more appropriate here:

As someone who uses the editor and watches a lot of football, I feel the current method of determining player potential (PA) is flawed.

Firstly, there is no way of conclusively evaluating a young player's potential to a single digit number. You could make the same argument about playing ability in general, but you have a lot more information for what each player can produce right now, and as a result, can accurately rate him. As far as potential goes, not even the highest paid pros can predict which under-17 player will turn into the best player.

I'm everyone realizes this, which is obviously this is why the editor has -X ranged potential values, but this leads me to my main problem; these ranged values aren't nearly flexible enough to evaluate player potentials. For example, if we were going by Premier League standards, -10 (170-200) means the player has the potential to be anything from an outstanding player to the greatest of all time, nothing less. -9 (150-180) means they have the potential to be anything from a good player to an outstanding player, nothing more, nothing less; they have no chance of becoming the goat like the -10s do. I think this method of determining potential leaves a lot of room for error. While I don't have any clear-cut examples on-hand, I'd imagine players like Robinho, Balotelli, Ganso, Saviola, Bojan, dos Santos, Wilshere, Cleverly and Joe Cole among many many others had a very high PA rating in previous FM installments, only to be lowered in future installments.

Bearing this in mind, my suggestion is to have PA ratings that cover a much greater range of values. There are probably thousands of potential "wonderkids" in the world that could be anything from a world class player to a League 1 scrubber, so why not have a range value that covers 100-170? How about a 140-190 for the massively hyped kids like Robinho?

Obviously this system has a critical flaw; there would be far too many high-PA players, but there's a solution to this: tie the probability for higher PA to exponential decay. If a player had a ranged value between 100-170, they would be more likely to roll a number on the lower end, with the probability of a higher number diminishing exponentially. I think something like this would be particularly good because it provides another layer of unpredictability; everyone's game would different and it adds to the game's replayability.

I didn't see this thread before posting a thread in the Database & Research board, so my suggestion might be more appropriate here:

As someone who uses the editor and watches a lot of football, I feel the current method of determining player potential (PA) is flawed.

Firstly, there is no way of conclusively evaluating a young player's potential to a single digit number. You could make the same argument about playing ability in general, but you have a lot more information for what each player can produce right now, and as a result, can accurately rate him. As far as potential goes, not even the highest paid pros can predict which under-17 player will turn into the best player.

I'm everyone realizes this, which is obviously this is why the editor has -X ranged potential values, but this leads me to my main problem; these ranged values aren't nearly flexible enough to evaluate player potentials. For example, if we were going by Premier League standards, -10 (170-200) means the player has the potential to be anything from an outstanding player to the greatest of all time, nothing less. -9 (150-180) means they have the potential to be anything from a good player to an outstanding player, nothing more, nothing less; they have no chance of becoming the goat like the -10s do. I think this method of determining potential leaves a lot of room for error. While I don't have any clear-cut examples on-hand, I'd imagine players like Robinho, Balotelli, Ganso, Saviola, Bojan, dos Santos, Wilshere, Cleverly and Joe Cole among many many others had a very high PA rating in previous FM installments, only to be lowered in future installments.

Bearing this in mind, my suggestion is to have PA ratings that cover a much greater range of values. There are probably thousands of potential "wonderkids" in the world that could be anything from a world class player to a League 1 scrubber, so why not have a range value that covers 100-170? How about a 140-190 for the massively hyped kids like Robinho?

Obviously this system has a critical flaw; there would be far too many high-PA players, but there's a solution to this: tie the probability for higher PA to exponential decay. If a player had a ranged value between 100-170, they would be more likely to roll a number on the lower end, with the probability of a higher number diminishing exponentially. I think something like this would be particularly good because it provides another layer of unpredictability; everyone's game would different and it adds to the game's replayability.

They are auto-assigned a set figure in that range as soon as the game is booted. He could still never make the lower level from his current CA.

think the system as it is now is pretty good, and can see where your coming from but the fact if you do a custom search in editor you will see how low the number of players is between -95 to -10 its the lowest I have seen in any version of FM and I believe that's about spot on, in modern press everyone is a wonderkid now so having smaller set fields(pa range) as it is now is more accurate

The possibility of creating divisions associated with local regions without having to define the limits north, south, east and west, because the regions are not square.

Sorry my English

The possibility of creating divisions associated with local regions without having to define the limits north, south, east and west, because the regions are not square.

Sorry my English

thats why i move cities and make squares. lat and long isnt important in game but squares are good for regional divisions problem

thats why i move cities and make squares. lat and long isnt important in game but squares are good for regional divisions problem

Hum... Actually that is not a bad idea.

Does it improve the sorting of teams in the regional divisions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. Ability to import data from Excel-sheets (or .txt-files, whatever). That would be a huge help for me, adding 4000+ competitions, teams, cities and stadiums each year.

2. Also the ability to easily change the club colours of imported teams, if possible with the same file mentioned under 1.

.csv maybe?

I would humbly ask for easier ways to create new nations and adding them to international tournaments such as the league of nations, European cup and World cup, as well as having the nation be represented in the Europa League and Champions League, without having to "replace" an already existing country. I spent all yesterday creating a country only to find out that I wasn't in any tournaments.

I was thinking it would be neat if there was a tool to define the borders of the new nation so that all cities and affiliated stadiums, teams and people within those borders are automatically added to the new nation and removed from the nation they were originally from. Doing each team, each city, is extremely tedious. This would cause issues with the leagues these teams were in, but a tool to "automatically fill in" the open spots with teams further down in the league system until all spots are filled would be immensely helpful in that case.

I know this is asking for a lot, but I would love for this to be implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

I use more editor than game itself and I see here many requests that SI didn't put in game for several years now... Sad but true... Here's list of my wishes and I believe it's easy to do it...

1. Ability to put only year of birth for players, staff etc... E.g. for many LL footballers in Croatia I know only year of birth and sadly I can't put it that way in Editor... This option was available in CM01/02 editor, and in FM2011 Editor I managed somehow to add only year of birth for many players...

2. Please, return Editor as it was in 2007 and 2008 editions...It is processing faster IMO and I easier to navigate through various sections of clubs, players, nation rules...

3. Ability to use editor data in FM Classic/Touch mode

4. Adding continental cups to current structure... E.g. adding Intertoto Cup to game without changing Champions League and Europa League format and without disabling competition rankings...

5. In FM2007 or FM2008 every player, that doesnt have DOB in editor, is aged 15-16 in game...I think that is much better than now when players without DOB are aged 25, 28, or even 30+... So I believe that can be corrected too...

6. Stadium editor would be nice and one issue that annoys me alot... You have lower league club with stadium's capacity of 100 and no seating capacity...In game you can see clearly two things - 1st - capacity isn't 100, and there are "seating places"that shouldn't be there at all...Small, amateur clubs around the world dont have stands only pitch...So why is that not possible in FM?? Once again give us stadium editor

7. Give us more variety in kit selection...Kit selection has changed little over the years...

8. More options in "basic" nation rules... E.g. If game ends in draw, there would be penalty shotout, and winner gets one point... (In ex-Yugoslavia there was this specific rule)

Does anyone from SI read this wishlist?? You are "improving" game every year, and you forget Editor -.-

Decent feedback when there is an error (advanced rules).

This is my life haha. Why did this go wrong? Let me try every option in the book for 10 hours to get by one tiny error that sometimes isn't even wrong. Beyond that, the ability to edit hardcoded stuff such as the MLS because it's terrible to have to remake entire leagues over and over again.

Hi guys

I am a huge FM fan and I really like the game.

Like many fans, I also like to make some changes on the game and "try" to use the editor to reach my goals.

And the editor is maybe one point which should get a huge change to make it easier, more straight away and therefore more user friendly.

I really hope that this comes to the FM R+D team and I really hope that the editor could improve because it is really not straight away and it currently needs hours of work and tests. Even the editors concept is not straight away.

For example: Can I change all national rules etc. on the same database or do I need to make a database for every single nation I would like to change? The intercontinental cups like Champions League? How can I affect the number of teams per nation which qualifies and on which stages? Where can I change the national league points (England first position, Spain 2nd, Germany 3rd with 5 years points etc.)?

I mean; just to change the number of foreigners or home growth players etc. requires a huge effort going to national rules than advanced settings than going to the fixture rules and there you can change the rules.

Does it really need to be like that? Do we really need to change every single rule for every single league? How can I put all rules for every nation and league on one time? I mean, I really like to change the game but I would like also to start a game without the need to use the editor for ages before. I mean, before I change the whole FM2015 you are going to develope FM 2020.

EA sports had also an editor for their games and I think that editor could bring some new ideas.

Thanks a lot for your great game that you provide every year and for your great effort.

TRPietro