*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to manage the pool of future regens' names and surnames (I.E. In Italy I always get regens named "Dante" "Pancrazio" "Ezechiele" or other names that sounds pretty old and are rare or in disuse. Irl kids have names like Kevin, Gabriel or classics like Francesco, Antonio, Matteo etc.). It would be also useful for edited nations.

Ability to edit FFP rules? I can't find it so maybe I'm blind

1. Advanced Rules

2. make rules for nation

3. scroll to fixture rules in the left-side browser, add a new rule, click the ">" symbol for your rule in the left-side browser to make the financial fair play rules appear

4. click enable top-right corner

5. add a rule, and click it. Can add sanctions and limits etc.

That's for new rules for a nation, not sure if it's there for existing rules, but will probably be somewhere similar if it is.

An undo button so that if you make a mistake it can be corrected easily.

The ability to search for people/teams by nation. e.g.: search for all teams in a certain country

It might have been mentioned already but to be able to add Nations, regions etc

I have tried and have been unable to create a playoff where 1 team from a higher division plays off against (3) teams from a lower division with the winner taking their place in the higher division. (a bit like in Scotland/Germany)

Being able to see all competitions from a nation. Some of them don't have the nation name in their title so don't show up when you type that nation in the search bar.

The ability to 'auto-create' players for a newly created team with the player ratings adjusted according to the team's reputation.

A plus or minus 'button' to adjust every player associated with a team up or down by a percentage.

Being able to edit fixtures to leave some match days free when cup games take place so that no league games are played on that date (without having to add each one individually as excluded days in advanced editor)

Being notified if you fix a cup game around the same time as a continental competition game.

How do you do it??

Got to Database --> Club --> filter --> nation

you might have to narrow it down further as the editor only displays 500 results (i normally add "reputation higher than/lower than" as an aditional filter)

I'd ask for a better local competition criteria.

If I want to create a Saxony, a Brandenburg, a Berlin and a Thuringia subdivision, which are all part of a football pyramid level, I'd rather have a "pick teams from region: Brandenburg AND region: Berlin" instead of a coordinates system which might include undesired zones (like Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in this case).

Currently, it happens frequently that teams from Sardinia join leagues in Lombardy, which is hundred of kilometers distant, increasing travelling expenses - that makes no sense to me.

- vertical parent competitions as well as horizontal ones (e.g. The Football League as the parent of the Championship and Leagues 1&2, Lega Nazionale Professionisti as the parent of Serie A&B, Liga de Futbol Profesional as parent to La Liga and Segunda etc.) and/or the ability to set fixture, squad, transfer and discipline rules for multiple competitions at once and/or the ability for awards to consider players from more than one specific competition

Just to point that, Italian system has Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A for Serie A, Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie B for Serie B, Lega Italiana Calcio Professionistico for Lega Pro, Lega Nazionale Dilettanti for Serie D and the regional committees of Lega Nazionale Dilettanti organizing local leagues from Eccellenza to Terza Categoria. ;)

Why on earth should (would in your case) you pay for a tool used for editing the game you purchased in the first place!?

I've never seen a game editor being anything other than free. If anything, SI can be thankful for the modding community Football Manager has. Within a month of release, you can find most of the previously unplayable leagues free for download and ready to play. That brings A LOT of new content and much more choices to make when starting a new save.

Completely and definitely agreeing with this.

I see the editor as a game itself.

The content produced however should always be free!

Implying that one should pay to create custom databases and receive nothing in change. Pure logic.

Ok, official SI database is made up that way, but then if I revamp the Welsh system you either have to pay me for the content or SI for the editor.

Hi Guys,

I'm starting to log ideas for Editor Features for future versions.

Rather than trying to sift through all the different threads to find individual ideas, can you please post them here.

If you can give me a brief summary of what you want and why it would be beneficial that would also be great.

Cheers,

Max

1. A help file. From my perspective, the editor has a rich enough feature-set. But sometimes it isn't clear how to accomplish something.

2. Save as Xml. I have added a competition and points deduction and later removed them from the rules. In both cases the competition and points deduction remained in the game. In the past I have been able to hand-edit (remove) the offending Xml element. Without this ability I have to re-create the rules which is time-consuming. Fundamentally these are bugs in the editor. In a perfect world they would not happen; but seeing the Xml directly affords the ability to resolve them myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a new nation and adjusting the start date for a save. The latter could be tricky if the start date is allowed to be changed by not just months but years, because you'd need to either progress the careers of all existing real people in the game before the save can actually start, or have a completely newgen database of players and staff (which would be faster to set up but would have no trace of real people). Creating a new country should be less of a problem, I think.

Adding a new nation and adjusting the start date for a save. The latter could be tricky if the start date is allowed to be changed by not just months but years, because you'd need to either progress the careers of all existing real people in the game before the save can actually start, or have a completely newgen database of players and staff (which would be faster to set up but would have no trace of real people). Creating a new country should be less of a problem, I think.

1.you can do that now

2.can edit a league to start later or holiday for x amount of years then join game when you want to

• 2 weeks later...

Please, let us have a way to edit Wellington Phoenix status in continental football and make them eligible to play in AFC champions league as it's just impossible to change that right now. Please!

The ability to edit under 21 competition names ie English under 21 group (whatever). I edit the competition names (I prefer to do this rather than use someone else's work) and then it says for the under 21/18 competitions 'English under 21/18. I know there's a real name fix out there but as I said earlier I prefer to do my own work

• 2 weeks later...
in previous versions of game if you selected certain nations you could start game in feb/march the following year

can we have this option brought back for FM16

Like I said in your other thread, it was never removed. The MLS is preventing you, so don't select that league and you will be able to start in 2015.

Like I said in your other thread, it was never removed. The MLS is preventing you, so don't select that league and you will be able to start in 2015.

yep cheers

but surely that isn't right selecting MLS should have no bearing on other nations start dates, thanks for workaround but should be sorted for FM16

could we have the option to overhaul transfers dealing with clubs/players/agents in the following way

edit a club's transfer centre activity

the ideas I have are being able to edit a club's transfer targets so like the relationship sections there could be a section where we could add likely transfer targets

so using Man Utd as an example Hummels could be added at 100% likely/want to buy and make that permanent

Vidal 50% likely set time limit 2-3 years for example

using the same principal to players a club might sell

using Utd again rafael 90% likely to sell permanent

rooney 20% likely permanent

hopefully this would allow AI teams to target players as we are seeing in real life(if this can be edited with RTE that would be fantastic)

following on would be a sliding scale where a club can be set to being more/less likely to sell star players if offers come in

other option I would like to see is being able to approach an agent ''tapping up'' so you could offer a contract to the agent where details of wages could be agreed and an idea of a transfer fee could also be discussed which the agent would then smooth over with the player's current club stating his client wants to leave and won't be signing another contract

linked to this in a player's career plans/and or contract section we can edit his morale/ state his plans in more details i.e. unhappy in current playing role/not playing enough games/hasn't settled at club/ wants to move to a bigger club etc etc

I hope this is considered, I personally think this would be a great feature and bring more realism into the game

Some way to edit the automatic second nationality of nations. For example, some Caribbean nations get automatic English/Dutch/French second nationalities and if I make the Caribbean nation better, the best players will always declare for England/Holland/France. What I want is some way to prevent that from happening, without swapping in "empty" nations like the CIS or pre-1916 Ireland, etc.

The other option is to allow the creation of entirely new nations, similar to how entirely new cities can be created. With this particular issue, I think there were hard-coded issues in the past, though.

Another thing is to allow different numbers of teams in the various confederations. Currently, CONCACAF has 42 nations, but only 35 are full FIFA members. I'd like to be able to convert some of those non-FIFA members into full FIFA members without completely wrecking World Cup Qualifying. Of course, I'd also like to be able to edit World Cup Qualifying in a much easier fashion, but that's probably not high on the list of the priorities. On the other hand, it seems to me that being able to edit the second nationality would be very, very easy to implement.

Some way to edit the automatic second nationality of nations. For example, some Caribbean nations get automatic English/Dutch/French second nationalities and if I make the Caribbean nation better, the best players will always declare for England/Holland/France. What I want is some way to prevent that from happening, without swapping in "empty" nations like the CIS or pre-1916 Ireland, etc.

The other option is to allow the creation of entirely new nations, similar to how entirely new cities can be created. With this particular issue, I think there were hard-coded issues in the past, though.

Another thing is to allow different numbers of teams in the various confederations. Currently, CONCACAF has 42 nations, but only 35 are full FIFA members. I'd like to be able to convert some of those non-FIFA members into full FIFA members without completely wrecking World Cup Qualifying. Of course, I'd also like to be able to edit World Cup Qualifying in a much easier fashion, but that's probably not high on the list of the priorities. On the other hand, it seems to me that being able to edit the second nationality would be very, very easy to implement.

your first point might be addressed under the info section of a nation there is an option ''does not allow dual nationality''

that covers a country not selecting players who qualify via second nationality. so do this to the countries you want it to relate to ie caribbean nations and holland etc etc

be interesting to see if it does the job

your first point might be addressed under the info section of a nation there is an option ''does not allow dual nationality''

that covers a country not selecting players who qualify via second nationality. so do this to the countries you want it to relate to ie caribbean nations and holland etc etc

Interesting. Is that in the FM15 editor? I'm still working with FM14 as I'm currently waiting for FM16 to be released.

If that works, that'll be the solution to my biggest complaint. Everything else is just gravy after that, heh.

Is there a database out there that has the lower tiers of English football?

I remember EEE on FM2014, but can't find one for this year.

Anyone know?

welcome to forum but this thread is for things we want in future versions of editor not questions like this

check fmbase/ sortitoutsi for downloads

Pretty sure some/all things are already mentioned:

1. Ability to import data from Excel-sheets (or .txt-files, whatever). That would be a huge help for me, adding 4000+ competitions, teams, cities and stadiums each year.

2. Also the ability to easily change the club colours of imported teams, if possible with the same file mentioned under 1.

3. A better working regional split for custum added regional divisions. Each year I enter regional boundaries to competitions on the same level, and I add coordinates to cities and the preferred competion to clubs, and each year FM makes a mess of the regional divisions, with clubs entering competitions for which they have to travel hundreds of km's instead of a competition nearby.

4. A manual to the editor, both basic and advanced. I know my knowledge of the advanced editor is pretty extensive, but some features still are unknown to me.

If those 4 options would be added to the editor, I seriously would consider buying that FM-game. Due to my disappointment in the editor I've declined on FM15 and are still playing FM14 (with my own regional database, with all its flaws and setbacks).

can we have the option to edit the quality of future regens:thup:

I know there are various factors that influence this coaching/youth rating of nation/ club/ nation/economic etc etc

and there is an option under nation already where you can edit youth rating...either this doesn't work or isn't for regens...as I have just started a new game well into 2015

and using an in game editor(it is july 2015 in game) I have searched for new regens aged 14-16, the results are alarming in that I found this-

there were 3 regens from scotland with a PA equal or better than MESSI:eek::eek::eek:(Scotland has a youth rating in DB of 83 compared to brazil 163/germany 155 spain 145/england 120)

there were 5 scottish players in the top 10 regens, the other top players coming from Mexico and USA with very high PA's and all obviously on youth contracts so could be signed for very little, I know there are different dates for regens being generated to various countries and this is influenced by the playable nations selected at start up(I am running all major nations)

what I have outlined is totally unrealistic and needs addressing please

I will resolve by using the RTE to drop those PA's down a lot but would prefer an option to do this pre game as a batch of regens are being produced with -10 ratings when in the normal DB there are usually 2-3 max, the regens at minor nations are miles better that what we are calling WONDERKIDS in real life

• 2 months later...

Nations friendlies creation tool back and to work this time, it never worked in fm14 and they have removed it from fm15 editor, used to be able to create the friendlies of your nation based on the actual fixtures planned and on the dates. for example pre world cup or european championship friendlies in that host nation country.

I tested out FM15 and it seems that that feature only prevents players from acquiring a second nationality. I'm not sure if it does what you said re: picking players with a second nationality.

In the Caribbean, the problem is that anyone who's decent will choose to represent the other country (i.e., England or Holland or France or the US, in the case of Puerto Rico) because it has a far better chance of actually making a World Cup. What I want to do is not give Caribbean players the option to have a second nationality so they have to represent the country of their birth. I realize this is a long shot since SI doesn't seem to care about anything other than UEFA, but I'll keep hammering on it, heh.

Another option would be to put 40 or so empty nations in the database. What I mean by that is that these would be nations that could be swapped into the game without having to touch other nations, like pre-1922 Ireland or West Germany or East Germany and so on. That way, I could just copy, say, the Cayman Islands data to this new empty nation and it wouldn't have an automatic second nationality. It's a roundabout way of solving a problem SI could fix by adding a tick box that says "Automatic second nationality yes/no", but I'm getting kinda desperate.

Here are the things that the Editor must be improved soon.

-The ability to create more or less nations qualified for the qualification events of the FIFA World Cup and continental competitions.

-The ability to create add more friendly matches outside the FIFA International Match Calendar.

-The ability to set the season in the previous years to replay your manager's career. (i.e.: 1992, 2011)

-The ability to add advanced settings for new nations, leagues, competitions and club teams.

-The ability to add or subtract teams qualified for any competition in the future

-The ability to add another nationality in every nation

Having looked through, I agree with a lot of what I see; I think I would like to see the following:

- Regional Boundary definitions - As mentioned, rather than use a city as a boundary, regions should be used such as East Midlands, etc.

- The ability to advance the age of all players by 1 or more years, and backwards. This can be used to create better fantasy databases/next seasons databases.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway you can delete the U21 and U18 in the editor? Wycombe for example doesn´t play in a league with their U21 and U18.

Just tick the "has no reserve / youth fixtures" boxes.