*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IGE the ability to add injuries/bans/WP to players

also the option with presets such as heal/remove bans etc to use on certain selected players eg 3 or 4 players in squad at a time , rather than as it is now the whole squad or selecting one player ata time

would love to see the option to make other AI managers unsackable 

and the option to change prize money/tv money etc to comps to take effect the following season/and or when the comp resets 

asked before would like the ability to edit a club's likely transfer targets and players likely to be sold

Edited by kingrobbo

It would be appriciated to:

- fix choosing local regions in Reserve Leagues,
- add the same Local Regions option to competitions (being able to choose more than one local region for single competition is crucial),

- stronger priority or even hard setting for regional divisions option,

- dynamic relegation zones (setting min. and max. number of possible relegated places), which would be determined accordingly to regional division settings of clubs relegated from upper division. Problem described here, but there should be an easier way to set something like this, don't you think? It's a standard solution IRL after all),

- fix ignoring promotion/relegation settings, when lower division in the structure is set inactive/extinct,

- add choosing multiple cities that media source covers,
- add national teams as covered area of media source - just like clubs,

- more standard options in Reserve Leagues - right now it's just poor version of main competitions settings, don't know exactly why. Please at least let us set league schedule for them, not just start and end date.

- fix date settings - for example, start date of reserve leagues is ignored (they start about 2 weeks earlier than they should),

- add options for next stages of competitions to start number of days after last match of previous stage (as I said, specific dates are ignored/set earlier, even before previous stage is finished).

Problem with variable number of relegated spots

I will try to explain this. I created system with dynamic relegations from child competitions-just like in real life. Here is thread about this:

Problem is when some of leagues from same level doesnt have division below. Because of that -with "dynamic relegation" system used - number of relegation spots is not fixed. Number varies from year to year-number of promoted spots in lower league is fixed.

In my case its 64 in level 6 -when 65 teams are relegated from level 5,  FM simply promote 1 random team from level 6 to "fix" this issue. This way FM break my system because that 1 team is not needed.

Now -  i understand FM is not created for my crazy systems but i dont understand why game promote teams by itself - game should "listen" settings from file.

I tried to use min/max option for relegated places in parent competition.

I also tried to set "valid years" option in parent competition with min/max number of teams.

No luck with that.

FM simply cant handle dinamic number of teams in parent competition total- if we not use "number of extra lower division teams to be promoted".

I cant use that option because i dont know how many teams will be relegated from this level or when.

When i use system with fixed number of teams in all leagues of that level  - everything is perfect.

Thats because in this case number of relegated teams is always same-only question is where.

I understand this is not a bug but i think that settings in file should be used in first place when game creates system. Also my "dynamic relegation" thread is maybe way for guys from SI to implement this real-life relegation in FM. If i can do this with limited options-you guys can create this easily.

This would mean this "issue" must be solved first.

Thanks

I almost forgot - we need more advanced filtering of database changes list. Right now is just order/record and filter by ID/name. Very, very poorly.

Let's say I have huge editor data file from which I want to delete all records except 1 specific type of them (People for example). But you can't filter changes list for specific type or exclude one, and what's more you can't tick more than one change in one go - you have to click at every single one of them holding Ctrl (dragging the cursor down won't work and Ctrl+A is pointless since you have to untick a lot of records anyway). Not to mention anything even a little more complicated.

Edited by Ceyvol

When editing competitions the option should be there to exclude certain dates and have all competitions take these into account.

For instance, officially Ajax vs Lyon would have played on May 4th, but because of Rememberance Day this will never happen in the Netherlands. It should be able to assign certain days where no competition takes place in a nation because of certain events.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be possible to set Regional Divisions for Youth Teams. It's quite annoying to have completely scattered youth leagues after just one season.

Edited by Kruj

3 minutes ago, Kruj said:

It should be possible to set Regional Divisions for Youth Teams. It's quite annoying to have completely scattered youth leagues after just one season.

you can set this by using "regional divisions". Its bugged but you can add local regions manualy in xml file. Works 100%.

Just now, krlenjushka said:

you can set this by using "regional divisions". Its bugged but you can add local regions manualy in xml file. Works 100%.

I know but that isn't enough! Youth Leagues in Germany are quite difficult so I need the possibility to set a specific Youth League for each team!

16 hours ago, mmmikey said:

Easily editing competition finances - prize and television money. 

it is easy to do now, don't think it could be any easier to be honest

updated your thread on how to do this for you

Edited by kingrobbo

On 2017-5-3 at 15:00, Wolf_pd said:

When editing competitions the option should be there to exclude certain dates and have all competitions take these into account.

For instance, officially Ajax vs Lyon would have played on May 4th, but because of Rememberance Day this will never happen in the Netherlands. It should be able to assign certain days where no competition takes place in a nation because of certain events.

I'd be concerned about this being added. The game's fixture scheduling isn't the best and already runs into occasional issues with international breaks and the like. Make it any more complex without fixing that and it's likely to get worse.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a possibility to set custom ID's (f.e. instead of 123456789 yyou'd be able to make it XYZ123456789)

This would be a small addition to the editor, but great help for facepacks and logopack for custom made players and clubs. Also, it would allow creators to easily stand out from the default db's players/clubs. Also, it would prevent ID's from fanmade creations to clash with eachother.

Where SI has it's limitations, the modding community makes up for it. I think SI should focus more on this field of their game

I use my editor file to keep the game DB up-to-date. Here are a few of my ideas/suggestions for the pre-game editor:

1. There are many transfers in real life where the player signs on e.g. a one-year deal with an option for an extra year e.g. in the link below. I'd like to have the option to add the additional year(s) to the contract clauses section of future transfers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36324363

"Barnsley have signed striker Stefan Payne from National League side Dover Athletic on an initial two-year deal with the option of an extra year"

2. Another one I'd like to see added is be future loan moves. 

3. I'd like to see player retirement dates reintroduced. This used to be possible in previous versions of the editor. Ticking the "retiring after current spell" doesn't always work. 

4. The ability to set staff as caretaker manager. This used to be possible in previous versions.

I don't know if someone else suggested it (won't read 8 pages :rolleyes:), but you should add the greyed out "Recommended Current Ability" to staff as well.
There are so many non-players with 0 in their attributes and it's not easy to check how close you are to their edited Current Ability (create new game->check->go back to editor and change->create new game->check and so on).

Edited by ilkork

As far as the in-game editor is concerned, it would be a good new feature if you could set a staff role when you move him/her to a new club. For example, if you wanted to move Joe Bloggs to Watford - when you select "move to other club" on Joe Bloggs' profile, you would select Watford as the club and then have a drop down menu to select e.g. "Assistant Manager" as the role at Watford. If Joe Bloggs was loaded in the DB as just a coach, currently you would need to edit his staff roles under "edit staff details" first before you would be able to move him to a club with any other staff role than a coach.

Another suggestion for the pre-game editor:

Would it be possible to customise the view on the player screen under staff and players so you could see more details like you can do on the squad screen in the game itself e.g. contract expiry dates, place of birth etc?

editor.jpeg

9 hours ago, london boy said:

Another suggestion for the pre-game editor:

Would it be possible to customise the view on the player screen under staff and players so you could see more details like you can do on the squad screen in the game itself e.g. contract expiry dates, place of birth etc?

editor.jpeg

It should be possible to do that already, I think. Just right click on the column headers.

3 hours ago, london boy said:

I have tried that but you can't add new columns with new information

If you add a column and it doesn't show the information in the "search results", just double click on a player and then go back to the search results. The information will be there now.
editor_views.png

2 minutes ago, ilkork said:

If you add a column and it doesn't show the information in the "search results", just double click on a player and then go back to the search results. The information will be there now.
editor_views.png

It's not search results he's talking about it's club>staff & players>players

Just now, DAOH29 said:

It's not search results he's talking about it's club>staff & players>players

Ah, sorry.
Yes, he is right about that, good suggestion. We should have been able to add columns there.

Would be amazing if we could edit how many teams qualify for european leagues per country properly. Currently it is only possible to make a fixed version which is useless. I would love to make more tiers of european competition.

Another suggestion for the in-game editor is to be able to change the staff role for people who are already employed by a club. Maybe this could be added under "edit club contract details" ? For example, if Joe Bloggs is e.g. a head of youth development but you want to change him to an assistant manger. 

23 minutes ago, london boy said:

Another suggestion for the in-game editor is to be able to change the staff role for people who are already employed by a club. Maybe this could be added under "edit club contract details" ? For example, if Joe Bloggs is e.g. a head of youth development but you want to change him to an assistant manger. 

you can do this now

change the staff role options to 1 in every category you dont want joe bloggs to do then 20 in option you do so ass man etc

terminate his contract with club using IGE then sign him to any team as ass man(you will see when he is a free agent his staff role changes to ass man)

2 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

you can do this now

change the staff role options to 1 in every category you dont want joe bloggs to do then 20 in option you do so ass man etc

terminate his contract with club using IGE then sign him to any team as ass man(you will see when he is a free agent his staff role changes to ass man)

I know how to get around it. I just thought that my suggestion would help to simplify the process :)

The maximum and minimum ages that you can set for clubs don't work 100% properly in my opinion. Players with amateur contracts still stick to their clubs despite being past 18yr... imho they should be automatically released

Edited by Dax_

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 17:58, adineen98 said:

When adding leagues to cup competitions, being able to mass add them when setting up the competition rather than adding them one by one, which can be very tedious when adding a large number of leagues

i agree with this...it'd be nice feature :) 

on the other hand, we need ability do mass edit (or add) playing histories aka career stats... more variety in kits editing...

It would be good to be able to set a contract type for players for future transfers in the pre-game editor e.g. full-time, part-time, amateur, non-contract etc

There are players who sign on an amateur basis for a professional club (especially in Holland). Non-contracts are more common in e.g. non-league football in the UK.

When you add a new nationality in the in-game editor you can't make the new nationality the declared for nation. It would be good if there was an option to select or edit the nationalities.

This would also be a good addition for cases where you need to swap someone's nationality e.g. If a player is French/Senegalese, you can't make Senegal the declared for nation using the in-game editor.  

Ability to change qualification system for club continental competitions in Europe(or any other continent). We can change almost everything now-only this cant. I know this qualification system is hardcoded but fixture rules are also hardcoded and we can override them.

Of course this must be linked with coefficients (maybe you guys can link another 1 or 2 competitions to coefficients system just for our changes :D ). "Nations " section under "europe" should get sorting rule and most important is "sort by nations club coefficients".

One more great option would be qualification places panel that we can change. Maybe that panel can "read" settings from "teams" section under "europe".

I know this is big request but maybe we can go step by step.

:thup:

The ability to change the number of points for home & away results separately. (e.g. 1 for home draw, 2 for away draw).

Change the format for setting the number of subs so that it's more manual - so you can have separate fields for # of subs available (home & away). # of subs you can use (home & away), extra subs in extra time & a tickbox to allow a sub for GK injury. That would be better than picking from a limited list.

Allow mass upload of things like positional prize money. Re adding prize money for every position, of every league that you've created, is REALLY tedious. Being able to add these en masse via something like a .csv would be massively appreciated.

A manual - I've used pretty much every FM Editor that's been made and I still have no idea what 80% of the things actually do. It would be good if there was something else to help, other than the occasional mini-blurb at the bottom of the screen. 

When adding histories to competitions, we should have the ability to add just a club name for an extinct club that won the competition in the past, just like when adding club legends in the club sub-tab, as it's pointless making a number of extinct clubs

Also, when editing a player's history, there should be a function where you can put in a start year and an end year and the editor will generate the necessary information, as I believe this would be especially useful if one was to edit a particular player's history who has been at a club for the majority of their career, and it would make things that bit quicker if we could do that rather than having to click add, and then change the year, and then add the club and so on (this would mainly be for situations where the duplicate option would not be suitable)

The ability to create new regions would be nice as well, and more flexibility in general when adding regional boundaries

Edited by adineen98

all these requests were presented to SI for several years now, but nothing important changes in editor, except that editor is more demanding on your pc... i doubt something will change... like game itself, editor is declining too

6 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

all these requests were presented to SI for several years now, but nothing important changes in editor, except that editor is more demanding on your pc... i doubt something will change... like game itself, editor is declining too

Editor is much better this year with some major bugs fixed...

1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

yes i know mate, but some requests like new kits designs, adding sub divisions to sub divisions, stadium editor are requested for years and nothing changes...

Step by step mate... 

You dont need sub to sub divisions anymore because "hard regional rules" are solution for everyhing about "teams in wrong division issues" we had earlier.

A few things that need addressed in the editor for 2018:

- In the Teams section under Continent (Advanced Rules), the 'Winner Of Other Competition' option is bugged, and using it gives every nation in the competition an extra team. I was trying to have the Champions League grab Europa League winner but can't.
- Make coefficients compatible with 'Edited Rules (Overrides All Original Rules)'. If you use Edited Rules, coefficients are eliminated from the competition
- Stadium layouts and colouring (even if it's just working with what we have now) would make a huge difference

IGE 

the ability to edit league tables/groups so you can edit world cup groups to get the real life situation if you want so the right team will go to world cup etc

also the ability to swap/change players in a national squad so that too can follow real life if you want to

the option to set a transfer to be at a future date as it is now it is instant 

ability to add injuries /bans to players 

all of these are to cover real life events if you wish to do so

I know this can be done using non SI IGE so surely it can be added to the official IGE 

Would it be possible  too for SI to give feedback as to what is going to be considered for the 2018 versions as it is now even when it comes out there is no full explanation what has been added etc

could we please have  a user poll here too to request what we want to see in the next version of both editors so you can see what the community wants,Perhaps it could be a sticky thread so we can see what has been voted for .A sort of top ten requests perhaps even added to this thread??

cheers

Edited by kingrobbo

Another idea I have for the in-game editor is to be able set a player's status as retired. Maybe the same the same "retiring after current spell" as with the pre-game editor under "Edit Player's personal details"

In addition, being able to set a player retirement date with the in-game editor would also be a good addition.

Edited by london boy