*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

can we have the option to show in a players' contract his status, key player/not wanted etc

also the ability to list a player for transfer/loan/listed by request etc via his contract so on game start up it will show straight away

more clauses in contracts ie can move to a bigger rep club/top 4 club/club in champions league/higher division etc

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the right place to request this, but would it be possible to release the editor as a standalone download at the same time as the demo (or any time before the full game is released)? This would allow editors to create their leagues or other changes ahead of time so when the actual game is released they (and anyone who downloads the edits) can jump right in.

Good one this.

Having looked through, I agree with a lot of what I see; I think I would like to see the following:

- Regional Boundary definitions - As mentioned, rather than use a city as a boundary, regions should be used such as East Midlands, etc.

Absolutely +1

Regional boundaries is the most infuriating thing when trying to get teams to stay put in their correct division. This seems like a much simpler solution that the current one! :thup:

Being able to change the column headings without editing panels would be nice, particularly in specific sections searches (e. g. Club Contract> Club> Set default search to organised by reputation.)

The ability to change one thing, and I mean one solitary thing in continental competition rules without losing co-efficients and club history. Like, oh, I don't know, Start date offset.

Set Future loans and managerial/coaching changes.

Any option so Caretaker Managers at the beginning of a new game remain in the Caretaker role for more than about three days.

All of this:

EDIT: Also, the resizing thing too actually. Scrolling is a nightmare at times.

Plus the club transfer preferences thing. Superb idea and would hopefully stop clubs going after some really stupid targets the minute transfer budgets are allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just mentioning the local region boundary thing again so SI knows how much this is wanted.

And i'd love to be able to select a load of teams (say 8divs of 16 teams =126 teams total), then select the parent division for these local divisions, and the editor sorting them out, putting them in the right one.

I started a db with all 450 (And reserves and U19, so 1350) teams in Holland in a playable league. I doubt it'll be finished when Steam will have the Holiday Sale for fm16...

• 2 weeks later...
Migth be suggested already, but only scanned over the topic.

The possibility to make (more easily) multinations competitions like a Beneliga for Belgium/Netherlands without having to change nations for clubs etc.

I remember suggesting this previously, however it doesn't seem to attract much attention. But that would be absolutely fantastic! I've tried creating league mergers several times, but it just never feels right when teams are forced to take the nationality of another nation, loses the authenticity. Doubt SI will include it though as I imagine it would be somewhat problematic.

I remember suggesting this previously, however it doesn't seem to attract much attention. But that would be absolutely fantastic! I've tried creating league mergers several times, but it just never feels right when teams are forced to take the nationality of another nation, loses the authenticity. Doubt SI will include it though as I imagine it would be somewhat problematic.

Yes please! I would love to be able to create a proper Nordic League or Home Nations League...

The ability to create an award, and apply it to selected competitions. So if I had a Golden Boot winner, I create one, apply it to all the leagues in my pyramid, but it auto-renames the award for each league. This will save a lot of repetition.

The ability to create an award, and apply it to selected competitions. So if I had a Golden Boot winner, I create one, apply it to all the leagues in my pyramid, but it auto-renames the award for each league. This will save a lot of repetition.

^ this for sure. It will be quite handy for fantasy leagues.

Ability to create new local regions, possibly the creation of a new database field type called county

Completely agree with the first part.

As for the second part, for a nation the size of England (especially "size" in terms of football), they really should just make the local regions in-game = counties IRL. That is already the case in a lot of smaller nations, e.g. Denmark (5 RL regions/"counties" = 5 FM regions), so I think that's just a matter of "FM tradition" and no one ever thought about changing it...

As for the second part, for a nation the size of England (especially "size" in terms of football), they really should just make the local regions in-game = counties IRL. That is already the case in a lot of smaller nations, e.g. Denmark (5 RL regions/"counties" = 5 FM regions), so I think that's just a matter of "FM tradition" and no one ever thought about changing it...

That is what I meant by possibly. Local regions can do the role of counties too.

the possibility of creating local divisions associated with local regions without having to define the limits north, south, east and west, because the regions are not square.

Very much YES! Getting regional divisions to work with boundaries is a pain in the rear...

Ability to create new local regions, possibly the creation of a new database field type called county

I would add in the ability when making a league choose which counties the clubs are from. Say with the Northern League, you've got clubs from Northumberland, Durham, Teesside, Cumberland, Westmorland taking part to name a few.

- More generitic setup for regional boundaries. Meaning instead of defining in the leagues the North, South, East and West boundaries, you put up the region (and allow for this option to be multiple choice, instead only one). For exemaple instead of making south boundary of North league of England is Leicester you choose in the option North League Regions: West Midlands, East Midlands, North West, Yorkshire and the Humber and North East.

- Allow us to create, change and delete the regions as we see fit. I mean this could possible easy for a single option of region of the league instead of multiple like the example above, make a North Region with those smaller regions. I think this would make more dinamic the regionalisation of these leagues and easier to set them up.

I suggested something like this early this year, and few years ago as well in another thread.

Again, +1 to all of these suggestions which would make regional subdivision editing sooo much easier! Teams "jumping division" is always my biggest editing problem...

biggest request I have is for the fm16 editor to be released with beta test of fm16 later this week so us editors can get on with some projects prior to full game release

there shouldn't be an issue with doing this as it should be ready now and any bugs can be resolved and any needed patches can be added to full release

Since creating regional lower divisions is almost impossible to do in correct working way, I have to requests:

1. Instead of setting boundaries, being able to tell a division to link a division to one ore more regions, F.eks like the Norwegian 3rd division were f.ex the 12 groups consists of teams from set regions. Group 12 have teams from Troms and Finnmark, Group 11 has teams from Hålogaland and Nordland etc. In 4th Division you have one groupo with teams from Finmark, one from Troms etc.

2. To be able to handle nr one, Introduce the Norwegian (I've found out that other countries do this as well) system, Adjust by Relegation. The system works this way:

The example I'm going to use is the 3rd division group 12, there are 12 teams in this league. This contains the clubs from the two northernest football regions in Norway, Troms and Finnmark. From this, as with all the 11 other 3rd division groups, one team is promoted. The two bottom teams are supposed to get relegated to the 4th division. How many teams that are relegated are different between the 3rd division groups, as they are depende on how many 4th division groups they can relegate teams to. The 3rd division group 12 can relegate teams to two 4rth division groups. One for the teams in Troms and one for the teams in Finnmark. To summarize, one team is promoted, and two teams are relegated (ideally) from 3rd divison group 12, which means that these teams should be replaced by 3 teams. One team that are relegated from the 2nd division, one team promoted from 4th division Troms and one from 4th division Finnmark. Then there is a but.

This year (2015 season) is a good example: In this season four teams that belongs to the two Northernest football regions played in the 2nd division and none got relegated. That means that when the 3rd division group 12 has promoted one team and relegated two, they are missing one team for the 2016 season. The two teams from the 4th division replaces the two relegated teams, but no teams replaces the promoted team. Then the adjust by relegation system kicks in, and to have 12 teams in the division for 2016 season the team that ended second to bottom are not relegated, they keep their place in the league, and the adjustment by relegation has been done by only relegating one team instead of two.

A different scenario that I don't think has happened yet is that let us say that two of the 2nd division teams that belongs to the two northernest football regions go down to the 3rd division, then the number of relegated teams in the 3rd division will increase. Let us say that if both Finnsnes and Senja have a poor season next year and both get relegated, then two teams will come down from the seacond division two the 3rd division group 12. At the same time one team are promoted from 4th division Troms and one team are promoted from 4th division Finnmark. This means that 4 new teams are coming into 3rd division group 12 in 2017. Then at the same time 3rd division group 12 have as usual lost three teams, one team promoted to the 2nd division and relegated two teams to 4th division. This means that they will have one more team then they need for the 2017 season, and then they adjust by relegation and have one more team relegated from the 3rd division group 12. This means that the team third from bottom also are relegated to the fourt division, and the adjustment by relegation have been done by relegating 3 instead of two teams.

Of course this affects the 4th divisions in Troms and Finnmark as they will also have to adjust by relegation depending on wich group the relegated teams from 3rd division belongs to.

I'm assuming there'll be some (probably small) changes to the editor this year again (hopefully some ideas from this thread make an appearance), so: any sign of a rundown of new editor features for this year's version like they did a couple of years ago?

(I realise this is OT for this thread but I reckoned folk in here would be the most likely to know)

I'm assuming there'll be some (probably small) changes to the editor this year again (hopefully some ideas from this thread make an appearance), so: any sign of a rundown of new editor features for this year's version like they did a couple of years ago?

(I realise this is OT for this thread but I reckoned folk in here would be the most likely to know)

A guide for using Advanced Editor and a list of changelog should be done, respecting the users!

No sign of any editor updates so far unfortunately. Still low priority by the look of it

that's a shame I know a lot of the long established users are waiting to see before buying this year...lets hope there is good news

was hoping for a beta release this year but that was being a tad too hopeful

:D

One week for the release of the game and no news about FM Editor. To be honest I'm becoming impatient about it.

I know, I know, that the news will eventually be released, but I'm just human and I very, very curious to know about the Editor and what news does it bring.

please add a option on IGE (In game editor) to remove Financial FairPlay rules...it's a pain on the arse if you wanna cheat, because if you spent too much money on players your team is removed from Champions League/Europa League.

Well as much as I'd like to there's no way I'm gonna' read through this entire thread so please accept my sincerest apologies in advance if I repeat anything that's been mentioned, but I have a list!

- The ability to simply remove FFP rules, rather than having to go through the advanced editor (where I think it is actually possible).

- The ability to simply remove salary caps and squad rules from the A-League and MLS without having to recreate the competitions and therefore, with the MLS, losing the draft.

- The ability to add teams to the a current contest but for future seasons. Like with FM15, Orlando City and NYCFC were there and playable, but not league teams until the following season. Being able to expand the A-League over a number of years, for example, would be pretty sweet.

- The ability to edit the World Cup to have more than 32 - I think it's 32, lol - teams competing, thus potentially upping the reputation of some slightly smaller nations.

- The ability to make Oceania work more like the other confederations. It doesn't matter to me whether that's realistic or not, but to have the OFC guaranteed representation at the World Cup rather than having to go through a playoff would be pretty cool.

IN GAME EDITOR:

Popup request:

Move player to my club ---> ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO MOVE THIS PLAYER TO YOUR CLUB? Y/N

Sometimes I accidentally move a player to my club instead of editing it. That's because the two buttons are so close together. I then restore the player to his club, but the damage has been done in terms of on-screen stats, which have all been wiped, plus complaints from my board that I let a good player go.

Pre-game editor: For creating new players, a CA range would be marvellous. As it stands, (unless I'm doing something wrong) to get a random CA, I have to leave it at 0 and set the (random) PA and hope for the best for a figure somewhere between those. What experimentation I have done showed that I needed to up the facilities to an unrealistic level to get a decent random Regional Conference level squad. What I'd like is to set the lower_ca to say 50 and the upper_ca to 100 and have the game generate from that range.

STADIUM GRAPHICS EDITOR:

I would like to change the graphics of all stadium.. This feature is necessary!!

Actually many stadiums are so far from the reality...

In the Resarch We had the possibility to change something in the stadium graphics...

StadiumBlockPosition

StadiumBlockNoStand

StadiumBlockRoofType

StadiumBlockRoofSupportStructure

There is no way to change stadiums ACTUALLY I think..

It wish this feature.....

IMO there is 4 Things the SI ingame editor needs to be perfect....

1. the ability to edit a clubs name in game (so when you find some annoying fake name you can edit it without starting a new game.

2. the ability to add a transfer fee to the transfer when you move them between clubs

3. the ability to move players on loan to the club of your choice

4. the ability to cancel agreed transfers

Please add them in :)