*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Income should be much more controled by us - lot of options are "strange".

For example - i can set "man kit" income for 1 year and tick "renew income " box. Game will renew income but amount will be default - 48k€

Its too much for some lower leagues and i can say this option is broken.

You guys should add some more controled system of income. Maybe you can add option to add income for some division level. This way we can control how much money will be given to the clubs.

For my serbian system i found workaround - i added almost all income options to all clubs and i limited that income to some small amount - 2000€ per season.

Money is given using "prize money" option and finance situation is much more realistic.

This thread is all about this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of communication in editor bugs forum  - specially after july.

Every year we have this "problem". Lack of communication in this forum after august. I understand that you guys works on fm18 but we still have fm17 and we are trying to solve issues with it. Issues that will probably appear on fm18 too.

I reported 1 bug i will report 1 more later today (finances problem in lower leagues caused by unrealistic sponsorhip income) but problems here are complex often and we need communication with SI if we want to solve it.

Many of these bugs will be in FM18 and only way to prevent this is to communicate. By communication i mean aswers from somebody in some normal period - 3-5 days.

Sometimes we get first answer after 25 days, we respond to it and after that we have to wait again 10-15 days to next message from SI.

Like Matt Damon on Mars :)

Every year we failed to fix some major issues (that issues are here for several years now) because communication speed is slow.

IMO some change is needed here. 2 years ago we had chance to ask coders some questions. Maybe SI should make some testing team (like beta testers) who will be more involved in this.

SI - dont take this as an insult or anything similar. Im just trying to make things better with editor and this is only way i can do it.

R

Krlenjushka

maybe it should be dropdown menu if you want to filter by positions/attributes. Because it's quite annoying going through the filters and picking positions one after another.

Can we please add an additional options for more secundary division options (like regional cup option). I would like to make Regional cup and County cup and this last one I'm force to place teams by hand in the cup settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Two things:

(1) Please stop making stuff hard-coded. Or at least make a note somewhere in the editor (or game documentation, if that's still a thing for modern games) of which competitions, etc. are hard-coded. It will save a lot of frustration.

(2) Make an easy way for me to change jersey numbers (i.e., squad numbers) in the in-game editor. If FMRTE can do it, so can the official in-game editor.

On 9/2/2017 at 09:24, krlenjushka said:

Lack of communication in editor bugs forum  - specially after july.

Every year we have this "problem". Lack of communication in this forum after august. I understand that you guys works on fm18 but we still have fm17 and we are trying to solve issues with it. Issues that will probably appear on fm18 too.

I reported 1 bug i will report 1 more later today (finances problem in lower leagues caused by unrealistic sponsorhip income) but problems here are complex often and we need communication with SI if we want to solve it.

Many of these bugs will be in FM18 and only way to prevent this is to communicate. By communication i mean aswers from somebody in some normal period - 3-5 days.

Sometimes we get first answer after 25 days, we respond to it and after that we have to wait again 10-15 days to next message from SI.

Like Matt Damon on Mars :)

Every year we failed to fix some major issues (that issues are here for several years now) because communication speed is slow.

IMO some change is needed here. 2 years ago we had chance to ask coders some questions. Maybe SI should make some testing team (like beta testers) who will be more involved in this.

SI - dont take this as an insult or anything similar. Im just trying to make things better with editor and this is only way i can do it.

R

Krlenjushka

This is one of the major flaws of the release-a-new-version-every-year model. It could be partially solved by going to a two-year upgrade cycle (i.e., FM 2018, FM 2020, FM 2022, etc.) instead of a one-year upgrade cycle. But that will never happen, obvs., lol.

Also, my annual request to either let us get rid of automatic second nationalities, like those on Caribbean islands that are still part of the overseas territories controlled by European nations, or give us a way to set what the automatic second nationalities are (none/England/France/whoever).

Also, I would really like a way to create new nations from scratch.

1 hour ago, naxself said:

Two things:

(1) Please stop making stuff hard-coded. Or at least make a note somewhere in the editor (or game documentation, if that's still a thing for modern games) of which competitions, etc. are hard-coded. It will save a lot of frustration.

(2) Make an easy way for me to change jersey numbers (i.e., squad numbers) in the in-game editor. If FMRTE can do it, so can the official in-game editor.

I'm pretty sure that some of the hard coded stuff is due to licensing and because the lawyers have told SI some things that couldn't be done. 

5 hours ago, naxself said:

This is one of the major flaws of the release-a-new-version-every-year model. It could be partially solved by going to a two-year upgrade cycle (i.e., FM 2018, FM 2020, FM 2022, etc.) instead of a one-year upgrade cycle. But that will never happen, obvs., lol.

Yeah because they care only about money. Every year idiots (included me) buy 50% working game and we solve bugs until march. After that we have 3-4 months to play and all over again.

If i need to wait 30-35 days to get answer in bugs forum-i dont wanna buy this game every year. I will play fm17 next year also.

editor should be less demanding on PCs imo...  on the other hand, i don't believe something will change... several years i see only "comsetic" changes... i think it could be done lot more in basic rules section, stadium editor would be better as stand-alone application in which you could load editor data and edit lower league stadiums (ones you created in editor and those already in game)... very important thing also to add sub divisions to sub divisions..just like that... 

however, i highly doubt this thread is watched by SI...

and like klenjushka said, we lose several months, before game actually can be played...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 18:24, krlenjushka said:

Yeah because they care only about money. Every year idiots (included me) buy 50% working game and we solve bugs until march. After that we have 3-4 months to play and all over again.

If i need to wait 30-35 days to get answer in bugs forum-i dont wanna buy this game every year. I will play fm17 next year also.

I'm still using FM14 and FM16, so there's that. I also prefer FM14 to FM16, despite the limitations.

the sad thing as @krlenjushka says is correct and the product does improve however the editor's community do feel a bit ignored and there is very little feedback and we see the same issues year on year 

there should be transparency and I have asked a few times for a public poll to be added  to these requests threads with input from SI re a cut off date for consideration so we can see what thee community wants (say a top 10 list) and then feedback as to what will be considered/worked on for the next version.

This way we know any requests after a certain date are pointless and we can see what is likely to be added to the next editor, no need for dramas/cloak and dagger stuff ....the community ask for say 10 things SI report back saying we can only take on 4 at this stage at least we know it is being addressed and its requests the community have made not something they think we want

as regards the IGE the issue for me is this potentially could be a gem of a product it does a few things and really well however it sums it up that a non SI product which is basically a one man band can do about 40 different things more so how can this be the case if SI took the editor/s seriously it should blow the opposition out of the water 

thing is as we all know some features are requested for years, since 2010 when data editor changed a lot... sub divisions to sub divisions, stadia editor, more options in basic rules, kits variety, less demandin software on your pc... imo editor as game itself only has some minor changes every year but those small changes are wrapped like something "big" and we know that's not the case...

like kingrobbo said before, there's no feedback from SI and that makes things even worse, because same issues persist year after year... instead of doing things in editor in simple fashion, stuff in advanced rules are too complicated...

Two small things: 

a) Make it possible to move free transfers with staff attributes to clubs as players. "Move to other club" should either ask me if I want to move him as a player or staff, or there should be a different option like "make national manager of" etc. 

b) Make it possible to 'force' players to retire at their current clubs. eg, I like seeing players retire at their home clubs so I do this a lot but if they're not willing to retire by the end of the season, they get transferred to random clubs at age 35 or age 37. 

On 10/21/2017 at 17:19, Affo said:

A way to export list of clubs / players etc so when preparing ideas for databases it is much easier to put clubs in the leagues required rather than typing out team names etc  into a spreadsheet.

there is way to export list of clubs/players - if you need send pm.

More freedom when editing/creating nations. IE ability to edit population, the ability to enter teams into World Cup and Continental qualifiers without another team being kicked out (automatically or manually), not to mention newgens being created when editing over defunct nations such as CIS or Zaire, something that was once in the game and has been removed in the past couple of incarnations. In fact I would suggest that nation creating has deteriorated in the past couple of games, seems much more restricted when editing defunct nations, leaving editing over an in-game nation as the best compromise which is not ideal. 

Other than that the ability to create cross-border leagues would be amazing, but I understand that is unlikely to ever happen.

From a feature perspective, not sure SI (understandably) gives a damn about fantasy stuff.

That said, being able to make  a set of european competitions that use coefficients without the ridiculous bias toward the big four countries should be easier. Seems straighforward to remodel Scotland, England, US and I often do, but trying to remodel european or any confederations continental cup is hampered by the qualification elements.

I've tried repeatedly to build an actual champions league (for champions) a cup winners cup and a europa for 2-4th places, but coffefficents and qualification are a mare.

On 31/10/2017 at 14:18, LCpl said:

From a feature perspective, not sure SI (understandably) gives a damn about fantasy stuff.

That said, being able to make  a set of european competitions that use coefficients without the ridiculous bias toward the big four countries should be easier. Seems straighforward to remodel Scotland, England, US and I often do, but trying to remodel european or any confederations continental cup is hampered by the qualification elements.

I've tried repeatedly to build an actual champions league (for champions) a cup winners cup and a europa for 2-4th places, but coffefficents and qualification are a mare.

Following this, it's also very tough to edit international tournaments and remove, "merge" or add countries. For example I want a united Copa America and a single qualification system among other interesting (or not) projects. Very hard to accomplish.  I also wanted to use Egypt, Morocco etc and Lebanon in Europe but it tends to crash, not sure if it's isolated to them or due to other changes that I tend to make, but it's something that has happened in other sports historically and I thought it'd be cool to have - for example - Egypt and Tunisia instead of San Marino and Liechtenstein in a qualification group. 

Edited by Yuko

How about something for competitions to parallel the "new club" option that extinct clubs have? (I.E. "new competition") Personally I'd quite like it if I wasn't being told that my team won the Carabao cup in 1976, for example. I actually prefer to just edit all competitions to their non-sponsored names but even they change over time, so it's inaccurate to say that Sheffield Wednesday won the Premier League in 1904, for example, since it was nearly 90 years away from existing. Alternatively/also there could be an optional "sponsored/official name" or "generic name" field alongside the "name" and "short name" fields for competitions in the editor.

@KUBI

hi mate can we have that public poll we discussed previously set up so we can have input from users here as to a top 10 request list for SI /us to see and vote on with a cut off date 

as it is now some good suggestions are lost here and we dont get feedback from SI as to what they are working on/or will consider from the request list/s

surely this is a way forward so there is clear comms and they can see what the community want and try to take it on for the next patch/release etc

cheers

6 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

@KUBI

hi mate can we have that public poll we discussed previously set up so we can have input from users here as to a top 10 request list for SI /us to see and vote on with a cut off date 

as it is now some good suggestions are lost here and we dont get feedback from SI as to what they are working on/or will consider from the request list/s

surely this is a way forward so there is clear comms and they can see what the community want and try to take it on for the next patch/release etc

cheers

i agree with this... this needs to be done sooner than later... but how we can determine what are most important wishes??

for me, definetly, ability to add sub divisions to sub divisions, just like sub divisions to parent divisions..

• KUBI unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

I'm gonna go ahead and post this here as well because it fits more:

Can it be possible to edit nation rules instead of being forced to start new ones from scratch that will potentially not even work as the majority of users, like myself, isn't capable of remaking these rules?

For example I may want to add a point deduction in a league, or make a minor change in a registration rule, or simply change one of the matchday times. 

Going over 6 levels of English football divisions to make a slight change in League Two is just too much. 

Of course we would have to make sure that the adjusted rules are valid and the won't make the game crash. This would save a lot of time from people who like to edit leagues and it will also increase the activity of the editing community. 

On 07/04/2019 at 22:36, Yuko said:

I'm gonna go ahead and post this here as well because it fits more:

Can it be possible to edit nation rules instead of being forced to start new ones from scratch that will potentially not even work as the majority of users, like myself, isn't capable of remaking these rules?

For example I may want to add a point deduction in a league, or make a minor change in a registration rule, or simply change one of the matchday times. 

Going over 6 levels of English football divisions to make a slight change in League Two is just too much. 

Of course we would have to make sure that the adjusted rules are valid and the won't make the game crash. This would save a lot of time from people who like to edit leagues and it will also increase the activity of the editing community. 

you can do that now easily by just accessing the advanced rules you do not have to recreate anything from scratch

everything you mention can be done in seconds 

, if you are unsure there is a load of info here how to do this

On 12/04/2019 at 00:18, Roy Race 9 said:

if you have made the changes in the right sections they will work 

Thanks for your help, they worked.

edit: Appreciate your help, I have sorted things out :) And I am very surprised that I was not aware of this possibility all these years!

Edited by Yuko

It could appoint in which area is located the error at Advanced Rules.

For example:

If there is a problem in Dates section of League Schedules of Stage 0 that makes competition to be endless and not to finish in time for the season update (let's use 22/6/2019 as a date example), it could say the following message (In bold, the feature that should be added):

((competition) has not finished in time for the season update day 22/6/2019. Error area: Stages > Stage 0 > League Schedules > Dates)

If Sports Interactive add it for every error, it would turn our lifes easier as we wouldn't be confused searching for what is exactly happening without having a notion of where is the error.

• 2 years later...
On 19/11/2014 at 14:48, claassen said:

For Central American Leagues (Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Salvador), for the qualification in the North America Champions League, it would have to take the winners of Apertura and Clausura stages, or at worst the best runner-up, if the winner to the Apertura and Clausura is the same. ;)

I searched a lot, tried dozens of combination but I think that it's impossible to reproduce this with the current editor. Or so, it's maybe the champion's league that is bad hardcoded.

Hi Claassen... Did you found any solution for this kind of problem? Could you explain it to me?